Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) (66781 Views)

Nigerian Awake Someone Somewhere Is Monitoring Your Calls. Photo Proof / Why You Should Use Only The Left Ear To Answer Phone Calls / We Always Say HELLO When Answering Phone Why? See Reason. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by Exponental(m): 6:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
I disagree.
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by arabaribiti(m): 6:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
What are we going to believe now
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
hooged:
[s]No. This is a popular hoax on internet.

Mabel Hubbard was Bell's girlfriend who he later marries on 1877. The telephone was patented in 1876.

Graham Bell actually never used the term "hello" . The first call he made was to his assistant who was in the adjoining room and he said "Come-here. I want to see you."

The word "Hello" actually came from hola which meant to stop and pay attention. Alexander Bell preferred to use Ähoy"as in the ships those days which co-incidentally was misheard by Edison.

In 1877, Edison wrote to T.B.A. David, the president of the Central District and Printing Telegraph Company of Pittsburgh:
Friend David, I do not think we shall need a call bell as Hello! can be heard 10 to 20 feet away.
What you think? Edison - P.S. first cost of sender & receiver to manufacture is only $7.00.[/s]

Kill joy... tongue
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by 190theclown: 6:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
end time hello?
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by timmycris(m): 6:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
This wanna make start listening to adele hello ooo
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by madridguy(m): 6:27pm On Nov 23, 2015
WONDERFUL.....LOVE IS SWEET.
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:27pm On Nov 23, 2015
hooged:
No. This is a popular hoax on internet.

Mabel Hubbard was Bell's girlfriend who he later marries on 1877. The telephone was patented in 1876.

Graham Bell actually never used the term "hello" . The first call he made was to his assistant who was in the adjoining room and he said "Come-here. I want to see you."

The word "Hello" actually came from hola which meant to stop and pay attention. Alexander Bell preferred to use Ähoy"as in the ships those days which co-incidentally was misheard by Edison.

In 1877, Edison wrote to T.B.A. David, the president of the Central District and Printing Telegraph Company of Pittsburgh:
Friend David, I do not think we shall need a call bell as Hello! can be heard 10 to 20 feet away.
What you think? Edison - P.S. first cost of sender & receiver to manufacture is only $7.00.

Thanks man.

My bullshit-o-meter was already off the charts.
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 23, 2015
End time ideology
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by Aristotle96(m): 6:27pm On Nov 23, 2015
End time fact grin
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by xynerise: 6:27pm On Nov 23, 2015
Lol
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by Dekatron(m): 6:28pm On Nov 23, 2015
Hoax!!

Na lie

@Hooged :- Thanks bruhh

1 Like

Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by miqos02(m): 6:28pm On Nov 23, 2015
hmmm
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by cynhamscakes(f): 6:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
Op, copy and paste. Sadly you are wronggggggggggg.
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by justi4jesu(f): 6:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
Let me ask "Adele" cheesy
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by tellwisdom: 6:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
Oyinbo with lies...How can you invent a phone and start shouting your wife's name on it. More like screaming ndideka! ndideka! doesnt make sense to me. sad

NB:The name ndideka is just an example oo undecided
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by bettercreature(m): 6:30pm On Nov 23, 2015
Below is what i found on google and wikipedia wrote the same

2 Likes

Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by Jeloma: 6:30pm On Nov 23, 2015
na so undecided
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2015
Complete utter lie

1 Like

Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by damiloladuke: 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2015
some people could as well cook that up, though can be real
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by Jeloma: 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2015
now this is the real reason
mods been posting fake stories on fp today undecided
bettercreature:
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by ugowinn(m): 6:34pm On Nov 23, 2015
The wife's name was Mabel Gardiner Hubbard not some hello. Get facts

Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by asumo12: 6:34pm On Nov 23, 2015
Correct!

I dey wonder which kind MOD send this end time lie to FP!

hooged:

What you think? Edison - P.S. first cost of sender & receiver to manufacture is only $7.00.
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by AgboN1: 6:34pm On Nov 23, 2015

Here are some interesting sources you may refer.

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/03/0...

https://answers.yahoo.com/questi...
Written 16 Oct 2014
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by bettercreature(m): 6:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
Jeloma:
now this is the real reason
mods been posting fake stories on fp today undecided
Something they suppose to move to joke session
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by slap1(m): 6:36pm On Nov 23, 2015
I don't really believe this.
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by tranxo(m): 6:39pm On Nov 23, 2015
allanphash7:
Pix

A white lie.

Bell had no girlfriend not to talk of one named Hello.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Graham_Bell
Read the Wikipedia entry on Bell here

Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by Idrismusty97(m): 6:41pm On Nov 23, 2015
This as since be proven to be an hoax, Don't just believe anything you see on the internet.

1 Like

Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 23, 2015
Na 'Yhello' I dey say no be 'hello' tongue
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by Etizz: 6:46pm On Nov 23, 2015
Cooked up story
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by deebsman1(m): 6:46pm On Nov 23, 2015
Lie, lie, lies from d pit of hell
Re: Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) by ceecee0703(m): 6:47pm On Nov 23, 2015
No. This is a popular hoax on internet. Mabel Hubbard was Bell's girlfriend who he later marries on 1877. The telephone was patented in 1876. Graham Bell actually never used the term "hello" . The first call he made was to his assistant who was in the adjoining room and he said "Come- here. I want to see you." The word "Hello" actually came from hola which meant to stop and pay attention. Alexander Bell preferred to use Ähoy"as in the ships those days which co-incidentally was misheard by Edison.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria Has Added 3 New Network Prefixes To Its Preexisting 10 / Droid VPN: Your Questions / How To Use Airtel 2GB And 6GB 2g Network Data On 3G Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.