Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,156 members, 7,825,613 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. (2201 Views)

Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo / KANO PROTEST: A Trap For Ndigbo / Anioma State: The Best Choice For Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. by OBAFEMIawolowo: 12:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
tonychristopher:

You lie and you are just doing a PR stunts .....whwhere has your advised worked

We need a workable plan that we can understudy

Are you had to tell us your place

Dont tell us that you have inferiority complex or identity challenges
learn from the yorubas and Hausas.

They get more global recognition than igbos because they are cooperative. They are less arrogant and respect each other.

Aba and Onitsha should have been more developed if igbos are united.
Re: MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. by spanishkid(m): 12:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
tonychristopher:

Benin boy

How far
flàthead I dey o.

2 Likes

Re: MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. by OBAFEMIawolowo: 12:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
FrankAba1:
[s][/s]

IMO, you don't chat like a kid that fed on an Igbo woman's breast milk. You need to face west or north in search of your mum.
the same arrogance i have been talking about.

How I wish you could just understand.
Re: MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. by tonychristopher: 12:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
OBAFEMIawolowo:
this same arrogance we are talking about. Yoruba and hausas are more cooperative and that's why they will always rule this country.

The arrogance of ndigbo have reduced them to ordinary citizens that won't be allowed to hold a VP position, not to talk of president.

You keep bragging over nothing

OK that's fine ..that's why Igbo are saying let those that are cooperating continue as pej will say

Then let the uncooperative Igbo go .

And Igbo has made this clear for you and everybody including the international community

So why come to beg and appeal to them

Please show some dignity and respect

If trully your mum is from asaba ..you will have the best of both world
Biafra passport you will have courtesy of your mum.I'd your saying the truth
Then Nigerian passport courtesy of your cooperative tendencies

So why lose sleep

But you have not told us ur place

Is association by force ?

3 Likes

Re: MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. by tonychristopher: 12:05pm On Nov 24, 2015
spanishkid:
flàthead I dey o.

So how your sister @ Milan and also the one in Amsterdam been sampled in show glass. ...hope this winter aibt f
The Christmas season, is a season of forgiveness, love, rejoicing, and thanks giving to God, for the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, who died on the cross, that the whole world may be saved,with the salvation of their Souls.

In Igbo land, there are two major religions, the traditional African religion, which involves the worship of gods, ancestral spirits, and idols, and Christianity.

Most communities in the South East like other African communities,practised the worship of a specie of the python, known as Python Regius.A harmless and beautiful snake, which used to roam about the villages. Now in this part of the world, Pastors and indigenes biker whether to kill or not to kill the snake, due largely to the Biafran war, when people ate the snake without repercautions. Unfortunately,this reptile must be facing extintion in the South East today.

Christianity,is the next major religion of the Igbo land, as introduced by early missionaries, mostly the Catholic Church, the Church Mission Service (CMS), protestants as they were called in those good old days.The Catholic church is of serious prevailence in Igbo Land. Most adults have at one time or the other served mass in the Catholic church, or worked in the CMS, until now when we have pentecostals too.

In those days, most christian Igbo families,as early as the month of August of the year, the tailor would be invited to take measurements for christmas clothes, shoes will be bought, the small hand guns for the boys, and assorted christmas gifts, arranged and kept away by September. The girls would form a group, and one Auntie will be rehearsing one kind of dance or the other for christmas. We all would continue to live with high expectations for the Christmas rice, clothes, shoes and dances.
From 15th December, we would be moved to the village, to remain there till about 15th January, when schools would reopen.

xmas

It was a lot of fun, for us as kids.We met with all our relations, played, went to the river, swam, went into the bushes around to hunt small creatures, doing what young kids do. We would arrange how to spread our breakfast from one house to the other. It still happens today,
Christmas is beyond going to church, exchange of goods, and gifts, for the Igbo man. It goes beyond sewing clothes, buying new cars and property. It offers opportunity for reunion, marriages, friendship, resolution of family matters, community meetings, town hall meetings, conferment of titles, development plans for the people, and their society.

It is also a time for conscious, and serious assessment of an idividual’s life achievements in the year, enabling people to plan for the new year.When you meet your mates and age grades, you see for yourself, and know if you need to catch up some where in your affairs.

This is why the Igbo man must pay special attention to the condition of roads, airports, because they will constitute the majority of commutters from all parts of the country to the Igbo land during christmas, given our presence all over Nigeria.

Year in year out for the past 20 years, I have seen huge traffic gridlocks on all roads towards the South East during this period.Benin Ore road, has remained a source of pain,danger and anguish, for travelling Easterners during Christmas for the past over 20 years. If the past Federal Governments have failed to address this perrenial problem, should the South East Governments not do something about it? I think the South South and South East Governors should create a Task Force, empowered and equiped to augument the efforts of the FRSC and the Police to keep the roads free and safe during the months of December and January every year.

The Task Force should have Giant Hiabs and Tow vehicles located at strategic locations along Benin-Ore Road, Benin-Onitsha Road, Helicopters, and Patrol vehicles to cover the road during this period.The Major Road Transport Companies, like, ABC, De Young, Ifesinachi,Ekene,GUO, God is Good, Agofure, Edegbe, Peace Mass, ITC, Tracas, Entraco,Abia Teansport, and many more should be made to partner with government in funding the Task Force. The idea is to ensure that 2014 December does not visit us with same hardships again.

Our transporters must as a matter of dignity, and honour, stop the exploitation of their own, during the Christmas period. While it is true, that airfares increase during christmas and peak travel seasons in other countries, those airlines have christmas packages for their patrons/customers. In Igbo land, nothing special is offered to commuters during, in and out of the seasons. All we get is arbitrary change in fares during Christmas, except ABC that maintains a dignified constant fare in and out of seasons. The, ABC is a great team, a winning team, and should be emulated by others in keeping the discipline of stable fare during Christamas, and other festive seasons.

This year’s Christmass appears likely to be less boisterious and humble, generally, beause of sheer economic hardship.

The rate of poverty has increased in the last 10 years. Some say it is a period of sacrifice for a better tomorow, but many of our leaders, senators, members of Houses, political office holders and their cronies are having house warming parties, launching news cars, with many thanks giving services. That is the country we are ending up with; Their own Nigeria, and Our own Nigeria.God help the common man in Nigeria, especially the Igbo Man.

Ndigbo should begin to delevelop solutions, and structures to address their own perculiar problems, and challenges in this great nation.
reezing

2 Likes

Re: MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
[s]
OBAFEMIawolowo:
the same arrogance i have been talking about.

How I wish you could just understand.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. by OBAFEMIawolowo: 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
tonychristopher:

OK that's fine ..that's why Igbo are saying let those that are cooperating continue as pej will say

Then let the uncooperative Igbo go .

And Igbo has made this clear for you and everybody including the international community

So why come to beg and appeal to them

Please show some dignity and respect

If trully your mum is from asaba ..you will have the best of both world
Biafra passport you will have courtesy of your mum.I'd your saying the truth
Then Nigerian passport courtesy of your cooperative tendencies

So why lose sleep

But you have not told us ur place

Is association by force ?
I never said my mom was from Asaba, she's a delta igbo and my place of origin is inconsequential to this discussion.

Please take yield of the advice already, no one is asking you not to go but learn how to be cooperative.

I go always pray for you.
Re: MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. by tonychristopher: 12:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
OBAFEMIawolowo:
I never said my mom was from Asaba, she's a delta igbo and my place of origin is inconsequential to this discussion.

Please take yield of the advice already, no one is asking you not to go but learn how to be cooperative.

I go always pray for you.

It is very consequential .why talk with both side are you not the one that said that your mum is from asaba

Oga u no get talk

Your too ashamed to prove the workability of your advise by telling us how you have applied it in your place .

It's so bad that your ashamed of your father's place to identify with mum place .let's even try to believe what your saying has like 3% of truth in it .

How can a logical mind like me believe you

Show us the workability?

Is that hard

1 Like

Re: MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. by OBAFEMIawolowo: 12:11pm On Nov 24, 2015
tonychristopher:

It is very consequential .why talk with both side are you not the one that said that your mum is from asaba

Oga u no get talk

Your too ashamed to prove the workability of your advise by telling us how you have applied it in your place .

It's so bad that your ashamed of your father's place to identify with mum place .let's even try to believe what your saying has like 3% of truth in it .

How can a logical mind like me believe you

Show us the workability?

Is that hard
is Asaba the only delta igbo?
Re: MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. by mascot87(m): 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2015
I don't care what will happen to this Igbo people seriously. They are just too impossible, arrogant & strong hearted

1 Like

Re: MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. by tonychristopher: 12:13pm On Nov 24, 2015
OBAFEMIawolowo:
is Asaba the only delta igbo?

You are ...you don't even know where your mum is from .....
Re: MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. by OBAFEMIawolowo: 12:17pm On Nov 24, 2015
tonychristopher:

You are ...you don't even know where your mum is from .....
is Asaba the only place in delta igbo? Asaba is even a part in oshimili south local government. Ogwashi ukwu is also delta igbo in aniocha south, which is quite different from Asaba but that doesn't add to the topic.

Igbos will be better without arrogance.

1 Like

Re: MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. by tonychristopher: 12:34pm On Nov 24, 2015
OBAFEMIawolowo:
is Asaba the only place in delta igbo? Asaba is even a part in oshimili south local government. Ogwashi ukwu is also delta igbo in aniocha south, which is quite different from Asaba but that doesn't add to the topic.

Igbos will be better without arrogance.

Oga I think ...I am done with you

2 Likes

Re: MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. by cheruv: 12:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
OBAFEMIawolowo:
[s]My mom being a delta Igbo, I have to still make my Igbo maternal brothers understand some facts about them[/s]. I just have seven advice that will move Igbo nation forward wherever they want to be (either Biafra or Nigeria).

1. Stop competing and start cooperating

2. Drop your arrogance and start being friends with other parts of Nigeria.

3. Forget about ikwerre, opobo and ijaw people, they don't like you.

4. Every Igbo man should make alaigbo his first line of investment ( no one will developyour land for you)

5. Start respecting your host communities outside alaigbo, ezeigbo of akure was flogged for his arrogance.

6. Stop building mansions outside and start building industries in alaigbo.

7. Be your brother's keeper and respect other Nigerians.

The IsraeIi control american economy today because they are cooperative, america today cannot emanate laws that will go against the Israelis because they contribute to sponsor any emerging president.

MY LAST ADVICE FOR NDIGBO
You may not succeed in Biafra if you haven't solve the issue of intra-ethnic segregation and start cooperating. Biafra will end up being a joke if an anambra man cannot see an IMO man as a brother or an ngwa man detests an Onitsha man.

Stop competing and start cooperating, Igbo will be very great with this.
The first part reminds me of dollyak(o di ezziokwu o tekam nāhubeghi ya) and her busybodyism just bkos her mum was from Imo... Now you're forming your own busybody bkos your mum is from Anioma grin o nweghi ihnye mmadu na agaghi ahu n'aka ndi Ofei' undecided
As per Iwhurōha and Igwenga,they're Igboid and nothing would make us leave them behind. As for the Ijo, the map already tells you we don't givva damn about them!

3 Likes

Re: MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. by Living4christ(m): 12:37pm On Nov 24, 2015
OBAFEMIawolowo:
every other region have thier various achievements and there's nothing to be proud about in what igbos have achieved.

It was arrogance that killed aguiyi ironsi

It was the same arrogance of ojukwu that started the biafran war

That same arrogance made all other tribe in Nigeria hate igbos

The same arrogance will make most tribe in south south not to follow igbos in their biafra agitation

The same arrogance is what is controlling nnamdi KANU, and it will cost Igbo nation a lot if not properly controlled.

It is the same arrogance that is control you and making you to want to brag about Igbo achievements.

I understand what you mean, so you are saying we should just go under the rug and bury our head, well unfortunately it can never happen, because we can never betray our spirit, we are not arrogant, we achieve what we should achieve, what makes you think ojukwu was arrogant, is it because he fought for freedom and against discrimination that has long lasted in the Hausa and Yorubas even till now.

Igbos cannot be intimidated, we are born with a dominating spirit, even during the slave period the white men always ask for igbo slaves, because they are strong and labor more that any tribe, a man called Olaudah Equiano from igbo was the first african slave to buy his freedom in 1765 when he was about 20 years old for the price of 40 pounds and he is also the first african slave to write an autobiography to fight against human slavery, which gain wide recognition and helped in the abolition of human slavery and is also available in amazon in many part of the word, The title of the book is, "An Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano".
Re: MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. by zendy: 12:56pm On Nov 24, 2015
OBAFEMIawolowo:
My mom being a delta Igbo, I have to still make my Igbo maternal brothers understand some facts about them. I just have seven advice that will move Igbo nation forward wherever they want to be (either Biafra or Nigeria).

4. Every Igbo man should make alaigbo his first line of investment ( no one will developyour land for you)

5. Start respecting your host communities outside alaigbo, ezeigbo of akure was flogged for his arrogance.

The IsraeIi control american economy today because they are cooperative, america today cannot emanate laws that will go against the Israelis because they contribute to sponsor any emerging president.

You may not succeed in Biafra if you haven't solve the issue of intra-ethnic segregation and start cooperating. Biafra will end up being a joke if an anambra man cannot see an IMO man as a brother or an ngwa man detests an Onitsha man.

Your advice is not needed or wanted when it comes to the issue of self determination and freedom. What kind of advice is relevant about people seeking to be free?

We have given Nigeria a 55 year "trial run" and it is self evident that it is a waste of time. Time to try something new to see if it might work. As for the Ikwere and Opobos, two Igbo speaking communities. It might be true that they hate Igbos, but that is not the important issue. The important issue or question is, faced with choice of leaving with into Biafra and staying in Nigeria, which would the Ikwere and Opobo man choose? Do the minorities of Southern Nigeria hate the Igbos enough to prefare staying with Hausas and Yorubas in Nigeria? You should try asking them and see what they say.

1 Like

Re: MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. by knowledgeable: 1:17pm On Nov 24, 2015
OBAFEMIawolowo:
My mom being a delta Igbo, I have to still make my Igbo maternal brothers understand some facts about them. I just have seven advice that will move Igbo nation forward wherever they want to be (either Biafra or Nigeria).

"Yoruba slave mentality and logic at its best".

To most Nigerians and some gullible Igbos and South Southerners, this might appear as an honest advice purely from a heart of a Yoruba slave, but when you peel it off a little bit, and apply critical reasoning in his advice, the complexities of Nigeria lay bare for all to see.

Firstly, the advice for Igbos to corporate and not compete from this yoruba man within this our Nigeria context, should firstly, go to hausa/fulanis, who neither compete nor corporate, but force their wills on others.

Now, this is seriously were the yoruba cowardly and slavishly way of reasoning differ from the Igbos period.

Although, I don't have time to go through his line of advice to the Igbos, but few questions for this young man are as follows. Will all the above advice, quell the fulani herdsmen slaughtering unhindered, hausa/fulanis slaughtering and burning down Christian Churches at the slightest provocation within and outside Nigeria?, stop the liquidation of human life by bokoharam unprecedented in human history?, build all the federal roads in the SE and SS, especially, the critical roads of Enugu -port, Enugu -Onitsha and etc, pollution of SS environment cos of oil, and monopolizing their oil wells and etc.

Igbo corporation within this contex is absolutely submission to slavery and cowardice like you yorubas, unless if you are defining a different kind of corporations that will produce a different outcomes from the above, I don't know.

Now, this is where Yoruba slavishly way of reasoning is extremely very painful. Ask him to honestly give his heart felt advice to the hausa/fulanis up north, he will be missing in action.

In other wards, Yorubas can never advice the north on critical issues that will sustain the Nation, but on irrelevant advice to the Igbos that will not have any iota of impact to the sustainance of the nation,......what a way to expose your cowardly and slavishly disposition.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. by Kestolovee95(f): 1:26pm On Nov 24, 2015
children of starving oshogbo people wants to advice Igbos on how to build economy. See the chopping infrastructure they built for themselves below. People wey hunger dey use brush teeth every morning. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. by tonychristopher: 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
Kestolovee95:
children of starving oshogbo people wants to advice Igbos on how to build economy. See the chopping infrastructure the built for themselves below. People wey hunger dey use brush teeth every morning. grin grin grin grin

When he said that Igbo should not be proud I asked him who gave Igbo the humble pie

He went on and opined that Igbo should learn how to cooperate with other regions

Maybe anambra should cooperate with Adamawa in what area
IMO cooperate with osun in what area

I just don't get his logic.Igbo are better off than most of these states

Then I asked him his state so that Igbo can cooperate ..uptill now he is so ashamed to name his state

2 Likes

Re: MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. by laudate: 4:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
OBAFEMIawolowo:

Na true word you talk, jare! cheesy Collect one chilled bottle from the barman over there! All the drinks are on me. grin
Re: MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 25, 2015
OBAFEMIawolowo:

We don't take advise from Yoruba slavesslaves grin

1 Like

Re: MY Seven Candid Advice For Ndigbo. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 25, 2015
laudate:
Na true word you talk, jare! cheesy Collect one chilled bottle from the barman over there! All the drinks are on me. grin

laudate, the hypocrite and the first-class delusional degree holder, you've been taking overdose Panadol for someone else's headache and now you've ran out of stock. 

Just to help you, check the Phensic on your medicine shelf, it will go a long way in calming your strained nerves on IPOB...

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Solution To All This Protests / Palestine: Nigeria Needs To Officially Support A Free Palestinian State / Meet Ari Kulake The World Richest Man - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.