Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,468 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration (10974 Views)

Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix / The Photoshop That Fooled 170 Million Nigerians / First Igbo Appointee In Pmb's Administration? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by MizMyColi(f): 9:04pm On Nov 23, 2015
The Nigerian Bureau of Statistics, NBS, says more than 1.4m Nigerians have been rendered unemployed since President Muhammadu Buhari assumed office about six months ago.

According to the Bureau in its third quarter report on unemployment and underemployment, it was revealed that unemployment in the country rose by more than 1.4m between June 1 to September 30.

The report said, “In Q3 2015, the labour force population, that is those within the working age population willing, able and actively looking for work, increased to 75.9 million from 74.0 million in Q2 2015, representing an increase in the labour force by 2.60%,”

“This means 1,929,800 economically active persons within 15‐64 entered the labour force i.e. were able and willing and actively looking for work between July 1 and September 30 2015.

“Within the same period, the number of unemployed in the labour force, increased by 1,454,620 (529,923 in Q2) persons between Q2 2015 and Q3 2015 resulting in an increase in the unemployment rate to 9.9% in Q3 2015 from 8.2% in Q2 2015 from 7.5% in Q1 2015.”

The report noted that this rise is the fourth consecutive rise in the unemployment rate since Q3 2014, with the number of unemployed Nigerians rising to 7.5m.

NBS further revealed that in Q3 2015, about 427,000 new online jobs were created which were unable to meet the over 1.9m new entrants into the labour market.

During the quarter under review, the rate of underemployed, those working but doing largely menial work or jobs not commensurate with their qualifications or not fully engaged and merely working for few hours, however witness a decrease by 365,593.

Underemployment rate fell to 17.4 percent in Q3 2015(13.2m) from 18.3 percent (13.5m) in Q2 2015, from 16.6 percent (12.2m) in Q1 2015. More females are unemployed in Nigeria According to the International Labour Organisation (ILO), 201 million people globally are unemployed, with Nigeria being responsible for 4 percent of that global demographic.

The highest unemployment rate in the world is recorded in Djibouti (54%), Congo(46%), Bosnia and Herzegovinian(43%), Haiti (40%) and Kosovo(35%). The lowest are found in Qatar (0.2%), Cambodia (0.3%), Belarus (0.5%), Thailand (0.8%), Benin (1.0%), Laos (1.40%) and Guinea Bissau (1.80%).

With unemployment rate of 9.9 percent in Q3 2015, Nigeria has better rating when compared with 67 countries. Nigeria is, however, worse than 113 countries, including 21 African countries that have their rates lower than 9.9 percent.

Source

Source

Source

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/pages/download/334

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by Omenkata: 9:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
grin omenka oooooooooo your nemesis don land gidigba grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by captainflash(m): 9:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
JerrryAsemota:

Useless thread
Whenever you see Mizmycoli and Francizy in the same place, just know it is a festival of idiotas
grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin

shocked
shocked
shocked
shocked

Issokay...am feeling ur punch bro..... endtime mayweather..

2 Likes

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by Mogidi: 9:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
Wow!
Buhari about to break his 1984 record of mass unemployment.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by ionsman: 9:12pm On Nov 23, 2015
Thought it was up to five million.

Question for my fellow progressives.

Since Buhari took over as president, have you seen any wailer post any positive topic about this administration?

When you have an obligation of celebrating any bad news and keep mute when positive news circulate, I defo have to see such person as an enemy of progress.

*In Obj's voice*, I dey laugh. ... grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by GJames(m): 9:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
Goodnews to the wailers.

1 Like

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by modath(f): 9:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
Mizmycoli

Madam, put your source in bold... Don't hide it nah..

Nevermind, I've helped you...

If there is something you are adept at, you are a whiz at sniffing out bad news..

Even if it is a fabrication of your favourite propaganda spot.. keep it up, it's a nice trait... cool

http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/flash-1-4-million-nigerians-lost-their-jobs-in-6-months-of-buharis-administration/ ...

Breakingtimes!!!, Don't forget to post TRENT as well!! Issokay. smiley

9 Likes

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by judiciarypalava: 9:18pm On Nov 23, 2015
God forbid, but the bitter truth, more will soon loose by December ending.

Buhari lead us not into REVOLUTION

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by ArodeTsolaye: 9:20pm On Nov 23, 2015
The dullard don finish zoogeria...anyway.... grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by mazeltov(m): 9:20pm On Nov 23, 2015
Olodo, she said between June 1 to september 30 - which quater is that?
Economically active persons between age 15-64 entered labor force between July 1 - september 30 ?

you need to go and learn how to lie and manipulate figures

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by MizMyColi(f): 9:23pm On Nov 23, 2015
modath:

Mizmycoli

Madam, put your source in bold... Don't hide it nah..

Nevermind, I've helped you...

If there is something you are adept at, you are a whiz at sniffing out bad news..

Even if it is a fabrication of your favourite propaganda spot.. keep it up, it's a nice trait... cool

http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/flash-1-4-million-nigerians-lost-their-jobs-in-6-months-of-buharis-administration/ ...

Breakingtimes!!! Issokay. smiley

I don't get what you are driving at.

*modified* I have added more sources.

Okay now that you have done the inconsequential, how does it change the facts up there?

Did Breaking Times generate those figures?
Please face issues.
Thanks.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by EternalTruths: 9:24pm On Nov 23, 2015
Buhari is a curse voted in by Northern Slaves down South. cheesy

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by Retributionn: 9:24pm On Nov 23, 2015
Apart from the fact that this report is from a dubious source, the analysis is highly skewed

They failed to factor issues such as the worsening oil prices into consideration and structural adjustments being undertaken by the government
in terms of fighting corruption.

Secondly, what people face to realise is that this is actually an indictment on the former government of GEJ. Economic events that occur in a particular quarter or economic period are as a result of prior policy direction.

In economic terms, the effects of the Buhari administration policies can only be scrutinized after-at least Q4 OF 2015 - Q1 OF 2016.

13 Likes

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by Warbegins1: 9:25pm On Nov 23, 2015
Breakingtimes.com

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Why not PDP blog.com or HopeforNigeria or better still Shadow government website if they have one

Jokers

grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by ticking: 9:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
Buhari is a saint - South West

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by modath(f): 9:34pm On Nov 23, 2015
MizMyColi:

I don't get what you are driving at.

*modified* I have added more sources.

Okay now that you have done the inconsequential, how does it change the facts up there?

Did Breaking Times generate those figures?
Please face issues.
Thanks.

NBS has a site, kindly post a link from their site... thx.

*Modified*

Check the screenshot of the PDF i downloaded from their site, make an effort to read & comprehend before going to town..

The decline started from 2014, wonder who was at the helm of affairs then.. lipsrsealed

& IF YOU MAKE AN EFFORT TO READ, YOU'LL SEE THE NOS OF NEW ENTRANTS INTO THE JOB MARKET..

I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT MDAs are recruiting in the city i am...

12 Likes

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by captainflash(m): 9:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
Philistine:
Mizmycoli or whatever u call urself. When will u stop tarnishing the buhari administration. Ugly looking biafran bit-ch.
Wicked grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by Viktor1983(m): 9:38pm On Nov 23, 2015
MizMyColi did the nigerian bureau of statistics add thousands of traders that are idle and experiencing "Go-Slow at the moment?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by MizMyColi(f): 9:39pm On Nov 23, 2015
modath:

NBS has a site, kindly post a link from their site... thx.

I have posted two more sources.

I hope you told passingshot to post from NBS website too?
gringrin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by sauceEEP(m): 9:40pm On Nov 23, 2015
Rubbish, seems the the op wanna take over from barcanista as the chief wailer.

9 Likes

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by modath(f): 9:43pm On Nov 23, 2015
MizMyColi:

I have posted two more sources.

I hope you told passingshot to post from NBS website too?
gringrin

Meaning ?
Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by MizMyColi(f): 9:43pm On Nov 23, 2015
Viktor1983:
MizMyColi did the nigerian bureau of statistics add thousands of traders that are idle and experiencing "Go-Slow at the moment?

I posted according to what I saw on an online newspaper.
There are two more sources in the OP.

Kindly direct your enquiries to them.
Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by MizMyColi(f): 9:45pm On Nov 23, 2015

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by francizy(m): 9:46pm On Nov 23, 2015
It's official, Buhari has broken his 1983-1984 (eighteen months record) within just 6 months!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Comparing numbers, this record is a whooping over 18 times greater than the one he set in 1984!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Buhari ohhhhhhhhhh!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Modified..

Dear Seun/Lalasticlala,

Please come in and see for yourselves. I dont understand why you allow nitwits to destroy threads on here. Imagine this same fool that I raised alarm after he was posting pictures of me and mizmycoli, you people still left the monikers without banning them. If this madness is fun to some people, it's not fun to all. Your ability to bring back sanity to this website will go a long way, but it will never be archived when you fold your arms and allow a senseless and God forsaken tout pillage/ decimate on your efforts.

9 Likes

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by Viktor1983(m): 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2015
MizMyColi:

I posted according to what I saw on an online newspaper.
There are two more sources in the OP.

I direct you enquiries to them.
Thanks.

I've found the source its in PDF, not a large file ,about 500kb

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/pages/download/334

cc Lalasticlala
Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by Warbegins1: 9:50pm On Nov 23, 2015
Philistine:
i think u should be more concerned about ur ugliness than all the trash u are posting about the new govt.

let us be civil

It is not her fault that she looks the way she does.

5 Likes

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by daveyjay(m): 9:51pm On Nov 23, 2015
Buhari, lead us nt into condemnation...CHANJI

4 Likes

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by Ecoplexus: 9:55pm On Nov 23, 2015
Zombies be like

9 Likes

Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by Ofodirinwa: 9:56pm On Nov 23, 2015
n
Re: FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration by Philistine(m): 9:58pm On Nov 23, 2015
Warbegins1:

let us be civil

It is not her fault that she looks the way she does.
is it Buhari's fault that 1.4m Nigerians became jobless during the said period. Why can't she direct her complaints to the former administration that mismanaged nigeria's resources.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top Memorable Quotes Of Robert Mugabe / Aregbesola To Receive Best Governor Of The Year Award / Kiss Daniel Fans Accused Him Of Killing His Father - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.