Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

FRSC, Most Disciplined Para-military Organization In Nigeria’ –C/R Dept. Gov. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FRSC, Most Disciplined Para-military Organization In Nigeria’ –C/R Dept. Gov. (849 Views)

Para-military Board Suspends 14 Prisons Officers Over Jail Break / Task Force Para-Military Officer Stabbed By Hoodlums In Oshodi, Lagos (Photos) / Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRSC, Most Disciplined Para-military Organization In Nigeria’ –C/R Dept. Gov. by ChappyChase: 6:06am On Nov 21, 2015
Cross River State deputy governor, Prof. Ivara Esu, yesterday rated the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) high, saying it remains the most disciplined para-military organization in Nigeria.

This is even as the FRSC’s Corps Marshal, Boboye Oyeyemi, expressed optimism that the 260km super highway project embarked upon by Governor the Ben Ayade’s led administration will alleviate the hardship faced by commuters in Cross River State.

Esu stated this while flagging off the 2015 Ember Months Campaign Rally of the FRSC, held in Calabar, Cross River State.

He explained that inspite of the prevailing and reported cases of extortion among other para-military organizations in Nigeria, the conduct of the FRSC personnel over the years have been quite exemplary.

“The FRSC is the most discipline para-military organization we have in Nigeria today.

Discipline in the sense that it is one Corps in which corruption that is prime on the road side is very much reduced among its personnel; if at all it exist.

I have never had the opportunity to see any road Marshal collecting money and letting you pass if you break the law.

We want it to continue that way because that is one way of ensuring the reduction of road accident on our roads”, he said.

While emphasizing the need for motorists to always imbibe safety consciousness and consider other road users, Boboye also cautioned that when completed the 260km highway should be used in conformity with traffic regulations.

Represented by Assistant Corps Marshal Austine Ipoh, the Corps Marshal said this year’s campaign in Cross River State must go beyond the street rallies because it is quite strategic.

According to him, “I therefore use this medium to acknowledge the efforts of Governor Ben Ayade to construct the 260km super high way dual carriage from Calabar to northern part of Nigeria.

It is expected that when completed the road would not only alleviate the hardship faced by commuters, but would be used in strict conformity with traffic regulations.

The launch of this ember month campaign in Cross River State is strategic and I fully align with it, but it must go beyond the street rallies.

I solicit your support to imbibe safety consciousness and consideration to other road users, as you travel to celebrate the festivities with your loved ones.”

The event attracted representatives of National Union of Road Transport Workers’ (NURTW), ABC Transport Company, the police, army, NSCDC and among others.
http://leadership.ng/news/476575/frsc-most-disciplined-para-military-organization-in-nigeria-deputy-gov

Guys, I can only nod my head in agreement...

2 Likes

Re: FRSC, Most Disciplined Para-military Organization In Nigeria’ –C/R Dept. Gov. by ORACLE1975(m): 6:10am On Nov 21, 2015
Hmmmm true talk because they no get gun

1 Like

Re: FRSC, Most Disciplined Para-military Organization In Nigeria’ –C/R Dept. Gov. by MansaMoussa: 6:21am On Nov 21, 2015
So true.....thats the power of exemplary leadership..a dunce has never headed d frsc

1 Like

Re: FRSC, Most Disciplined Para-military Organization In Nigeria’ –C/R Dept. Gov. by menix(m): 6:37am On Nov 21, 2015
Seriously He is very right...
I respect those guys, they hardly take bribe from offenders..

Thou as someone earlier said 'Probably they will change once they re armed'

1 Like

Re: FRSC, Most Disciplined Para-military Organization In Nigeria’ –C/R Dept. Gov. by ChappyChase: 6:38am On Nov 21, 2015
ORACLE1975:
Hmmmm true talk because they no get gun
That's why they are paramilitary..

1 Like

Re: FRSC, Most Disciplined Para-military Organization In Nigeria’ –C/R Dept. Gov. by psucc(m): 6:38am On Nov 21, 2015
That's only because their bribe is higher that that of other uniform orgs. Thus others are petty.
Re: FRSC, Most Disciplined Para-military Organization In Nigeria’ –C/R Dept. Gov. by ChappyChase: 6:42am On Nov 21, 2015
menix:
Seriously He is very right...
I respect those guys, they hardly take bribe from offenders..

Thou as someone earlier said 'Probably they will change once they re armed'
Am not even talking about the bribe matter, you need to see how clean those guys look. Their khaki always starched and ironed, ever looking smart! Shamefully, same cannot be said concerning their fellow paramilitary colleagues, EG. The Police!

1 Like

Re: FRSC, Most Disciplined Para-military Organization In Nigeria’ –C/R Dept. Gov. by fjjc(m): 7:26am On Nov 21, 2015
Civil Defence are still the best para military in Nigeria quote me.
Re: FRSC, Most Disciplined Para-military Organization In Nigeria’ –C/R Dept. Gov. by favouredseed(f): 8:55am On Nov 21, 2015
Much respect for FRSC, that remain the best
Re: FRSC, Most Disciplined Para-military Organization In Nigeria’ –C/R Dept. Gov. by bettercreature(m): 9:10am On Nov 21, 2015
Its true anyway

(1) (Reply)

Dead Bodies Of Victims Of Shiites And Nigerian Soldiers Clash (photos) / Rivers Governorship: APC, PDP Back In The Trenches / BREAKING: Fresh Explosions Kill Many In Maiduguri Mosque - Premiumtimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.