Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University - Education (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University (215632 Views)

How I Used What I Had To Get What I Need In The University / Photo: I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In Jamb / "How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University" - Abandon Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by JingoOAU(m): 12:31pm On Nov 27, 2015
thatsincerechic:
Luckily for me, in the afternoon of the day Amaka left the house, while I was lying on the bed after I just had a cold shower for the fourth time that day, because I was feeling hot and hungry and remembered how I was told by a church member during fasting, (she always appeared strong while I always suspected she ate while nobody was watching but one day, she told me the secrete to her strength during 3days dry fast in church was because she bathed constantly, almost anytime we were not praying and,) that the best way to keep your mind from food is to have a cold bath.
So you see, I made use of the information and to an extent it helped because I was lying on the bed feeling relaxed and scheming on what I would do to get money and then a
"knock knock... Can I come in"
Someone shouted from outside opening the door at the same time.
"yeah... No p" I mumbled
And he was in, his name was Hammed, a neighbour, and then he started telling me how he was hungry, he wanted to ate rice and stew, although the rice was ready but the stew wasn't, his girlfriend who was supposed to come around and prepare the stew had called earlier to say she would no longer come around because she was busy and that he was finding it difficult to prepare the chicken for the stew.
At the mention of chicken, I sat up, adjusted my clothes and listened attentively and smiled.
"and i wanted to ask you... Please don't be annoyed. I don't know if I am inconveniencing you.. If you can prepare the stew..
"why not! (I interrupted him) haba... With all pleasure jare(I said smiling) you are not inconveniencing me at all ooo how na? "
And then Hammed said
" or maybe I should just prepare noodles and wait for my girlfriend to come because I feel... "
" what are you saying sir! (I shouted, my eyes roaming, my muscles twitching and legs getting ready to stand up) I said you are not inconveniencing me (and when I realised I was shouting, I lowered my voice and quickly said, smiling ) I will gladly prepare the stew for you jor (and then I was up) oya let's go.. " heading out the room first before brother Hammed would have a second thought......

Ebinna.....FFO....

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Mustiboy(m): 12:33pm On Nov 27, 2015
the write ups are getting too short, why na.
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by MrCEO69(m): 12:35pm On Nov 27, 2015
thatsincerechic:
Luckily for me, in the afternoon of the day Amaka left the house, while I was lying on the bed after I just had a cold shower for the fourth time that day, because I was feeling hot and hungry and remembered how I was told by a church member during fasting, (she always appeared strong while I always suspected she ate while nobody was watching but one day, she told me the secrete to her strength during 3days dry fast in church was because she bathed constantly, almost anytime we were not praying and,) that the best way to keep your mind from food is to have a cold bath.
So you see, I made use of the information and to an extent it helped because I was lying on the bed feeling relaxed and scheming on what I would do to get money and then a
"knock knock... Can I come in"
Someone shouted from outside opening the door at the same time.
"yeah... No p" I mumbled
And he was in, his name was Hammed, a neighbour, and then he started telling me how he was hungry, he wanted to ate rice and stew, although the rice was ready but the stew wasn't, his girlfriend who was supposed to come around and prepare the stew had called earlier to say she would no longer come around because she was busy and that he was finding it difficult to prepare the chicken for the stew.
At the mention of chicken, I sat up, adjusted my clothes and listened attentively and smiled.
"and i wanted to ask you... Please don't be annoyed. I don't know if I am inconveniencing you.. If you can prepare the stew..
"why not! (I interrupted him) haba... With all pleasure jare(I said smiling) you are not inconveniencing me at all ooo how na? "
And then Hammed said
" or maybe I should just prepare noodles and wait for my girlfriend to come because I feel... "
" what are you saying sir! (I shouted, my eyes roaming, my muscles twitching and legs getting ready to stand up) I said you are not inconveniencing me (and when I realised I was shouting, I lowered my voice and quickly said, smiling ) I will gladly prepare the stew for you jor (and then I was up) oya let's go.. " heading out the room first before brother Hammed would have a second thought......

lol!!! See watin hunge dey cause
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by grandberry: 12:39pm On Nov 27, 2015
JingoOAU:

Ebinna.....FFO....
lol...was about saying dat

2 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by M4gunners: 12:48pm On Nov 27, 2015
Sincerechic thanks that you are back. The last write up towards the end part of it, was very funny. (Before Hammed change his mind)lol.

2 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by nastyd(m): 12:57pm On Nov 27, 2015
foladaraawe:
about working out of thread tho, nice one op

Dakun dont WORK out of thread o!!

Omo Ibadan rere

6 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by lovelyS(m): 1:17pm On Nov 27, 2015
Benz4pimp:
guess you work as a judge,you have decided without even hearing from the prosecuting or defense counsel.your generations will end up as perverts

Calm down boy! Don't be too hard on yourself, get yourself together...I'm just sorry for your future wife.
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Damfostopper(m): 1:24pm On Nov 27, 2015
Mustiboy:
the write ups are getting too short, why na.
u wan help am form d story
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by oluamid(m): 1:25pm On Nov 27, 2015
Nice thread. I'm actually glad you decided to cut out all the se.x scenes. Not because I hate se.x oo tongue, but I believe it'll detract from the message you are trying to pass.

Just a quick advice,

If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks, you'll never get to your destination.

2 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by babseg(m): 1:25pm On Nov 27, 2015
accelion:
@op, don't you think you are overdoing it? You are beginning to prove that this is just one interesting story instead of a reality. Initially, we all understood the delay with low battery, low mb, work n all that but now it's obvious you are enjoying the accolade you are receiving. Nobody shares a sad experience and put suspense. You are even beginning to write them short. If people feel for your story, don't take them for granted. #justsaying

I understand ur anger. Maybe op is still having financial problems to buy MB. Maybe we should contribute money to buy MB grin
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by babseg(m): 1:28pm On Nov 27, 2015
WARRIBLOOD:
[size=25pt]IF ANDY NOR FFUCK YOU... ME PERSONALY GO FFUCK YOUR TOTO [/size]

What if op na guy lol
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by M4gunners: 1:40pm On Nov 27, 2015
babseg:

What if op na guy lol
See gobe.Oya answer the question.
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by thatsincerechic(f): 1:47pm On Nov 27, 2015
Well, you guessed right. I had lunch at Hammed's place, I made sure I had my fill to the point I had serious constipation afterwards, I became dehydrated, drinking water like a fish and had a protruding tummy for the rest of that day and wishing I would never act like a glutton again.
During the weekend of that week, I almost made N4,000 at the salon. I hardly saw Amaka in class and when I called she would give one excuse or the other about not showing up and always promised to come back the following day. One of those days I sighted Andy from afar, made to call him but decided against after all he sent me out of his so, why would I bring myself low to call him I thought.
I had admirers, who always wanted me around. So my schedule only included, classes, Visits and all night reading. My admirers tripled and my visits increase, almost on a daily basis because I always gave out my mobile number to any guy or cared to ask for it and I was always on the bike or shuttle to visit one or two persons.
Need i say that I was making a lot of profits from my visits, that is, would offer to cook for them, whatever change I made from the money given to me to buy things at the market was automatically mine and most times given money to use as my transportation fare back home which I never for once rejected.
The money given to me for transportation fare was always N1000 N500 N200 and N100 and in all of these I was grateful after all I didn't work for it I thought.
The respect I had for the giver of N1000 was same as the one for N100, because it didn't matter to me, money was money. But I wouldn't deny the fact that when placed on a scale of a preference, the N1000 came first and i was always ready to visit and cook for them. Yes I was a good cook. I practically stopped making hair, "I no dey for killing body abeg" I said to myself one day after the owner of the salon called to know if I was coming...
Thereafter I heard about 2go and downloaded the app.. I had a lot of friends on my 2go list, mostly guys, mostly fat guys and i didn't care about looks I was more concerned with body size because I had a notion that those that looked fat were comfortable. If they happened to upload a picture of themselves looking thin, they were out of my friend's list. Body size was the only thing that mattered and i was after some cash.
When I had developed a reasonable relationship with my 2go friends, I agreed to let them come and visit me in my school.. Going out of the school to visit was never an option. They would come with gifts, provisions and soon enough Amaka's room looked like a provision kiosk as right said by one of her neighbours. Indeed I was making cool cash I was comfortable and reduced my visits to rich guys in the school. "I dont have time for plenty talk,mtcheew.. romance and peanuts as transport fare at the end of the day" . So i totally stopped visiting any guy that gave me less than N500 for Tfare.
At the faculty, on a rainy day, everyone was scampering for the shades and then somebody stepped on my toes, while I winced, I heard "I'm sorry" as I turned to see the person.
It was Chuks , you remember chuck? Well he was Andy's cousin, Chuks was his name, he was the guy I met at Andy's birthday party. He asked after Andy and when I didn't give him any reasonable reply, he quickly asked that we exchange numbers and then he left, left for another shade.
Exams were to commence in two weeks, seriousness was in the air but that did not stop me from receiving 2go friends as visitors. Everything was going smoothly for me and then one day...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by sauceEEP(m): 1:54pm On Nov 27, 2015
what happened

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by bugativeron: 2:07pm On Nov 27, 2015
OP you have really done very well.
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Dahkogrin007(m): 2:08pm On Nov 27, 2015
Chai.... "then one day" again
Waiting ooooo

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 27, 2015
lovelyS:

Calm down boy! Don't be too hard on yourself, get yourself together...I'm just sorry for your future wife.
stop taking codeine for someone else's highness.learn to mind your business infant!!!
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by foladaraawe(f): 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2015
nastyd:

Omo Ibadan rere
that's me jare grin
nastyd:

Omo Ibadan rere
that's me jare
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by clefstone(m): 2:12pm On Nov 27, 2015
@op, did u have a bf all this time? And were u romantically involved with any of those guys that gave u tp after u cooked for them

If u want young girls passing through ur former situation to learn from ur ordeal, u would do well to ansa the above questions

2 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by ooliver: 2:16pm On Nov 27, 2015
one day again......runs to grab pop-corn.....
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by acecarter(m): 2:21pm On Nov 27, 2015
op, I don't mean to be rude, neither am I a pervert.. But I don't just believe some aspects of your story... This is meant to be a life story & not an entertainment narration, so it's meant to be explicit so we can learn from your pros & cons.. I will therefore be glad if you can shed more light on these pressing issues.. I can't believe anyone is a saint, so don't make mistakes of painting that picture...

1) what do you mean by 2go visit?.. What do you mean by they bring gifts or do you paint yourself as an orphan or something to them?
2) what do mean by you going on campus visit, as much as its reasonable that they give you little money for transport fare & I can't believe thats it's just an ordinary visit..

I am not asking for explicit sex stories or romance.. But be kind enough to give your readers a clear insight so we can paint a clear picture in our minds.. As far as I'm concerned you are not writing for robots who can't think.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by mondob2k(m): 2:27pm On Nov 27, 2015
oluamid:
Nice thread. I'm actually glad you decided to cut out all the se.x scenes. Not because I hate se.x oo tongue, but I believe it'll detract from the message you are trying to pass.

Just a quick advice,

If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks, you'll never get to your destination.

Pls thatsincerechic didn't 'cut out' s.ex scenes. There are none yet. Jus keep ur fingers crossed.
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by timmycris(m): 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2015
This thing is now becoming boring sins page 28!

2 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by ayusco85(m): 2:31pm On Nov 27, 2015
timmycris:
This thing is now becoming boring sins page 28!

This is not thrills and booms of hints or hearts magazine. This is a true life story. Take it or walk out of the thread

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by simik003: 2:41pm On Nov 27, 2015
Op is starting to give me a second thought... Been following this story from page 1 and U told us u were given a Nokia torchlight phone by a course mate of urs..How then did u av 2go and WhatsApp all of a sudden after selling ur Samsung flip phone...Abi Nokia torchlight phone don get advanced model wey dey use 2go and WhatsApp ni

13 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by obstead200(m): 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2015
Blazinraj01:
cheesy You guys can die lol. Comments on this thread made me realise it is only Sex that sells.
What do u really expect dear?
I hope this is just a story cos if it is actually true, then I find it difficult to pity the OP.
We are all humans for God's sake. We have feelings too. How can a human being expect to only be on the receiving side, never ever giving, all the days of her life? No matter how bad the situation is, there is always something she can give to her benefactors in return.
Kudos to Andy and Rita for kicking her arse out. Andy in particular is a hero. How can u be comfortable taking things from a guy but u dont feel comfortable giving him things? yet u want to keep on eating and preventing him from living his life?

6 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by obstead200(m): 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2015
ekundayoalo:
The OP took advantage of Andy (friendzone tin) but what Andy did is not cool at all. I was once friendzone somehow like that of Andy but not living under thesame roof. This girl is always on my neck, everywhere i go she's there with me. She said love people seeing us together and she's beautiful too. Her over closeness makes people(in school) think we are dating. I love her though but we cannot date each other we both know that but she wont just live me alone. I excuse myself maturely later though. I even forgot to say she introduced herself as my gf to my department mates and other people. We are still friends today though but i keep the distance
trust me, u were never in andy's friend zone levels.
Andy's level is the kinda level that makes his guys pity him and even send him to TB Joshua for deliverance from the spirit wife that held him bondage grin cheesy shocked

2 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by mcpapillo(m): 3:00pm On Nov 27, 2015
simik003:
Op is starting to give me a second thought... Been following this story from page 1 and U told us u were given a Nokia torchlight phone by a course mate of urs..How then did u av 2go and WhatsApp all of a sudden after selling ur Samsung flip phone...Abi Nokia torchlight phone don get advanced model wey dey use 2go and WhatsApp ni

"She don dey do hair make money na plus the ones guys dey give her just for cooking"

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by NOBODYY: 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2015
Nokia torch light don download 2go..ghen ghen

but for real..Am i d only one who doesnt understand the "2go visits" aspect?? hope you wouldnt mind shedding more light on this??

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by obstead200(m): 3:06pm On Nov 27, 2015
GalzLuvYomy:
Omo abeq come chop rice 4 my house on xmas day 4 wetin u just talk..ur head dey well!wink
infact after he leaves ur house, he shud come to my house make I pop champagne for am
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by obstead200(m): 3:07pm On Nov 27, 2015
Damalex4luv:
I know that OP is just doing shakara, she'll come back to complete the story. I can bet she's enjoying the loud ovation she's getting now and that's why she dropped her BBM pin.

Back to the topic! @OP i'm sorry to say, with what you've written so far I sensed that you're a very mean person in real life, you're only after what you can get from people and never as well bothered on how you can reciprocate the kind gestures. I didn't consider your situation as someone who really suffered because whenever you found yourself been chased out you always quickly find a new place and most times a better place where you still have to depend on your benefactor for food, care and some other things apart from the most important which is shelter yet you believe you can play with there feelings and get to decide your fate in there houses despite the fact that they have done you a favour. Ruth for example despite the fact that she later sends you out of her house was because of the fact that you're selfish and mean. You wrote earlier in your post that you ware her cloths, shoes, sleeps on her bed and even mostly eat her foods and beverages for almost one year and yet you collect money from her whenever you helped her with her hairdo. Most other girls would have send you out after few weeks because to you the only favour you felt you have done is cleaning the house and that is something natural you're supposed to do considering the fact that she accommodates you. Not to talk of Andy that had to accommodate you for 2months without even getting to touch you only once even if it's only smooching that you'll just appreciate him with. Seriously girl you're mean and selfish and you're very lucky to end your school well without resulting to using your body in getting whatever you want because many girls would have loved that but are not that lucky as you're.
Note: Don't ever again claim to have suffered in school because to me you enjoyed, don't let me start form the free foods and beverages you took from your friends turned enemy that you never appreciated or the expensive rooms that you are lucky to be accommodated. Nice write-up anyway but am not going to beg you to come back and complete the story because I know that you definitely will shocked shocked shocked
10 bottles of origin for u sir. u captured my entire thoughts.
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by noblegrex: 3:08pm On Nov 27, 2015
thatsincerechic:
Amaka was exactly what I thought she would be, she was lazy to the core. I would cook for her, and sometimes help her with laundry because she was always complaining about whitlow on her fingers which I never got to see. She had had good side though, she was fun to be with and we always had visitors coming to chat with us and she was ready to entertain them.
My parents had finally sent in the exact money for my school fees into my account. The addition they made was N100 and that was if I would make the withdrawal over the counter in the bank.
I became a part time stylist, by making an agreement with the owner of a beauty salon that on every hair I make i was entitled to 50% of the income. I was never idle, it was either I was in class or back home making hair but my nights were dedicated fully for reading.
Meanwhile, at campus, I avoided Andy like a plague or should I say he avoided me because all the time I was in class I never set my eyes on him even during examination periods and i still wonder how he was able to do so.
The Second semester of the second academic session had started and i was back in school with a lot of cash that I had saved up from the money I got rendering hair services back home during the holiday.
Amaka and i became best friends, we were growing stronger in understanding each other and should I say we became friends because there were mutual benefits. She had a roof and a bed to offer me and I helped her academically and i was indirectly helping myself because the more often I explained topics to her, the better I understood them. It became a ritual that I wrote assignments on every course twice, one for myself and one for Amaka and in the long run I had a understanding of the courses and i was able to explain them from different perspectives .
At first, it felt like a burden to read different textbooks, searched the Internet for information, materials and write our assignments differently so it would not seem like they were from the same writer. I made sure I wrote them from different points of view, included different quotes and different references where needed.
Amaka was influencing me in a way I could not understand. We went to parties always on her insistence though, clubbed almost every Friday, but during the week days, I always prepared myself for an all night reading because I was addicted to it and each time I made to leave the house for the campus, Amaka would tease me about using the all night reading as a perfect excuse to pass the night at a guy's house.
My schedule was so tight with activities and soon enough, I stopped attending campus fellowships because I felt there was no time it, that there were other pressing issues....
Tracy pls.incase you've forgotten. Welcome allthesame.I swallow the rest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (53) (Reply)

Uniben 2011/2012 Post-ume Result / Unilag 2017/2018 Admission Thread / FUT Minna 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.