Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,939 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Ndigbo Has Forgiven Niger-delta For Civil War Betrayal- Evah - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo Has Forgiven Niger-delta For Civil War Betrayal- Evah (3558 Views)

Soldiers Storm Niger Delta For Operation Crocodile Smile II / Karo Illo And Wife On A Power Bike In Delta For State Event - See Photos / Saraki And Other Senators In Delta For Thanksgiving Service (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo Has Forgiven Niger-delta For Civil War Betrayal- Evah by eightsin(m): 9:47am On Nov 25, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

They should forgive the ijaw youth group then, not Niger delta

Forty- five years after the end of the
Nigeria -Biafra civil
war , the Ijaw youths in Rivers State
have publicly denounced the role their parents played in the war .
They , however , pleaded for
forgiveness , saying that if the
level of awareness and information
available today were in
the country then , that the Ijaw would have supported the
Biafran cause .
Speaking at an Ohanaeze Youth
Council (OYC) submit held
in Owerri , the Imo State capital , the
president of Ijaw
Youth Council , Comrade Udengs
Eradiri , stated that the
Ijaw erred by not supporting the
Biafran cause , citing lack
of awareness and misinformation .
“ If we had the type of awareness and information technology we have today then, we would have stood firmly with Biafra to win the war , but we are working hard
to resolve the issue ,” he stated .
He expressed joy that notwithstanding their role in the
civil war , “ Ndigbo voted
overwhelmingly for President
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan in 2011 and since then the zone
has been supporting his
administration . ”

www.newsstandngr.com/news/ijaws-apologies-to-igbos-for-their-neglect-in-civil-war/
Re: Ndigbo Has Forgiven Niger-delta For Civil War Betrayal- Evah by Nobody: 12:15am On Nov 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I believe we all are clear that Evah is committed to Niger-Delta and not Biafra struggle. Once again, we sympathise with the Igbos and wish them well, but we are NOT part of their Biafra.
Our position on this issue have be cleared na.. Y u they worry ?..
Re: Ndigbo Has Forgiven Niger-delta For Civil War Betrayal- Evah by ezeagu(m): 1:12am On Nov 26, 2015
Stolen:

Thank you 4 dat response. That guy is from a yoruba sub tribe if not yoruba.

There is nothing like NigerDelta. A region that Itsekiri, Ijaw, Urhobo, bini and Esan are at each other throat.

Ibibio and Efik are ever comfortable with the east. I think that group know the igbo have strong christian value and pose no threat to them in any form.

If Nigeria Break today they are the one group I can confidently say are with us. Rivers is going no where either.

The rest can get lost for all i care but Anioma to Igbanke are with us. Behold Biafra is born.

You're overestimating Akwa Ibom's lean towards a Biafra, oil politics will win in the end, and riverine Rivers are some of the most vocal anti-Igbo, perhaps because of the dominant position of the upland Rivers Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Has Forgiven Niger-delta For Civil War Betrayal- Evah by carnegiefan: 4:41am On Nov 26, 2015
ezeagu:

You're overestimating Akwa Ibom's lean towards a Biafra, oil politics will win in the end, and riverine Rivers are some of the most vocal anti-Igbo, perhaps because of the dominant position of the upland Rivers Igbo.

Yes I agree but for an entirely opposite reason.
Do your really believe that if Biafra actualization begins to appear likely, eg if UN agrees to give us a referendum, that those groups would choose to remain in Nigeria after the rest of us leave? If they stay, what oil will they control? If they leave, doesn't Biafra promise 100% local control? Can Nigeria promise them that?
The choice for them is self evident.
Re: Ndigbo Has Forgiven Niger-delta For Civil War Betrayal- Evah by Nobody: 5:45am On Nov 26, 2015
carnegiefan:

Do your really believe that if Biafra actualization begins to appear likely, eg if UN agrees to give us a referendum, that those groups would choose to remain in Nigeria after the rest of us leave? If they stay, what oil will they control? If they leave, doesn't Biafra promise 100% local control? Can Nigeria promise them that?
igbos promising niger deltans 100% oil control is a thing that can be changed at the drop of a hat when they finally join you. You think they are fools? The same way you led a coup to stop nigeria's regionalism is the same way you are going to abolish such law. You guys are wise by half grin

BTW, if you want to give them 100% resource control, why not allowed them be 100% on their own i.e in a country of their own?

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Has Forgiven Niger-delta For Civil War Betrayal- Evah by carnegiefan: 5:54am On Nov 26, 2015
juicee1:
igbos promising niger deltans 100% oil control is a thing that can be changed at the drop of a hat when they finally join you. You think they are fools? The same way you led a coup to stop nigeria's regionalism is the same way you are going to abolish such law. You guys are wise by half grin

BTW, if you want to give them 100% resource control, why not allowed them be 100% on their own i.e in a country of their own?

You people LOVE to lie even to yourselves. So Nzeogwu revolutionary coup will always be Igbo coup to you; we cannot help your brain.
You can believe whatever you want.
As for having a "country of their own", who is stopping them now? Igbos?
What we won't have is anybody riding or piggybacking the Biafran struggle to create his own republic. Everybody should agitate NOW for his own republic.
If only Biafra continues the struggle and agitations, then, when the referendum comes the only options available to peoples of SE and SS will be to be Biafran or Nigerian. QED.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Has Forgiven Niger-delta For Civil War Betrayal- Evah by Nobody: 6:03am On Nov 26, 2015
carnegiefan:

You people LOVE to lie even to yourselves. So Nzeogwu revolutionary coup will always be Igbo coup to you; we cannot help your brain.
You can believe whatever you want.
As for having a "country of their own", who is stopping them now? Igbos?
What we won't have is anybody riding or piggybacking the Biafran struggle to create his own republic. Everybody should agitate NOW for his own republic.
If only Biafra continues the struggle and agitations, then, when the referendum comes the only options available to peoples of SE and SS will be to be Biafran or Nigerian. QED.
there won't be ny referendum. Nigeria will just llow the ibos go but without an inch of SS land. Shikena.

If you are expecting biafra via a UN referendum, then you are OYO. You think we don't know your game plan which is to export ibos from SE to SS to vote in the referendum just as you've been exporting them to protest making it seem like the SS is in support?

The ibo man is always clever by half.
Re: Ndigbo Has Forgiven Niger-delta For Civil War Betrayal- Evah by kel4soft: 6:07am On Nov 26, 2015
warrior01:

Are you not ashamed? Some of your fathers betrayed the Biafran course to strangers and turned you to slaves and servants in your own land and you're happy? Your resources was lifted and used to develop their lands while the owners of the land perish in abject poverty and you're here clowning? Where's your dignity and pride? Tufiakwa! Fcking slave

YOU ARE THE ONE THAT SHOULD BE ASHAME. I DONT GET THE LOGIC OF YOU GUYS WANTING SOMEONE TO ACCEPT THAT HE IS A SLAVE.
Re: Ndigbo Has Forgiven Niger-delta For Civil War Betrayal- Evah by nku5: 6:44am On Nov 26, 2015
SonOfEl:

You are so so overrated in nairaland.... Its obvious you know nothing about the eastern region....

That one is very far from home. A visit to the east will open his eyes

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Has Forgiven Niger-delta For Civil War Betrayal- Evah by nku5: 6:50am On Nov 26, 2015
juicee1:
so, because a single ijaw man gave the name biafra, every ijaw man plus SS minorities must now become biafran?

Why not accept that every ibo man wants One Nigeria cos okorocha says so?

Na wah for this land grabbers and oyel thieves o grin

Rubbish yarn is there any record of dissent by ANY Ijaw person or groups of people at the declaration of the state of Biafra? All this revisionism is pathetic. ND for self preservation and on the advice of its leaders who had made deals with the Gowon government simply chose the side they knew had more guns. Shikena

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Has Forgiven Niger-delta For Civil War Betrayal- Evah by SonOfEl(m): 7:59am On Nov 26, 2015
kel4soft:

YOU ARE THE ONE THAT SHOULD BE ASHAME. I DONT GET THE LOGIC OF YOU GUYS WANTING SOMEONE TO ACCEPT THAT HE IS A SLAVE.

Fact is, you are...
Re: Ndigbo Has Forgiven Niger-delta For Civil War Betrayal- Evah by kel4soft: 9:22am On Nov 26, 2015
SonOfEl:

Fact is, you are...

Common you brat, don't be a coward, let it out! How Igbos have turn into monsters these days is just pathetic.
Re: Ndigbo Has Forgiven Niger-delta For Civil War Betrayal- Evah by ezeagu(m): 10:37am On Nov 26, 2015
carnegiefan:

They'll stay on their own either Niger Delta or their history land size and population is lofty enough for them to create their own country with their relatives in Cross River, and I believe such a nation would be successful. The trust for Igbo people isn't there, many Akwa Ibom people are still bitter about Arochukwu (their former land) if you would believe or not and I've heard some that prohibit their children from marrying Igbo people.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Has Forgiven Niger-delta For Civil War Betrayal- Evah by SonOfEl(m): 11:37am On Nov 26, 2015
kel4soft:

Common you brat, don't be a coward, let it out! How Igbos have turn into monsters these days is just pathetic.

I did let it out.....I said YOU ARE...
Re: Ndigbo Has Forgiven Niger-delta For Civil War Betrayal- Evah by EeJayOo(m): 1:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
#NigerDeltaRepublic

Re: Ndigbo Has Forgiven Niger-delta For Civil War Betrayal- Evah by oyatz(m): 11:24am On Dec 29, 2015
Stolen:

Thank you 4 dat response. That guy is from a yoruba sub tribe if not yoruba.

There is nothing like NigerDelta. A region that Itsekiri, Ijaw, Urhobo, bini and Esan are at each other throat.

Ibibio and Efik are ever comfortable with the east. I think that group know the igbo have strong christian value and pose no threat to them in any form.

If Nigeria Break today they are the one group I can confidently say are with us. Rivers is going no where either.

The rest can get lost for all i care but Anioma to Igbanke are with us. Behold Biafra is born.
This is (possibly alcohol induced)pure fantasy taken to another dimension.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Comparing Obj's Bowing To Ooni With The Bowing To Iara Is Irrational / IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Receives Award / The Question Before The Yoruba Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.