Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) (70115 Views)

Emir Sanusi: "If You Don't Have Money, Don't Give Birth To Many Children" / The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From / Pictures From Omabe Festival In Nsukka, Enugu State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Mekyno(m): 11:41am On Nov 21, 2015
Goldienana:
I dont need to go through dt list. Am from Nsukka n my sis pride price was #1000. Ijedi meaning first visit to ur husband hus can be anything he gives u, like shopping for u n all dt. Nsukka town don't gv list.dis is nonsense.
i dey suspect dat list bt if it is real den dat list is jst a 'd village scope'.
Jst to see hw much he can pay/provide frm dat list, it must nt be all.
Lyk dat bride price of 50k can turn 2k or 5k. Am sure of dat

2 Likes

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by agarawu23(m): 11:41am On Nov 21, 2015
obum88:

My guy pray God blesses you not to challenge how much for wedding.
make God bless me pass like this, I can't spend that much on a Lady. Don't forget the 500k is excluded the main" wedding preparation
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by oluamid(m): 11:42am On Nov 21, 2015
Krismart:
What u get cheap, u can alwez miss use cos u can afford another, but what u sweat to get u will cherish and protect cos u knw what it cost u and even will cost you to get another

Your analogy is false in this instance. The success or not of a marriage does not depend on how much was paid to acquire the wife. At the end of the day, both husband and wife are humans with different emotional understanding and not robots without feelings. It'll still take the two of them to make the marriage work whether dowry was paid or not.
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 21, 2015
Goldienana:
I dont need to go through dt list. Am from Nsukka n my sis pride price was #1000. Ijedi meaning first visit to ur husband hus can be anything he gives u, like shopping for u n all dt. Nsukka town don't gv list.dis is nonsense.
I am just confused. These people can go a long way to paint us bad. I am from Nsukka and very good in some of our traditions, but I have never seen an Nsukka family give Suitor list. But as a suitor who loves the girl you want to marry and you are not under force or undue influence, what is there to spend 500,000 or even above?

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by shogz89: 11:43am On Nov 21, 2015
safarigirl:
The North has the highest rate of divorce in Nigeria, followed by the west before the East, even my Northern lecturer said this.

Why don't you all go ask Easterners how they manage to sustain their marriages rather than mock the pre-marriage process. What happens before the marriage means little compared to what happens during the marriage
am not talking about divorce,, am talking about cheating... Why will you say IBO girls don't cheat,, all the tribes in the whole world cheats both male and female, white or black... No body dey run mad anywhere no,, yoruba dey say magun if you cheat how many times magun dey kill
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Bollinger(m): 11:45am On Nov 21, 2015
safarigirl:
The North has the highest rate of divorce in Nigeria, followed by the west before the East, even my Northern lecturer said this.

Why don't you all go ask Easterners how they manage to sustain their marriages rather than mock the pre-marriage process. What happens before the marriage means little compared to what happens during the marriage

Ignorance is bliss.
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 21, 2015
Demigods:

Hmmm!! poverty!
what do you mean by poverty? Are you saying that he should steal to marry? In this 21st century families charge high bride price to give their daughters out and you except their son in-law s to be happy? Do you think after the marriage that there might be any closeness between the groom and his inlaws after coughing that huge amount? Are you aware such amount contribute indirectly to domestic violence in Nigeria
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by IamLEGEND1: 11:48am On Nov 21, 2015
sweatlana:

U must be from the north cos that's what my gate man always says
That if u have 50k u can marry a wife and even have some change for transport.
He just got married to a beautiful young girl from his place.
dat guy get sense.

500k,dem think say me na senator pikin?

rapu okwu à
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by safarigirl(f): 11:49am On Nov 21, 2015
shogz89:
am not talking about divorce,, am talking about cheating... Why will you say IBO girls don't cheat,, all the tribes in the whole world cheats both male and female, white or black... No body dey run mad anywhere no,, yoruba dey say magun if you cheat how many times magun dey kill
I didn't men they don't cheat, I already replied the other confused fellow that what I meant is that cheating is not rampant in Igbo land compared to others

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by shegra58: 11:50am On Nov 21, 2015
Handsomebeing:

Don't think that will work. What if the father is in support and threatens not to give his blessing. Have seen a case like that.
make he marry her himself now
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by IamLEGEND1: 11:51am On Nov 21, 2015
okeydom:
my friend come lets go to Imo state
bros mi
I no dey do oh.....you want make níggax dey take High BP drugs at this stage?
I no wan die early mehn.
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 21, 2015
Vig86:

I am just confused. These people can go along way to paint us bad. I am from Nsukka and very good in some of our traditions, but I have never seen an Nsukka family give Suitor list. But as a suitor who loves the girl you want to marry and you are not under force or undue influence, what is there to spend 500,000 or even above?
are you supposing the groom to pay such amount? If yes bear it in mind that the family is selling their daughter not marriage
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by shogz89: 11:51am On Nov 21, 2015
safarigirl:
I didn't men they don't cheat, I already replied the other confused fellow that what I meant is that cheating is not rampant in Igbo land compared to others
kk that was the only thing I wanted to clear,, I don't know about divorce cos I don't have the statistics
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Kanbee: 11:52am On Nov 21, 2015
Wedding receptions often succeed or fail
based on the performance of
the MC. If the MC isn't entertaining, or even
worse, makes jokes in poor taste,
it reflects negatively on the bride and groom.
If want your reception to be classy, run
smoothly, and
be as wonderful as it can be, at a pocket-
friendly price, contact A Professional MC on
07030828285, BBM PIN: 565085F0. You can
as well like our new facebook page:"Kanby Innovations".
Looking forward to hearing from you! Please pass it on; you may be helping someone who needs this info.
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by safarigirl(f): 11:52am On Nov 21, 2015
Bollinger:

Ignorance is bliss.
that statement is better applied to you and the OP.

Aren't you the ignorant,under-achieving fellow that was arguing on my other thread that the Eaglets are overaged? Ignorance must run through your veins, or you're just a faceless hater.

3 Likes

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 21, 2015
ifyjohnson:

Saferi my sister your head dey there don't mind some people who come here to make wrong assertion igbo this igbo that but they won't leave igbo gals alone talking about stable marriages try igbo girls
Shut the f**k up and stop trading on Igbo girls all in the name of f**king tradition!
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 21, 2015
agarawu23:
make God bless me pass like this, I can't spend that much on a Lady. Don't forget the 500k is excluded the main" wedding preparation

Guy chill that's their price if e no reach for you you go try another shop. You no go dey person market dey tell am how much he go sell.
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by IamLEGEND1: 11:53am On Nov 21, 2015
Trustworthiness:

That is why their girls sleep around in places like Lekki, Victoria Island (Lagos) , Abuja, Port Harcourt looking for rich guys to marry them. At the end, they become object of sexual satisfaction.

1 Like

nwachukwu080:

Go pet section and see how much some dogs cost.... 500k and u are complaining ?
In essence the bride is a commodity?
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by maureen546: 11:54am On Nov 21, 2015
If u ask me na who I go ask,d matter wey u see so e don teee
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Donpressman(m): 11:54am On Nov 21, 2015
dubemnaija:

Bros, how many able bodied men can afford such fee? abeg how much be minimum wage? grin

[size=4pt]abeg shift one side with ur able-bodiness[/size]
You made my day grin
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Sanchase: 11:55am On Nov 21, 2015
Most of the viewers of this thread think a girl has to be a virgin before you marry her, yes its good if she is but the rate of poverty in Nigeria makes the availability of virgins the most scarce commodity. On the other hand, people like Kanye West who fell in love with a girl that got her fame performing a doggy style on camera would look at some of the comments and think wat da hell is wrong with Africa. There are some really hot girls in Nigeria that will make you borrow money from your family just to marry them and you will have no choice because your competitor is ready to pay the price.

The guy in question needs to evaluate his pros and cons.

Firstly, can he afford the 500K if yes, will he still be able to sustain life with the girl after spending the 500K.

Secondly, does the girl have disposable income if yes, how much of it can she contribute towards the wedding.

In most instances Nigerian girls believe the man is the only person that needs to bear the cross while she keep her own income safe, if that is this guys case i suggest he look for alternatives as he is in for big trouble.

The 500K is not bad, the guy needs to evaluate what items that can be compromised and seek contribution from the girl (this has to stay between both of them).

In some states this 500K is just phase 1, people can scream all they care but spending this 500K doesn't mean you are buying the girl. The items listed are all commodities that will be consumed by the girl's extended families on the wedding day, most of the items are commodities or services, its not even a cash donation.

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by agarawu23(m): 11:55am On Nov 21, 2015
obum88:

Guy chill that's their price if e no reach for you you go try another shop. You no go dey person market dey tell am how much he go sell.
OK sir

I hear u
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 21, 2015
slimgold123:
U fit talk with them to reduce the List/Price. You can't just take her for free na even if she no fine. The right thing should be done at the right time.
it's not about being cheap but it should be moderate not something that is beyond his reach. don't forget what lies ahead after the wedding.
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 21, 2015
If I am the president of Nigeria I will put an end to all the miserable traditional practices in the country. Primitive people! Ptui!
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by dacovajnr: 11:57am On Nov 21, 2015
To pay the money no go be problem..but make she no do wetin I want na there d problem go dey..coz I go purposely turn her to slave making entry into every available holes she has coz na buy I buy no be bride price I pay..then I go marry another woman separately undecided
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by chi4ik4(m): 11:57am On Nov 21, 2015
iamrealdeji:
so,Nsuka is a town? I used to think it's just a name of a University
Nsukka has 9 local government out of 17 local government in Enugu state. Nsukka town is the second town in Enugu state after Enugu city. Nsukka also have many other towns a part from the main UNN town.
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 21, 2015
obum88:

You i d i o t! You barbarian and a rip-off!
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Donpressman(m): 11:58am On Nov 21, 2015
obum88:

what is this one saying? seems you are the one who do the lists drafting for your sisters and hand over to your dad ? or Why are you this pained?
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by newspostng(m): 12:01pm On Nov 21, 2015
then you should leave them, let them marry themselves.....why marrying from demanding state when yorubas will give you there lovely educated daughters for free and also support your marriage financially

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Bollinger(m): 12:01pm On Nov 21, 2015
newspostng:
then you should leave them, let them marry themselves.....why marrying from demanding state when yorubas will give you there lovely educatd daughters for fre and also support your marriage fiancially

Abi ooooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. / Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) / See The Sacrifice They Dropped On My Neighbor's Doorstep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.