Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General (40345 Views)

Kogi Supplementary Election Results / Tinubu Insists On Faleke For The Kogi Supplementary Election / Prince Mohammed Audu's For Kogi Governorship (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Realist2: 5:36pm On Nov 24, 2015
The AGF is now quoting section of 221 of 1999 constitution that the votes electorate cast is in favour of a political party, then i ask ; where was this man when the likes of Amaechi, Kwakwosor,gov. Abdul Fattah Ahmed of kwara state, and some PDP governors decamped with the mandates given to PDP to APC ?.
Judiciary more corrupt than politicians,in he who pay the pippers dictate the tune.
Nigeria has not changed and it will never change.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 24, 2015
samplegirl:
Nigerians deceiving themselves since 1914. Has anybody cared to ask why inec suddenly declared the election inconclusive the moment they got wind of Audu 's death.

Chai my people! There was no case of violence or rigging but all of a sudden the election became inconclusive and the death of a candidate announced. You can imagine if the candidate of Apga or a candidate that is not in the party that controls Aso Rock that died.

Hmmmmm! This change stinks.
Nice say sweetheart. i hv a word for u.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by greggng: 5:38pm On Nov 24, 2015
Why should a sane person be calling for fresh elections? It shows he or she doesn't appreciate the effort put in place to achieve the result we ve so far. Nigeria is broken and we cannot say since pdp is at the losing end so election has to start afresh. If the situation was reversed will pdp accept same condition? Untill pdp begin to accept change, their condition will remain unchanged. That means tears will never comot for their eyes
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by dantori(m): 5:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
johnpalmer774:

You know what , PDP will just be wasting their time by going to Court in regards of anything APC Does because at the end of the day APC will still win because it either the Courts rules that APC does not have Power to substitutes candidates again which means his Deputy automatically becomes a Governor or the court might rule that Audu Runner up in the Primaries election should have been his replacement which still means APC still Win so whatever arguments PDP may table in court the judgement will still go in APC way unless you want courts to declared the total Elections invalid because one of the candidate in election dies after casting his vote.

but the elections haven't been concluded yet what if from the 91 wards PDP gets higher votes anything can happen even though am not a PDP fan but It's still a level playing ground
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Otapipia: 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Deputy taking over is also termed Substitution. However that will be left for the Party to decide.

What is certain, is that, there won't be fresh election! Wada Got to go ASAP!

Deputy taking over isn't substitution. It is elevation.

1 Like

Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by noeloge82(m): 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2015
Only time shall tell
johnpalmer774:

You know what , PDP will just be wasting their time by going to Court in regards of anything APC Does because at the end of the day APC will still win because it either the Courts rules that APC does not have Power to substitutes candidates again which means his Deputy automatically becomes a Governor or the court might rule that Audu Runner up in the Primaries election should have been his replacement which still means APC still Win so whatever arguments PDP may table in court the judgement will still go in APC way unless you want courts to declared the total Elections invalid because one of the candidate in election dies after casting his vote.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by 6fit(f): 5:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
baby124:
Well it has to be Faleke because that is why there is a main candidate and a deputy. In case of situations like this. Same happened with GEJ and Yar Adua. It doesn't matter whether they have been elected as long as the process has started. If a ship's captain dies on a journey, the deputy takes over. You don't stop the ship and fly in a new captain to take over. That is absurd.

but we are not in a ship, we in a political arena
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Opinedecandid(m): 5:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
QatarPlayboy:

SHUT UP!

It's in your blood.
I'm not surprised.

Ii didn't expect a cow to give birth to a ship.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by erinalex: 5:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
wirinet:

Why should the AGF call for fresh election? What was wrong with the elections held and ascertained to be free and fair? Will you annul the elections? Elections have been held and declared valid, INEC no longer have the power to annul those elections, only the courts can do that.

The problem is not elections that had been held, the controversy is re-elections in the cancelled areas.
you should expect them to crave for fresh poll; remeber the case of the prostitute that lost her baby in the bible. She wanted king Solomon to kill the living baby that belong to the other prostitute.

1 Like

Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 24, 2015
Realist2:
The AGF is now quoting section of 221 of 1999 constitution that the votes electorate cast is in favour of a political party, then i ask ; where was this man when the likes of Amaechi, Kwakwosor,gov. Abdul Fattah Ahmed of kwara state, and some PDP governors decamped with the mandates given to PDP to APC ?.
[b]Judiciary more corrupt than politicians,[/b]in he who pay the pippers dictate the tune.
Nigeria has not changed and it will never change.
Judiciary is an arm of govt(an institution) while politicians re persons dat runs this arms(and judiciary is nt part of dis arms runed by politicians bcus judges that runs judiciary re nt recognise all over the world as politicians). so how come an institution is more corrupt than the people that runs it? you see wetin supporting pdp don do to ur brahn?
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
Opinedecandid:

It's in your blood. I'm not surprised.
Ii didn't expect a cow to give birth to a ship.
I said u shud SHUT UP. or are u mad?
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by chinchum(m): 5:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
I still maintain that APC should challenge inec on the feelers that the election ought not to have been declared inconclusive without the details of pvc collected in affected polling areas. INEC should declare pvcs collected in affected polling centres. Not all registered voters are eligible voters. A registered voter with no pvc is not an eligible voter.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Witi(m): 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2015
So what is the difference between APC and PDP are the not suppose to approach the court before making any move...........Hmmmmmmmm there will be serious legal battle on this their decision and I hope it will not backfire.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by campdavid2015: 6:00pm On Nov 24, 2015
Endtime Decision. Endtime AGF...............
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by tolux247(m): 6:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
baby124:
Well it has to be Faleke because that is why there is a main candidate and a deputy. In case of situations like this. Same happened with GEJ and Yar Adua. It doesn't matter whether they have been elected as long as the process has started. If a ship's captain dies on a journey, the deputy takes over. You don't stop the ship and fly in a new captain to take over. That is absurd.

It could only replace when they have SWON IN .... he has not been elected as well soo... dey could only replace cos people vote for APC not Audu ....
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by tolux247(m): 6:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
seunmsg:
The court will still have to decide on this matter. No matter the decision taken by INEC, the other party will still have a good ground to go to court.

No court will rule this INEC hve d final say on dis...
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by HALLOWED: 6:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
In as much as I would want APC to win, I won't support setting bad precedent. First of all AGF mentioned the power of substitution for a candidate dies but didn't add " before the election" as the law states.
I believe that election is to allow the majority to select whom they want to rule them. Therefore there should be a specified candidate throughout the election.
What sense does it make that in a single election some people will vote for a particular candidate and others vote for another candidate all for the same party?
I criticized the case of Amaechi vs INEC because it sets bad precedent.
If you say it is the party that has the vote, why should a Governor decamp from his party and still retain his position?
That is incongruent logic.
Electorates are voting based on the:
1) the Party ( Manifesto)
2) the credibility of the candidate.
If the too are not complete throughout the election, the election should be reconducted.

1 Like

Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Ameenameen: 6:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
the match between APC and PDP is on extra time now, the great Audu abubakar is about to be replaced by another player on APC bench, the player is is is is is is is ALHAJI YAHAYA BELLOOOOOOOOOOOH.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by tolux247(m): 6:11pm On Nov 24, 2015
Plus10:
I thought apc said they own kogi anytime anyday why are they afraid of fresh election...nonsense party!

See Anoda Issue
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by jackpot(f): 6:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
doctokwus:
Initially I felt Faleke shud automatically complete the process and a deputy chosen for him by the party,but on 2nd thought it cannot be right and just. This is because Faleke didn't contest the APC primaries,so how can he now assume the mandate that was won by the APC because Audu was preferred to Wada, not necessarily that Audu/Faleke were preferred to Wada/deputy.
In otherwords, Faleke's electoral value is not that much, left on the ticket as a main, APC might have lost.
So the logical thing I feel shud be done is for APC to organize another primary while Faleke remains the deputy.
warped logic. If you were Faleke, how will you feel? What if Audu died in office? If that new person to be nominated was so good, why wasn't he made the deputy instead of Faleke?
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Dexema(m): 6:33pm On Nov 24, 2015
doctokwus:
Initially I felt Faleke shud automatically complete the process and a deputy chosen for him by the party,but on 2nd thought it cannot be right and just. This is because Faleke didn't contest the APC primaries,so how can he now assume the mandate that was won by the APC because Audu was preferred to Wada, not necessarily that Audu/Faleke were preferred to Wada/deputy.
In otherwords, Faleke's electoral value is not that much, left on the ticket as a main, APC might have lost.
So the logical thing I feel shud be done is for APC to organize another primary while Faleke remains the deputy.
you are making a lot of sense, but for the sake of transparency we have to agree some people indirectly benefit from such situations just as GEJ did with yaradua, we cannot also dispute the fact that Faleke added some value no matter how small to the ticket. it would look somewhat absurd to go and bring the runner up at the apc primaries as governorship candidate of an almost complete electoral process.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 24, 2015
dantori:

Fair plus if given the mandate should consolidate on Abubakar Audu's legacies while strengthening his own agenda he should forget whatever grievances they May have had , May Allah grant all the dead Muslims Aljanatil Firdaus including May late Dad. Ameen
Amin na ya Allah including my late brother and my Dad.

1 Like

Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by etim20(m): 6:36pm On Nov 24, 2015
maupe:
This is totally unacceptable. The AGF should have called for fresh elections. So as to have a fair and free dispensation, a fresh election is the only thing that should have sufficed. If INEC wants to be taken serious, they should discountenance the AGF's interpretation and announce a day for Fresh elections. This is Fraud.
This case is self explanatory cause in the case of omeha and Amechi,the then opposition parties didn't go to court because Amechi didn't contest against them but was asked to be sworn in..
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Rajjah(f): 6:36pm On Nov 24, 2015
baby124:
Which ship? undecided
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Joesurubu: 6:37pm On Nov 24, 2015
Hummm in this case now is people voting for party?abi for person?,is party going to work 4 people abi is person mind that will work 4 his people?
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Prazmira(m): 6:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
baby124:

I don't think you have done through section 181(1) of our constitution and the electoral act. The issue is simple, the aspirant that scored the second highest vote during primaries stands the chance to replace the late candidate. Read section 33 of the Electoral Acts
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by agabusta: 6:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
adadadon:

don you understand English
1 Faleke is not qualified because he did not participate in the primaries
2 A Primaries was held and a second position emerged
3 Audu/faleke ticket is not yet elected

1. The mandate Audu got at the primaries has been handed both to him and the Deputy by the virtue of him selecting Faleke as his Deputy.

Looking at it at another angle. After emerging the party's candidate, authority has been imposed on him by the party to make certain important decisions. One of such decision is the selection of who succeeds him per adventure he is unable to discharge the duties of the party's candidate (As a governor) and he selected Faleke.

That decision is binding on the party. Take it to any court.

It is not only through primaries that a party can present a candidate.

A candidate can emerge by General consensus of the party as was the case in Benue state, which PDP challenged at the tribunal and lost, and even challenged at the appeal court and still lost.

2. There is no where it is written in all of our laws, that if anything happens to the flagbearer, that the person that emerged 2nd during the primaries should be handed the mandate.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by kahal29: 6:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
In the light of the new development. I think Yahaya bello should replace Audu since he came second in the primaries to avoid any legal loophole the other parties might want to exploit. For the Igala's they already have a minister in the person of ocholi who happens to come from the same Dekina LGA with wada, the okuns have the deputy in the person of faleke while the Ebira's will now be allowed to produce the Governor. I think this will balance things in the state. In addittion, to appease the Igala's the more maybe they should also be allowed to produce the speaker while the okun's will produce the deputy speaker of the house of assembly. House what do you think?
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by MIM77(m): 6:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
End of the road for Wada and Pdp. Pdp needs at least 46000 votes out of 49000 cancelled votes, which is more like the camel passing thru the eye of the needle.
Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by wirinet(m): 6:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
HALLOWED:
In as much as I would want APC to win, I won't support setting bad precedent. First of all AGF mentioned the power of substitution for a candidate dies but didn't add " before the election" as the law states.
I believe that election is to allow the majority to select whom they want to rule them. Therefore there should be a specified candidate throughout the election.
What sense does it make that in a single election some people will vote for a particular candidate and others vote for another candidate all for the same party?
I criticized the case of Amaechi vs INEC because it sets bad precedent.
If you say it is the party that has the vote, why should a Governor decamp from his party and still retain his position?
That is incongruent logic.
Electorates are voting based on the:
1) the Party ( Manifesto)
2) the credibility of the candidate.
If the too are not complete throughout the election, the election should be reconducted.

You people love to criticize for the sake of criticizing, you just criticize emotionally just because you do not like the personality favoured by judicial descisions. If you followed the Amaechi case you will realize that it was a sound decision.
Amaechi fulfilled all the conditions set out in the electorial laws to become a governor. He won the primaries supervised by INEC, his name was sent to INEC as their governorship candidiate, he campaigned vigourously in all local government areas. But in PDP's abracadadraism of those days, his name was subsituted two days to elections (without valid reasons), because Obasanjo said Amaechi had K-leg. The person he was substituted with did not contest the primaries, so the supreme court declared he was not a valid nominated candidiate, and the validly nominated candidiate was Amaechi. Now, the supreme courts would have ordered for a fresh elections, but that would not have changed the situation, because the PDP could not have conducted another primaries in order to allow celestine Omehia contest, so Amaechi would still have been the PDP candidiate. So the supreme court had no choice but to declare Amaechi governor

1 Like

Re: APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General by Iykesurv: 6:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
Politics of KOGI Is not all about party, is all about tribe, Igala cannot allow Egbira or Okun to come into power, if APC is to field Faleke I see them loosing but I prefer Fair plus to every other candidate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Amaechi And Bukola Saraki / El-Rufai Campaigns With Swag With His Convoy And Security Details (Photo) / Labour Party’s Maths Professor Prepared Reports For Only Two States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.