Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,387 members, 7,822,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University - Education (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University (215564 Views)

How I Used What I Had To Get What I Need In The University / Photo: I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In Jamb / "How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University" - Abandon Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by marlockj: 3:30pm On Nov 29, 2015
TGM2015:

Silent issues are that when you start being dishonest and unfair because of the situation you find yourself you get full dose of it. And before the situation get worse you left God of your life and trust your deceitful skill. Hence the karma law and saying what you saw you shall reap.
No man has ever attain greatness without supernatural support and superstition. Though critically looking through your posts, who will undoubtedly confirm it was a fiction story that portrait the reality of how many students with very poor background went through to obtain teteriary education.
I also commend you for inclusion of the rape and scammers friend to teach the lessons of no matter how careful you are in doing wrong things, you will no escape the reward.

Well done.

Guy u are 100% correct ,you really follow the story.

Forget all this Ppl who think she mst lie,deceive n cheat to succeed.

That was ha reward n it came in tym rather than later.

Kudos to ur comment

3 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by donem: 3:32pm On Nov 29, 2015
marlockj:

So chuk wear condommm rape you.
Na wa ohh.
Where is pregnancy Na,abi chuk pour water inside u .
Lik u said chuks run you twice,so Wat happen to his sperm
Where did you get money to buy drugs. Cuz u were broke.
Where did chuks sperm?
Na wa ohh
Shai nah wah o.. cheesy cheesy
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by donem: 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2015
Tolupage:

[b]

Really a nice touching story with a very good ending.... we've all got some story to tell.

by the way why was Andy avoiding you

Let me help the op answer, he came to the realisation that she was evil, can u recall when he labelled her a badluck?
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Walelavender(m): 3:36pm On Nov 29, 2015
Opin Cinema.....

End of story.
*waves to the thread *
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by elmajor(m): 3:40pm On Nov 29, 2015
rosalieene:

What exactly is your problem!! Do you think that if she had money or her parents sends her allowance, provide her basic needs such as accommodation, food and co she will depend on others for those things? You are not reasoning it from her perspective.... If she has those things she wouldn't have been lieing or collecting gifts/money from guys and wouldn't have compromised. That she was trying to survive doesn't justify rape. If she goes around and be telling ppl wat her predicament is, don't u know they ll look down on her. See ehn, if u want to help do it with Ur mind and do not expect anything in return.
Truth is hard to accept but the consequence of lie is devastating.
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by marlockj: 3:42pm On Nov 29, 2015
All of Una wey label bad person.

Shey Una knw where chuks sperm go abi.

Una no go talk nw,Una go strt to dey pity.

So the sperm enter voice mail.

Shebi ha womb dey kill sperm.

Shebi chuks wey sleep nake wear condom sleep abi.

Abi no b twice chuks do?

since wen one man squad dey wear condom.

Before you knw now Ppl will start quoting me for wrong reasons.

This is Wat happen in class wen a teacher say any question?no one wants to stand up n say something as u raise hand ask,dem go begin answer you or side talk from behind.

Since all of Una knw where d sperm went Oya tell me.
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by marlockj: 3:43pm On Nov 29, 2015
marlockj:
All of Una wey label bad person.

Shey Una knw where chuks sperm go abi.

Una no go talk nw,Una go strt to dey pity.

So the sperm enter voice mail.

Shebi ha womb dey kill sperm.

Shebi chuks wey sleep nake wear condom sleep abi.

Abi no b twice chuks do?

since wen one man squad dey wear condom.

Before you knw now Ppl will start quoting me for wrong reasons.

This is Wat happen in class wen a teacher say any question?no one wants to stand up n say something as u raise hand ask,dem go begin answer you or side talk from behind.

Since all of Una knw where d sperm went Oya tell me.
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by sulakishop(m): 3:43pm On Nov 29, 2015
I'm subscribing 1GB data for you on your chosen network, kudos!

thatsincerechic:
MORAL OF THE STORY
(WHETHER REAL OR FICTION)

with this story I have shared with you so far..

I am not telling you to open up to people or not to open up when you are in need.

I am not telling you to capitalise on the emotions of people.

I am not telling you to lie or not to lie in order to save your face from shame.

I am not telling you to become an hair stylist. Of course, not everybody is skillful with their hand. Being an entrepreneur encompasses a whole lot and you know what you are good at.

I believe from this story, you have been able to pick out one or two lessons after all in every nonsense, there is a sense.

Never live your life with a negative mindset because you find yourself in difficult situations. There are worse case scenarios and believe me you, you can never tell what's behind the smiles on the faces you come across on a daily basis.

Of course, I have only been able to throw some light on the financial difficulty some students go through, but there are other aspects too. You would be surprised to know the number of students with suicidal thoughts even when they live in luxury

No matter what, I repeat no matter what, suicide should never be an option.

LIKE the saying ,different situations require different measures.
I tell you this day, that no matter what you are going through in life, you should try as much as possible to be in control. Do not let any situation weigh you down or finally tear you apart.

In conclusion, always hold tight to your faith as we all know the saying that a man without faith is a man without hope.
But then again, you know what's Best for you so...

GO FIGURE!

Gracias !

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by anonimi: 4:03pm On Nov 29, 2015
ecnuel:

Rose, whether your story is fiction or non-fiction doesn't make it less touching. I believe you, as well as all the readers picked one or two lessons from it. If it were true, I believe by now, you have recovered from the frustrating experiences.

One area I believe you erred was that you lost focus in your relationship with God. Thank God you picked up at last. I equally passed thru difficulties in my undergraduate years, but I kept on trusting God and he saw me thru.

One important takeaway for me is that I have learnt to be more considerate when I see people misbehave. For many, it was not intentional. OP, you took several wrong steps for which anyone that did not know what you passed would crucify you! Am not crucifying you.

Finally, I pray that our children will not be subjected to the dehumanizing situations we have been through. May God perfect your healing.

One way to do that is to contribute to our alma mater, former university's growth and help provide scholarships to indigent students while promoting SKILLS acquisition from technical and vocational education.
It can be well with us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2015
[quote author=marlockj post=40518850]
U wan swallow d sperm? undecided
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by usj(m): 4:26pm On Nov 29, 2015
Hi OP, i love your story, be it true or fiction you are awesome, you kept it simple no big word. Should you ever choose to be an author i would like to read your books, only game of thrones was able to hook my attention the was you did for three days. Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by micronut(m): 4:32pm On Nov 29, 2015
thatsincerechic:
I felt my whole world crumbling, I was destabilised and confused. I didn't know where else to go to, or who to call next. To say the fact, I was tired of running from one house to the other, I was tired of squatting, I was tired of saving money from my handwork which was never enough and life was becoming meaningless to me, and suddenly I remembered there was fellowship for that day and I decided to attend the fellowship. I wanted a communication with God, I finally decided.
After fellowship that day, I passed the night at the girl's hostel with one of my course mates. It wasn't a comfortable experience for me though as I had to lie on the floor close to her bunk.
I became a full time member at the fellowship, joined the publication unit again and became very devoted. My schedule included just fellowship and class.
Sometimes I slept in classrooms after reading at night, would go to the girl's hostel in the mornings to clean up, I attended all night praise and worship organised by my fellowship and other fellowships partly because I had no where to sleep. Life for me continued that way until I was made the Secretary of the publication unit because the former Secretary had to leave the school. It was a big challenge for me because I had new responsibilities and because not everyone in the unit liked the fact that I was made the Secretary, according to them, I left the fellowship only to come back and claim the position of the Secretary. I believe my being made the Secretary was simply Grace. Because I was now a full time worker and had a position in the fellowship, I was told I could start living in the pastorium (it is an apartment meant for workers that held positions in the fellowship) which I gladly accepted. During fellowships I saw Rita, we became friends but not really as close as we were before. She was in the choir and was also a financial treasurer.
Back at the department, Andy avoided me anytime he saw me, if I made to call him or want to strike a conversation when we were finally together, he would always come up with one excuse or the other and would walk away leaving me staring after him.
Amaka on the other hand was busy with her boo, the only time I was at her place was when she needed me to help her out with her assignments or when I needed some of my belongings before I finally moved them into the pastorium I was staying.
Second semester arrived, thankfully there were no classes, there was only the IT for that semester.
To say the fact, I had my industrial training inside the school. I also could not rewrite my carry over exam because the lecturer finally told me I was wasting my time after much pleading.. He said it was impossible to record my score for that course with the IT hence his refusal.....

You see why i asked those questions the other time?? rather than tell me to keep following the story.. You carefully took your time to tongue-lash me for nothing.

I Knew why i asked "What was the role of the fellowships then". Those arms, have helped thousands of students while i was way back in school. I knew of two friends that slept in the mission/fellowship house throughout a year. (Cos i use to go for an all-nighter reading in those fellowship).

Like someone said, thank God you traced your path to God which has allowed you to conquer and excel against all odds.

Am happy for your life and wish you the best! I hope you have learnt to be helping others too.

And for the serious vituperation from you, i just can't say you erred, but like seriously, i had expected you as an Ex Gen Sec. of a student fellowship to have learnt to exhibit the virtues of calmness and tolerance, even when you are seriously annoyed! We should always learn not to let our mood swings get a better part of us.

I writes too, but i must admit, you rocks. I have had the ample opportunity to get along with notable writers in seminars and social forum, i must tell you, the readers cum writers response have always been superb, even with nasty comments. Many takes it as a compliment, it's one of those things that comes with writings. Even Achebe's, Okigbo's, Cyprians, W.S and literary works of many writers have been seriously criticise from ingenuity to tribalism. It's a small world sis, we don't know who is who.

Indeed, my time here has been worth the while and i can't but wish you all the best in Life.

More grace and Wisdom.
Micronut Writes......

13 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by hahn(m): 4:38pm On Nov 29, 2015
micronut:

You see why i asked those questions the other time?? rather than tell me to keep following the story.. You carefully took your time to tongue-lash me for nothing.

I Knew why i asked "What was the role of the fellowships then". Those arms, have helped thousands of students while i was way back in school. I knew of two friends that slept in the mission/fellowship house throughout a year. (Cos i use to go for an all-nighter reading in those fellowship).

Like someone said, thank God you traced your path to God which has allowed you to conquer and excel against all odds.

Am happy for your life and wish you the best! I hope you have learnt to be helping others too.

And for the serious vituperation from you, i just can't say you erred, but like seriously, i had expected you as an Ex Gen Sec. of a student fellowship to have learnt to exhibit the virtues of calmness and tolerance, even when you are seriously annoyed! We should always learn not to let our mood swings get a better part of us.

I writes too, but i must admit, you rocks. I have had the ample opportunity to get along with notable writers in seminars and social forum, i must tell you, the readers cum writers response have always been superb, even with nasty comments. Many takes it as a compliment, it's one of those things that comes with writings. Even Achebe's, Okigbo's, Cyprians, W.S and literary works of many writers have been seriously criticise from ingenuity to tribalism. It's a small world sis, we don't know who is who.

Indeed, my time here has been worth the while and i can't but wish you all the best in Life.

More grace and Wisdom.
Micronut Writes......

@bolded is only proof that belief in god is not a basis of morality nor a foundation for basic manners smiley

3 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by M4gunners: 4:43pm On Nov 29, 2015
This story has finally come to an end. Thanks Op for the first ever long story i read in Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by M4gunners: 4:49pm On Nov 29, 2015
marlockj:
Please anymre story let me jump the train?

anyone here with really horrible past,Let's join ur train,cuz this train is really smoking and about to stop

Patiently waiting.

Yes i sir.The title of my topic is= HOW SOME RUNS GIRLS WANT TO CHOP MY CAPITAL AND SEND ME BACK TO VILLAGE SOME YEARS BACK.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by palugy(m): 5:04pm On Nov 29, 2015
thatsincerechic:
MORAL OF THE STORY

I am not telling you to open up to people or not to open up when you are in need.

I am not telling you to lie or not to lie in order to save your face from shame.

I am not telling you to become an hair stylist. Of course, not everybody is skillful with their hand. Being an entrepreneur encompasses a whole lot and you know what you are good at.

I believe from this story, you have been able to pick out one or two lessons after all in every nonsense, there is a sense.

Never live your life with a negative mindset because you find yourself in difficult situations. There are worse case scenarios and believe me you, you can never tell what's behind the smiles on the faces you come across on a daily basis.

Of course, I have only been able to throw some light on the financial difficulty some students go through, but there are other aspects too. You would be surprised to know the number of students with suicidal thoughts even when they live in luxury

I tell you this day, that no matter what you are going through in life, you should try as much as possible to be in control. Do not let any situation weigh you down or finally tear you apart.

In conclusion, always hold tight to your faith as we all know the saying that a man without faith is a man without hope.

GO FIGURE!

Gracias !

glory be to God almighty..for he is AN ANWESOME GOD.
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by primusmaximus: 5:08pm On Nov 29, 2015
thatsincerechic:
MORAL OF THE STORY

GO FIGURE!

Gracias !

My new favorite Nairalander: thatsincerechic. You will go far in life (whether Real or Fiction)
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 29, 2015
Nice one OP...... One lacasera for u......

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by NOBODYY: 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2015
M4gunners:
Yes i sir.The title of my topic is= HOW SOME RUNS GIRLS WANT TO CHOP MY CAPITAL AND SEND ME BACK TO VILLAGE SOME YEARS BACK.
Do you have any story about how Nnamidi kanu was caught with two prostitutes in Lagos?? i'd be intrested in that story
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by M4gunners: 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2015
NOBODYY:

Do you have any story about how Nnamidi kanu was caught with two prostitutes in Lagos?? i'd be intrested in that story
You should be the one to tell the story . From what you wrote here, your are ain a better position to narrate such story or did i tell you i caught him with prostitutes?
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by NOBODYY: 5:37pm On Nov 29, 2015
M4gunners:
You should be the one to tell the story . From what you wrote here, your are ain a better position to narrate such story or did i tell you i caught him with prostitutes?
Sheybi na you dey always carry biafra/kanu matter for head like gala
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by smartprodigy: 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2015
marlockj:
So does it mean Op Dnt hv womb?

or chuks sperm was not fertile?

what is going on here??

what happen to the sperm that was deposited? cuz according to Op chuk, run ha twice.

Enough of all this pity up n down.

It is no more news that Op really tried n she suffered alot.it's touching.

Now what happen to chuks baby?
I'm very sure that you are sperm that was never flushed....what has these story got to do with Chuks sperm and why are you interested init? Instead of you to get the moral of the story, you are here ranting about sperm.
Sonofabitch

4 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Nanaiky(f): 5:59pm On Nov 29, 2015
thatsincerechic, the problems you encountered during your undergrad days would not have been compounded if you had come out open to a religious sect. And this advice goes out to everyone, attach yourself to a religious group on campus, both muslims and Christians. They would help. So many students have survived through religious organizations. Even buoyant students contribute. They sometimes have outside sponsors for indigent students.

3 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by bugativeron: 6:11pm On Nov 29, 2015
It is easier for many to stay here and be pontificating over the poor young woman. The story does not sound fabricated. And it is easier to give advice when you are not in the saddle. @OP though I was among those who harassed when you stopped writing. It was more out off frustration over not knowing what you were up to and to get to know how your wonderful school life came to success.

I wish you well in all your endeavour. Cheers
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by clefstone(m): 6:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
marlockj:

E never end.

We need to knw Wat hppn to chuks sperm.

Where the belly?
you just proved that u r a virgin. So u think releasing inside a woman means instant pregnancy

3 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Harpos2(m): 6:23pm On Nov 29, 2015
His Grace will not depart from you and those that are in this condition, Amen
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by ta4ba3(m): 6:24pm On Nov 29, 2015
Wait op so u mean u were bleeped just once in four years... adonbelieveit
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by glossy6(f): 6:25pm On Nov 29, 2015
anonimi:

Have you ever tried to advise any of these financially "struggling" students to FIRST go to a vocational/technical school/college, acquire SKILLS then earn money of their own before deciding if they still want the ACADEMIC enrichment of a university education.
What was their reaction?
If you never made such suggestion to them, why did you never make such a suggestion? What do you think kept you from giving such advice?

Some children are as lazy as their parents that's why they are not ready to do anything to earn income.

Children need to acquire vocational skills to be able to face the future squarely. The westerners know how to do that very well. My 12yrs old and 14years daughters learn to make dresses during vacations while the younger ones learn to play musical instruments like violin and key board. My niece is doing her SIWES and at the same time trains in a beauty saloon. All these will come handy one day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Ay04z(m): 7:17pm On Nov 29, 2015
The best story I have read on naira land so far..... I have really learn.... Peace be unto u...
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by pweetylivia(f): 7:17pm On Nov 29, 2015
thatsincerechic:
The first week of living with Andy was wonderful, we went to classes together, went to the market, cooked and ate together, also went to swimming pools during weekends. It was a wonderful experience for me. Atleast a piece of fun and relaxation to compensate for the tough times.
The week had extended into weeks, into a month and two weeks and The semester was coming to an end. While I was living with Andy, his cousin, the one I met the next morning after Andy's birthday, well his name was Chuks, was always coming around to eat. He would tease me about putting love portion in the food I prepared because, according to him, that seemed to be the reason why he was always coming back for more.
One of those days, Andy asked me about my roommate and if I wasn't back, and why I wanted my rent to waste. I told him it was better for the money to waste than for me to live with my roommate. I couldn't tell what was on his mind but I knew he was thinking, thinking really hard and i never felt the need to know what it was.
I will not deny the fact that my six weeks with Andy was more like I was threading of dangerous grounds. Andy wanted me to be his girlfriend, but I knew what he actually wanted was intimacy. He wanted sex from me quite all right but I wasn't going to do that. I didn't have that kind of feelings for him and he was more like a brother to me. Most times when we were alone together in his apartment, there was usually tension in the air until someone came around . I could remember how one day he return from a neighbour's place at dawn, he didn't pass the night at his house, it wasn't the first time and when I wanted to know why, he told me he didn't want to spoil things, spoil our friendship that after all he was like a brother. I didn't know what he meant but I read every bit of sarcasm in between the lines.
We remained as roommates until one day...
Ehen....ghenghen...what most guys have been expecting since
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by marlockj: 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2015
clefstone:
you just proved that u r a virgin. So u think releasing inside a woman means instant pregnancy

You Dnt evn knw Wat u r saying.

Did she tell you want hppn? was she not xpectin belly.

Evn if releasing in a gel does nt mean pregnancy, wich girl will wait for result.

Ppl lik u always imagine answer without finding out Wat actually happn
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by marlockj: 7:44pm On Nov 29, 2015
smartprodigy:

I'm very sure that you are sperm that was never flushed....what has these story got to do with Chuks sperm and why are you interested init? Instead of you to get the moral of the story, you are here ranting about sperm.
Sonofabitch

If I was nt flushed den I survived.

Should I carry moral lesson on my head.

Who told you hv nt carried d stuff already.

What is wrong with my question?

people like are the ones who start side talks in class when people ask question,yet if they ask you u cnt answer.

If Op should come out I said dis n that,you will the 1st to say ehya sorry.

Moral lesson ko moral lesson ni

This same Ppl rape girls,when they cum here the form saint.if everyone is saying ehya,he or she is heartless.then which then rape our girls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (53) (Reply)

Uniben 2011/2012 Post-ume Result / Unilag 2017/2018 Admission Thread / FUT Minna 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.