Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) (39886 Views)

Where Is Your President? CNN Asks Nigerians / Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement / Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Montaque(m): 6:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
Image123:

There's nothing highhanded about the matter. What is the point of summoning him? Is it a test of humility, obedience or righteousness? Is it a show of power, control,ridicule or frustration? Anyone that reads the news knows already where the buck presently lies. The money to be paid is to be approved by the Senate. The NNPC has been openly and daily talking about the scarcity and the volume they dispense. It's not like Diezani time when nobody knew what was going on.
hope you will have this excuse to give continually till he relinquishes that position for one of his lieutenants.
He is always always right, above board like ceaser'ceaser's wife.
anything the senate will do to correct the situation shouldn't involve summoning pmb, that's How u want us to go as a nation.
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by DropShot: 6:19pm On Nov 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Eiyaa... PassingShot the second grin

So you're not happy that we're calling B00HARI his befitting name?... Brace up zombie. More on the way, It's not bitterness or frustration, IT'S JUST THE FACT.

B00HARI IS A DULL'ARD.

Cc: kodded
You're a sadist. Pure and simple. I don't do deranged fellows. I suppose that Passingshot is your nemesis on this forum.
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by SeverusSnape(m): 6:22pm On Nov 24, 2015
DropShot:

You're a sadist. Pure and simple. I don't do deranged fellows. I suppose that Passingshot is your nemesis on this forum.
You're a zombie. PassingShot is a zombie-esque fellow too. I have no nemesis in this life. My only nemesis is death.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by lumeneng22: 6:24pm On Nov 24, 2015
Yes oooooooooooo
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
Yes they should invite the Petroleum minister.
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Xano(m): 6:34pm On Nov 24, 2015
With all due respect to @NGRSenate, that's a stupid question. It is within your authority and power to surmon the Minister of Petroleum, whoever he is.

Very unfortunate question.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 24, 2015
searching4l0ve:
undecided IMPOSSIBLE. HE IS THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF AND NO ONE QUESTIONS HIS AUTHORITY. YOU SHOULD RATHER INVITE GEJ AND DIEZANI WHO LOOTED ALL THE MONEY IN THE OIL SECTOR. EVEN IF BUHARI NO DO ANY THING FOR 4 YEARS, WE WILL VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN FOR HELPING US SEND GEJ BACK TO OTUOKE. SAI BUHARI cool
by the time 2/3 impeach him then you will know whether is unquestionable
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by vikeyz(m): 6:36pm On Nov 24, 2015
#countdownblackfriday by right he should

Chk my signature to book your order NOV 27TH is the day
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by frankilolo: 6:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
Why not? The senate is inviting his excellency on the capacity as the minister for petroleum not as Mr president.
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by IbokUtoroh(m): 6:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Ofcourse, they can invite Mr President but he will send Kachikwu(Min of State) or a Special Adviser or even a Perm Sec grin represent him. Obasanjo did it(he sent an SA to respond to House summon), Yar'adua did it, Jonathan did it(he sent Diezianni) and Diezani did it(She ignored them at a point). There is nothing they can do about it!

The solution is to remove the subsidy. #nostory

n u think say we from this oart of the south go gree?
yaribas been gree mek gej remove am?
abeg suggest anoda thing or go sleep.

was gej d minister for petroleum?
was yaradua d minister for petroleum?
stop playing mikel obi bros, if u wan decamp act like drogba.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Mbediogu(m): 6:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
[quote author=Busolami2015 post=40360006][/quote]

Dont tempt PMB. He is heavy laden and burdened. Was senate not part of the problem till now? The problem of Nigeria can make even the most stoic jelly and mental. Lets watch and pray.
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Image123(m): 6:58pm On Nov 24, 2015
Montaque:

hope you will have this excuse to give continually till he relinquishes that position for one of his lieutenants.
He is always always right, above board like ceaser'ceaser's wife.
anything the senate will do to correct the situation shouldn't involve summoning pmb, that's How u want us to go as a nation.

It is not an excuse, it is the fact. The Presidency has long approved that over 400billion be paid for the subsidy as that's the purported cause of scarcities by marketers. The Senate is to approve that, they met today, I dunno if they approved it. What we are hearing is opinion poll on whether to summon President. Who is deceiving who?
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by DropShot: 6:59pm On Nov 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:

You're a zombie. PassingShot is a zombie-esque fellow too. I have no nemesis in this life. My only nemesis is death.

Yeah, I can tell you got no nemesis but you keep barking his moniker like a rabid dog that you are despite that he has largely ignored you. Compound fool you are. Abeg swerve joor!
You wont get any further reply from me. Omo ale.
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by balancediet(m): 7:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
Did they ask us B4 they shared their money? F*#ked up pipo
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Ofcourse, they can invite Mr President but he will send Kachikwu(Min of State) or a Special Adviser or even a Perm Sec grin represent him. Obasanjo did it(he sent an SA to respond to House summon), Yar'adua did it, Jonathan did it(he sent Diezianni) and Diezani did it(She ignored them at a point). There is nothing they can do about it!

The solution is to remove the subsidy. #nostory
grin ;DBarcanista what is going on these days?

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by laporsche40: 7:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
Abeg..make dem summon me instead of pmb..I go tell dem wetin bring about fuel scarcity
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:09pm On Nov 24, 2015
The Senators are trying to play on our intelligence grin
JJJC:
grin ;DBarcanista what is going on these days?
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by SeverusSnape(m): 7:13pm On Nov 24, 2015
DropShot:

Yeah, I can tell you got no nemesis but you keep barking his moniker like a rabid dog that you are despite that he has largely ignored you. Compound fool you are. Abeg swerve joor!
You wont get any further reply from me. Omo ale.

Fool. You are PassingShot!!!... You're a buharistic scum.

Paid sycophantic zombie!... You think I don't know you??

This is your useless Parody account you use to say more trashy trash.

Almajiri...

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Aaam(m): 7:15pm On Nov 24, 2015
kodded:

undecided undecided

they should summon the dulllard asap

undecided undecided

buhari is nt a dullard... He is a man of more knowledge than jonathan...
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The Senators are trying to play on our intelligence grin
I know but I'm talking about all your comments since that issue of Biafra, to be honest with you this is what most of us that read your comments expected of you.
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Mortiano(m): 7:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
searching4l0ve:
undecided IMPOSSIBLE. HE IS THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF AND NO ONE QUESTIONS HIS AUTHORITY. YOU SHOULD RATHER INVITE GEJ AND DIEZANI WHO LOOTED ALL THE MONEY IN THE OIL SECTOR. EVEN IF BUHARI NO DO ANY THING FOR 4 YEARS, WE WILL VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN FOR HELPING US SEND GEJ BACK TO OTUOKE. SAI BUHARI cool

see ur life.... quite pathetic
just full of hatred, I pity ur generation
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by abbey621(m): 7:23pm On Nov 24, 2015
Blueeyedboi:
...They are summoning the petroleum minister to come and explain why there is scarcity of petrol....where did you read they wanna summon a sitting president..olodo

Ignorance! Who is the petroleum minister, who is the president? The same person right! Can you summon one without the order, didirin!
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Montaque(m): 7:29pm On Nov 24, 2015
Image123:

It is not an excuse, it is the fact. The Presidency has long approved that over 400billion be paid for the subsidy as that's the purported cause of scarcities by marketers. The Senate is to approve that, they met today, I dunno if they approved it. What we are hearing is opinion poll on whether to summon President. Who is deceiving who?
So once the president earmarks the money, the senate should approve it without asking question.
What then is their duties?
if they thought it fit not to approve until they hear from the minister in charge on the long term plan to curb this menace, is it out of place?
Maybe you still don't see that we are still rotating round the circumference of subsidy, what other plan do we have? That's why u appoint a minister, it's not just an office, it's a responsibility.
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by mosesdejaviano(m): 7:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
IMPOSSIBLE. HE IS THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF AND NO ONE QUESTIONS HIS AUTHORITY. YOU SHOULD RATHER INVITE GEJ AND DIEZANI WHO LOOTED ALL THE MONEY IN THE OIL SECTOR. EVEN IF BUHARI NO DO ANY THING FOR 4 YEARS, WE WILL VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN FOR HELPING US SEND GEJ BACK TO OTUOKE. SAI BUHARI.

If this are the kind of people that the government is ruling upon, I cry for this country.
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2015
Busolami2015:
it wil be of respect , if he answer them

And what do you make of that?
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Sanchase: 7:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
What a useless Senate, how can you effectively be part of an economy when you deliberate on whether to invite or not invite a President who is responsible for the fuel crisis.

In a developed society, a President spends half of his tenure answering questions and providing information at every situation faced by the economy. But in Nigeria the reverse is the case, the Senate is afraid to invite him to answer questions due to fear of being probed in reverse.

SHAME ON YOU ALL EPITOME OF FAILURE !!!

Nigeria needs to amend the constitution governing the Senate and the President, they need to be Independent. The transition period when election is lost by an incumbent President and take over by the Newly elect President needs to be amended to an hour.

Get to work you dumb fools...
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by daveyjay(m): 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
ministeriallist:

I can see Buhari walking into Senate and saying: "Dinstiguished Senators, I am still fighting kwaruption. No time for fuel matter now. You feefull in the all progressive confidence can bear me witness walahi when you fight kwaruption, kwaruption is fight back". When we finish the fight we shall address the issue fuel scarcity.

Yeeeeeeee!
We are all sitting down on a lonnnnnng thing!

Bad ass niqqa, buhari musn't see this...lmao
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by sirpnwa(m): 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
yes they should invite him.let him drop the rank of president and put on the rank pf minister since is diffrent office. baba come & tell us why we no get fu.
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Freeman50(m): 8:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
So, this is how this man is going to rule us....as a petroleum prime minister and a president @ same time. They know what they are doing. Still asking this " when is Nigeria going to be well"?
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Image123(m): 8:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
Montaque:

So once the president earmarks the money, the senate should approve it without asking question.
What then is their duties?
if they thought it fit not to approve until they hear from the minister in charge on the long term plan to curb this menace, is it out of place?
Maybe you still don't see that we are still rotating round the circumference of subsidy, what other plan do we have? That's why u appoint a minister, it's not just an office, it's a responsibility.

They are asking about plans to address the fuel scarcity, what other plans should there be than to pay up the debts. Shouldn't that be the start? If subsidy is removed tonight, does that end the scarcity? Of course no. The complain of the marketers is that they are owed. The Senate cannot think it fit not to pay their debts, it's irrational to think such. The other plan is very clear and visible on the dailies; there's ongoing renegotiation and reduction of the subsidy claims which is obviously not auguring well with the marketers, hence the sabotage. There's attempts to make refineries come alive both private and government owned. This will reduce import and subsidy. There was televised rebidding just last week or so for oil swap and import arrangements.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Boko Haram, ISWAP Terrorists Who Surrendered / What APC Used To Deceive Shehu Sani - Ben Bruce / Omisore Joins Oyetola & Ooni Of Ife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.