Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators (30111 Views)

John Nnia Nwodo Bows To Obi Of Onitsha As He Arrives Chatham House (Photos) / Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Anambra Election Boycott, Insists Election Must Hold / Militants Back Pro-biafra Agitators, Give FG June 3 Ultimatum: PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by mike404(m): 9:01pm On Nov 21, 2015
Speaking IN AN INTERVIEW SHORTLY AFTER HIS INAUGURATION AS THE CHANCELLOR OF AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY , ZARIA I TRUST MY ONTISHA BRETHREN. DEM GO TREAT HIM PHUCK UP

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by porshuch: 9:02pm On Nov 21, 2015
Balkan:
No well known Igbo man will come open to support Biafra, just like Buhari will not come open to support Boko Haram. But the job is getting done
keep deceiving yourself, you will CONTINUE to shout IPOB until aji AMU gi eputebe awoo (grey hair on your pubic).

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Idrismusty97(m): 9:02pm On Nov 21, 2015
Pained IPOB youths be like....
yang:
We are republicans

Believe any saboteur at your own peril

Biafra is here
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1836641_jere_jpeg4bd759bbded4f8a4018ae12dfbd5248d

4 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Ihemba: 9:03pm On Nov 21, 2015
Walelavender:
Wisdom demands they toe the path of honour. Agitation being daily discarded by the major stakeholders is a cause to ruminate upon. If their leaders are refusing to be identified with this 'struggle', just like a smoke, it will fizzle out.

This isn't a dictatorship, the people choose the leaders and their destiny, not the otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by sochima1989(m): 9:04pm On Nov 21, 2015
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah oh boy........u don see riot before.....nzuzu dey worry your belle.......na me go use banger fire your yansh this season.... when the kid tells the mom lets fight the lion for chasing daddy today the mom will say.......go give thanksgiving... infact u be bigger mumu to uche kalu
Evaromantik:
I know this is the time nigerian media publish all hodwash as long as it opposes Biafra...........you want to discourage the youths by begging everybody to speak against or condemn our agitation but i tell you that...........those people you see today opposing this agitation will use their personal money to purchase weapons it war commence today

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by simplycarro: 9:04pm On Nov 21, 2015
ichidodo:
Biafra is a socio-political movement that has gone beyond the realm of igbo tradition, myth and legend... why do you suppose most non igbos whose ancestral lands are east of the Niger identify with the cause?? Rubbish,for political expediency and strategic military alliance we prefer the word of Paul Biya or Omar Bongo or any one with close ties on this issue than selfish, money grubbing traditional rulers....
You write a lot of meaningless rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 21, 2015
Good one Igwe
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by nwonufestus(m): 9:05pm On Nov 21, 2015
i can see dat buhari government has bribed you to come and say rubbish

igwe my foot
buhari my left yash

IPOB in GOD we trust

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 21, 2015
Don't get it twisted. I am not against freedom of expression and i am not tribalistic.But i pity any educated and civilized easterner that supports this movement. First of all, look at those who took to the streets to protest- touts and miscreants. That was how they blocked and caused unnecessary traffic and disrupted normal business activities in some parts of asaba that time. Are these the kind of people you want as neighbors? I will only start taking them seriously if they protest against their own corrupt governors,stop moving to other states and build theirs.

4 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by dejix3761: 9:05pm On Nov 21, 2015
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by sochima1989(m): 9:05pm On Nov 21, 2015
chai.....nzuzu 101
Fearlessjoe:
Just a matter of time all of this people condemning will beg
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by weezyk(m): 9:06pm On Nov 21, 2015
Kyase:
The paramount ruler and Obi of Onitsha in Anambra State, Igwe Alfred Achebe, has condemned the widespread protests by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), who are calling for the separation ofthe entire south-east regionfrom Nigeria.The condemnation came on the heels of agitations and protests for Biafra nation across parts of the country, especially as the protesters clamoured for the release of the Director of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, who had been in detention since October.Speaking in an interview shortly after his inauguration as the Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, IgweAchebe told the protesters to shelve the idea of secession from the rest of Nigeria.He said that such agitation would only amount to violating the constitution ofthe country and the principles of democracy.The traditional ruler reminded the pro Biafra agitators of the inherent dangers involved in their action, emphasising that Nigeria remained a united and indivisible country irrespective of the numerous challenges.He urged them to channel all their grievances to their elected representatives in the National Assembly for consideration, rather than embarking on violent protests that could result into breakdown of law and order in the region.- TodayNG

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/obi-of-onitsha-condemns-pro-biafra-agitators.145036/

The Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.... what do u expect him to say...

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Ihemba: 9:06pm On Nov 21, 2015
ogmaskman:

For your info the igwe is well read and very accomplished. He was a management staff of spdc befor he became an igwe.
The same constitution that guarantee freedom of expression and association also made sure your right to this freedom is carried out in such a manner that it does not affect the other man.
has the protest affected others that do not share their views? The answer is yes. Has the protest recorded violent conducts? The answer is yes. Truth is freedom is not as free as it sounds. we have to be careful when we use the word freedom in this context.

Who has the protests affected and what violent conducts were there?
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by mike404(m): 9:06pm On Nov 21, 2015
tomakint:
Before n ko, do they want a Paramount Ruler as his HRH Achebe to approve of it......the fact remains that every right thinking Igbo believe in the Biafran dream and silently nurture and cherishes this dream. Biafra, whether we like it or not as come to stay and not even 1,000 Buharis can erase that idea cool
DID YOU READY THIS PART?

Speaking in an interview shortly
after his inauguration as the Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello
University, Zaria

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by aminaadamu(f): 9:07pm On Nov 21, 2015
The Igbos do not have kings. His opinion does not matter.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by DIVINE78: 9:07pm On Nov 21, 2015
hakeem4:
These people are really confused oooo
Ibos follow money and power. The king has just being made a chancellor and don't be surprised if he personally shoot IPOB miscreants trying to our sand for him garri.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by IlekeHD: 9:08pm On Nov 21, 2015
Obi of Onitsha or Oba of Onitsha

lmao.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by backtosender: 9:08pm On Nov 21, 2015
Is all political talk
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by mandax: 9:08pm On Nov 21, 2015
Mtchew......After being brought in as Pro-Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Obi Of Onitsha started to sing. He condemned agitation for restoration of Biafra. How much relief did Igwe Achebe provide for Igbos sent packing from north by Boko,?
It is now turn of the Igbos to be paid huge sums of bribe money to support one Nigeria for the benefit of Arewa.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by MichealEmeritus: 9:08pm On Nov 21, 2015
Igwe You are correct

Daalu Igwe

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by sochima1989(m): 9:11pm On Nov 21, 2015
i tot you want war.......so why asking for evidence of violence........when u deter other road users and market people from their daily business its spelt violence
Ihemba:

Who has the protests affected and what violent conducts were there?

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 21, 2015
yang:
We are republicans

Believe any saboteur at your own peril

Biafra is here

Well said. One thing I noticed about the Igbos in particular is they don't respect their traditional ruler; maybe a better way to put it is they don't regard them in the manner that hausa and yoruba regard theirs. Only in Igboland that an ordinary man can stand in front of Igwe and tell him to shut up if what he is saying is not making sense. The culture of republicanism and individuality is the beauty of Igbo. Even as I read many colonial books, Igboland was the last place in today's Nigeria that fell to white colonial masters in a 12yr old war. The whites realized it was difficult to control their society as they don't obey their leaders...rather assemble, discuss and agree as a society before any decision is taken. This is why Igbo meeting is held in every where you find Igbos...they must gather to discuss, punder and come to an agreement not one idiot ditching out a decree because he is a Sultan, Oba or Emir.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by TeamSimple(m): 9:11pm On Nov 21, 2015
Obi of onitcha is a yoruba man grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 21, 2015
nwonufestus:
i can see dat buhari government has bribed you to come and say rubbish

igwe my foot
buhari my left yash

IPOB in GOD we trust

kontinu..... when u see bombs dropping in ur village, nor be ur eye u go take shout one nigeria. there is no odeshi for bomb

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Jaymaestro(m): 9:12pm On Nov 21, 2015
Lol

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by sukkot: 9:12pm On Nov 21, 2015
tomakint:
Before n ko, do they want a Paramount Ruler as his HRH Achebe to approve of it......the fact remains that every right thinking Igbo believes in the Biafran dream and silently nurture and cherishes this dream. Biafra, whether we like it or not has come to stay and not even 1,000 Buharis can erase that idea cool
nigga shut your ass up man

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 21, 2015
cool of course he would be against biafra.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by MichealEmeritus: 9:13pm On Nov 21, 2015
My Igwe is the best

My Igwe is right

Chineke bless my Igwe

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by mandax: 9:13pm On Nov 21, 2015
Duru1:

Per the bolded, I hope this Igwe of a guy is not intellectually handicapped. In fact, the constitution guarantees the freedom of expression. In addition, agitation for self-determination is a vassal of democracy which Nigerian constitution upholds.

Yeah, intellectually handicapped person as Pro- Chancellor of a university. The constitution he is protecting is the one supervised by northern military dictators. The same constitution which Nigerians, including the Prof. Ben Nwabuezes, have been yearning for change, but Arewa which is favoured by the constitution refuses by using Arewa's undue large number of political representation in the polity to spurn any attempts to amend the constitution .

Intellectually incapacitated people in positions to modify people's opinions - that is this Igwe.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by sochima1989(m): 9:14pm On Nov 21, 2015
you see your problem is as serious as that of a mental hobo.....you care only about your tribe and dont give a dem about the kids, youths and parents the nation is losing to the violence........nzuzu meh gi
mandax:
Mtchew......After being brought in as Pro-Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Obi Of Onitsha started to sing. He condemned agitation for restoration of Biafra. How much relief did Igwe Achebe provide for Igbos sent packing from north by Boko,?
It is now turn of the Igbos to be paid huge sums of bribe money to support one Nigeria for the benefit of Arewa.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by MichealEmeritus: 9:14pm On Nov 21, 2015
new2020:

Well said. One thing I noticed about the Igbos in particular is they don't respect their traditional ruler; maybe a better way to put it is they don't regard them in the manner that hausa and yoruba regard theirs. Only in Igboland that an ordinary man can stand in front of Igwe and tell him to shut up if what he is saying is not making sense. The culture of republicanism and individuality is the beauty of Igbo. Even as I read many colonial books, Igboland was the last place in today's Nigeria that fell to white colonial masters in a 12yr old war. The whites realized it was difficult to control their society as they don't obey their leaders...rather assemble, discuss and agree as a society before any decision is taken.

That is a lie.

No one can tell the Obi of Onitcha to shut up in his presence

All hell will let loose

cc: Chino

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by IGBOSON1: 9:14pm On Nov 21, 2015
igboboy3:
[size=13pt] This is always the problem of the Igbo race. Many of our leaders are sell-outs, each only after his own pocket. You will never see the the Ooni of Ife, Olubadan of Ibadan or Alaafin of Oyo condemn the activities of the Oodua Peoples Congress as long as the activities remain peaceful.
The Sultan of Sokoto has never reprimanded the Arewa Forum, even in their occasional maniacal ranting.
A member of the Boko Haram was seen in the house of Sen. Ali Ndume. What happened to the case? Nothing
Today, Rochas Okorocha is grovelling for the favour of Northerners at the expense of his own people.

IPOB doesn't want war. Only weapon manufacturers ever want war.. All we want is a fair chance at self-expression and progress

I weep for my brothers cry cry
[/size]

^^^Precisely!

None of these so called leaders have felt it necessary to demand the release of Nnamdi Kanu on the bail he's been granted! They ignore the illegality and malfeasance the 'owners of Nigeria' are brazenly committing to talk rubbish about a group of people who are only asking for justice!

They're wallowing in self-hate!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Senate Mace Snatched By Invaders / Carpenter Undergoes Surgery To Remove Tumor Of 20 Years On His Back. Photos / Senate Crisis: APC Govs Divided Over Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.