Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech (24034 Views)

Garba Shehu Blasts Enyinnaya Abaribe For Asking President Buhari To Resign / Amotekun: IPOB Commends South-West Governors, Blasts Ohanaeze, Others / Ruga: Uwazuruike Blasts Ohanaeze 'Urging Igbos To Defend Themselves, Cowardice' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by samsobo24(m): 7:22am On Oct 03, 2017
Garba Shehu, spokesperson to President Muhammadu Buhari, has condemned Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s criticisms of President Buhari’s Independence Day speech.

Shehu, in a statement on Monday, maintained that it was unfair for the group to blame the recent unrest in the southeast region on the federal government.

“President Buhari was not abdicating his responsibilities. He didn’t request any political leader to do anything seminal or out of the box.

“All he says is, talk to your out-of-the-line-youth so that we have some peace. Igbo leaders need not to be on the defensive for the misbehaviour of the IPOB which they rightly condemned,” he said.

Shehu stated that the President was simply saying that the regional leaders also had a role to play in keeping their hot-headed youth in check.

“President Buhari was simply calling out the regional leaders to their responsibilities, making them aware of the crucial role they can play.

“This should not be seen as an attack on the Ohaneze or on any other regional leaders.”

Shehu also reacted to other criticisms of the President’s speech, particularly the declaration that all matters of restructuring or constitutional amendment are the business of the National Assembly.

“It beats our imagination that men claiming to be democrats or having democratic credentials are asking the government to ignore an elected parliament in preference to a committee made up of presidential appointees to debate and resolve constitutional issues.

“You are either for democracy or for its opposite. For us in this government, democracy is the country’s chosen system of government and we are determined to deepen and uphold it.

“Democracy may be slow and chaotic, but it remains the best system of government the world has got so far.

“We inherited a country in tatters- its economy, its security and its social relations. President Buhari deserves credit for rebuilding what has been destroyed.

“If anyone thinks this a failure, let them talk to those millions of farmers we have empowered to create riches for themselves and the nation, for whom fertilizer is available everywhere at the regulated price of N5,500 instead of N13,800, a year ago.

“Let them ask the manufacturers and importers of goods who bought the Dollar at N525:00 and are happy that it is down to N360:00 and still improving.

“Let them go back and read the accomplishments highlighted in the speech, to see the advancements in security, agriculture, the ease of doing business and anti-corruption, to mention a few,’’ he stressed.

Shehu also condemned those he described as professional critics who were fond of attacking or criticizing meaningful government policies and programmes with the hope of being “settled’’.

He said: “As for those critics who are used to being settled by successive governments, with false claims to being so-called conscience of society popping out from the cupboard on and off to drive the country towards religious and ethnic polarization, they have no other motive but to rock the boat of good governance.

“What they yearn for is to be picked out to be paid to keep quiet. The Buhari government has abolished ‘settlement’.

“Polarizing speeches that aggravate Nigerian against a brother Nigerian are causing damage to our democracy, rocking at the very foundation of our unity and they better not cross those red lines as warned by the President.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/02/presidency-blasts-ohanaeze-ipob-buharis-speech/

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by Lloydfather(m): 7:29am On Oct 03, 2017
Are u trying to modifying the already damaged speech or do u want to justify ur president?
The truth is the animal that wrote the speech and the dullard that read it out were disgrace to ur so called democracy. The same leader that gave ur army passage to kill it's youth on ur behalf without criticism u.
U want them to keep supporting u while u proscribe their people terrorist and gave ur own people AK47 to kill at their will. HYPOCRITE .

221 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by samsobo24(m): 7:32am On Oct 03, 2017
Mynd44 I sight you
Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by tuniski: 7:34am On Oct 03, 2017
So northern leaders should be celebrated for cheering Boko Haram abi? All these buhari apologists have lost it cos of man worshiping.

Nigeria will be greater after buhari.

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by Paperwhite(m): 7:35am On Oct 03, 2017
This government of course continue to remain daft as usual always elevating its level of stupidity.So every contrary opinion in governance is now "hate speech" Governance is meant to be constructive even with opposition.So why is the APC government being hypocritically intolerant? Meanwhile many individuals or bodies of sound reasoning have condemned Buhari's so called independence speech and not only the Ohanaeze because it was not nationalistic in content but only a "hate speech" directed at the SE region.

114 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by 989900: 7:39am On Oct 03, 2017
Garba made sense, but I don't get the dollar part.

The cluelessness/complicity of this administration added to the illness already plaguing the Naira.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by Mujaheeeden: 7:44am On Oct 03, 2017
Buhari has made a Pig to joined in a debate of the IQ of man in comparison to other animals.

Buhari's IQ is smaller than that of a nematode

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by GetMeRight: 7:47am On Oct 03, 2017
tuniski:
So northern leaders should be celebrated for cheering Boko Haram abi? All these buhari apologists have lost it cos of man worshiping.

Nigeria will be greater after buhari.
You and your elders in your region want to go the way of Boko Haram? Good luck.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by amjoseph19: 7:48am On Oct 03, 2017
Arewa wrote to the UN to tag IPOB a terrorist group. UN asked for Arewe youth arrest.
Before we could know it, buhari went ahead to carry the wish of Arewa youths.

Nothern elders blast Southeast Governor and ohaneze ndi igbom

before we could know it, Buhari is now blasting. check the pattern whatever the arewa youths or elders want will be implemented the following day.

74 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by amjoseph19: 7:49am On Oct 03, 2017
GetMeRight:

You and your elders in your want to go the way of Boko Haram? Good luck.
Even Mandela was once tagged a terrorist.
If asking for a referendum just like the kurdish and Catalonia means we want to go the boko haram way, then.... boko haram way here we come.

Minister of advice. pls advice yourself and your region. leave us alone with our stupidity.

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by Lipscomb(m): 7:49am On Oct 03, 2017
Ndigbo or Ndgo or whatever should be totally ignore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by Yyeske(m): 7:52am On Oct 03, 2017
Who doesn't know Ohanaeze are useless to everyone, IPOB terrorists dislike them, right thinking people dislike them too.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by amjoseph19: 7:58am On Oct 03, 2017
Yyeske:
Who doesn't know Ohanaeze are useless to everyone, IPOB terrorists dislike them, right thinking people dislike them too.
I dislike them tooo.
How dear them challenge the status quo of this progressive nation. How dear challenge the North, the 97%. How dear them call for the arrest of our peaceful fulani herdsmen who have killed no one. They are bloody terrorist group who have been massacring millions of people with stick. There terrorist activities are well known across the globe.

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by PointB: 7:59am On Oct 03, 2017
I have no sympathy for Ohaneze.

They have been tip-toeing around instead of taking the bull by the horn. Now they are playing catch-up/defense.

14 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by SweetJoystick(m): 8:10am On Oct 03, 2017
Cross red lines? Na military regime? Oh I forgot, Nigeria is currently practising militrocracy.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by Oloripelebe: 8:15am On Oct 03, 2017
Presidency Always blasting ,masses always reacting.. ..when is the trumpet sounding? cool

4 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by NigerDeltan(m): 8:17am On Oct 03, 2017

President Buhari deserves credit for rebuilding what has been destroyed.“If anyone thinks this a failure, let them talk to those millions of farmers we have empowered to create riches for themselves and the nation, for whom fertilizer is available everywhere at the regulated price of N5,500 instead of N13,800, a year ago.“Let them ask the manufacturers and importers of goods who bought the Dollar at N525:00 and are happy that it is down to N360:00 and still improving.“Let them go back and read the accomplishments highlighted inthe speech, to see the advancements in security, agriculture, the ease of doing business and anti-corruption, tomention a few,’’ he stressed.

Ladies and gentlemen, you can now see Buhari's achievements since may 29, 2015

I have never seen a comment as senseless as this

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by kross01(m): 8:41am On Oct 03, 2017
You drove the dollar to #525 managed to bring it down to #360, which is still above what you met it at when you took over the reins of government and there you are, blowing your trumpet of achievement. Sometimes I loose the urge to criticise these guys and just feel pity for them

82 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by magoo10(m): 8:54am On Oct 03, 2017
Shameless govt with her shameless spokes person ,what did buhari do as an elder to quench the boko haram menace ? which advice did he give to the youths? rather the shameless old man joined them in threatening the dogs and the baboon and went ahead to threaten that an attack on boko haram is an attack on the north.

How this bunch of failures expect us to celebrate the dollar from 525 to 360 baffles me when it is clear that their ineptitude ,clueless ness and body odour made the exchange rate to go high despite promising to make $1 equal #1 .what a shame coming from bunch of irresponsible elders of the north .

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by Integrityfarms(m): 8:54am On Oct 03, 2017
If only the political leaders in the south east did not sell their birthright for a pottage with the almajiris,.... Who is Garba Shehu?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by lurther: 8:55am On Oct 03, 2017
The funny thing in Buhari independent days speech and this Garba Shehu's reply to Ohaneze Ndigbo is that IPOB was not tagged as terrorist.

I thought the federal government have tagged IPOB as a terrorist group? Why didn't Buhari proudly call them terrorist group on his indepence day speech.

Garba Shehu didn't call IPOB a terrorist group too?

They should just start getting ready to appear in ICC after 2019, because killing of innocent citizen, and trying to tag them as terrorist isn't flying as the western world have made it clear to them

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by stcool(m): 8:55am On Oct 03, 2017
Garba Shehu is a re-tar-ded old fool

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by kollinz1234(m): 8:55am On Oct 03, 2017
Hmmm thank God Jonathan didn't succeed in his plans to make a sitting president remain in office for six consecutive years else Buhari would have still had 4 years can u imagine?

Now I cannot freely speak becos I am afraid of talking (where is my freedom of expression?)

Now I cannot move to the north becos I am afraid of the quit notice (where is my freedom of movement)

Now I cannot marry my Muslim girlfriend because I am Igbo (where is my freedom of association?)

Now I cannot even farm to eat because Fulani will kill me (where is my right to life?)

Buhari has divided this country, he has crippled the powers of the constitution, he has thrown away the rule of law and he has denied me my fundamental human rights that even by typing this I M afraid the mod may ban me cry

That is why I will vote ATIKU come 2019

He is educated
He is not violent
He is not a religious fanatic

Thank you

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by potipher7: 8:56am On Oct 03, 2017
grin

Lol expect less from a gworo crushing mallam grin

10 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by quiverfull(m): 8:56am On Oct 03, 2017
Blast kwa?

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 03, 2017

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by greatwhite(m): 8:56am On Oct 03, 2017
grin I didn't see any blast.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by NnamdiKanu(m): 8:57am On Oct 03, 2017
u mean that cloned presidents independence speech? Well jubrin is a bastard cheesy

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by Omofunaab2: 8:57am On Oct 03, 2017
Chai... potor don suffer
Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 03, 2017
there was no need for Garba to re-explain buhari's speech. The re-explanation only buttresses the cluelessness nd bigotry in the speech.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Blasts Ohanaeze Over IPOB, Buhari’s Speech by Benbell221: 8:57am On Oct 03, 2017
Wrong move

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NPA Terminates Intels Pilotage Contract Over Failure To Remit $145.84m / Marafa: Crooks Within APC Want To Install Serving Governor As Buhari's Successor / Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.