Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un (16079 Views)

Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" / Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum / Rivers Tribunal: How Area Commander Supervised Ballot Thumb-printing –Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by Living4christ(m): 5:11pm On Nov 24, 2015
THE FORTH COMING UNITED NATIONS SUPERVISE REFERENDUM FOR SELF-DETERMINATION IN BIAFRA; THIS IS TRUE:

As you are reading this message this afternoon,if you are not basking in the euphoria of uncomprehending ignorance on the current Nigeria versus Biafran situation, I am using this avenue to inform you that very soon,there will be a united Nations sponsored,supervised and conducted Referendum for self-determination in Biafra, to authenticate whether the Biafran majority choose to remain with the rest of Nigeria or not.

Currently the Biafran Nationalists against the threat of a military clampdown and daily pan-one Nigeria intimidation,were already tidying up all the necessary documentation in fulfillment of the UN guidelines on referendum for self-determination.What Biafrans were waiting for currently is not whether the referendum will hold but the date when United Nations will fix for the conduct of the referendum on its agitation for Biafra’s statehood.There are many classified information the Nigerian Government and media organizations are hiding from public consumption and let all those calling for declaration of war against Biafra to note that;any such declaration will bring about a war beyond borders. Let all Biafrans return home to register for the forth coming referendum by registering to vote either Yes or No for a sovereign status for Biafra or for them to vote No to vote no to remain under one Nigeria.It is only 60% of the either Yes or No Votes that will determine the reality or unreality of the all process for self-determination.

No Nigeria involvement will be requested once the date of the referendum is granted by the united Nations.It is only the Biafrans that will only be asked to do the needful under international law.And there is nothing any power and Authority can do about this again.

Many myopic one Nigeria imperial overlords and gullible citizens and the members of their useless slavish armed forces, seem to forget that this is the age of asymmetrical war,wars without borders,wars most armies are unprepared and poorly equipped to fight,wars in which territories reclaimed by regular armies cannot be held in the face of radicalized and suicidal militants.Had the Nigerian -Biafran war of the 60s been fought today,the outcome would probably have been different.

The issues of Biafra Actualization as a newest Sovereign State has gone beyond what any power within Nigeria can stop and not even the 20 billion naria extended by the Nigerian State to core- Igbo- Leaders, socio- cultural and traditional groupings,professional profiteers and puppeteers,public and private sectors practitioners and politicians from Eastern extractions, can stop the millions revolution for the berth of a Biafra country.The forth coming Referendum is going to be done by individual voting and not by group representing millions of individuals.

If the North had not arrogantly opposed True-Federalism cum Regional Autonomy, to re-create a balance federation with a workable and understandable resources control mechanism and fiscal federalism,this Biafra re-generation, will have not have gathered the huge momentum and will probably will had been nip in the bud,but since the entire South of Nigeria is designed as a British cum Hausa-Fulani private property,in a master-servant political and economic relationship, then Biafra and many other countries that, so desire to be sovereign independent nations,will spring up from a disintegrated Nigeria.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by ify2016: 5:12pm On Nov 24, 2015
Why be say the agitation no high when Jona dey there.

Biafra is a country which must be achieve in a very long distance time.

I don't want wetin happen to my great grand father happen to our generation.

May God bless us so that Unity of 60's be restored once again. Let the spirit of self interest be discarded and atmosphere of Love be promoted.

I don talk my own o. Mek we use our brain do something and resist any form of violence.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by Prodigee: 5:13pm On Nov 24, 2015
okay
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by kelvincoll(m): 5:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
if true, then its a nice development towards actualisation or not. Approaching the UN and other world bodies would have been Director's Kanu first and continous option other than the hate speech.

I must field IPOB for the cordinated protest without violence these past weeks, however i am an advocate of dialogue were all parties can disagree to agree

In other news i wud expect Prof Osibanjo as d Legal face of dis admin to champion issues on national restructuing. The recently aubmitted National confab report can be a start

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by jaymejate: 5:19pm On Nov 24, 2015
So weytin concern me
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by superstar1(m): 5:21pm On Nov 24, 2015
Joker.

What even stops you from having the referendum next week?

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by swagaholic: 5:22pm On Nov 24, 2015
BIAFRA or death.....

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by mirabel001(f): 5:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
all hail biafra....d land of rising sun...some idiats wil nt bliv dis...i strongly bliv it whether 2ru or false coz i knw it wil surely happen

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by referandum(m): 5:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
idonbelivit ive been watching cnn aljazera and bbc al day nothing to this effect has been mentioned at all still watching sha
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by Jaideyone(m): 5:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
haha a referendum without the support of the federal government of Nigeria is dead on arrival!!! if you doubt me ask the Catalans grin

BTW that referendum is only happening in your dream

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by akinsbaba2015: 5:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
JOKERS

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
@OP where is ya source?

Secondly, I suggest Igbos to reach out to elders and leaders of minority tribes around and table a clear agenda and manifesto before them to gain their support.

We can work towards a regional system of government between the five SE states and any other groups in the SS that are convinced to be part of the new country. I believe this ought to have been done before coming out with any maps. You don't just get up and draw maps in the UK and begin to publish online as Biafra. When did we make solid agreements with these guys around us?

Very importantly the name should not be Biafra. Something like Lower Niger Republic should do.

Please take away that map.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by EternalTruths: 6:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
Jaideyone:
haha a referendum without the support of the federal government of Nigeria is dead on arrival!!! if you doubt me ask the Catalans grin

BTW that referendum is only happening in your dream

Illiteracy is a disease

Did the UN sort approval from Sudan before conducting Referendum for South Sudan

Go school you say no

Illiterate with a system grin

20 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by Duru1(m): 6:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
@OP where is ya source?

Secondly, I suggest Igbos to reach out to elders and leaders of minority tribes around and table a clear agenda and manifesto before them to gain their support.

We can work towards a regional system of government between the five SE states and any other groups in the SS that are convinced to be part of the new country. I believe this ought to have been done before coming out with any maps. You don't just get up and draw maps in the UK and begin to publish online as Biafra. When did we make solid agreements with these guys around us?

Very importantly the name should not be Biafra. Something like Lower Niger Republic should do.

Per the bolded, I guess a reasonable fellow does not reach out to turncoats. Any Nigerian who is a true neighbor of Ndiigbo and treasures self-determination and self control of destiny should willingly join the quest with IPOB.

12 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by demielvis: 6:12pm On Nov 24, 2015
EternalTruths:
Go school you say no

You forgot there are no schools in the zoo

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by thewarrior72: 6:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
Op, please dont give brownies heart attack, not now that all their states are insolvent and their civil servants begging to eat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by achi4u(m): 6:22pm On Nov 24, 2015
With that referendum Biafra is assured, 90% of Igbos and their SS brothers will willingly vote in favor of The new State-Biafria.

9 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 24, 2015
Duru1:

Per the bolded, I guess a reasonable fellow does not reach out to turncoats. Any Nigerian who is a true neighbor of Ndiigbo and treasures self-determination and self control of destiny should willingly join the quest with IPOB.

Things are not done this way. There should at least be an attempt to reach out to these people with a clear agenda and manifesto. Starting a new country calls for a lot of mental work which I have not observed on the part of IPOB.

If you descibe them as turncoats then why include them in ya map?

7 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by Jaideyone(m): 6:24pm On Nov 24, 2015
EternalTruths:

Illiteracy is a disease

Did the UN sort approval from Sudan before conducting Referendum for South Sudan

Go school you say no

dunce the UN can not just come into a country and conduct referendum without the support of the government of the country. you should read about Catalan referendum and cure your ignorance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by achi4u(m): 6:27pm On Nov 24, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Things are not done this way. There should at least be an attempt to reach out to these people with a clear agenda and manifesto. Starting a new country calls for a lot of mental work which I have not observed on the part of IPOB.

If you descibe them as turncoats then why include them in ya map?
Well, what u said is some what true but it is only 'a living death' inside this present Nigeria will give it a second thought, probably those that have their businesses outside Igboland

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by thewarrior72: 6:27pm On Nov 24, 2015
EternalTruths:

Illiteracy is a disease

Go school you say no

He is not an illiterate per say, rather a product of awo's free education.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
thewarrior72:
Op, please dont give brownies heart attack, not now that all their states are insolvent and their civil servants begging to eat.
gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by Emmalaw10(m): 6:34pm On Nov 24, 2015
Good news!
O nwebero ihe ifu!
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by Chigold101(m): 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
ify2016:
Why be say the agitation no high when Jona dey there.

Biafra is a country which must be achieve in a very long distance time.

I don't want wetin happen to my great grand father happen to our generation.

May God bless us so that Unity of 60's be restored once again. Let the spirit of self interest be discarded and atmosphere of Love be promoted.

I don talk my own o. Mek we use our brain do something and resist any form of violence.
I hate to see this fool ish questions anytime Biafra is mentioned.
I don't know how old you are but if you were matured enough before 2007 you will know that OBJ jailed Uwazulike and Yaradua released him.
Radio Biafra started broadcasting I'm 2009 but all the while GEJ never gave them any publicity.
In 2014 around February Biafra Zionist movement tried taking over Enugu state government house.
In 2013... Mr Obi shot some members of MASSOB and so many other things,

Now this agitation got to this level because Bubu is not wise enough like Yaradua and GEJ. Bubu and his brainless officers made this IPOB matter bigger and even better.

What men fear most always befall them. stand up for a thing and fight for it.

Biafrans do not want war. What they want is referendum and nothing more.

Modified... If I had seen your DP before I wouldn't have replied this you post. I doubt the type of person you are...

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by EternalTruths: 6:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
Jaideyone:
dunce the UN can not just come into a country and conduct referendum without the support of the government of the country. you should read about Catalan referendum and cure your ignorance

Olodo

Go back to Sudan and South Sudan grin
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by Chigold101(m): 6:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
EternalTruths:

Olodo

tell him more bro....

This is for those who always compare with Sudan... Why must you compare with Sudan and Southern Sudan?
What made you think that Biafra will not learn from the mistakes of those guys?
Abeegi... For the fact your neighbour couldn't manage his success does not mean you can manage yours. So you better grow up.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by EternalTruths: 6:47pm On Nov 24, 2015
Chigold101:
why must you compare with Sudan and Southern Sudan?
What made you think that Biafra will not learn from the mistakes of those guys?
Abeegi... For the fact your neighbour couldn't manage his success does not mean you can manage yours. So you better grow up.

Did you read my earlier post

I told the guy that UN don't need Nigeria approval before conducting Referendum in Biafrans cool
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by IGBOSON1: 6:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
Chigold101:
I hate to see this fool ish questions anytime Biafra is mentioned.
I don't know how old you are but if you were matured enough before 2007 you will know that OBJ jailed Uwazulike and Yaradua released him.
Radio Biafra started broadcasting I'm 2009 but all the while GEJ never gave them any publicity.
In 2014 around February Biafra Zionist movement tried taking over Enugu state government house.
In 2013... Mr Obi shot some members of MASSOB and so many other things,

Now this agitation got to this level because Bubu is not wise enough like Yaradua and GEJ. Bubu and his brainless officers made this IPOB matter bigger and even better.

What men fear most always befall them. stand up for a thing and fight for it.

Biafrans do not want war. What they want is referendum and nothing more.

Modified... If I had seen your DP before I wouldn't have replied this you post. I doubt the type of person you are...

^^^Buhari and his band of Hausa/Fulani/muslim kinsmen running the security outfits (like his Daura cousin in the DSS) are like a bunch of pea-brained cowboys: they go in all guns blazing.....shooting from the hip, and they have this primitive mindset that brute-force is all that's needed to settle any form of grievance or discontent!

They're the type that look on the 'exploits' of their pogrom-loving murderous kinsmen of the late 60s with twisted nostalgia in the erroneous belief that such exploits can be repeated again today on the Igbos!

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by Jaideyone(m): 7:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
EternalTruths:

Olodo

ret@rd that was after several years of civil war. two decades of civil war!!! is there a civil war in Nigeria? and even the referendum was with the support of the Sudanese government

Sudan's President Omar al-Bashir said that the southern
region had a right to choose to secede and that the
referendum was helpful because unity "could not be
forced by power." He also said he would respect the
outcome of the vote and support the south

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Sudanese_independence_referendum,_2011 if this doesn't cure your ignorance then it's inherent
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by TheOnlyWiseMan: 7:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
@OP where is ya source?

See, I live in Rivers state, the heart of so called Niger Delta. It may interest you to know that the interest I'm developing about Biafra issue is because of the Zeal I saw in many Rivers state people for biafra restoration effort.
Most of them are waiting Patiently for the time for referendum for them to throw in their cap.

13 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by CyberWolf: 7:13pm On Nov 24, 2015
OP where is your source?
Re: Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un by Amanyanabo(m): 7:21pm On Nov 24, 2015
achi4u:
With that referendum Biafra is assured, 90% of Igbos and their SS brothers will willingly vote in favor of The new State-Biafria.
u all b dreaming if u think d as is gonna join ur foolish Biafra

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. / Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri / PDP Regrets Absence Of Atiku At Peace Accord Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.