Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. (38781 Views)

I Have Been Offered Two Jobs And I Don't Know Which One To Choose. Please Help / I Got Two Jobs Offers Through Nairalabd / Undecided Over Two Jobs Offers!!! Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by slimgold123(f): 9:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
Eeyaaah! Sorry, grab new online part'time job that will bring you N50k-N250k per month below
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by dahaz(m): 9:20pm On Nov 23, 2015
sashafm do not despair.Better opportunities shall come your way.one day the tears you roll today shall be that of joy tomorrow
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by aycorporat(m): 9:22pm On Nov 23, 2015
Sasha I send you my hugs from here
Just learn from the experience as God almighty will see you through for a better job
II shall put your request in my daily prayers
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Analysiscorner: 9:22pm On Nov 23, 2015
It's well. Having learnt your lesson, believe God for more and even better opportunities.
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by sassiemyk: 9:23pm On Nov 23, 2015
yhu saw it as a mistake but i see it as a challenge below yhu. truly that job was beliw yhu, yhu didnt f up, yhu simply stated yhur mind. yhu simply turned down a small dream for yhur big dreams to come to pass. yhu turned a golf down for a range rover to be possible. keep on keepin on...

1 Like

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Sashafm(f): 9:23pm On Nov 23, 2015
aycorporat:
Sasha I send you my hugs from here
Just learn from the experience as God almighty will see you through for a better job
II shall put your request in my daily prayers
Thanks alot.
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by macaranta(m): 9:32pm On Nov 23, 2015
At least you got up and tried,just work more in your composure.
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by TheSpellChecker: 9:38pm On Nov 23, 2015
Sashafm:
One of my greatest selling point had always been the fact that I am very outspoken. Well that advantage turned into a great disadvantage for me today sad. I have always heard about people saying how they kept on saying rubbish at interviews and they new it but could not stop themselves, that was exactly what happened to me today.

Today I woke up very optimistic, I had an interview in V.I, that was number one and another job consideration, number two. In which, conversations had already begun on it.
I got to the venue of my first interview very early and I was person the first person to be interviewed. After the interview I got a call to come back for another testing to decide who will get the job. I was already congratulating myself,only for me to shoot myself in the leg sad sad as my brain was coordinated but my words refused to follow suit when asked what I thought of the job.

Alas , my mouth started spewing out jargon about how not tasking enough the job was, shuuuu shocked shocked for someone that has been sitting down at home for over a month after service. I tried to rephrase my words but Iro o, the deed had already been done. After listening to my self and seeing the expression of the interviewer, I new even I wouldn't employ myself. I was devastated at how, so close to the job I was and how I lost it to over-zealousness.
Not long after that I was dismissed while, the other girl girl stayed behind. That was when I realized the gravity of what my mouth had done, I already passed all the test to the best of my ability but why would you tell an interviewer that the work is not mentally challenging enough!!! who does that

Now the second one was supposed to be easy, as the owner of the business has already called me and I thought we were on track only for me to return back b from the island and receive a message about how someone else closer to the office has been found and even had an experience in customer service. Alas that was the Last straw, I received the message and I WEPT.

Well, sorry about that but I won't employ you too because not only do you spew jargon; you also write jargon. embarassed

1 Like

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Otsealu1(f): 9:40pm On Nov 23, 2015
Sometimes things happen that way. God has you my dear. Do not loose hope. With prayers, a better one will surface. It has happened to me before.
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 23, 2015
sorry... learn from your mistake.
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by lakeside30: 9:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
TheSpellChecker:

Well, sorry about that but I won't employ you too because not only do you spew jargon; you also write jargon. embarassed

Chai,chai,chai
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Sashafm(f): 9:43pm On Nov 23, 2015
TheSpellChecker:

Well after crying my eyes out, an oversight is forgive-able.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by odiphri: 9:43pm On Nov 23, 2015
Na waoo. Anyway take heart.
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by henrimoto(m): 9:45pm On Nov 23, 2015
Sashafm:

Hmmmmm, in this Land of limited opportunities called Nigeria embarassed
limited what??!! your eyes will be opened to the vast opportunities in the land by the time you start to go out more often.
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by boyesky(m): 9:46pm On Nov 23, 2015
sashafm... Dont give up!.. thats the word. i have found myself in that situation before so i know how it feels.
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2015
No big deal. Several other opportunities still abound. Just learn from your mistake & move on.
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by gotousa2013: 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2015
shit happens . Next time try not to be in a hurry to answer questions posed by the interviewer.
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by FixedRoots: 9:49pm On Nov 23, 2015
hey dear sashafm. Permit me to call you 'dear'. It's my lil' way of offering you comfort after your experience today.

I had to read your post 3 times. Your ''I WEPT'' words really touched me.

I'll try to express all that's going through my mind now- what I think you should learn from this.

My favourite quote from Richard Templar's book, The Rules of Life, is: ''NO FEAR, NO SURPRISE, NO HESITATION, NO DOUBT''. I summarize it in one sentence: Let nothing SHOCK you!
I applied this to your interview experience. I think you were so shocked to hear yourself goof and you froze...in battle. That was the real error!

You shouldn't have dumped your strenght. Your outspoken nature. You should have kept on talking. I know you think you were powerless to put things right, but you lost that power to the SHOCK. You should have kept on talking. Remember, NO FEAR, NO SURPRISE, NO HESITATION, NO DOUBT.You could easily have talked your way out of that 'situation'. You lost not because of your error, but because you failed to use your strenght to correct your error.

Never abandon your strenght. Keep your head up and keep standing tall. You'll be fine *pats you on the back*

1 Like

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by preciousMI1(f): 9:52pm On Nov 23, 2015
menix:
Chaii....
Uwa Mmebi applicant..
lemme interpret....
End time applicant

1 Like

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by vascey(m): 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2015
You have done the most important thing- identifying your error and learning from it. Perhaps it was not an error; perhaps you were stating the obvious.

I served with a bank. They conducted test for all the corpers. I came out tops. At the interview, I told them I couldn't be an operations staff as it wasn't beneficial to me. I was a teller during service. I told them I preferred to be a marketer. Whatever spirit ministered that to me, I cast and bind it; yet I thank it. I lost the job. Few months later, I got one of the big 4 accounting firms.

So persevere, your job is on the way.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Akan(m): 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2015
It is difficult to tame that unruly beast known as the tongue.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by linearity: 9:56pm On Nov 23, 2015
Your grammar must have been a (or the) contributing factor....you didn't lost any job, because you never had any to begin with...

Change your topic to..."How I didn't get two jobs...." Or "How I squandered two job opportunities"

1 Like

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by oglalasioux(m): 9:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
You keep typing 'new'. Did you mean 'knew'. If you are a graduate please correct that
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Sashafm(f): 10:02pm On Nov 23, 2015
oglalasioux:
You keep typing 'new'. Did you mean 'knew'. If you are a graduate please correct that
can't correct a post that has made front page. It got there so fast I couldn't even proof read.
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by ghostmist: 10:03pm On Nov 23, 2015
sassiemyk:
yhu saw it as a mistake but i see it as a challenge below yhu. truly that job was beliw yhu, yhu didnt f up, yhu simply stated yhur mind. yhu simply turned down a small dream for yhur big dreams to come to pass. yhu turned a golf down for a range rover to be possible. keep on keepin on...
yhu and you = 3 letter word... angry
angry
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 23, 2015
Serves you right for reaping what you've sown while growing up.No courtsy,no manners.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by dyn1800: 10:05pm On Nov 23, 2015
@shashafm guess what your outspokenness will bring those guys back to beg you in future..... I see a great leader's features in you..... You're better off speaking your mind than pretending to be fine with em....never give up
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 23, 2015
I think sey I get bad mouth,guy yours is worst.
linearity:
Your grammar must have been a (or the) contributing factor....you didn't lost any job, because you never had any to begin with...

Change your topic to..."How I didn't get two jobs...." Or "How I squandered two job opportunities"
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by 3rdlegxxx(m): 10:09pm On Nov 23, 2015
shot yourself in the leg...
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by macjireh: 10:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
JOB JOB JOB JOB JOB JOB JOB EVERY WHERE. HOW MUCH DEM WAN PAY UNA SEF. 60K PER MONTH. SMALL MONEY.

I CAN MAKE DAT IN A DAY FROM MY FOOTBALL BETTINGS........ .

#TEAMSPORTSBETTING
Re: How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. by Sashafm(f): 10:13pm On Nov 23, 2015
linearity:

I guess,it is very easy to write a post. Hope you can see your own mistake.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Is Beard Not Allowed In Military But Moustache Is Allowed? / Gtbank Aptitude Test On Friday 9th Of Nov 2012 / Lazy Jobless Guys Complaining About The Government,you Need To See This(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.