Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) (70128 Views)

Emir Sanusi: "If You Don't Have Money, Don't Give Birth To Many Children" / The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From / Pictures From Omabe Festival In Nsukka, Enugu State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by IamLEGEND1: 12:02pm On Nov 21, 2015
Pastis:

Dem force you? If Nsukka is expensive, try Mbaise, kalabari or eleme. Mugu.

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 21, 2015
I can't and I won't pay 500K for those girls with male legs, ugly faces and strong a$$. I don't buy human beings. That is what slavery is all about yet will criticize white people for trading on blacks for farming in the Americas in the past here we are doing the same thing in modern times in Igbo land. F**k all Igbo people involved in this barbaric act! Ptui! angry angry angry cry

3 Likes

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 21, 2015
Sanchase:
Most of the viewers of this thread think a girl has to be a virgin before you marry her, yes its good if she is but the rate of poverty in Nigeria makes the availability of virgins the most scarce commodity. On the other hand, people like Kanye West who fell in love with a girl that got her fame performing a doggy style on camera would look at some of the comments and think wat da hell is wrong with Africa. There are some really hot girls in Nigeria that will make you borrow money from your family just to marry them and you will have no choice because your competitor is ready to pay the price.

The guy in question needs to evaluate his pros and cons.

Firstly, can he afford the 500K if yes, will he still be able to sustain life with the girl after spending the 500K.

Secondly, does the girl have disposable income if yes, how much of it can she contribute towards the wedding.

In most instances Nigerian girls believe the man is the only person that needs to bear the cross while she keep her own income safe, if that is this guys case i suggest he look for alternatives as he is in for big trouble.

The 500K is not bad, the guy needs to evaluate what items that can be compromised and seek contribution from the girl (this has to stay between both of them).

In some states this 500K is just phase 1, people can scream all they care but spending this 500K doesn't mean you are buying the girl. The items listed are all commodities that will be consumed by the girl's extended families on the wedding day, most of the items are commodities or services, its not even a cash donation.
Nonsense!
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by newspostng(m): 12:05pm On Nov 21, 2015
then you should leave them, let them marry themselves.....why marrying from demanding state when yorubas will give you there lovely educated daughters for free and also support your marriage financially

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 21, 2015
all4naija:
I can't and I won't pay 500K for those girls with male legs, ugly faces and strong a$$. I don't buy human beings. That is what slavery is all about yet will criticize white people for trading on blacks for farming in Americas in the past here we are doing the same thing in modern times in Igbo land. F**k all Igbo people involved in this barbaric act! Ptui! angry angry angry cry
Our girls are not meant for street rags like you tongue

2 Likes

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 21, 2015
slimmy05:
Our girls are not meant for street rags like you tongue
Oh, yeah! Tell me something about selling them off for a price. It is a big shame you are supporting this primitive practice.
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Donpressman(m): 12:07pm On Nov 21, 2015
Sanchase:
Most of the viewers of this thread think a girl has to be a virgin before you marry her, yes its good if she is but the rate of poverty in Nigeria makes the availability of virgins the most scarce commodity. On the other hand, people like Kanye West who fell in love with a girl that got her fame performing a doggy style on camera would look at some of the comments and think wat da hell is wrong with Africa. There are some really hot girls in Nigeria that will make you borrow money from your family just to marry them and you will have no choice because your competitor is ready to pay the price.

The guy in question needs to evaluate his pros and cons.

Firstly, can he afford the 500K if yes, will he still be able to sustain life with the girl after spending the 500K.

Secondly, does the girl have disposable income if yes, how much of it can she contribute towards the wedding.

In most instances Nigerian girls believe the man is the only person that needs to bear the cross while she keep her own income safe, if that is this guys case i suggest he look for alternatives as he is in for big trouble.

The 500K is not bad, the guy needs to evaluate what items that can be compromised and seek contribution from the girl (this has to stay between both of them).

In some states this 500K is just phase 1, people can scream all they care but spending this 500K doesn't mean you are buying the girl. The items listed are all commodities that will be consumed by the girl's extended families on the wedding day, most of the items are commodities or services, its not even a cash donation.
But Kanye West has succour in the fact that his wife has money too. If the girl in question is gainfully employed and probably drives her own car and just average okay then am sure the guy won't even blink before the 500k is produced. Imagine a girl who has f. uck ed around all in the name of am in a relationship, taking care of most of her expenses in school by sleeping with Emeka, chukwudi and Co, her parents can't even get her a degree instead she's in a poly and you have the gut to draft a list of 500k. Am I mad?

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by jesuspikinjp(m): 12:11pm On Nov 21, 2015
Since the parents are ready to pay me back my money with interest if thing didn't work out in future
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by ifyjohnson(f): 12:11pm On Nov 21, 2015
all4naija:

Shut the f**k up and stop trading on Igbo girls all in the name of f**king tradition!

See me see wahala oo wot bitting u dear my post or opinion shouldn't affect you in anyway nah oops sorry if I offended you in any way but no offense I still maintain my stand find something to do and stop quoting me am not hear to engage in efight

Peace!!!
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by claudine3(f): 12:12pm On Nov 21, 2015
dubemnaija:

Bros, how many able bodied men can afford such fee? abeg how much be minimum wage? grin

[size=4pt]abeg shift one side with ur able-bodiness[/size]

loolllll...haahahaahaaahaahaahaaaaa
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 21, 2015
asuustrike2009:

are you supposing the groom to pay such amount? If yes bear it in mind that the family is selling their daughter not marriage
No, I am not. Nsukka people don't demand or fix price for the bride. You pay what comes from your mind, and as a reasonable person, you should pay something more than 10k(#10 000). Even if you pay some outrageous amount willingly, the family will accept it and show it to people(kins men) just for 'PRIDE' (it gives value to the girl and her family) and after they will collect some and give you back your money. Telling you that they are not selling their child and if you mishandled her, they will come and collect their child back.
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Bollinger(m): 12:14pm On Nov 21, 2015
newspostng:
then you should leave them, let them marry themselves.....why marrying from demanding state when yorubas will give you there lovely educated daughters for free and also support your marriage financially

I married a yoruba woman. I paid a $500 bride price as demanded. On our wedding day the father handed me an envelope and when i opened it, i was surprised to see the money i paid as bride price. I thought i had offended someone or something. When i asked him he said, "we don't sell our children". Apparently, they ask for it as per tradition, and give it back on your wedding day. We've been married 15 years and counting.

5 Likes

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by ronald4lif(m): 12:15pm On Nov 21, 2015
Madness. And some complain that there are too many unmarried ladies out there waiting to get married when the cost of getting oneself a bride is on the high side. How many young able Nigerian men have 500k as savings and something they can just lavish on a ceremony without experiencing some financial setback.

I see this as not only irresponsible on the part of Igbo culture but more so one of long throat by our gluttonic elders who takes advantage of any ceremony, be it marriage, burial, child dedication, as an avenue to feast and satisfy their appetite for free food.

These scavengers mean no good for their daughter 'after marriage life' as they care less about her well-being and survival in her to-be hubby's house. All they're concern about is for him to empty his entire savings in performing marital rites and don't bother if they eat sand there after or if indeed he can be able to provide for their 'daughter'. Modafuckers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by ofoka: 12:15pm On Nov 21, 2015
This is very considerate. They have costed the party and the traditional things you need to present. If you were to marry from some other places like the south west, the party which no one will cost for you will take far more than this.
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 21, 2015
chiefokonkwo:

Fool
why call him a fool when he simply asked a question. Most persons know that name all thanks to UNN. Just like the stereotyping all cross riverine.as calabar people, with the movement of people from one state to another people tend to learn. You're suppose to refute.or correct his statement not insult
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 21, 2015
all4naija:

You i d i o t! You barbarian and a rip-off!

Why the insult?
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 21, 2015
Vig86:

No, I am not. Nsukka people don't demand or fix price for the bride. You pay what comes from your mind, and as a reasonable person, you should pay something more than 10k(#10 000). Even if you pay some outrageous amount willingly, the family will accept it and show it to people(kins men) just for 'PRIDE' (it gives value to the girl and her family) and after they will collect some and give you back your money. Telling you that they are not selling their child and if you mishandled her, they will come and collect their child back.
Okay I think that is better
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 21, 2015
ifyjohnson:

See me see wahala oo wot bitting u dear my post or opinion shouldn't affect you in anyway nah oops sorry if I offended you in any way but no offense I still maintain my stand find something to do and stop quoting me am not hear to engage in efight

Peace!!!
The stand on barbaric practice of selling fellow human being for money all in the name of f**king tradition. That is total bullsh*t! It is time to stop all the traditions in that hell hole! It is getting on my nerves! This is really pissing me off! Ptui! Smelling humans!
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 21, 2015
Bollinger:

I married a yoruba woman. I paid a $500 bride price as demanded. On our wedding day the father handed me an envelope and when i opened it, i was surprised to see the money i paid as bride price. I thought i had offended someone or something. When i asked him he said, "we don't sell our children". Apparently, they ask for it as per tradition, and give it back on your wedding day. We've been married 15 years and counting.

Good for you. Does it mean Igbo girls are not getting married?
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 21, 2015
obum88:

Why the insult?
For supporting the trading on female person! angry cry
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Bollinger(m): 12:20pm On Nov 21, 2015
obum88:

They are/do.
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 21, 2015
obum88:

I think they are sold not married. Marriage is supposed to be unconditionally agreed on without any form of entitlement for monetary value placed on anybody as you would do with goods or commodities. Please... angry angry angry angry cry

6 Likes

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 21, 2015
Donpressman:
what is this one saying? seems you are the one who do the lists drafting for your sisters and hand over to your dad ? or Why are you this pained?

Do I sound like someone who is pained?

I don't know why we hold some tribes or people to ridicule. Next time you want to date a girl ask her where she is from and know if you can afford her. Simple
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Bollinger(m): 12:22pm On Nov 21, 2015
all4naija:

I think they are sold not married. Marriage is supposed to be unconditionally agreed on without any form of entitlement for monetary value place on anybody as you would do with goods or commodities. Please... angry angry angry angry cry

Lol. . .well said bro, well said.
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by amebovillage(m): 12:23pm On Nov 21, 2015
Abeg kpansh her well b4 u let her go...at least for the stress and emotional trauma... grin grin grin
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 21, 2015
all4naija:

I think they are sold not married. Marriage is supposed to be unconditionally agreed on without any form of entitlement for monetary value place on anybody as you would do with goods or commodities. Please... angry angry angry angry cry

Does it make them less of a woman?

Yes my mother was sold, my sister was sold, my aunties and cousins were sold. Are you happy now?

I don't know why people that spend the money don't complain na riffraff wey no fit feed himself.

Guy go and Sidon and stop yarning trash. If women for your area cheap or free take them and leave ours like that. We like it that way

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 21, 2015
The government should pass a bill to put an end to this trading on Igbo girls!
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 21, 2015
princejayboss:

Oga.... If you look at the list you see that there other things like the money for the cook, decorations and so on ....

As far as my personal opinion is concern...marry her if you have the money

Besides in Igbo land its not a must that you provide all that once .... You can do the important ones and complete them over the years as you live with the girl though this depends on the relationship between you and your in-laws.

My brother god forbid you are saying is that you have not yet want to marry or you don't have money to marry ..... Do you think is easy to find the right woman when the time comes ......

As for me .... I can pay that money 1000x to have wife over and over again cos she worth it
good for ya! Even a billion naira you can pay for what is irrelevant.
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 21, 2015
Marriage registry is there... yet he decided to go this route.
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 21, 2015
obum88:

Does it make them less of a woman?

Yes my mother was sold, my sister was sold, my aunties and cousins were sold. Are you happy now?

I don't know why people that spend the money don't complain na riffraff wey no fit feed himself.

Guy go and Sidon and stop yarning trash. If women for your area cheap or free take them and leave ours like that. We like it that way
Yes, it does! That is one of the reasons there is domestic violation in most homes in Nigeria because the man feels he has paid for the woman's life. Owning her as part of his properties. I can now understand why they treat women with scorn and demean them in Nigeria due to this one ugly practice of selling girls. Ptui! Shame on all of you who support this primitive act.
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 21, 2015
obum88:
500k how much you wan take marry b4? 3k?
Mumu

How much you get sef
Re: If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 21, 2015
all4naija:

Yes, it does! That is one of the reasons there is domestic violation in most homes in Nigeria because the man feels he has paid for the woman's life. Owning her as part of his properties. I can now understand why they treat women with scorn and demean them in Nigeria due to this one ugly practice of selling girls. Ptui! Shame on all of you who support this primitive act.

Embassies and high commissions are giving out visas. You can go elsewhere and try your luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) / Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. / See The Sacrifice They Dropped On My Neighbor's Doorstep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.