Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa (71820 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) / Chris Oyakhilome's Daughter Carissa Sharon; Lovely New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by free2ryhme: 1:48pm On Nov 26, 2015
chachanga:

We can split hairs on this from now till 2099 but the fact is that we must neither quote the word out of context nor interprete it subjectively.

That being said, there should be clear separation of Church and State recognized; it's an inconvenient symbiosis if i may say.

The Church being a spiritual organism infused with the zoe life of God as well as being under the Direct leading of the Holy Ghost does not mean it must not coexist with the extant rules of the land as long as they don't violate the spiritual tenets, beliefs and leadings of the Church.

We are to be law abiding etc but that does not mean the State has powers to prescribe how the Christian faith ought to be practiced.

Things only start getting difficult when however the State is able to see certain universal ethical grounds on which to fault the church movement then all the noise making and parleying have to get to a whole new level, and why? Because there are things at stake. Issues like Religious Freedom is at stake.

Methinks if snake worshippers etc could be free to walk around freely, free thinkers freely doing their "mental tinkering", teenage girls bearing their little boobies (yuck, yuck, yuck undecided!!!) freely for all to oogle while we also heard that one or two badt guys from their have wedded 2 or more ladies in a single ceremony; then , South Africa should be evolved enough to leave church folks free to put their money where their mouth is or wherever they feel the need to put it, ok?

If there are allegations of fraud, investigate it; if not, then back off and go scavenge your IGR elsewhere.

South Africa might actually benefit more from a national attitude change. Killing people nationally, in deafness to International pleas while Police smirking in the background in Xenophobic attacks in one year and by November of that same year, you wanna start picking on Churches. Is it because the hoodoo, spell casters, witchies and Swazi-wizards they so nationally favor are not generating enough dough. Sorry Chaka, you can't take my bread!

Most of the churches they'll target will be Oversee'd by foreigners especially Nigerians, you'll see.

Cunny Zulu brutes, they're already looking for ways to HELP MTN GENERATE THEIR NCC FINE MONEY!

who make the laws that the church abides ? States

If states makes law that they perceived fit for its society church or individuals are bound to obey them. God is not an author of confusion

If the state says make you books available for inspection, as it is required of the law applicable to all, is there anything wrong in that? Remember other churches have complied and where not vilified so why is Christ embassy holding back and crying murder? except there is something someone is hiding?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Tinyemeka(m): 1:49pm On Nov 26, 2015
tos4u:
May be i should quickly tell u tht God is God, which means He can do whatever He likes and no one can question Him, and as well Gods revelation for individual churches may differs but they are all heading toward one goal, other churches may comply is good for them, but His own revelation shows clearly that when it comes to church of God it belong to God who is the Highest authority, if they questuon pastor chris personal account how money comes and go out no problem because it is his own and carry his personal name and he is under authority to surrender to them, but when it come to the church of God is no more his own it belongs to God Who is higher and no one can question abt how d money is spent except God alone because the momies were not giving to Pastor Chris but was given to God, so they can only question God on the Issue of Gods church and the money.... I jus hope God is opening ur eyes more to the light of HIS SPIRIT. SHALOM, BLESS U

My brother, why do you speak as if you are God?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by jstriker442(m): 1:49pm On Nov 26, 2015
Temotala:

Criticizing him will not change the lives he has changed! Respect to TBJ!
Can u read ??
Or u simply dnt undastand
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by oglalasioux(m): 1:51pm On Nov 26, 2015
sochima1989:
and you have heard my pastor doing that?
Brazil wont really take this cos BLW is doing so much up there with the bigs and tokens of every believer
Is your pastor running a church or a relief organization?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by free2ryhme: 1:52pm On Nov 26, 2015
tos4u:
May be i should quickly tell u tht God is God, which means He can do whatever He likes and no one can question Him, and as well Gods revelation for individual churches may differs but they are all heading toward one goal, other churches may comply is good for them, but His own revelation shows clearly that when it comes to church of God it belong to God who is the Highest authority, if they questuon pastor chris personal account how money comes and go out no problem because it is his own and carry his personal name and he is under authority to surrender to them, but when it come to the church of God is no more his own it belongs to God Who is higher and no one can question abt how d money is spent except God alone because the momies were not giving to Pastor Chris but was given to God, so they can only question God on the Issue of Gods church and the money.... I jus hope God is opening ur eyes more to the light of HIS SPIRIT. SHALOM, BLESS U

God is God does not make Pastor Oyahkilome God. He is a servant of God and is under constitutional authority to obey the laws of the land.

let me ask you one question why didn't Pastor Chris go and open a church in Saudi Arabia? because the law there has its restrictions he went to South Africa within the confines of the law established a church.

If he can do that then he is bound to obey the laws of the land there
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by greatmen: 1:53pm On Nov 26, 2015
Taich:
Very soon other African countries will follow suit. Since many of them are broke taxing churches will be a good source of revenue.
Abeg since you dun big pass God continue fear no catch u ba mortal man abeg tell mosque too nw?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Tinyemeka(m): 1:57pm On Nov 26, 2015
kozmokaz:

he build ITC centers (world class) in uni Ben...
he gave 1 billion naira to Benson idahosa uni
he drilled bore hole fr communities

have u ever heard of d inner city mission?
he built health care centers

d list s too numerous to write here

one more tin bro

receive sense!!!

Correction.
He donated N1B to Benson Idahosa Uni for awarding him an honorary doctorate degree.

Stop twisting facts.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by greatmen: 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2015
free2ryhme:

God is God does not make Pastor Oyahkilome God. He is a servant of God and is under constitutional authority to obey the laws of the land.

let me ask you one question why didn't Pastor Chris go and open a church in Saudi Arabia? because the law there has its restrictions he went to South Africa within the confines of the law established a church.

give unto ceaser what is ceasers are you talking about pastor Chris or the church of God these are 2 different issues, folks now have liver to tell the Church of God that has lasted for 3 thousand years to be taxed, Mr go and tell people who died fighting the church Na one chance be careful what you write on social media o! If you feel so intelligent continue...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by tos4u(m): 2:01pm On Nov 26, 2015
I dnt knw may be u hav once read a portion of d bible which says no man receive anything xcept giving from above, and also IF GOD DOES NOT BUILD THE HOUSE THE LEBOURER LABOUR IN VAIN, which means that pastor chris in not d one tht establsh church in S.A is God, and being unable to establish one in saudi means God has not build the church there, when God builds His church there no matter how dey try to destroy it it wil still stand, SO IT IS GOD BUILDING THESE CHURCHES N NOT MAN. hope u undertsand beta now
free2ryhme:

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by ipreach: 2:03pm On Nov 26, 2015
how does it concern my ministry
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by kozmokaz(m): 2:04pm On Nov 26, 2015
Tinyemeka:

Correction.
He donated N1B to Benson Idahosa Uni for awarding him an honorary doctorate degree.

Stop twisting facts.

are u really dis myopic in thinking ?

have u ever heard or seen any body that has been awarded with a doctor in divinity ?

late bishop Benson. idahosa was he spiritual father
pastor chris s a product of church of God mission fr crying out loud!!

if he want to buy such degree he could have easily gotten it from any foreign uni NA

receive more sence
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by menxer: 2:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

God bless the woman. I am 100% in support of this move to check-mate the fraud perpetrated by these so-called gods-of-men that masquerade as men of God.

If only Nigeria has such a commission.

How can they claim to be Religious leaders but fail to do the "righteous" thing with their financial reports?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by mbulela: 2:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
tos4u:

Viewpoints like this worry me.
Your comment is completely anti-scripture.
Nothing in the bible supports what you just typed above.
Some Christians have been bankrupted by manipulation, seduction and control.
God is not a God of confusion. There is no way he will ask you to break the law of the land that does is not contrary to his clearly stated will in the bible.

Why does the church seek building permit when building a church building? Why not just build wherever you want, anyway you want since the building is for God?
Saying things like "so they can only question God on the Issue of Gods church and the money" is a daft comment that grieves the Spirit of God which is the spirit of wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by tos4u(m): 2:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
My broda, frm my statement u w clearly see it tht am nt God, i am jus saying d position of God which is true, because God Himself is truth and greater than all., peace to ur soul,
Tinyemeka:

My brother, why do you speak as if you are God?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by free2ryhme: 2:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
greatmen:
give unto ceaser what is ceasers are you talking about pastor Chris or the church of God these are 2 different issues, folks now have liver to tell the Church of God that has lasted for 3 thousand years to be taxed, Mr go and tell people who died fighting the church Na one chance be careful what you write on social media o! If you feel so intelligent continue...

Go read the history of the Church and the state and how the treaty of Westphalia came about.

Jesus Christ the son of God paid Tax. If other churches are complying without any issues why is Christ embassy own an issues? are the other churches not "Church of God"

And there is no where the aim of the inspection is to tax the church. Stop joining issues and read your bible for understanding
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Nwogbe: 2:09pm On Nov 26, 2015
Chosen1984:
So Many Bad News Everywhere!!!!!and it sells fast.
BUT I BRING YOU GOOD NEWS HAPPENING IN LAGOS!!!!!! LISTEN CAREFULLY
A PLACE WHERE BARENESS, NO MATTER THE NUMBER OF YEARS IS CRUSHED! 26,40,13,9,32,YRS BARENESS,ALL CRUSHED!

A PLACE WHERE PROSTITUTES & ROBBERS COME OUT OPENLY TO DENOUNCE THEIR TRADES.

A PLACE WHERE HIV IS GIVEN RED CARD AS MALARIA.

A PLACE WHERE FOUNDATIONAL CURSES & EVERY TYPE OF CURSE IS SHATTERED

A PLACE WHERE SS IS CHANGED TO AA

A PLACE WHERE YOU DON'T NEED TO PAY A DIME BEFORE BREAST CANCER, LUNG CANCER,HEART CANCER & EVERY TYPE/KIND OF CANCER IS CANCELLED TOTALLY!!

A PLACE WHERE JOBLESS IS TERMINATED! A PLACE WHERE EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED, GOD QUALIFIES U.

A PLACE WHERE YOU STEP IN, GOD PUTS HIS MARKS ON U AND U BECOME A TERROR TO ROBBERS, MILITANTS, EVIL MEN &WOMEN.

A PLACE WHERE YOU SEE THE RE-INCARNATION OF THE BIBLE LIVE AND IN YOUR LIFE.

A PLACE WHERE ANYTHING YOU IMAGINE CAN HAPPEN.

A PLACE WHERE IT IS NOT BY STRUGGLE!!

ITS HAPPENING AGAIN LIVE IN LAGOS @ THE LORD'S CHOSEN CHARISMATIC REVIVAL MOVEMENT. IJESHA. OSHODI MILE 2 EXPRESSWAY. A 2 DAY PROGRAM TITLED" HOPE FOR THE NEEDY"./
DATE: SATURDAY NOVEMBER 28TH-29TH
SUNDAY.
This one will definitely end up in kirikiri¿
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by free2ryhme: 2:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
tos4u:
I dnt knw may be u hav once read a portion of d bible which says no man receive anything xcept giving from above, and also IF GOD DOES NOT BUILD THE HOUSE THE LEBOURER LABOUR IN VAIN, which means that pastor chris in not d one tht establsh church in S.A is God, and being unable to establish one in saudi means God has not build the church there, when God builds His church there no matter how dey try to destroy it it wil still stand, SO IT IS GOD BUILDING THESE CHURCHES N NOT MAN. hope u undertsand beta now

stop quoting the bible out of context and stick to the issue at hand

God is not an Author of confusion
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by klax(m): 2:14pm On Nov 26, 2015
Amiano:
U beta come bak to Nigeria b4 SA go use u recover d fine wey FG give MTN

Leave him let him be smilling before he knows what happen is already in hot water because SA are looking for ways to avenge MTN slam they got in Nigeria.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by vicky85(f): 2:14pm On Nov 26, 2015
See the mouth of this Woman self......she carry scarf like Juju woman......come to court, you will be put to shame.....wetin concern you with Church money, is it a financial institution....let this woman check her law.......God removed people like you before the judgement ....so face your untrained children or you are a single mother like others .,.....I am hating this Abeg.....
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by tos4u(m): 2:17pm On Nov 26, 2015
Am not goign out of context jus tht i am try to reply the reason for churches been establish tht it is God tht is Building and establishing dis churches dats why u will recall tht d founder of redeem xtain church of God is dead but the church is still moving forward to show u tht it was nt the founder but God dat established His church
free2ryhme:

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by kode12: 2:18pm On Nov 26, 2015
Jehovah's witnesses have been doing that since the beginning of time. I. See no reason why any church shd have a problem with it.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by tos4u(m): 2:18pm On Nov 26, 2015
Am not goign out of context jus tht i am try to reply the reason for churches been establish tht it is God tht is Building and establishing dis churches dats why u will recall tht d founder of redeem xtain church of God is dead but the church is still moving forward to show u tht it was nt the founder but God dat established His church. That is why every issue concerning d church of God should be left for God and His Holy Spirit
free2ryhme:

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by lastpage: 2:22pm On Nov 26, 2015
Lordave:
You don't fight which fùcking church?

If the church constitutes public nuisance or disobeys the law, the law enforcement agencies pull it down.
The church is not the only public gathering body, [b]it deserves no preferential treatment.

Moreover, Chris is not a church, he's just a coordinator who must abide by the law or face a lengthy jail term for hoodwinking the public and failing to declare how much he made from the fraud. [/b]

Relax and stop eschewing IGNORANCE!

I am all for "war against corruption" be it from a religious body (Church, Mosque, e.t.c) but at the same time, l am all for fairness to EVERYONE.

1.) The Church is a "Charity organisation" and there are Laws governing the operation and filing of accounts of such Charities.
If the law says they are not to publish annual accounts, then there is nothing anyone can do.... except that law is changed

2.) Chris is the head of that Church... but he is also not the accountant!
In as much as l want to believe they all dip their hands into "God's Money"! grin
l also know that these "pimping, con-men" are not that stewpid as not to "insulate" themselves. So, the law needs to be smart in this regard.

3.) When you say "Hoodwinking", you probably are thinking the "Law" has an excuse for foolish people who willingly surrender their money to the Church?
NO!
As long as people are stewpid enough to part with their money (probably under the promise of going to heaven, which they know they dont even deserve ... "who is trying to hoodwink who here"?)... you cannot blame the love-vendor of a Pastor who collects the money!

Like most things with South Africans, they dont reason deeply and like to introduce "Bigotry" into their actions.
What they need to do is to educate their people to STOP being gullible and parting with their money.

And Pastor Chris is right (though l am no fan of his in anyway), if the enabling laws/Constitution does not empower this woman to ask the Church to bring their Accounts, trying to intimidate them would not work.
They have a right to seek redress in Court, where a competent JUDGE would examine the Constitution and determine whether she is going beyond her Powers or not.

No one should be afraid of going to court or being taken to court, as long as you abide by the law.
Just my humble take

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by tos4u(m): 2:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
My friend, i neva say one should break the law of the land, what am trying to make clear is that, bulding is nt the church of God, the Church of God is spritual and God is Spirit and the services offered to God are done in the spirit, ......TIME COMMETH WEN TRUE WORSHIPPERS SHALL WORSHIP GOD IN SPIRIT N TRUTH, GOD WANTS SUCH, bulding structure are phycal and does not implie the church of God we talking abt here.
mbulela:

Viewpoints like this worry me.
Your comment is completely anti-scripture.
Nothing in the bible supports what you just typed above.
Some Christians have been bankrupted by manipulation, seduction and control.
God is not a God of confusion. There is no way he will ask you to break the law of the land that does is not contrary to his clearly stated will in the bible.

Why does the church seek building permit when building a church building? Why not just build wherever you want, anyway you want since the building is for God?
Saying things like "so they can only question God on the Issue of Gods church and the money" is a daft comment that grieves the Spirit of God which is the spirit of wisdom.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
Nwogbe:

This one will definitely end up in kirikiri¿
which one
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by ALISMILE(m): 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2015
SUPOL:
u dont fight d church
europe ve conveniently done that witout any repercussions!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by alexory23(m): 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2015
Favolly:
Income from church business operations is now taxable?
Now taxable? it has been like that now, good old day church don't pay for light, but now.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by menxer: 2:32pm On Nov 26, 2015
I beg to differ with your statement: the church is not a divine and spiritual establishment, all churches are registered with the corporate affairs commission (in Nigeria) as a non-profit organization.

so if the church is generating revenue as a business, that is contravention of the applicable laws.

The church is subject to the laws of the land it is in. If not why are churches registered, have board of trustees, seek building permits, even permits to hold public crusades etc?

If a church has "inc" at the name of its name does that not denote a company, and do companies not publish its financial report?

tos4u:
My friend that u are a professor of bible or highly learned does not mean u will be able to inteprete Gods word as it should, because God is spirit, His Word is also Spirit and Life, so therefore their is no Higher Institution that is greater than God the church belongs to God and not for the pastor. The Church being a devine and spiritual establishment of God does not bow under the establishment of the world. ......... Hope God open ur spiritual eyes to understand dis
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by mommyice: 2:39pm On Nov 26, 2015
trapQ:
guilty of what?

Guilty of hypnotising people and taking their money, and making them eat grass and snakes, drink petrol. Where is ukusindiswa lapho?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by mbulela: 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2015
tos4u:
My friend, i neva say one should break the law of the land, what am trying to make clear is that, bulding is nt the church of God, the Church of God is spritual and God is Spirit and the services offered to God are done in the spirit, ......TIME COMMETH WEN TRUE WORSHIPPERS SHALL WORSHIP GOD IN SPIRIT N TRUTH, GOD WANTS SUCH, bulding structure are phycal and does not implie the church of God we talking abt here.
The building structure is physical but the money in the account is spiritual?
Why do you guys like misquoting scripture? How does the scripture you just quoted relate to the issue at hand?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by tos4u(m): 2:54pm On Nov 26, 2015
My man, true d church is registered as non profit organization but the church is not a business tht generates money like u presumed, is a spiritual organisation
menxer:
I beg to differ with your statement: the church is not a divine and spiritual establishment, all churches are registered with the corporate affairs commission (in Nigeria) as a non-profit organization.

so if the church is generating revenue as a business, that is contravention of the applicable laws.

The church is subject to the laws of the land it is in. If not why are churches registered, have board of trustees, seek building permits, even permits to hold public crusades etc?

If a church has "inc" at the name of its name does that not denote a company, and do companies not publish its financial report?

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2015
menxer:

If only Nigeria has such a commission.

How can they claim to be Religious leaders but fail to do the "righteous" thing with their financial reports?
Don't mind those fraudsters

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Gives $2,000 To Ghanaian Student Who Sowed Seed With House Rent / Collins: My Visit To Ayo Babalola Prayer Mountain At Ikeji Arakeji (Photos) / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.