Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:40 AM

Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) (40029 Views)

Where Is Your President? CNN Asks Nigerians / Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement / Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Dbisector(m): 8:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
If yhey cant invite the petroleum minister, they don't know their work
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Montaque(m): 8:17pm On Nov 24, 2015
Image123:

They are asking about plans to address the fuel scarcity, what other plans should there be than to pay up the debts. Shouldn't that be the start? If subsidy is removed tonight, does that end the scarcity? Of course no. The complain of the marketers is that they are owed. The Senate cannot think it fit not to pay their debts, it's irrational to think such. The other plan is very clear and visible on the dailies; there's ongoing renegotiation and reduction of the subsidy claims which is obviously not auguring well with the marketers, hence the sabotage. There's attempts to make refineries come alive both private and government owned. This will reduce import and subsidy. There was televised rebidding just last week or so for oil swap and import arrangements.

If you agree the senate has power to approve the payment of the debt, you can't on the same breath deny them the right to ask questions About it.
You can't defend the long run implication of this, if the minister of the federation never appear before the senate.
The plans you say are on the dailies are not before the senate properly so called. So don't claim that he has ever intimated the senate on this so called plans.
The bottom line is that once u agree to take a portfolio, you inherit the privileges n liabilities that comes with it.
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by DropShot: 8:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Fool. You are PassingShot!!!... You're a buharistic scum.

Paid sycophantic zombie!... You think I don't know you??

This is your useless Parody account you use to say more trashy trash.

Almajiri...
I can't help your foolishness and stupidity.
grin cool
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by kulekaa(m): 8:24pm On Nov 24, 2015
captainflash:
And who told u that crap? upon all these issue of fuel scarcity? if he's summon, he should come and defence himself..

chi-kai-naa!!!
I think it should b defend n not defence
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by SeverusSnape(m): 8:26pm On Nov 24, 2015
DropShot:
I can't help your foolishness and stupidity. grin cool
Hehehehehehehehehehe grin grin
PassingShot the second grin
You can't hide under another account for too long.
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by HastaCuando(m): 8:37pm On Nov 24, 2015
Seriously, you are asking such question?.... If is the normal process, stop wasting our time. You have fuel, we dont! Call the Minister if that will give a clue to what the heck is going on! That "Minister's attention" should as well go to https://www.nairaland.com/2759300/federal-government-bea-scholarship-students
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by zeekeyboy: 8:42pm On Nov 24, 2015
ministeriallist:

I can see Buhari walking into Senate and saying: "Dinstiguished Senators, I am still fighting kwaruption. No time for fuel matter now. You feefull in the all progressive confidence can bear me witness walahi when you fight kwaruption, kwaruption is fight back". When we finish the fight we shall address the issue fuel scarcity.

Yeeeeeeee!
We are all sitting down on a lonnnnnng thing!
u really killed me
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Alhajipaulo(m): 8:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
Bobbystanley:
You think you can summon a dictator to the Senate?

You guys are on a long thing.

Where would you even see him to summon him when he is yet to travel to Cuba, Pakistan and so on.

punch line of the day.. hehe
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by ldpele(m): 8:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Ofcourse, they can invite Mr President but he will send Kachikwu(Min of State) or a Special Adviser or even a Perm Sec grin represent him. Obasanjo did it(he sent an SA to respond to House summon), Yar'adua did it, Jonathan did it(he sent Diezianni) and Diezani did it(She ignored them at a point). There is nothing they can do about it!

The solution is to remove the subsidy. #nostory
tonye, pls I should b able to know what the slight removal by the previous administration did to the issue of fuel scarcity in Nigeria have achieved before thinking of the removal of fuel subsidy.
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by bashydemy(m): 8:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
captainflash:
And who told u that crap? upon all these issue of fuel scarcity? if he's summon, he should come and defend himself..

chi-kai-naa!!!
That arrant nonsense, So you mean Buhari should come and stand in the cabin? I trust my President he won't even answer them instead Kachikwu will go instead..
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Haryohdeji(m): 8:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
INTROVERT:
can they.... He won't even answer them..
Y won't he no answer? He is old 2 diff post...1) the president n 2) the minister of petroleum... The issue ahead of him to address is on petroleum issue as the minister... So in this case he could answer as normal minister of petroleum. The only mistake Nigerian did is by allowing him to be President n Minister of petroleum @ d same time.
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by melvin0004(m): 9:42pm On Nov 24, 2015
[quote author=searching4l0ve post=40361806][b] undecided IMPOSSIBLE. HE IS THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF AND NO ONE QUESTIONS HIS AUTHORITY. YOU SHOULD RATHER INVITE GEJ AND DIEZANI WHO LOOTED ALL THE MONEY IN THE OIL SECTOR. EVEN IF BUHARI NO DO ANY THING FOR 4 YEARS, WE WILL VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN FOR HELPING US SEND GEJ BACK TO OTUOKE. SAI BUHARI cool[uote chicken brain
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by chortlelegacy(m): 9:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
searching4l0ve:
undecided IMPOSSIBLE. HE IS THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF AND NO ONE QUESTIONS HIS AUTHORITY. YOU SHOULD RATHER INVITE GEJ AND DIEZANI WHO LOOTED ALL THE MONEY IN THE OIL SECTOR. EVEN IF BUHARI NO DO ANY THING FOR 4 YEARS, WE WILL VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN FOR HELPING US SEND GEJ BACK TO OTUOKE. SAI BUHARI cool

Are you sure you understand what you are saying? What do you think is the course of the scarcity? Do you know how much Goodluck and Diezani saved this country.
PMB is finding it difficult to keep paying the subsidy to Marketers.
There's a possibility he can push for the complete removal, but you know what that means for Nigerians. But it would have been more terrible if Goodluck had not initially cut down on the subsidy.
You need to be positive in your contribution.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Image123(m): 11:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
Montaque:

If you agree the senate has power to approve the payment of the debt, you can't on the same breath deny them the right to ask questions About it.
You can't defend the long run implication of this, if the minister of the federation never appear before the senate.
The plans you say are on the dailies are not before the senate properly so called. So don't claim that he has ever intimated the senate on this so called plans.
The bottom line is that once u agree to take a portfolio, you inherit the privileges n liabilities that comes with it.

You don't get it. From time to time, the President can appear before anybody as occasion warrants, or send a representative. The context and purpose of this particular case is what is laughable and ludicrous, not the instance of the President's appearance. It's childish and foolish of the Senate to be asking what is been done about fuel scarcity, they already know what is been done. In fact, they are the ones we should be asking. It's protocol and Constitution for them to also approve,it's not a plea or help they are offering, it's balance and 'synergy'. It is not news that government pays subsidy. It's not news that not enough was budgeted for subsidy, hence the need for a supplementary budget.
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Beadex1(m): 1:16am On Nov 25, 2015
searching4l0ve:
undecided IMPOSSIBLE. HE IS THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF AND NO ONE QUESTIONS HIS AUTHORITY. YOU SHOULD RATHER INVITE GEJ AND DIEZANI WHO LOOTED ALL THE MONEY IN THE OIL SECTOR. EVEN IF BUHARI NO DO ANY THING FOR 4 YEARS, WE WILL VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN FOR HELPING US SEND GEJ BACK TO OTUOKE. SAI BUHARI cool
Bros abeg no vex ooo....wetin u De smoke were high u like this I for like taste am .mbok

3 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Nani2512(m): 3:09am On Nov 25, 2015
I don't think baba body odder will allow the to do the needful

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by getrich(m): 6:24am On Nov 25, 2015
Finally someone who know what is going on speak out.

Image123:
For what? The plans to address scarcity is common knowledge. The FG has asked for supplementary budget from which over 400billion naira is to be paid for subsidy and the Senate is to approve that. Also open bidding was recently done by NNPC for those involved in our crude to get the most capable and better deals after the cancelled swaps. This is unlike when we didn't know what Diezani and NOI were doing and they didn't even care.
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by enginer050(m): 6:57am On Nov 25, 2015
domopps:

Your eng teacher deserves a mega award for a job well done..........

Senate has the power to summon anybody....

Cheeeeeers

even if na ur papaaa
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by ChynoBEATS: 7:15am On Nov 25, 2015
INTROVERT:
can they.... He won't even answer them..

Everybody summoned must appear
Such law cannot be pushed aside

....... He has no choice
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by mrmetoo1: 8:11am On Nov 25, 2015
We all know this is for show, even if he honors their invitation they'll just throw softballs at him. They'll spend half the time apologizing for "interrupting his busy schedule", then spend the remaining half answering the questions they're asking him before he even answers them. If they're serious however, which I believe they should do, they need to invite the minister of state/NNPC GMD. I believe that'll have a more productive outcome.
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by BraniacX(m): 8:20am On Nov 25, 2015
searching4l0ve:

Just can't resist the temptation to call you "I.D.I.O.T" especially seeing as you indeed are an 1diot of the 1st order undecided
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Montaque(m): 9:01am On Nov 25, 2015
Image123:

You don't get it. From time to time, the President can appear before anybody as occasion warrants, or send a representative. The context and purpose of this particular case is what is laughable and ludicrous, not the instance of the President's appearance. It's childish and foolish of the Senate to be asking what is been done about fuel scarcity, they already know what is been done. In fact, they are the ones we should be asking. It's protocol and Constitution for them to also approve,it's not a plea or help they are offering, it's balance and 'synergy'. It is not news that government pays subsidy. It's not news that not enough was budgeted for subsidy, hence the need for a supplementary budget.

Hope we can get to a time when it is proper to invite your hero to the floor of the senate?
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by DECOtech(m): 9:38am On Nov 26, 2015
I thought GEJ was the clueless one.
Re: Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) by Image123(m): 12:33pm On Nov 26, 2015
Montaque:

Hope we can get to a time when it is proper to invite your hero to the floor of the senate?

He's not my hero,he's simply Nigeria's President and i happen to be a citizen. Why should we get to a time or hope to get to a time when it is proper/necessary to invite the President to the Senate? Are they celebrating there or you don't understand the implications? We should not be hoping for problem IMO.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Andy Uba's Daughter Called To Bar (Photo) / Lawan Shuts Down Motion Seeking To Debate Buhari’s Democracy Day Speech / About One-Third Of Nigeria’s Ministers Attended Same University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.