Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,496 members, 7,770,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:53 AM

why my blood is black. extremely 18+ - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / why my blood is black. extremely 18+ (216826 Views)

The Quiet Rituals Of Extremely Successful People / My Blood Boils In Anger / The Extremely Appalling Poor Quality Of Writing On Literature Section. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by gentleaccess: 9:09pm On May 11, 2016
Misquote, come quote this piece aright and awrite, our patiences don a slim-out.
Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by bossun3(m): 3:26pm On May 13, 2016
:'I hope she hasn't forgotten us. I don refresh tire. we are still waiting
Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by Favour222(f): 7:01pm On May 13, 2016
please update na u don really 4get us oooo
Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by Debbywills(f): 8:07am On May 14, 2016
Gmekx:
mizquote

Born into a world filled with hate
Left to the world with her fate
Dead to the ones who she called family
Gradually she lost her sense of sanity
Isn't life cruel?
Isn't life the one who leaves us in a ditch?

We preach and preach about hell and it's gate
Only those we call 'sinners' can relate
Driven into the bowels of sin by condition
We are apathetic, leaving them in the oblivion
Is life that cruel?
Is life the one who leaves us in a ditch?

We scream and shout about our faith
Yet, we suffer for our lack of faith
In the ones we call humans; our bothers and sisters
Never to lend a hand to the one we call different
Aren't we cruel?
Aren't we the ones who leaves us in a ditch

In our state of constant evil
We continously heap our blames on the devil
Ready to call the ever ready serpent
For our deeds which are worse than the serpent's
Are we that cruel?
Are we the ones who leaves us in a ditch?

The difficulty of lending a hand
The ones we help, tomorrow might turn
Ready to go down the sad road
It's what we dream and it's called life

Why Didn't you create a thread for this?? Must you post in her thread angry angry
Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by Gmekx(m): 8:38am On May 14, 2016
Debbywills:

Why Didn't you create a thread for this?? Must you post in her thread angry angry

Sorry wasn't posting for you, was posting for her. Nice picture by the way, Miss CEO

1 Like

Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by Debbywills(f): 2:32pm On May 14, 2016
Gmekx:

Sorry wasn't posting for you, was posting for her. Nice picture by the way, Miss CEO

Well, If that suit you.

BTW, thanks

1 Like

Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by sameesyd(m): 10:10pm On May 16, 2016
embarassed mizquote, I know its never easy writing such an excellent fictional story, but its also not easy for me waiting this long. Thanks for your effort u put in that you,ve posted. For now I am out of patience. undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by fransho(f): 1:14am On May 17, 2016
Fine Girl! Please, come and update, i don miss u wella.
Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by mizquote(f): 10:24am On May 24, 2016
Good morning..
sorry for taking a break off story writing. I'm back now, anyone still interested?

4 Likes

Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by Sageez(m): 11:27am On May 24, 2016
mizquote:
Good morning..

sorry for taking a break off story writing.
I'm back now, anyone still interested?
hit the 'reply' botton and drop us some updates ma'am. Following bomber2bomber
Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by ugoblaze1(m): 12:22pm On May 24, 2016
fire on
Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by mizquote(f): 1:43pm On May 24, 2016
the day it happened, she killed what was left of her conscience. she picked Sarah and in her smile she saw herself, she was going to do what was best for her child irrespective of what the world thought.

even if she would die, there was hope of a better life, a life she hoped to live in her innocent child SARA.

she walked through the major road that linked the city, market and the ghetto were she live. she didn't take a vehicle, she trekked for a reason.

she wanted to stare at the faces of the product of the world, the faces of men,women the rich and the poor alike, to see if there was any compassion in them.

she stared so hard their minds questioned and doubted her sanity, she smiled as they looked at her with repulsed.

their attitude proved a singular fact, no one cared for anyone, she has to do what was needful.

use her body to quench the taste of atrocities in men.

The End of chapter one.

1 Like

Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by mizquote(f): 1:46pm On May 24, 2016
CHAPTER TWO.
R.I.P
Mama Sarah....

next update loading.....

1 Like

Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by mizquote(f): 2:15pm On May 24, 2016
the day it happened, she killed what was left of her conscience. she picked Sarah and in her smile she saw herself, she was going to do what was best for her child irrespective of what the world thought.

even if she would die, there was hope of a better life, a life she hoped to live in her innocent child SARA.

she walked through the major road that linked the city, market and the ghetto were she live. she didn't take a vehicle, she trekked for a reason.

she wanted to stare at the faces of the product of the world, the faces of men,women the rich and the poor alike, to see if there was any compassion in them.

she stared so hard their minds questioned and doubted her sanity, she smiled as they looked at her with repulsed.

their attitude proved a singular fact, no one cared for anyone, she has to do what was needful.

use her body to quench the taste of atrocities in men.

The End of chapter one.
Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by mizquote(f): 2:58pm On May 24, 2016
CHAPTER TWO

SARAH'S DIARY.

its been six months but the memory is still fresh and the pain fresher.

I never knew emotional pain could hurt this much. The pain I feel is indescribable, I hurt so much I feel my soul bleeding.

I ask myself why me?

why is the one thing that means a lot snatched from me?

some children were born into wealthy homes.

some children have siblings.

some have both parents.

but me,

I have no dad.

No brother or sister.

I have no extended family.

I got just one person, who I love and who loved me with all of her being.

when people sneer behind us, call us the dung of the earth. she smiled and assured me that we can conquer the world.

we agreed and still lived happy.

my mother was a prostitute, I never looked down on her, I loved her and saw a strong courageous woman.

why then was she taken from me?

life! why are you so cruel.

I cry harder, as i heard my bones jingling against themselves.

I have lost hope.

in the world, in man.

I feel her presence, even now. I wish so hard to see her face.

for her smile.

for her to walk through that door, towards me and tell me I have been dreaming. that she was with me forever.

I hear her voice again.

this time, faintly.

I picked myself up, towards the mirror and stared at my reflection.

I saw the tear slid down my cheek, down to my lips.

the tear tasted salty and bitter.

I hear a knock on the door.

I said softly, mummy is that you?
Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by Godsgal(f): 6:30pm On May 24, 2016
Since i was less busy 2day @ work. I spent almost the whole of today reading this piece & it changed certain of my perspectives abt life and as i walked past a brothel while returning frm work, all i felt towards those 'pros' was pity rather than judgement. Thumbs up gal. U rock!
Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by Eniqurl(f): 7:06pm On May 24, 2016
Weldne sis
Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by segzy17: 7:19pm On May 24, 2016
Welcum miss........more ink to ur pen
Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by Favour222(f): 9:03pm On May 24, 2016
welcome back.updates pls
Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by evaZee: 11:10pm On May 24, 2016
Seriously am lost. When did we get here? Thought she was just schedule for an odd job of sleeping with a dog or something, so how come she is dead now and what led to the death. Or did I miss any part.

1 Like

Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by frostland(m): 6:54am On May 25, 2016
evaZee:
Seriously am lost. When did we get here? Thought she was just schedule for an odd job of sleeping with a dog or something, so how come she is dead now and what led to the death. Or did I miss any part.
I don't know even me am confuse did d job go well for her? dis story don turn 9ja movie
Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by mizquote(f): 8:33am On May 25, 2016
evaZee:

if you followed the story well, u'd notice the story was told to the daughter by the mother, it was only vividly narrated by the writer.

bringing the daughter into focus, doesn't mean you won't get to know all that transpired in the mothers life, it just the means the writer chooses to merge the both characters.

keep reading and thanks for following the story.

5 Likes

Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by marvwhite: 3:39pm On May 25, 2016
ah!!!! #nodding head#...... Now i get it

1 Like

Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by donaldphilipizu(m): 7:53pm On May 25, 2016
following. keep it up
Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by mizquote(f): 9:43am On May 26, 2016
I picked a scarf and wrapped my emaciated body, I went close to the door.

"Sara, it is me" I heard from the outside.

I knew the voice, so well for it reminded me of my pain, my loss.

I knew it was Maggie, my mother's only friend, she had done so much for me already, especially during my mothers burial.

"Sara, you dey inside?, open the door" the voice outside said.

it been three days she came last, she had come to comfort me and force me to eat, she assured me of her presence in my life.

even though I was inconsolable, and couldnt utter a word,I knew she understood to an extent the pain I was passing through. I saw she hurt too.

Another knock on the door and I opened it.

I mumbled some words I didn't even understand and fell on the bed, using the pillow to cover my face.

she sat close to me and held my hands, for the first time, I heard her weep loudly- unashamedly.

I knew she wept for what I have become, a sorry replica of who I used to be.

I knew she wept not because of the pain I was in now, but because of the greater pain I would pass in future.

we sat in silence, but we seem to communicate with our minds.

I heard her speaking to me, trying to pull me out of my misery but my ears where shut by my worn out pillows that smelt like my mum.

she brought out freshly baked home bread and hot akara.

my stomach rumbled, a clear indication of hunger. my I knew no matter how much I satisfied my belle, I can never satisfy my grieving heart or replace it loss.

All of a sudden I had goose bumps over my body.

6 Likes

Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by Galacious1: 10:03am On May 26, 2016
May God bless u 4 dis piece, op
Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by Encorecasmie(m): 2:06pm On May 26, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]I'm not a writer, not even in d arts department, buh I love reading..
@mizquote, I honestly feel this epic movie of yours-sorry, story- is worth applauding.. Indeed the writeup is awesome, the suspence- teriffic.. Infact, everything about this piece is wonderful.. Kudos to you.. I only started reading last night, and here I am... #front seat_with mah bae.. Waitinq for the next update...
@mizquote, 1 question plss-when are we getting the moral of this story.. Or we should figure it out ourselves?
#we're waiting oo
Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by Bishops10(m): 4:45pm On May 26, 2016
Debbywills:
Thanks dearie
Hey
Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by marvwhite: 7:44pm On May 26, 2016
this is what i call " a rare epitome " of an awesome story...... Ding it !! #isn`t she awesome?
Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by HoluwaKoDeD(m): 10:27pm On May 26, 2016
Thumbs up
Re: why my blood is black. extremely 18+ by donaldphilipizu(m): 6:55am On May 27, 2016
am into diz story.more ink to ur pen.... dearie

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

The President's Daughter And I {by Vict-vames} / Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction / My Madam And I (part Two)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.