Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General (40344 Views)

Kogi Supplementary Election Results / Tinubu Insists On Faleke For The Kogi Supplementary Election / Prince Mohammed Audu's For Kogi Governorship (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by adadadon(m): 4:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
simplycarro:

Unfortunately, it's well known to the APC apparatchiks that Alhaji Yahaya Bello engaged in anti-party activities after losing the primaries to the late Audu.
Which Anti party activities ?
After helping Audu Campaigning in our Hometown of okene, and donating to his campaign..... shocked shocked shocked shocked this is desperation at its peak.....
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by SirToby(m): 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
Acidosis:
My prediction gradually coming to passsssss!

Congrats Alhaji Yahaya Bello/James Faleke!

It can never be given to Yahaya bello, APC cannot have an Ebira/Yoruba as its candidate. And also, yahaya cannot be trusted, he attempted decamping to PDP or SDP after losing the primary election. Bello should for get about it.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by adadadon(m): 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
Orobo2Lekpa:

Going by your submission, why can't Faleke be part on any new primary?
Time for primaries has passed
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by baby124: 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
adadadon:

don you understand English
1 Faleke is not qualified because he did not participate in the primaries
2 A Primaries was held and a second position emerged
3 Audu/faleke ticket is not yet elected
Lmao at your confidence in stupidity

1 Like

Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by badesco(m): 4:56pm On Nov 24, 2015
This is just the view of the AGF not the court. faleti is not qualified in any way and for a substituition to take place, that mean another fresh election has to be conducted. Apc need not conduct any new primaries but would only just pick from the candidates that contested primaries with late Audu. And note if INEC should go ahead to concluded the present election, that means the second candidate the score second highest votes will be declared winner. Fortunately, that will favour the incubent Gov. Wada.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by accelion(m): 4:58pm On Nov 24, 2015
doctokwus:
Initially I felt Faleke shud automatically complete the process and a deputy chosen for him by the party,but on 2nd thought it cannot be right and just. This is because Faleke didn't contest the APC primaries,so how can he now assume the mandate that was won by the APC because Audu was preferred to Wada, not necessarily that Audu/Faleke were preferred to Wada/deputy.
In otherwords, Faleke's electoral value is not that much, left on the ticket as a main, APC might have lost.
So the logical thing I feel shud be done is for APC to organize another primary while Faleke remains the deputy.

People didn't vote for only Audu, Faleke was also voted for. Don't forget this isn't a businessv venture where there are hierarchy.Audu migh get that much vote because of Faleke and vice versa.

1 Like

Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by doctokwus: 5:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
Orobo2Lekpa:

what if he doesn't contest and the person who wins decides he wants another deputy?
Honestly that's another unseen angle u bought in.
But I feel Faleke is a candidate of the apparatchiks in APC and he wudnt be left hanging after having campaigned with Audu.
It's dicey I agree, but let's just wait and see what happens.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by accelion(m): 5:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
doctokwus:
Initially I felt Faleke shud automatically complete the process and a deputy chosen for him by the party,but on 2nd thought it cannot be right and just. This is because Faleke didn't contest the APC primaries,so how can he now assume the mandate that was won by the APC because Audu was preferred to Wada, not necessarily that Audu/Faleke were preferred to Wada/deputy.
In otherwords, Faleke's electoral value is not that much, left on the ticket as a main, APC might have lost.
So the logical thing I feel shud be done is for APC to organize another primary while Faleke remains the deputy.

People didn't vote for only Audu, Faleke was also voted for. Don't forget this isn't a businessv venture where there are hierarchy. We can't be so sure Audu didn't get that much vote because of Faleke you know. It's logical
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Orobo2Lekpa: 5:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
adadadon:

Time for primaries has passed

what of Secondary?

1 Like

Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Gondonu: 5:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
dason4life:
Why can't PDP emulate their Hero Of Democracy and accept defeat? undecided
It won't be a nice scenerio if they such lose again
Kindly tell that to APC to whom elections are only free & fair when they won but never so when otherwise.That attitude will be better for our democracy.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by billyG(m): 5:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
NobleAky:
...and what if the substituted person dies again while the remaining elections are underway? Left for me i assumed that Wada has gone to India to combine their juju with a potent Igala juju to pronounce death on any close rival! If you dash Me the post i no go collect. A living goat is better than a dead lion
Wadah Why?Pdp with Do or Die politics.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Charles545: 5:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
ejeh121:
APC will bring in a new candidates,if they don't kogi people should rather vote wada than allowing that faleke to become gov!

you just reasoned like the igalas- I hope you're not one of them, my dear its high time you wake up to civilization, what's wrong with faleke as kogi state governor

1 Like

Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by gigabyte13: 5:09pm On Nov 24, 2015
maupe:
This is totally unacceptable. The AGF should have called for fresh elections. So as to have a fair and free dispensation, a fresh election is the only thing that should have sufficed. If INEC wants to be taken serious, they should discountenance the AGF's interpretation and announce a day for Fresh elections. This is Fraud.

continue ehn, continue to dey smoke another man weed on his behalf continue.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by samplegirl(f): 5:11pm On Nov 24, 2015
Nigerians deceiving themselves since 1914. Has anybody cared to ask why inec suddenly declared the election inconclusive the moment they got wind of Audu 's death.

Chai my people! There was no case of violence or rigging but all of a sudden the election became inconclusive and the death of a candidate announced. You can imagine if the candidate of Apga or a candidate that is not in the party that controls Aso Rock that died.

Hmmmmm! This change stinks.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Rexology: 5:11pm On Nov 24, 2015
QatarPlayboy:
Thanks malami jare. u knw book. either devil(pdp) likes it or nt, Kogi must be added to apc controlled states. LETS SEE HOW DOKPESI AND PDP WOULD RISE AGAIN.

SATAN(PDP) DON FALL FOR GUTTER, MATCH AM MATCH AM
... And how does it improve your general standard of living? so it's no longer about good governance, its about the number of States being CONTROLLED by a particular political party right?
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Olufemiolaolu(m): 5:14pm On Nov 24, 2015
Case closed statement. Wada & pdp shd wait 4 their turn.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 24, 2015
The AGF is working for APC. Since there is no Know law that addresses this Kogi situation, Judicial interpretation by the Supreme court is the only option. THe AGF should stop being partisan.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by johnpalmer774(m): 5:14pm On Nov 24, 2015
Clevite:
The ball is in APC's court. They have two options left for them. It's either they fill the space with the candidate second in position to Audu at the party primaries or with Abiodun Faleke who is already a joint contestant with Audu for the people's mandate. The mandate primarily belongs to the party and the Party has the sole decision to chose who to give it to among its eligible members.

Only two APC's members are eligible in the circumstance at hand to fill in the vacuum. It's either a party member who contested in the party primaries that produced Audu in the first place, in which case the candidate that came closest to Audu in votes then may most likely fit in, or the candidate in joint contest with him for the party's mandate in the Guber elections, which is still ongoing. As it is now, the APC maintains the right to chose from either of them as there is no law that specifically states they must consider previous party primaries to chose the candidate to fill Audu's position in the circumstance.

God Bless you for this Wonderful comments but please i need you to help me out with this issue because am totally confused here though am not a Law student but i have little knowledge about Law...........Does any of our Constitution both electorate act and 1999 constitution mandated a Political Party to choose a runner up to the Winner of any Primaries in case of any Substitution like this occur or does it just Mandated Political Party to choose whoever they want the reasons for asking now is because the person that came second in that Primaries is Yayale Bello and his not from Igala and according to the Popular saying in Kogi now those Igalas still want an igala man to replace audu but if APC went ahead to choose an igala man who does not participate in the Primaries or participated but does not come second don't u think Yayale Bello might head to court to seek court interpretation on the issue and if the Party also decide to elevate his deputy to that Post don't u think one one of those that contested the primaries might head to court as well and arguer that Faleke never contested party Primaries but as it stand now my only suggestion is for APC to arrange another Primaries only if the Law allow it.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by bakila: 5:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
meforyou1:
he's a minister, not a judge
You have a point, but is his opinion that counts for now.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Opinedecandid(m): 5:19pm On Nov 24, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Deputy taking over is also termed Substitution. However that will be left for the Party to decide.

What is certain, is that, there won't be fresh election! Wada Got to go ASAP!

Isn't it better he goes but stays alive?
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by shaddoww: 5:21pm On Nov 24, 2015
But in a case where d runner up in d primary as decamped to another party, den wat happens?
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 24, 2015
okay...
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by wirinet(m): 5:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
maupe:
This is totally unacceptable. The AGF should have called for fresh elections. So as to have a fair and free dispensation, a fresh election is the only thing that should have sufficed. If INEC wants to be taken serious, they should discountenance the AGF's interpretation and announce a day for Fresh elections. This is Fraud.

Why should the AGF call for fresh election? What was wrong with the elections held and ascertained to be free and fair? Will you annul the elections? Elections have been held and declared valid, INEC no longer have the power to annul those elections, only the courts can do that.

The problem is not elections that had been held, the controversy is re-run elections in the cancelled areas.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by johnpalmer774(m): 5:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
noeloge82:

That's true irrepective of who wins prof itse sagi said it yestarday and I believe that the law prof who is even working under d APC is not baiased and by d time this gets to d supreme court this issue will be laid to rest

You know what , PDP will just be wasting their time by going to Court in regards of anything APC Does because at the end of the day APC will still win because it either the Courts rules that APC does not have Power to substitutes candidates again which means his Deputy automatically becomes a Governor or the court might rule that Audu Runner up in the Primaries election should have been his replacement which still means APC still Win so whatever arguments PDP may table in court the judgement will still go in APC way unless you want courts to declared the total Elections invalid because one of the candidate in election dies after casting his vote.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by dantori(m): 5:29pm On Nov 24, 2015
ezebunafo:

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/breaking-news-apc-will-only-substitute-audu-for-kogi-supplementary-election-agf/

Fair plus if given the mandate should consolidate on Abubakar Audu's legacies while strengthening his own agenda he should forget whatever grievances they May have had , May Allah grant all the dead Muslims Aljanatil Firdaus including May late Dad. Ameen
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by erinalex: 5:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
Plus10:
I thought apc said they own kogi anytime anyday why are they afraid of fresh election...nonsense party!
the only thing, you are good at,is to abuse people. When it comes to logical reasoning you are dead. How did u know that APC is afraid of fresh election? Commonsense,should've told u that APC is on d advantage here,so,how do u expect it to want fresh election,which will involve spending additional unbudgeted money. PDP are on d losing side,they can wish for fresh election. If u are APC u'll crave for fresh poll ? It is a Pity,that u've allow Emotion to hood ur sense of reasoning.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Eruditor: 5:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
maupe:

I strongly disagree. If your opinion is implemented it will set a precedence that not only maligns common sense but will be expensive and illogical.

Consider a scenario that Wada was leading and his Deputy died whilst INEC declared inconclusive. The rule should mean that the whole elections will be cancelled and fresh elections held because the same electoral act says anybody running for governor can only have a mandate if he has a deputy.

Also in the same vein consider a situation if one of the lesser parties had their own candidate deceased before the announcements or completion of the elections. Would INEC not be mandated to cancel the entire elections and conduct fresh ones?
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Opinedecandid(m): 5:34pm On Nov 24, 2015
QatarPlayboy:
Thanks malami jare. u knw book. either devil(pdp) likes it or nt, Kogi must be added to apc controlled states. LETS SEE HOW DOKPESI AND PDP WOULD RISE AGAIN.

SATAN(PDP) DON FALL FOR GUTTER, MATCH AM MATCH AM

For real, are you a Nigerian or a diasporan?

Til now you have refused too acknowledge which party is of the devil, for the devils and be the devil?

You won't admit the doom: Fuel crises, the lies, deceits, halftruths, falsehood,economic comatose, leadership summersaults and general directionlessness occasioned by your propaganda party for 6 months now?

You can still shame your master by telling the truth.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by ukay2: 5:34pm On Nov 24, 2015
johnpalmer774:

God Bless you for this Wonderful comments but please i need you to help me out with this issue because am totally confused here though am not a Law student but i have little knowledge about Law...........Does any of our Constitution both electorate act and 1999 constitution mandated a Political Party to choose a runner up to the Winner of any Primaries in case of any Substitution like this occur or does it just Mandated Political Party to choose whoever they want the reasons for asking now is because the person that came second in that Primaries is Yayale Bello and his not from Igala and according to the Popular saying in Kogi now those Igalas still want an igala man to replace audu but if APC went ahead to choose an igala man who does not participate in the Primaries or participated but does not come second don't u think Yayale Bello might head to court to seek court interpretation on the issue and if the Party also decide to elevate his deputy to that Post don't u think one one of those that contested the primaries might head to court as well and arguer that Faleke never contested party Primaries but as it stand now my only suggestion is for APC to arrange another Primaries only if the Law allow it.

There is nothing like another primary for APC because NO COURT NULLIFIED the first primary election...

Tinubu/APC should swallow the bitter truths:
1. Alhaji Yahahya Bello/James Faleke
OR
2. NewAPC Primary with FRESH KOGI GENERAL ELECTION of which PDP/WADA may win....

Remember am APC member ....
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
Opinedecandid:

For real, are you a Nigerian or a diasporan?

Til now you have refused too acknowledge which party is of the devil, for the devils and be the devil?

You won't admit the doom: Fuel crises, the lies, deceits, halftruths, falsehood,economic comatose, leadership summersaults and general directionlessness occasioned by your propaganda party for 6 months now?

You can still shame your master by telling the truth.
SHUT UP!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Seen Nigerian Army Live Band Perform At An Event Before? Check This Out / Caption This Photo Of Amaechi And Bukola Saraki / El-Rufai Campaigns With Swag With His Convoy And Security Details (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.