Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop (2156 Views)

President Buhari's Picture With Archbishop Of Canterbury: Nigerians React / Buhari Receives Archbishop Of Canterbury In London (Photos) / Buhari Meets Justin Welby, Archbishop Of Canterbury In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by kikesblog(m): 11:53pm On Nov 22, 2015
The Archbishop of Canterbury has said the terror attacks in Paris caused him to “doubt” the presence of God – but warned against a potentially damaging instant reaction.
Justin Welby said he reacted with “profound sadness” at the events and was left asking where God was in the French victims’ time of need.

He told BBC Songs Of Praise: “Yes. Saturday morning – I was out and as I was walking I was praying and saying: ‘God why – why is this happening? Where are you in all this?’ and then engaging and talking to God. Yes, I doubt.”

When asked what his reaction to the attacks was, he said: “Like everyone else – first shock and horror and then a profound sadness – and in my family’s case, that is added to because my wife and I lived in Paris for five years.

“It was one of the happiest places we have lived and to think of a place of such celebration of life seeing such suffering is utterly heart-breaking.”
A bombing campaign against Islamic State was launched after the events, but the Archbishop warned against a potentially damaging instant reaction, reports Sky News.

“Two injustices do not make justice. If we start randomly killing those who have not done wrong, that is not going to provide solutions. So governments have to be the means of justice.
“The Bible tells us that they are put there by God with the sword for justice, but they also have to lead us into a place where peace can be established.”

The Archbishop said the way Islamic State terrorists had distorted their faith to the extent they believe they are glorifying their God is “one of the most desperate aspects of our world today”.

“Religion is so powerful in the way humans behave that it has always been a tool used by the wicked to twist people into doing what they want them to do.

“But just because someone believes something deeply wrong does not mean that they are right in some way because they put God in it.”
Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 23, 2015
Damn
Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by IPOB123london: 12:11am On Nov 23, 2015
u see when we tell these people in that useless country lipsrsealed to stop seeing white man god as god

they think this is a joke

and when hausa-fulani blew up malada church to kill a lot of igbo i guess God existed then

anyway we are going to Biafra

this goes out to those shouting jesus at 4 o clock in the morning near your window and the ones in buses in the high way

ototu oma

good morning

2 Likes

Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by StOla: 12:22am On Nov 23, 2015
Evil has always ruled the world while good cowers in fear.

Many only believe in God because they are aware of evil and hope that they might be lucky enough to be protected against it.

If evil is from the devil, we all have no doubts as to the existence of the devil as no effort is spared to reveal its destruction.
If good is from God, then like the Archbishop, the whole world awaits the day good will arise from obscurity and finally take charge of a forsaken world.

2 Likes

Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by kikesblog(m): 5:12am On Nov 23, 2015
StOla:
Evil has always ruled the world while good cowers in fear.

Many only believe in God because they are aware of evil and hope that they might be lucky enough to be protected against it.

If evil is from the devil, we all have no doubts as to the existence of the devil as no effort is spared to reveal its destruction.
If good is from God, then like the Archbishop, the whole world awaits the day good will arise from obscurity and finally take charge of a forsaken world.

Pooo
Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by 6pax: 5:50am On Nov 23, 2015
is he talking about sky daddy?
Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by PassingShot(m): 6:00am On Nov 23, 2015
Why did the previous worse occurrences such as hurricane Kathrina, Tsunami, numerous bomb blasts, USA's murdering of innocent souls across the world, terroist attacks in Kenya two years ago, etc, not make him doubt God's existence?

3 Likes

Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by Aufbauh(m): 6:24am On Nov 23, 2015
The Archbishop of Canterbury has said the terror attacks in Paris caused him to “doubt” the presence of God

Only the fainted heart should contemplate such a thought.

2 Likes

Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by tosin2013: 6:29am On Nov 23, 2015
PassingShot:
Why did the previous worse occurrences such as hurricane Kathrina, Tsunami, numerous bomb blasts, USA's murdering of innocent souls across the world, terroist attacks in Kenya two years ago, etc, not make him doubt God's existence?

Dont mind them! Stewpid hypocrites!

The most annoying part is all these maybe falseflag operations just like 9/11.

2 Likes

Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by phlemzy: 6:33am On Nov 23, 2015
He didn't doubt God's existence when other parts of the world were hit. Is it that the people of Paris are the most religious in the world?

2 Likes

Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by rassan: 6:37am On Nov 23, 2015
There is GOD and he's mighty, great, fearful and glorious. He's the rewarder of those that deligently serve him. I am a living testimony. Thank you Jesus christ because you are so glorious to me and my family. All terrorist attacks that are happening everywhere are the signs of the end time. And its has been written in the holy bible about all theses signs of end time

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by Sealeddeal(m): 6:40am On Nov 23, 2015
Aufbauh:

Only the fainted heart should contemplate such a thought.
there is no doubt to the existence of supernatural events but a particular God that knows and does everything has never and will never exist. The paris attack is not what made archbishop to have that doubt. He must have been thinking about it for long but used paris attack to say it out. When you believe,you will not doubt the existence of God but when you think, doubting of God is very easy.

1 Like

Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by Sealeddeal(m): 6:45am On Nov 23, 2015
rassan:
There is GOD and he's mighty, great, fearful and glorious. He's the rewarder of those that deligently serve him. I am a living testimony. Thank you Jesus christ because you are so glorious to me and my family. All terrorist attacks that are happening everywhere are the signs of the end time. And its has been written in the holy bible about all theses signs of end time
Nothing like end time. This kind of war is not even up to the Thirty Years of war that took place in Europe. In fact, from the days of religion, the world has known no peace.
Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by Standing5(m): 6:49am On Nov 23, 2015
Man = imperfect God = perfect
Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by yomalex(m): 6:56am On Nov 23, 2015
He obviously doesn't know what he believes
Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by Arsenalholic(m): 7:08am On Nov 23, 2015
The terrible happenings in the world today, were all predicted thousands of years ago...
Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by Funbox3: 7:11am On Nov 23, 2015
God exist

Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by mjconcept(m): 7:19am On Nov 23, 2015
rassan:
The world has always been like this.Technology made it possible to know what is happening in other part of the world that's why it seems evil is much now compared to ancient times.
Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 23, 2015
Archbishop of hellburry
Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by elopee3000(m): 7:30am On Nov 23, 2015
tosin2013:

Dont mind them! Stewpid hypocrites!

The most annoying part is all these maybe falseflag operations just like 9/11.
Yoruba boy even if boko haram invade Lagos and kill ur people ok kill oba lagos u will still say na fake na amarica send dem

1 Like

Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by tosin2013: 7:41am On Nov 23, 2015
Tribalistic Indomie brain! Get off me this monday morning.

elopee3000:
Yoruba boy even if boko haram invade Lagos and kill ur people ok kill oba lagos u will still say na fake na amarica send dem

1 Like

Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by cupidhero(m): 8:02am On Nov 23, 2015
The horrors of Biafra made the late Steve Jobs lose his faith, it's nothing new.
Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by PLANETMARS(m): 8:36am On Nov 23, 2015
God created us all with free will if u chose to kill that's ur choice dnt expect someone to say where is God when u killed.
Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by RealPhoenix(m): 8:58am On Nov 23, 2015
IPOB123london:

u see when we tell these people in that useless country lipsrsealed to stop seeing white man god as god

they think this is a joke

and when hausa-fulani blew up malada church to kill a lot of igbo i guess God existed then

anyway we are going to Biafra

this goes out to those shouting jesus at 4 o clock in the morning near your window and the ones in buses in the high way

ototu oma

good morning

you are a phool for claiming iboes were the ones killed in madala. every forces that is stopping the actualisation of Biafra is broken by heavenly thunder. go and live in your Lesotho. idiat
Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by Sealeddeal(m): 9:13am On Nov 23, 2015
PLANETMARS:
God created us all with free will if u chose to kill that's ur choice dnt expect someone to say where is God when u killed.
with the presence of law,order,and indoctrination,no man has free will. It seems you do not know what is free will.
Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by PLANETMARS(m): 9:19am On Nov 23, 2015
Sealeddeal:
with the presence of law,order,and indoctrination,no man has free will. It seems you do not know what is free will.
mr man u r d one who doesn't know. That there is a law not to kill doesn't mean u can't decide to kill,in life for everyaction there is an equal and opposite reaction. U have a free will u bear what ever consequence that arise
Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by Admiral49(m): 9:35am On Nov 23, 2015
Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by localblood(m): 9:35am On Nov 23, 2015
Religion is a scam. Beware Nler's[b]
Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by elopee3000(m): 12:53pm On Nov 23, 2015
tosin2013:
Tribalistic Indomie brain! Get off me this monday morning.

I hope ur whole family will be in a place boko haram will attack one so later u can tell us that Israel send them instead of u to condemn evil been committed by Muslim ur here telling us how france planned for its citizens to be killed muslim
Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 23, 2015
ArchBishop of Canterbury?

Forget about that man. Why won't he doubt when he, after reading the Bible went ahead to ordain homo-sexuals as priests in the anglican communion.

Why won't he doubt? Afterall the concert that was on during the shooting was titled, 'KISS THE DEVIL'. Which song were the audience dancing to? It was kiss the devil.
Re: Paris Attacks Made Me Doubt If God Existed, Says Archbishop by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 23, 2015
2pac once sang, go ahead and scream God he cant hear u tongue

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Most Charming Traffic Warden Josephine Okeme Receives Christmas Gift / Three Jailed For Insulting Congo President; How Many Will Be Jailed In Nigeria / Nigeria To Receive Another $750m (n150 bn) From Abacha’s Loot; N2bn From Ibori’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.