Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,314 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman (3671 Views)

I Want To Be Remembered For Having World’s Biggest Hips - American Woman / Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age / LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 24, 2015
I have seen a lot of people on Nairaland who are members of #TeamForeignGirls. .... it's a good thing and a good experience but trust me it's not so good as you think. .

Disclaimer: I'm not in anyway supporting Nigerian Ladies or Promoting them (wtf?) !You can marry or date an indian (still foreign) or Asian. I'm not supporting Nigerian Women.

1) Racism:- If you think racism is extinct you are making a big mistake. In the heart of Europe, Racism is so much that even if you are rich, you would regret approaching a European lady unless you are Caucasian.

2) Female Domination In Marriage: In my country, According to Law, women are the boss in the marriage. Not the man. You are the boss as a man according to your bible not the law. The woman can sue you for not giving her what she wants but you cannot sue her. She can sue you for cheating you can't sue her for cheating. Infact we, the males are still protesting for an amendment of that policy.

3) The Negro Vs Caucasian Offspring:- One of my distant cousins in Nigeria married an Australian(he is a Nairalander too). They are happy though but there is a problem. They have two kids. One is Negro (After him), One is Caucasian (After the mother)... The other one who is Caucasian is always bullying or intimidating the other who is Negro. The parents are cool but the kids ain't cool. So that is one thing you have to work to fix.

4) The Green Card Threat: When you marry a woman from the EU or America you get a free Citizenship based on Marriage. Of course no one wants to leave in Nigeria... who does? After flying to America or Eu and spending about 3 years with your wife and even gotten a job with your citizenship. . She begins to threaten you with a divorce. If things don't go her way, she threatens divorce. And once divorce is signed and stamped your citizenship is revoked dear. That's what many don't know. They think it's permanent. It only stands if the wife Dies. But divorce.... go back to your country. It all boils down to racism.

5) Poor Communication and Lifestyle: There is nothing like marrying from your home. How many women from these places marry Africans? The both of you have a different culture and lifestyle which can affect the home and children upbringing.

You can still give it a try though. It's fun and full of adventure but the downsides are not fun at all.

But if you still want an Australian Woman, come in Castle Rock in Sydney . So many beautiful ladies as long as you are rich!

But my final advice is to marry from your home. Sure there are crazy women but somewhere at a corner.. there are great women you can marry in your country.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by wordbank(m): 10:06am On Nov 24, 2015
Make mrcork come answer u

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 24, 2015
^^^^^^^ Waiting for him patiently

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by jascon1(m): 10:12am On Nov 24, 2015
Coming from a mixed race home, I find your write-up racist. Though, that is your own ideology. I have seen homegrown African women acting worse than foreign wives. Marriage is a mystery, you keep digging to find happiness. Accepting ur spouse for who she truly is makes a huge difference. Write-ups like this makes mixed nationals think suicidal. Point 5 is baseless, cos is fun having the privilege to share cultures and even learn many languages e.g I can speak 8 languages fluently (4foreign, 4indigenous). I feel home in almost every country I've visited even in some states in naija. The food, the fashion, the history etc. You Will learn a lot from marrying foreigners. Most Nigerian men are selfish and domineering and they have a problem with someone trying to tame that. Women in naija go through hell raising their kids. Many men cheat on their wives and feel is normal, but that's something most foreign women won't take from you. If you don't want to get married you got a choice. When we talk racism, let's also compare it with tribalism. Most people are denied jobs they are qualified to get just because of their tribes. Most landlords deny renting out their properties to many genuine clients on account of their tribes. We kill each other and even deport ourselves. We destroy lives of millions by embezzling money meant for all. No one sees these as evil? We deprive some communities development on account of bitterness. The Igbos hating the Yorubas and the Hausas and igbos hating each other. I've faced racism on many occasions, but nothing compared to the treatment I've faced in a place I call mine. Number 3 totally shows the core of racism in you.
There are millions of European ladies marrying Africans. Many more are fascinated by our cultures, but the stories they hear about us scare them. For those of them who have visited, they saw so much than scare. I've met nigerians abroad who swore never to have any dealing with a compatriot. They cannot all be wrong at the same time. Tell yourself the truth

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by kramfonos(m): 10:17am On Nov 24, 2015
Strahovski:
I have seen a lot of people on Nairaland who are members of #TeamForeignGirls. .... it's a good thing and a good experience but trust me it's not so good as you think. .

Of course no one wants to leave in Nigeria... who does?

You ruined your hitherto banal write-up with the obvious xenophobic inferiority complex.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 24, 2015
op is a member of #TeamForeignGirls.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by AfroKnight: 10:40am On Nov 24, 2015
I can't even imagine marrying a non-Nigerian. Naija babes any day. So many fine gals from Nigeria. Although, I think South African babes are cool too - the few I know.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 24, 2015
kramfonos:

You ruined your hitherto banal write-up with the obvious xenophobic inferiority complex.

Seriously? You should have read the whole thing first.

Lol
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 24, 2015
Op, You take pure water??undecided
You sure as hell deserve one..gringringrin.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 24, 2015
^^^^^^ I drink natural water (Rain)

It keeps the blood flowing
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by MrsChima(f): 12:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
jascon1:
Coming from a mixed race home, I find your write-up racist. Though, that is your own ideology. I have seen homegrown African women acting worse than foreign wives. Marriage is a mystery, you keep digging to find happiness. Accepting ur spouse for who she truly is makes a huge difference. Write-ups like this makes mixed nationals think suicidal. Point 5 is baseless, cos is fun having the privilege to share cultures and even learn many languages e.g I can speak 8 languages fluently (4foreign, 4indigenous). I feel home in almost every country I've visited even in some states in naija. The food, the fashion, the history etc. You Will learn a lot from marrying foreigners. Most Nigerian men are selfish and domineering and they have a problem with someone trying to tame that. Women in naija go through hell raising their kids. Many men cheat on their wives and feel is normal, but that's something most foreign women won't take from you. If you don't want to get married you got a choice. When we talk racism, let's also compare it with tribalism. Most people are denied jobs they are qualified to get just because of their tribes. Most landlords deny renting out their properties to many genuine clients on account of their tribes. We kill each other and even deport ourselves. We destroy lives of millions by embezzling money meant for all. No one sees these as evil? We deprive some communities development on account of bitterness. The Igbos hating the Yorubas and the Hausas and igbos hating each other. I've faced racism on many occasions, but nothing compared to the treatment I've faced in a place I call mine. Number 3 totally shows the core of racism in you.
There are millions of European ladies marrying Africans. Many more are fascinated by our cultures, but the stories they hear about us scare them. For those of them who have visited, they saw so much than scare. I've met nigerians abroad who swore never to have any dealing with a compatriot. They cannot all be wrong at the same time. Tell yourself the truth

And that's real. Keep it up boo.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
jascon1:

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by Rukkydelta(f): 8:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
mrcork
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by darkskingoddess(f): 9:02pm On Nov 25, 2015
By "foreign", do you mean non-Black women?! Because you will rarely experience many of these generalizations unless you are with a Caucasian.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by rapmike(m): 9:30pm On Nov 25, 2015
Strahovski:

Disclaimer: I'm not in anyway supporting Nigerian Ladies or Promoting them (wtf?) !You can marry or date an indian (still foreign) or Asian. I'm not supporting Nigerian Women.

1) Racism:- If you think racism is extinct you are making a big mistake. In the heart of Europe, Racism is so much that even if you are rich, you would regret approaching a European lady unless you are Caucasian.

2) Female Domination In Marriage: In my country, According to Law, women are the boss in the marriage. Not the man. You are the boss as a man according to your bible not the law. The woman can sue you for not giving her what she wants but you cannot sue her. She can sue you for cheating you can't sue her for cheating. Infact we, the males are still protesting for an amendment of that policy.

3) The Negro Vs Caucasian Offspring:- One of my distant cousins in Nigeria married an Australian(he is a Nairalander too). They are happy though but there is a problem. They have two kids. One is Negro (After him), One is Caucasian (After the mother)... The other one who is Caucasian is always bullying or intimidating the other who is Negro. The parents are cool but the kids ain't cool. So that is one thing you have to work to fix.

4) The Green Card Threat: When you marry a woman from the EU or America you get a free Citizenship based on Marriage. Of course no one wants to leave in Nigeria... who does? After flying to America or Eu and spending about 3 years with your wife and even gotten a job with your citizenship. . She begins to threaten you with a divorce. If things don't go her way, she threatens divorce. And once divorce is signed and stamped your citizenship is revoked dear. That's what many don't know. They think it's permanent. It only stands if the wife Dies. But divorce.... go back to your country. It all boils down to racism.

5) Poor Communication and Lifestyle: There is nothing like marrying from your home. How many women from these places marry Africans? The both of you have a different culture and lifestyle which can affect the home and children upbringing.

You can still give it a try though. It's fun and full of adventure but the downsides are not fun at all.

But if you still want an Australian Woman, come in Castle Rock in Sydney . So many beautiful ladies as long as you are rich!

But my final advice is to marry from your home. Sure there are crazy women but somewhere at a corner.. there are great women you can marry in your country.

See, Marriage is as strange an institution as magic. In the modern world( especially in Europe and America, but also in Africa) nobody wants to be cheated. To be frank with those criticising the OP, I have heard of cases when Foreign women use the laws of their countries to get rich by suing their husbands or filing for divorce. That for one is a reason why I will find it extremely hard to marry a foreign woman. Their laws makes it too easy for their women to unfairly acquire wealth.

That said, Nigerian men can be terrible and there are crazy Nigerian Women. Crazy Nigerian Women who use charms and the likes on their husbands and do whatever all in the name of insecurity makes one think of staying alone.

In conclusion, there are good and bad women, whether Foreign or Nigerian. We will just hope that we marry the good ones and raise our kids well.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by misspicy(f): 9:34pm On Nov 25, 2015
[b]The OP made legit points and there is nothing racist about his points,he is just educating those kids screaming team foreign girls like they have ever left the shores of Nigeria besides how many foreign girl will they meet in Nigeria if they don't travel outside all their lives.....I think does threads and raves are just their imaginations what they want but do not or cannot have tongue

how many Blacks can handle racism first hand yet this boys sit at the comfort of their house screaming team foreign girls

men have priviledges marrying a Nigerian woman,she takes your bullshit,accept your cheating ass,do that with a foreign girl,and you'd find yourself losing all your life savings,God help you if you have kids,you'd pay child support all your lives

Nigerian men wants a homely wife,one that cooks,wash clothes,take care of the kids,how many foreign girls will do all this,the husband will surely have to put an helping hand or worst split duties

ignorant set of boys undecided
[/b]

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by MRBrownJ: 10:51pm On Nov 25, 2015
@Strahovski
you are making it sound as if having a preference for different kinds of people is a problem here?!

NONSENSE!!!!!! yes there are "some" women/men all over the world who dont like to date outside of their races (and they have all the rights to do so) but it certainly is NOT the majority.get your facts right!
FACT#1 there is RACISM all over the world, even in bloody Nigeria!

stop writing BS online pls, it makes you look stoopid!!!! there is no country in the civilized world where such law exists, NONE!!!

99% of interracial couples around the world have MIXED children and it is VERY VERY rare for such couple to have either white or black kids. therefore what you wrote above is another BS generalization of something that mostly never happen.
FACT#2 the majority of mixed siblings get along fine, and if they dont, it certainly aint because of the color of their skin.

the problem here has nothing to do with RACISM, and all to do with DIVORCE and abiding by the immigration laws of each and every countries around the world. if the reason you are allowed to stay in such country is MARRIAGE, then why should you still have a right to stay in that said country if you divorce?!
the reason there are such laws in place is because MANY people (black and white) have abused the system and falsely got married in order to legally stay in the US.
FACT#3 if these laws were indeed racist, then is the law different for white people from other countries?! i suggest you open your mind before writing nonsense online... especially when you can actually get married to an African American in the US, and therefore "race" issue would be irrelevant .

these are your own personal views about marriage, and you are entitled to them, but pls dont try to make it a plausible intelligent mature reason as to why a black person shouldnt marry a white person. if 2 people love one another and want to spend the rest of their lives together, then NOTHING should stop them from doing just that... and certainly NOT something as flimsy as "race".
FACT#4 i suggest you educate yourself on TRIBALISM in Africa, since it is "supposedly" better with people of your own race/culture.

the downside with a white person will be the same as with a black person

the fact that you think that Oz women would only desire a black person, so long as he has money, is such a low self esteem statement. pls dont take your failures in finding a proper woman as a generalization. instead get your act together, act right, have some swag and have a positive mindset.
FACT#5 is it easier for a black man in 9ja to find a woman if he is broke?! abeg tell us all where you meet such women in 9ja, bwaaaaah!

so, there are "some" crazy women all over the world and we should use it to judge their WHOLE RACE as unworthy to us black men, but then we shouldnt do the same with black women?! cant you see how narrow minded you reason?!
FACT#6 people should marry where they find love, with whomever OR wherever that may be in this world.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by Miggs(m): 11:28pm On Nov 25, 2015
darkskingoddess:
By "foreign", do you mean non-Black women?! Because you will rarely experience many of these generalizations unless you are with a Caucasian.
i'm in love with your skintone.smooth,shiny and clear.its driving me gaga.original black velvet.licking my lips here
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by naijalodge(m): 11:32pm On Nov 25, 2015
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by MrCork: 6:02am On Nov 26, 2015
Strahovski:

angry
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by MrCork: 6:08am On Nov 26, 2015
Strahovski:

....Sarah..see yor head like confuse kangarooo...how many atempt hav u made to enta london...15?...an how comes the ones who giv the mosst addvise r ussualy the ones who never been outter nigeria?.. Goat!!(no ofeense). angry
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by darkskingoddess(f): 6:56am On Nov 26, 2015
Miggs:
i'm in love with your skintone.smooth,shiny and clear.its driving me gaga.original black velvet.licking my lips here

Lol, thank you. wink
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 26, 2015
MrCork:

....Sarah..see yor head like confuse kangarooo...how many atempt hav u made to enta london...15?...an how comes the ones who giv the mosst addvise r ussualy the ones who never been outter nigeria?.. Goat!!(no ofeense). angry

Please let me have your address in London I'll be there by Monday.

You don't know who you just quoted. I'm not even Nigerian for your information . Please let me have your address in London please. Mail it privately to me and your phone number.. Let's hookup

I'm not a kid like you to return insults
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by MrCork: 10:14am On Nov 26, 2015
Strahovski:

Please let me have your address in London I'll be there by Monday.

You don't know who you just quoted. I'm not even Nigerian for your information . Please let me have your address in London please. Mail it privately to me and your phone number.. Let's hookup

I'm not a kid like you to return insults

...get a visa first.....you homebase people menn!!!(no ofeense) undecided
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 26, 2015
Op your number 1 option can be equated with tribalism in nigeria.u say racism in america and europe and i say tribalism in nigeria.it was when i was doing my youth service and had the oppurtunity of leaving my state that i saw that tribalism is real in nigeria.there was a girl i was once with who told me that her dad would shoot her if she dared got married to an edo man.what of the stories we hear about in some parts of the east were some parents dont allow their dauthers to marry if such a would be bridegroom is not ndigbo enough or he has no ndigbo blood.ppl suffer frm tribalism trauma in nigeria the way ppl suffer racism truama in d west.we are always silent on the tribalism dat occurs in nigeria and always making noise about racism. Then on the issue u brought about western women being dominative then u need to g out more.there are lots of nigerian ladies who control thier husbands.women who beat up their husbands.men who toil and slave in the kitchen while d woman sits in d sittingroom watching tv.abi op u never jam such families for naija? I don jam dem plenty.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 26, 2015
MrCork:

...get a visa first.....you homebase people menn!!!(no ofeense) undecided

Your address and phone number or you are nothing but a fake.

I'm down for this big time. Address, Phone Number or shut up and never quote me. Redundant Fool
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by MrCork: 10:59am On Nov 26, 2015
Strahovski:

Your address and phone number or you are nothing but a fake.

I'm down for this big time. Address, Phone Number or shut up and never quote me. Redundant Fool

....u nid my adress to get visa from Nigeria?... ok..ask nicely. Goat!(no ofeeense) undecided
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 26, 2015
MrCork:

....u nid my adress to get visa from Nigeria?... ok..ask nicely. Goat!(no ofeeense) undecided

As I thought.. The empty vessels make the loudest noise.

Silly fellow.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by MrCork: 12:07pm On Nov 26, 2015
[/color]
Strahovski:

As I thought.. The empty vessels make the loudest noise.

Silly fellow.

[color=#000099] ^^^^^ ha ha ha...homebase likkle boy tryna impress a whole londoneer.. Goat!
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 26, 2015
MrCork:
[/color]

[color=#000099] ^^^^^ ha ha ha...homebase likkle boy tryna impress a whole londoneer.. Goat!
undecided

Seems you are looking for attention.. and you've got it. I advice you register for the 5k per month.

Fool
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by NinaNigeria(f): 12:34pm On Nov 26, 2015
What I have noticed with this forum is that there is a lot of discrimination. Sometimes yoll are busy bashings women in general, sometimes u r being nasty to south Africans, sometimes you fight amongst yourselves based on tribal war, and now u r bashings everyone. chai I don tire finish with all this going on, on this forum. Its as if the only correct person in the whole world is a Nigerian man. like really? stop It already. this is tiring and discouraging undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Date/marry A European,australian,american Woman by MrCork: 1:38pm On Nov 26, 2015
Strahovski:

Seems you are looking for attention.. and you've got it. I advice you register for the 5k per month.

Fool

^^^funny when crackhead try to sound imporant usin big words like 5k.....the niggga aint even gata job!! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Romance A Girl To The Last Point But Still Deny You Sex? / Is This Couple’s Selfie Photoshop Or Witchcraft? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.