Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,362 members, 7,954,474 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:53 PM

How A Woman Can Learn To Read Between The Lines Of What A Man Says - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How A Woman Can Learn To Read Between The Lines Of What A Man Says (1331 Views)

Nigerians On Twitter Share Some Of The Lines Menuse To Deceive Naive Ladies(lol) / "I Slept With This Lady, She Demanded For N200k But I Gave Her N20k" - Man Says / Five Things A Woman Can Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Woman Can Learn To Read Between The Lines Of What A Man Says by ladyvan88(f): 10:02pm On Nov 23, 2015
To successfully read between  the lines of what a man says
1. Do not attach emotions to a man's word. This means do not be emotionally carried away with a man's talk
2. Always listen to a man's eyes more than his mouth!
3. What names his closest family and  friends call you is a primary pointer to what he really takes u for
4. Always do your best to access his "sure" level in all situations especially when he's advised. How often he dances to your tune or other peoples tunes makes you his level of "sure"
5. Also how often a man changes his mind makes you read between  the line. Any man that easily changes his mind or is easily convinced can easily switch affection to other things or persons  and is often unstable at heart. Note my use of the word persons instead of woman because he can decide one day that he's actually gay. Lol grin

It takes a strong man ALL of his willpower to change his mind NOT other people's willpower
Re: How A Woman Can Learn To Read Between The Lines Of What A Man Says by tunnyl(m): 10:04pm On Nov 23, 2015
Number 5 is hillarious cheesy

1 Like

Re: How A Woman Can Learn To Read Between The Lines Of What A Man Says by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 23, 2015
Noted
Re: How A Woman Can Learn To Read Between The Lines Of What A Man Says by obiorathesubtle: 11:16pm On Nov 23, 2015
undecided I had no idea what op was saying, even after reading that post 3 times.
Women have a secret language!
Re: How A Woman Can Learn To Read Between The Lines Of What A Man Says by ladyvan88(f): 10:54am On Nov 25, 2015
obiorathesubtle:
undecided I had no idea what op was saying, even after reading that post 3 times.

Women have a secret language!

Women don't have a secret language. It's probably just different but it's easily learnt. Ask and ye shall receive.
Re: How A Woman Can Learn To Read Between The Lines Of What A Man Says by obiorathesubtle: 11:41am On Nov 25, 2015
cheesy
ladyvan88:

Women don't have a secret language. It's probably just different but it's easily learnt. Ask and ye shall receive.
cheesy alright, I hereby request to be tutored in the supposed explicit language of women as ye have given thy humble student opportunity to ask and be given.
Re: How A Woman Can Learn To Read Between The Lines Of What A Man Says by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
I like this!
Re: How A Woman Can Learn To Read Between The Lines Of What A Man Says by ladyvan88(f): 5:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
obiorathesubtle:
cheesy cheesy alright, I hereby request to be tutored in the supposed explicit language of women as ye have given thy humble student opportunity to ask and be given.

The language of the woman

These are ten elements of the language that women use, as identified by Robin Lakoff in 1975. Of course, not all women use all of this language all of the time, and some may question the whole.

1. Hedging
Hedging provides a way out, should disagreement occur, qualifying statements with non-absolute language, such as 'sort of', 'I guess', etc.

Well, I sort of looked at him, and then he kind of looked back. Then I guess I kept looking.

2. Politeness
Politeness is taken to more extreme forms, either putting the speaker in an inferior position or seeking to be thoughtful and non-threatening towards the other person.

Do excuse me, but I would really appreciate it if if you could take a little time to help me.

3. Tag questions
Tag questions added to the end of a statement do not change the statement, although they do seek agreement.

You would do that, wouldn't you?

4. Emotional emphasis
The emotional content of sentences are increased through the use of intonation that emphasizes and exaggerates emotional.

You are so very kind. I really want you to know I am so grateful.

5. Empty adjectives
Adjectives are applied to soften and add friendly elements to the sentence, although they are do not add any particularly meaningful content.

What a charming and sweet young man you are!

6. Correct grammar and pronunciation
Care is taken to be correct with language and speech. Colloquialisms and slang are used far less than men.

I would be very appreciative if you could show me the way.

7. Lack of humor
Humor is not used very much and jokes are very seldom told.

8. Direct quotations
The words that people said are often quoted, even quoting people who quote other people.

Then she said that he said, "I won't do it." So I said, "Why not?"

9. Extended vocabulary
Rather than simple language, vocabulary is extended to use descriptive language. Thus, for example a precise language is used to describe colors.

The walls should be cerise, with a royal blue tracer.

10. Declarations with interrogative intonation
Statements are made, but using the intonation used for questions, rising at the end of the statement.

That sounds like a good thing to do?

Lakoff, R. (1975). Language and woman's place. New York: Harper & Row

Now I hope you have learned something new about women.
Re: How A Woman Can Learn To Read Between The Lines Of What A Man Says by obiorathesubtle: 6:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
ladyvan88:

The language of the woman

These are ten elements of the language that women use, as identified by Robin Lakoff in 1975. Of course, not all women use all of this language all of the time, and some may question the whole.

1. Hedging
Hedging provides a way out, should disagreement occur, qualifying statements with non-absolute language, such as 'sort of', 'I guess', etc.

Well, I sort of looked at him, and then he kind of looked back. Then I guess I kept looking.

2. Politeness
Politeness is taken to more extreme forms, either putting the speaker in an inferior position or seeking to be thoughtful and non-threatening towards the other person.

Do excuse me, but I would really appreciate it if if you could take a little time to help me.

3. Tag questions
Tag questions added to the end of a statement do not change the statement, although they do seek agreement.

You would do that, wouldn't you?

4. Emotional emphasis
The emotional content of sentences are increased through the use of intonation that emphasizes and exaggerates emotional.

You are so very kind. I really want you to know I am so grateful.

5. Empty adjectives
Adjectives are applied to soften and add friendly elements to the sentence, although they are do not add any particularly meaningful content.

What a charming and sweet young man you are!

6. Correct grammar and pronunciation
Care is taken to be correct with language and speech. Colloquialisms and slang are used far less than men.

I would be very appreciative if you could show me the way.

7. Lack of humor
Humor is not used very much and jokes are very seldom told.

8. Direct quotations
The words that people said are often quoted, even quoting people who quote other people.

Then she said that he said, "I won't do it." So I said, "Why not?"

9. Extended vocabulary
Rather than simple language, vocabulary is extended to use descriptive language. Thus, for example a precise language is used to describe colors.

The walls should be cerise, with a royal blue tracer.

10. Declarations with interrogative intonation
Statements are made, but using the intonation used for questions, rising at the end of the statement.

That sounds like a good thing to do?

Lakoff, R. (1975). Language and woman's place. New York: Harper & Row

Now I hope you have learned something new about women.
yes, I have

Now I'm not really sure if I'm supposed to be happy I learnt this, I obviously now know a better way to handle women.

Or if I'm supposed to be angry at the fact that women can be unnecessarily annoying when they decide to be.

Thank you tho.
Re: How A Woman Can Learn To Read Between The Lines Of What A Man Says by ruggedtimi(m): 12:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
ladyvan88:
To successfully read between  the lines of what a man says
1. Do not attach emotions to a man's word. This means do not be emotionally carried away with a man's talk
2. Always listen to a man's eyes more than his mouth!
3. What names his closest family and  friends call you is a primary pointer to what he really takes u for
4. Always do your best to access his "sure" level in all situations especially when he's advised. How often he dances to your tune or other peoples tunes makes you his level of "sure"
5. Also how often a man changes his mind makes you read between  the line. Any man that easily changes his mind or is easily convinced can easily switch affection to other things or persons  and is often unstable at heart. Note my use of the word persons instead of woman because he can decide one day that he's actually gay. Lol grin

It takes a strong man ALL of his willpower to change his mind NOT other people's willpower
u wntd to contctd me via email??

(1) (Reply)

Romantic Joke — But A Food For Thought. / Join This Association Now!!! / Alex Tochukwu Ogbu. The New Gigolo In Town, Women Beware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.