Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,594 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators (30093 Views)

John Nnia Nwodo Bows To Obi Of Onitsha As He Arrives Chatham House (Photos) / Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Anambra Election Boycott, Insists Election Must Hold / Militants Back Pro-biafra Agitators, Give FG June 3 Ultimatum: PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Kyase(m): 8:32pm On Nov 21, 2015
The paramount ruler and Obi of Onitsha in Anambra State, Igwe Alfred Achebe, has condemned the widespread protests by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), who are calling for the separation ofthe entire south-east regionfrom Nigeria.The condemnation came on the heels of agitations and protests for Biafra nation across parts of the country, especially as the protesters clamoured for the release of the Director of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, who had been in detention since October.Speaking in an interview shortly after his inauguration as the Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, IgweAchebe told the protesters to shelve the idea of secession from the rest of Nigeria.He said that such agitation would only amount to violating the constitution ofthe country and the principles of democracy.The traditional ruler reminded the pro Biafra agitators of the inherent dangers involved in their action, emphasising that Nigeria remained a united and indivisible country irrespective of the numerous challenges.He urged them to channel all their grievances to their elected representatives in the National Assembly for consideration, rather than embarking on violent protests that could result into breakdown of law and order in the region.- TodayNG

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/obi-of-onitsha-condemns-pro-biafra-agitators.145036/

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by INTROVERT(f): 8:33pm On Nov 21, 2015
like his northern collegues; he supports them secretly and opposes them publicly..

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by baralatie(m): 8:34pm On Nov 21, 2015
cool
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2015
I no believe

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by rhymaster: 8:37pm On Nov 21, 2015
ibos don't have kings or respect their elders anyway. This ibo igwe is a mere civil servant and will be insulted by his fellow ibos soon. Watchout!

184 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Duru1(m): 8:41pm On Nov 21, 2015
Kyase:
The paramount ruler and Obi of Onitsha in Anambra State, Igwe Alfred Achebe, has condemned the widespread protests by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), who are calling for the separation ofthe entire south-east regionfrom Nigeria.The condemnation came on the heels of agitations and protests for Biafra nation across parts of the country, especially as the protesters clamoured for the release of the Director of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, who had been in detention since October.Speaking in an interview shortly after his inauguration as the Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, IgweAchebe told the protesters to shelve the idea of secession from the rest of Nigeria. He said that such agitation would only amount to violating the constitution ofthe country and the principles of democracy. The traditional ruler reminded the pro Biafra agitators of the inherent dangers involved in their action, emphasising that Nigeria remained a united and indivisible country irrespective of the numerous challenges.He urged them to channel all their grievances to their elected representatives in the National Assembly for consideration, rather than embarking on violent protests that could result into breakdown of law and order in the region.- TodayNG

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/obi-of-onitsha-condemns-pro-biafra-agitators.145036/

Per the bolded, I hope this Igwe of a guy is not intellectually handicapped. In fact, the constitution guarantees the freedom of expression. In addition, agitation for self-determination is a vassal of democracy which Nigerian constitution upholds.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by hakeem4(m): 8:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
These people are really confused oooo

7 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by damton(m): 8:43pm On Nov 21, 2015
The words of the elders shall never be displaced

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by entertainnaija: 8:43pm On Nov 21, 2015
Ok
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by akwana: 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
Ibo thread. Waste of data. Am outta here.

63 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by frankwells(f): 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
Is this an ENDTIME for the IPOB members to go and face their bussiness,when there first class Oba is against who will b for them then,nt an Igbo man but I believe if they wants to leave,they r entitled to that peacefully,meanwhile let me hear what Chinedu and Ebuka my biafra brothers as to say

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by johnshagb(m): 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
Their leaders washing off their hand from the so called agitation. As per the advice, let them continue....

Aja to ba fe sonu, koni gbo fere ode

35 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
Tell the Obi of Onitcha to sit on his head and wait for me in my house!

-CramJones

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by ihatebuhari(f): 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
Ok
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by yang(m): 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
We are republicans

Believe any saboteur at your own peril

Biafra is here

Modified: The Obi is an Old man, in 20 years whose ideology do you think will rule in Biafra Land

The civil war genocide/ saboteur mentality of Old Biafra men of today who will be 80 years old or the Spirit of IPOB Youth who will be in their mid 30s or 40s

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by SlimBrawnie(f): 8:45pm On Nov 21, 2015
Biafra, Bokoharam, OK o

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 21, 2015
Nonsense. The only thing I condemn is the violence and protest that has been attributed to IPOB. A group of people can decide if they want to be together in a country or not. If Britain agreed for Scotland to have a referendum on independence why should it be denied people in the south east if that's what they want. Give them referendum and if they vote to go it's goodbye Nigeria. I grew up in the North and I saw the hatred Hausas have for Igbos coming on nairaland showed how much hatred some yourubas have for Igbos. If this much hatred exists then it's folly to want to share a country.
I can understand a Ghanian's hatred for a Nigerian, at least they don't share a country but hating on a fellow Nigerian because of tribe is confounding.

126 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by philips70(m): 8:46pm On Nov 21, 2015
The wise ones who saw the war and faced the consequences are speaking peace while these kids who know next to nothing are on the streets spoiling for war. Only because a fraudster who should rot in jail is deceiving them.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by onosprince(m): 8:46pm On Nov 21, 2015
Did he just called them barbaric fools

7 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by ichidodo: 8:46pm On Nov 21, 2015
Biafra is a socio-political movement that has gone beyond the realm of igbo tradition, myth and legend... why do you suppose most non igbos whose ancestral lands are east of the Niger identify with the cause?? Rubbish,for political expediency and strategic military alliance we prefer the word of Paul Biya or Omar Bongo or any one with close ties on this issue than selfish, money grubbing traditional rulers....

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by tobtap: 8:46pm On Nov 21, 2015
cool ...only he-goats follow nnamdi kanu,who is a well known fraudster

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by tiamiyukunle69(m): 8:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
Now that the Obi has also condemned the protests. Na who remain
I really don't care though

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by tomakint: 8:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
Before n ko, do they want a Paramount Ruler as his HRH Achebe to approve of it......the fact remains that every right thinking Igbo believes in the Biafran dream and silently nurture and cherishes this dream. Biafra, whether we like it or not has come to stay and not even 1,000 Buharis can erase that idea cool

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by hardywaltz(m): 8:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
This is why I love the Igbo tribe we don't take or accept nonsense.

During the Niger Delta militancy, the elders kept quiet coz they were the ones pulling the strings.

Northern elders initially kept quiet till Boko Haram issue got out of hand.

But trust us we don't keep quiet and allow miscreants to speak for the entire tribe.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Funjosh(m): 8:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
Words of an Elder lipsrsealed

Please check my signature please sad

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by IGBOSON1: 8:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:
I no believe

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Did he really say all that!? shocked
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by igboboy3(m): 8:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
[size=13pt] This is always the problem of the Igbo race. Many of our leaders are sell-outs, each only after his own pocket. You will never see the the Ooni of Ife, Olubadan of Ibadan or Alaafin of Oyo condemn the activities of the Oodua Peoples Congress as long as the activities remain peaceful.
The Sultan of Sokoto has never reprimanded the Arewa Forum, even in their occasional maniacal ranting.
A member of the Boko Haram was seen in the house of Sen. Ali Ndume. What happened to the case? Nothing
Today, Rochas Okorocha is grovelling for the favour of Northerners at the expense of his own people.

IPOB doesn't want war. Only weapon manufacturers ever want war.. All we want is a fair chance at self-expression and progress

I weep for my brothers cry cry
[/size]

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by luvmijeje(f): 8:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
A wise king.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 21, 2015
SOMEONE SHOULD PLEASE TELL ME WEN EL'CLASSICO WOULD BE PLAYED?

WAT I CALL WATCHED TONIGHT IS NOT EL'CLASSICO. THIS NA BARCLASSICO

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by damocool(m): 8:48pm On Nov 21, 2015
Ironically! Who is deceiving who.... End time pretence....

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Tomtoxic: 8:48pm On Nov 21, 2015
lolz even the obi is separating him self from the Jewish flaat heads let's wait 4 massob the sobbing sobers to give him ultimatum to retract his words

5 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by dramenda(f): 8:48pm On Nov 21, 2015
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wike Under Fire For Obstructing Judge’s Arrest / 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns / Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.