Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? (2815 Views)

Should I Tell Her To Wait For Me? / She Is Going To Stay At A Young Male Friends Place For Her I.T / Lagos Girl Adds Boyfriend’s Wife On Bb,tells Her I Will Deal With You(live Chat) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by DY20: 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hi everyone, this matter has been one that have been giving sleepless night for over seven days now and I beg you to help me with it...
I have been dating her for over 2 years and some months now, my relationship with her is great, just few ups and downs. But there is one flaw in our relationship, I barely spend much time with her because I am a dependent, student, loner and to top it all, an Introvert (as people do tell me)
Her birthday is on the 5th of december, she told me she want to celebrate it, knowing that I can't afford even the cake, I told her not to hold the apart again because it shouldn't be our priority now (that's my excuse).
She got angry over it and I pretend not to care too. The next day she come back to me and say she won't hold it anymore. So she begged me that she did not want anything from me on her birthday, but all she want is for me to take her out.
I have never done that before, with her with anyone but I agreed anyway.
She was very happy, I can see it in her, she told all of her friends about it, she just can't stop talking about it anytime I'm around her.
I plan to take some money out of the sum my dad gave me to send to my sister (who is also a student) for project. She asked me to keep it for her till December ending so that she won't spend it. Knowing that I'm going to get back the money, I just keep assuring her of the promise I made.
Here is the problem, my sister called me lately that deadline for the project is now November ending. She begged me to send it and she is serious about it. My sister trusts me so much. Now I don't know how to tell my girlfriend that I can't keep the promise again.

I respect myself so much, of course I can't risk my sister's education over a promise to my girlfriend but I don't know how to tell her that.
Please help a brother, thanks.
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by Lucialovely(f): 8:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
Same way u told her the promises
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by sben2308(m): 8:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
Bro I feel ur pain but I assure u tell her d truth ,and work on yourself to make it up to her.Again remember great relationship requires great compromise... So bro don't worry cuz been sincere goes along way for u and ur relationship
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
Slap her ONLY once wen angry. And tell her yur mind then leave d hauz fr her. Dnt make d mistake of throwin her out except she's damn ugly
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by lirusehn(m): 9:01pm On Nov 25, 2015
AmALilgodSoDontQuoteMe:

Bross Abeg!! Like seriously how old are you?? undecided
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by olumide81(m): 9:03pm On Nov 25, 2015
Area! Take your babe out abeg, if something else comes up and its personal u would have touched the money before this moment, tell your sis u used from the money with a promise of paying back.....u need sacrifice for relationship(s) to work.
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by HizMissy(f): 9:04pm On Nov 25, 2015
There's no dilemma here.

Tell her u r broke. Simple.

Or spend according to ur pocket.
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 25, 2015
Okay this is quite interesting.

First of all, OP, you are lucky to have a girl that loves you even though you don't have money to spend on her. Now that's something I don't get to see everyday.

The advice I would give you would be to not use your sister's money in fulfilling the promise you made to your girlfriend. This is your sisters education and future. Please if the thought ever crosses your mind, don't pay attention to it.

One thing is certain, your girlfriend understands that you are still a student and you are depending on your parents for money, plus she really loves you, so even if you don't fulfill the promise you made, and you explain to her why you couldn't, I think she would still understand.

But if you really don't want to break the promise you made to her, I'd suggest you try to look for other means to get some cash. Maybe borrow from a friend or relative or hustle a bit, I am sure there are ways one can get a little money, especially as a student in the university.

I am not someone that normally advices a guy to stress himself over a girl he is just dating, but I think your girlfriend is an exception, and she is worth the stress.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by EHMIR(m): 9:26pm On Nov 25, 2015
Gwan borrow money to take her out,dnt take her to expensive places,make it clear to her,u will take her alone out,not with her goonsgringrin

in the morning,take her go play fifacheesy,nd make sure u flog her silly nd tease her too,then in d evening,go eat suya with her,nd take few pix with her,u should no how to sweet talk,dat will help alot...all dis we nor cost u more than #2500
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by MsBliss(f): 9:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
just tell her. If the is a good gf,she will understand that your sister's future is more important than few hours of 'fun time'.
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 25, 2015
Relationships are overated.
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by Abbey2sam(m): 10:33pm On Nov 25, 2015
send me your account number son
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by DY20: 10:36pm On Nov 25, 2015
Lucialovely:
Same way u told her the promises
I did not understand
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by DY20: 10:37pm On Nov 25, 2015
sben2308:
Bro I feel ur pain but I assure u tell her d truth ,and work on yourself to make it up to her.Again remember great relationship requires great compromise... So bro don't worry cuz been sincere goes along way for u and ur relationship
thanks a ton..
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by DY20: 10:40pm On Nov 25, 2015
lirusehn:
I'm 20.
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by DY20: 10:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
HizMissy:
There's no dilemma here.

Tell her u r broke. Simple.

Or spend according to ur pocket.
How can I be broke when I'm still dependent.. The word "Broke" shouldn't be used on us.
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
CUMPOLICE01:
Slap her ONLY once wen angry. And tell her yur mind then leave d hauz fr her. Dnt make d mistake of throwin her out except she's damn ugly

Werey!
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by AfroKnight: 10:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
Let her know you don't have the money any longer. If she wants to go, let her go. Maybe it's the enjoyment of one day that will sustain her for life.

There are ways to make her day memorable without spending a dime. Just be a little creative about it. You'll find a way.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by porchster: 10:54pm On Nov 25, 2015
Decker:
Okay this is quite interesting.

First of all, OP, you are lucky to have a girl that loves you even though you don't have money to spend on her. Now that's something I don't get to see everyday.

The advice I would give you would be to not use your sister's money in fulfilling the promise you made to your girlfriend. This is your sisters education and future. Please if the thought ever crosses your mind, don't pay attention to it.

One thing is certain, your girlfriend understands that you are still a student and you are depending on your parents for money, plus she really loves you, so even if you don't fulfill the promise you made, and you explain to her why you couldn't, I think she would still understand.

But if you really don't want to break the promise you made to her, I'd suggest you try to look for other means to get some cash. Maybe borrow from a friend or relative or hustle a bit, I am sure there are ways one can get a little money, especially as a student in the university.

I am not someone that normally advices a guy to stress himself over a girl he is just dating, but I think your girlfriend is an exception, and she is worth the stress.
Can you even hear yourself? you mean sister's project is not important than the outing that would end up in toilet? bro tink twice abeg
It shows that you don't even like your family at all
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
porchster:

Can you even hear yourself? you mean sister's project is not important than the outing that would end up in toilet? bro tink twice abeg
It shows that you don't even like your family at all

Excuse me? Did you even read my comment at all?
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by 2special10: 11:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
I don't think soo, he should read again
Decker:

Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 25, 2015
You asking the question is insane...undecided Why Would U even want to Use your Sister's Project funds lavishly for some Ridiculous birthday?shocked

Anyways,-She only said you should take her "Out"..Very easy!! take her Window shopping(We love it)grin

then..buy a mat...Fry some fish and groundnut..take her to the nearest Grass Around...and there! You've got Yourself a picnic birthday...wink

Everything shouldn't revolve around money....
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by DY20: 11:45pm On Nov 25, 2015
Estharfabian:
You asking the question is insane...undecided Why Would U even want to Use your Sister's Project funds lavishly for some Ridiculous birthday?shocked

Anyways,-She only said you should take her "Out"..Very easy!! take her Window shopping(We love it)grin

then..buy a mat...Fry some fish and groundnut..take her to the nearest Grass Around...and there! You've got Yourself a picnic birthday...wink

Everything shouldn't revolve around money....
I never had the intention to use the money sir.. What I asked is a story to tell.. That she will be awed about...
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by bibijay123(f): 1:08am On Nov 26, 2015
Tell her d whole gist just like u ve told us if she loves u like am guessing she does she will understand and if she doesn't still pet her. Its nt easy being a student n hvin a relationship
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by drmikeadams(m): 1:30am On Nov 26, 2015
Mr Biggs fried rice 850,coke 100 naira..meat pie 200,moi moi 150....abeg take am out abeg..make e no be like u stingy bro..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by Nobody: 2:17am On Nov 26, 2015
You don't need a million box to take your woman out. You cn do it under 2k. That is why you're a man. Make her special. You don't need millions to make a woman feel special.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by porchster: 6:44am On Nov 26, 2015
Decker:

Sorry I quoted the wrong comment..
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 26, 2015
dude , just want to ask, isn't there anyother way you can get some money and take her out without 'misappropriation of your sister's fund' ?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by dNoblej: 7:38am On Nov 26, 2015
op. Don't use your sister's money and at the same time, don't disappoint your gal. What you will do is little change of plan. Your girlfriend is nice and understanding. Sit her down and explain to her the unexpected situation. But promise her you will still take her out maybe to a place you may not spend much or a dime. You don't really need millions to take some out. You see, money doesn't really make the best outing. You just have to be romantic.
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 26, 2015
grin
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 26, 2015
DY20:
I never had the intention to use the money sir.. What I asked is a story to tell.. That she will be awed about...
Tell her say monkey go market and e no come back.
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 26, 2015
grin grin op u r very funny!!dis issue on ground is so simple!!Tell her u are broke,if she wanna leave grin let her.Sha no go thief cos of babe,no say i no wan u!! cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Guys prefer Fair Ladies To Black Ladies? / Do Not Paint Me Black Cos I Told You What I Wanted / Can You Live Without Sex For 6months For $200,000 (65million Naira)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.