Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,208 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa (71823 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) / Chris Oyakhilome's Daughter Carissa Sharon; Lovely New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by sochima1989(m): 12:45pm On Nov 26, 2015
My pastor is soaring higher than we can imagine.......definitely the government will fight the church but God knows those who are his....... dont point hands on men of God oh.....i still like you
TonyeBarcanista:

God bless the woman. I am 100% in support of this move to check-mate the fraud perpetrated by these so-called gods-of-men that masquerade as men of God.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 26, 2015
Go sleep bro, or instead go start your own church too!!! Financial freedom all the way for those who are wise.
Emperortj93:
I know God will never allow his servant to be put to shame.

If u believe say amen

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Afromano: 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2015
I'm still happy abt the MTN fine thingy. I hope FG follows suit with DSTV fine too! As for Pastor Chris, well I reserve my comment.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/klh83uf9ho6f3z1/Diamond%20Mobile%20app.mp3?dl=0

That's a small 1mb mp3 sample. Download, listen, then contact/whatsapp this number from wherever u are in the world to get yours +2348068004509

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Emperortj93(m): 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2015
Ace2013:
Go sleep bro, or instead go start your own church too!!! Financial freedom all the way for those who are wise.
may the lord have mercy on you
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by sochima1989(m): 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2015
it should interest you to know that RSA laid a ban on any form of religious teachings in public schools
Keneking:
Great decision ....by RSA

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by kuss: 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2015
the sa Antony general will be Nigeria next month to attend Shiloh. he member of the winner's family

now who is deceiving who
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by sochima1989(m): 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2015
guilty of?
oglalasioux:
In contrast, a source who attended the hearing of South African Bishop Stephen Zondo, stated that Mkhwanazi-Xaluva cited an equally controversial Nigerian megachurch leader, T.B. Joshua, as an example of one who openly used his finances to assist the less-privileged, something she expected of all clergy.

No sacred cows please. They are all guilty!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by free2ryhme: 12:52pm On Nov 26, 2015
tos4u:
Someone should tell dis woman n her office that they are fightin d battle they can never win. Even if God is not happy with His servant action, but any outside intruder to Gods servant issue and His church will not b spared by God, LET HER GO AND ESTABLISH CHURCH AND START COLLECTING MONEY FROM THEM AND SEE HOW EASY IT WILL BE.

people like you don't read your bible let me help you

Romans 13:1-5 ESV

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

Titus 3:1 ESV

Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work,

1 Peter 2:13-17 ESV

Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Bollinger(m): 12:53pm On Nov 26, 2015
SUPOL:
u dont fight d church

Says who?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by sochima1989(m): 12:53pm On Nov 26, 2015
and you have heard my pastor doing that?
Brazil wont really take this cos BLW is doing so much up there with the bigs and tokens of every believer
oglalasioux:

Collecting money under various disguises from members and threatening them with hell fire or misfortunes. They preach that the world is coming to an end and that Jesus is almost here but they are still acquiring real estate and private jets.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by systemz(m): 12:54pm On Nov 26, 2015
SUPOL:
u dont fight d church
For where
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by sochima1989(m): 12:54pm On Nov 26, 2015
your tongue dey your mouth oh
anonimi:
Good for the smooth criminal of a scammer
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 26, 2015
'' He that is UNJUST, let him be UNJUST still: and he which is FILTHY, let him be FILTYHY still: and he that is RIGHTEOUS, let him be RIGHTEOUS still: and he that is HOLY, let him be HOLY skill. And behold, I come quickly, and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. '' Please nobody should judge any man. Know you that nobody can act against a TRUE church of God.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by sochima1989(m): 12:55pm On Nov 26, 2015
like?
j1mmy:
Many pastors generally should end up in prison, they are selling false promises and lies!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Bollinger(m): 12:55pm On Nov 26, 2015
tos4u:
Someone should tell dis woman n her office that they are fightin d battle they can never win. Even if God is not happy with His servant action, but any outside intruder to Gods servant issue and His church will not b spared by God, LET HER GO AND ESTABLISH CHURCH AND START COLLECTING MONEY FROM THEM AND SEE HOW EASY IT WILL BE.

Did you read what you wrote before clicking submit?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 26, 2015
Amen and you too!!
Emperortj93:
may the lord have mercy on you

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by sochima1989(m): 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2015
why do they need to know we spend the money?
Nigerians are very religious......hope they try it and see reactions
Sijo01:
This is good new..... Wish Nigeria government can do same.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Abee79(m): 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2015
Amiano:
U beta come bak to Nigeria b4 SA go use u recover d fine wey FG give MTN

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2015
REV. 22: 11_12
'' He that is UNJUST, let him be UNJUST still: and he which is FILTHY, let him be FILTYHY still: and he that is RIGHTEOUS, let him be RIGHTEOUS still: and he that is HOLY, let him be HOLY skill. And behold, I come quickly, and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. ''

Please nobody should judge any man. Know you that nobody can battle with a TRUE church of God.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by sochima1989(m): 12:58pm On Nov 26, 2015
Rabai........2000 years ago?
italo:

Christ Embassy that opened shop just a few years ago is not the Church (which Christ founded 2000 years ago).
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Abee79(m): 12:59pm On Nov 26, 2015
OlamideComfort:
'' He that is UNJUST, let him be UNJUST still: and he which is FILTHY, let him be FILTYHY still: and he that is RIGHTEOUS, let him be RIGHTEOUS still: and he that is HOLY, let him be HOLY skill. And behold, I come quickly, and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. '' Please nobody should judge any man. Know you that nobody can act against a TRUE church of God.
What is your definition of 'TRUE church of God'?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by sophy17(m): 12:59pm On Nov 26, 2015
costandi:
Is this the first time we are hearing this kind of news? He ends up chewing it up like bread grin

Worthy of Note
First lady of South Africa was in Nigeria last week for a conference with Pastor Chris

Zuma has about 4 wives. so which of them? Besides what has that got to do with asking the churches in their country to present their financial records.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2015
Mkhwanazi-Xaluva said Christ Embassies Pastor Chris Oyakhilome had indicated that he would fight the commission in court before he released his records.

^^Pastor Chris wouldn't make such statement.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Kenny4lyfe(m): 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2015
costandi:
Is this the first time we are hearing this kind of news? He ends up chewing it up like bread grin

Worthy of Note
First lady of South Africa was in Nigeria last week for a conference with Pastor Chris
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by anonimi: 1:01pm On Nov 26, 2015
sochima1989:
your tongue dey your mouth oh

Meaning what exactly?
How has he impacted the lives in his society compared to the early missionaries who set up:

- schools
- clinics

even in remote parts of our country/continent, not minding sickness & death from malaria etc
Such as Mary Slessor!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by derecho(m): 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2015
so because most of these governments are bereft of ideas,they've resorted to taxing what people give as gifts to God?
Whenever some hear the churches will taxed they become so excited.Many other religious organizations collect monies too,how many of those are taxed?Abi babalawo no dey collect money,abi alfas wey dey do fundraising for markets,dont they spend money in mosques?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by tos4u(m): 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2015
My friend that u are a professor of bible or highly learned does not mean u will be able to inteprete Gods word as it should, because God is spirit, His Word is also Spirit and Life, so therefore their is no Higher Institution that is greater than God the church belongs to God and not for the pastor. The Church being a devine and spiritual establishment of God does not bow under the establishment of the world. ......... Hope God open ur spiritual eyes to understand dis
free2ryhme:

people like you don't read your bible let me help you

Romans 13:1-5 ESV

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

Titus 3:1 ESV

Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work,

1 Peter 2:13-17 ESV

Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by costandi(m): 1:04pm On Nov 26, 2015
sophy17:

Zuma has about 4 wives. so which of them? Besides what has that got to do with asking the churches in their country to present their financial records.

Official first lady of SA- Bongi Ngema-Zuma. Just wanted to relay an info.. No biggie!!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by TRUTHSURE: 1:07pm On Nov 26, 2015
This is a transfer of aggression. Most Churches register as a non proft orgnization which I belive is the same with the Nigerian Church in SA and by so doing, they are not required to disclose their financial statements to the public etc. This cannot be otherwise accept there's change in appropriate law addressing it. Furthermore, one should watch his/her tongue on sensitive matter as this. Church is not a business venture but rather a body that care for the physical and spiritual wellbeing of her members with making heaven in mind.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by anonimi: 1:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
derecho:
so because most of these governments are bereft of ideas,they've resorted to taxing what people give as gifts to God?

Oga, abeg na since when God = church/mosque/shrine?
Since when please
Thanks.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by lordmagic(m): 1:09pm On Nov 26, 2015
I just laughed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Gives $2,000 To Ghanaian Student Who Sowed Seed With House Rent / Collins: My Visit To Ayo Babalola Prayer Mountain At Ikeji Arakeji (Photos) / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.