Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,083 members, 7,825,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous (2853 Views)

Hold Buhari Responsible If Naira Depreciates Against Dollars – Reno Omokri / MDAs Incurred N241.95bn On Trips, Welfare, FG Blasts Them / List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by exlinkleads(f): 3:21am On Nov 24, 2015
The Naira on Monday fell freely at the parallel market, as scarcity of dollars paralysed activities.

It lost N3 to exchange at N241 to the dollar on Monday afternoon, after it traded for N238 to the dollar on Friday. The official inter-bank rate remained at N197 to the dollar. Traders at the market said that the scarcity of dollars had crippled activities at the market.

They said the situation was worrisome and urged the apex bank to ensure that more dollars were sold to meet the increasing demand of the currency. Also speaking, an operator of Bureau de Change (BDC), Harrison Owoh, noted that the CBN sold forex to BDCs only once last week. - See more at: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/11/naira-in-free-fall-as-dollars-scarcity.html#sthash.sPZt0PiD.dpuf

cc lalasticlala

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by kasysleek(m): 3:24am On Nov 24, 2015
Na wa o
Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by chocolateme(f): 3:27am On Nov 24, 2015
That is the wind of CHANGE still blowing everywhere

11 Likes

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by LilSmith55(m): 3:33am On Nov 24, 2015
End Time Falling Dollar (ETFD)$$$$

3 Likes

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by mikolo80: 3:52am On Nov 24, 2015
exlinkleads:
The Naira on Monday fell freely at the parallel market, as scarcity of dollars paralysed activities.

It lost N3 to exchange at N241 to the dollar on Monday afternoon, after it traded for N238 to the dollar on Friday. The official inter-bank rate remained at N197 to the dollar. Traders at the market said that the scarcity of dollars had crippled activities at the market.

They said the situation was worrisome and urged the apex bank to ensure that more dollars were sold to meet the increasing demand of the currency. Also speaking, an operator of Bureau de Change (BDC), Harrison Owoh, noted that the CBN sold forex to BDCs only once last week. - See more at: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/11/naira-in-free-fall-as-dollars-scarcity.html#sthash.sPZt0PiD.dpuf

cc lalasticlala
bank or black market

1 Like

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by Nobody: 4:40am On Nov 24, 2015
Wao good news for people like me. More naira in d account.

1 Like

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by opiaoku: 4:47am On Nov 24, 2015
seawoman:
Wao good news for people like me. More naira in d account.
more valueless naira in the account

8 Likes

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by Habakus: 4:56am On Nov 24, 2015
Buhari has failed in all his promises made to Nigerians. I call on him now to resign honorably before he further plunges this country irredeemably.

11 Likes

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by Nobody: 4:59am On Nov 24, 2015
You never see anything

2 Likes

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by IAMTHEHERO: 5:03am On Nov 24, 2015
Zombies, please help us tell the op that it is not OUTRAGEOUS!! Zombies, Nigeria greatest enemies!!!

1 Like

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by obiak4(m): 5:03am On Nov 24, 2015
It still gonna fall more when sai baba borrow again from world ank and imf
change indeed
Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by Nobody: 5:04am On Nov 24, 2015
opiaoku:

more valueless naira in the account

Well maybe for you it is but as for me I know when to spend the naira so I can appreciate it. It will not be of the same value as of now in the next four months.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by Nobody: 5:19am On Nov 24, 2015
Coming back to you by email
Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by Nobody: 5:19am On Nov 24, 2015
OK.

Imagine those their salaries is 18k..it means your salary is $74 dollars a month? A bottle of water cost $1.2 in the USA, debonair pizza costs $21 and the cheapest transport cost 10dollars (train). Lol..their nigerian monthly salary is an american's daily spending money.. cry now they'll reduce the minimum wage.

Just imagine

10 Likes

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by Nobody: 5:24am On Nov 24, 2015
seawoman:

Well maybe for you it is but as for me I know when to spend the naira so I can appreciate it. It will not be of the same value as of now in the next four months.
this is no time to make jokes. We have a serious problem at hand?

What nonsense do you mean by "when to spend"?

We're talking of daily expenditure not spending the money a boy gave you on makeup and hair extensions bought from ebay.

FYI: December is next week, prices of commodities tend to increase in such periods. With fuel selling @ #200 imagine the price hike on commodities, even on your precious hair extensions
Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by abouzaid: 5:31am On Nov 24, 2015
don't expect this thread to make it to the front-page but if it's tonto dike shows cleavage, it would hit front-page from the original post.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by abouzaid: 5:35am On Nov 24, 2015
liberty300:

We're talking of daily expenditure not spending the money a boy gave you on makeup and hair extensions bought from ebay.

FYI: December is next week, prices of commodities tend to increase in such periods. With fuel selling @ #200 imagine the price hike on commodities, even on your precious hair extensions
she's right, those living abroad can get more naira for their dollars by changing it now before and spending it immediately before the high dollar price becomes high goods prices in the markets. in times of inflation, traders, debtors and diaspora people gain, it's basic economics.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by Nobody: 5:38am On Nov 24, 2015
liberty300:

FYI: December is next week, prices of
seawoman post=40341502:

Omo see me see this dude o!
can't you reason properly? Must you insult? Besides you don't even have idea d location I am not to spend naira? Which makes u unable to think that most ladies work for their money.
If you are paid in dollars by your company you won't be reasoning this way. Abi you think say abi you wey dey go carry dollar for hand for aboki to change?
seawoman:

can't you reason properly? Must you insult? Besides you don't even have idea d location [quote author=seawoman post=40341502]
can't you reason properly? Must you insult? Besides you don't even have idea d location I am not to spend naira? Which makes u unable to think that most ladies work for their money.
If you are paid in dollars by your company you won't be reasoning this way. Abi you think say abi you wey dey go carry dollar for hand for aboki to change?
I am not to spend naira? Which makes u unable to think that most ladies work for their money.
commodities tend to increase in such periods. With fuel selling @ #200 imagine the price hike on commodities, even on your precious hair extensions [/quote]

If you are paid in dollars by your company you won't be reasoning this way. Abi you think say abi you wey dey go carry dollar for hand for i to change?

1 Like

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by Yujin(m): 5:39am On Nov 24, 2015
liberty300:
OK.

Imagine those their salaries is 18k..it means your salary is $74 dollars a month? A bottle of water cost $1.2 in the USA, debonair pizza costs $21 and the cheapest transport cost 10dollars (train). Lol..their nigerian monthly salary is an american's daily spending money.. cry now they'll reduce the minimum wage.

Just imagine
Lol. This is happening in the so called giant of Africa. They fail to see that most of them are just slaves eating crumbs like rejected dogs. Where in any progressive country is $80 the basic salary of her government workers? Tufia! I'll rather fight to get a better deal for my offsprings as this Nigeria can never give them anything to be proud of.

5 Likes

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by palladin: 5:49am On Nov 24, 2015
Oh boy.
Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by truelover56: 6:00am On Nov 24, 2015
December is next week

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by tolustx(m): 6:06am On Nov 24, 2015
241 shocked
Omo, no more online shopping be dat o. Till further notice.
Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by 989900: 6:18am On Nov 24, 2015
Baba how far na?

A good number of Nigerians voted for you because the Naira was in free-fall under 'oga Jona', because you claimed to know how to arrest the fall and make it rise again.

Regardless of the determinant parameters, it was Jona's fault -- so it is your fault too.
#zerotoleranceforexcuses

1 Like

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by Blackfire(m): 6:26am On Nov 24, 2015
Is finally here.

. Uwa mmebi.... Opin aye.
Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by modath(f): 6:44am On Nov 24, 2015
Crude oil price has no choice but to rise for this quagmire to unravel .. 47$ per barrel in a mono economy with this kind of population is nothing but a recipe for disaster!!

There is serious USD scarcity cos CBN has refused to sell more than once a week to BDCs, though card transaction still 220 but the 1k limit can't help in anyway!!!

Something just must happen !!

Caveat------ I expect some crazies to spam my mentions as usual but ask yourself one question 1st --- what kind of long term investment + improvement in infrastructures did the country make in the 2010-2014 yrs that crude oil sold for 120+ a barrel!! cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by permsec: 6:45am On Nov 24, 2015
The effect of having a primary school teacher as a minister for Finance.

Just like giving a 5yrs old kid keys to a jet. I wonder how this festive season will look like.

#nofuelnolight

cc passingshot
donphilious
madridguy
Beremx

And other Sai Baba patriots. I wonder you guys are in ghost mode like Noob Saibot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by captainflash(m): 6:47am On Nov 24, 2015
Habakus:
Buhari has failed in all his promises made to Nigerians. I call on him now to resign honorably before he further plunges this country irredeemably.
I believed u to be one of them

team Biafra, always hating....smh
Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by Acidosis(m): 6:51am On Nov 24, 2015
Where is Adeosun, the grammatical economist?

At least Iweala is always bold enough to explain herself. What is happening in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by tos4u(m): 6:51am On Nov 24, 2015
We don enta ONE CHANCE na only God fit sav us

1 Like

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by madridguy(m): 6:57am On Nov 24, 2015
Why hating ? When the media talk about the positive response we're getting from TSA you people will be shouting GEJ our hero but now that PMB and his new team are trying to work things out you are here wailing. GEJ bastardize every sector before leaving for Otuoke and with time PMB will get it fixed. I can help you to Cotonou and when PMB his done I will call you back. I repeat, PMB one year will be far better than 16 wasted years under PDP.

permsec:
The effect of having a primary school teacher as a minister for Finance.

Just like giving a 5yrs old kid keys to a jet. I wonder how this festive season will look like.

#nofuelnolight

cc passingshot
donphilious
madridguy
Beremx

And other Sai Baba patriots. I wonder you guys are in ghost mode like Noob Saibot.

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by SeverusSnape(m): 7:00am On Nov 24, 2015
modath:
[s]Crude oil price has no choice but to rise for this quagmire to unravel .. 47$ per barrel in a mono economy with this kind of population is nothing but a recipe for disaster!!

There is serious USD scarcity cos CBN has refused to sell more than once a week to BDCs, though card transaction still 220 but the 1k limit can't help in anyway!!!

Something just must happen !!

Caveat------ I expect some crazies to spam my mentions as usual but ask yourself one question 1st --- what kind of long term investment + improvement in infrastructures did the country make in the 2010-2014 yrs that crude oil sold for 120+ a barrel!! cool[/s]

Oya blame Jonathan...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Fall Against Dollars: Sold At N241 Per Dollar - This Is Outrageous by CharleyCharley: 7:02am On Nov 24, 2015
Habakus:

Nope. He's doing just fine. He's right on track.

His actions would see this country burn.

& from the flames (like a phoenix),

Biafra will rise

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dasuki Lists Ex-governors, PDP Chiefs In $2b Deals - The Nation / Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power / 2015 APC Primary Election Tussle: Gov.tambuwal Losses At Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.