Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,373 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs (36227 Views)

Ministry Of Education Considering Adding An Extra Year To University Studies / Ministry Of Education Denied Harmonising HND And university Degrees / BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by palmshots: 9:31am On Mar 21, 2022
This thread has really been helpful, for the authen,tication and le,galization purpose.
Check it out guys

https://www.nairaland.com/6491378/authentication-legalization-educational-documents/3
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by Teebleez4real: 4:11pm On May 16, 2022
The authentication of both WAEC and NECO is it just about stamp and signature at the end. I asked someone to do on my behalf and what I say is just stamp at the back and signature.
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by drLammy(m): 8:13pm On May 16, 2022
Teebleez4real:
The authentication of both WAEC and NECO is it just about stamp and signature at the end. I asked someone to do on my behalf and what I say is just stamp at the back and signature.

Yes that's it.
Do you observe a kind of seal which contains barcde and document number at the back of the Certificate?
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by Joshney: 10:14am On May 30, 2022
DO YOU NEED SOMEONE TO HELP YOU AUTHENTICATE YOUR DOCUMENTS AT FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION & FOREIGN AFFAIRS, ABUJA?

DM ME NOW!
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by kizitocares(m): 1:28pm On Jul 07, 2022
AglowRaph:

Please do they accept student copy of transcript. I don’t have the original and it will take my school over 1 month to send the original copy to the ministry of Education

So, I just finished authenticating my document with both Ministry of Education(MOE) and Ministry of Foreign Affairs(MOFA) yesterday being 19th July, 2021.

This guide was very helpful - I must say and I am grateful to the person that wrote it.

I just have some input to make in addition to his own guidelines. You can also view it as an update.

At first, I got to the MOE building and before going upstairs, you can visit https://ess.education.gov.ng/#/ and register to book an appointment with MOE. After your registration, you could sign in, upload your scanned documents that you would love to verify. Make payment online. If you have a MasterCard or cards that support online transaction, it is best. After that, print the remita and the appointment slip. That's why you have to do this either at home or before climbing up stairs.

Like the former writer wrote, the evaluation and authentication office is at the 8th floor. I used the elevator. So... before you go climbing the stairs, make sure you try the elevator first.
I guess the thought of public holiday did not make people visit the MOE that much but I could count upto 80-90 of us that were at the MOE. They usually sort between those for evaluation and those for authentication (more preference).

The documents for authentication is individualized. It all depends on you and what you are applying for. I had authenticated my WAEC, Degree Certificate, and Transcript. They do not authenticate HEALTH CERTIFICATE or POLICE SECURITY CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE at the MOE. They only authenticate educational related materials. So, do not make the mistake of uploading it online for MOE.

As for WAEC authentication, those whose WAEF results are less than 5 years are required to pay for a scratch card but if your WAEC results is above 5 years (and you have your original), you won't be required to purchase any scratch card.

I successfully authenticated everything with MOE that same day. The secret lies in going to the MOE on time and very early.

After authentication with MOE, I just walked to MOFA. I was directed to meet someone by someone at MOE. I called him and he collected by documents. Including HEALTH AND POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATES.

I waited for about 3-4 hours and I got my credentials.
The amount as stated by the writer is N1000 per document. In my case, I was charged N500 per page.

I wish this info will be helpful to someone just as the former writers post was to me.
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by KindSoul: 9:33pm On Aug 29, 2022
Information on this blog is very useful and accurate for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Document certification. Update on the clear bag she mentioned, it is now N200 as against N100.

All the best.

funjoku:
Things have changed in the procedure of authentication with ministry of education.
I wrote a detailed blog on how to go about your authentication from my experience in July 2021.
Link:
https://medium.com/@njokuuchechi/document-authentication-at-ministry-of-education-and-ministry-of-foreign-affairs-in-nigeria-9d3505867c0e
Cheers and good luck!
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by Mrychz52(m): 5:59am On May 02, 2023
How does it work, do I need to get my transcript from the school and bring it in person or request the school to send it by courier to the MOE for authentication?
AglowRaph:

So, I just finished authenticating my document with both Ministry of Education(MOE) and Ministry of Foreign Affairs(MOFA) yesterday being 19th July, 2021.

This guide was very helpful - I must say and I am grateful to the person that wrote it.

I just have some input to make in addition to his own guidelines. You can also view it as an update.

At first, I got to the MOE building and before going upstairs, you can visit https://ess.education.gov.ng/#/ and register to book an appointment with MOE. After your registration, you could sign in, upload your scanned documents that you would love to verify. Make payment online. If you have a MasterCard or cards that support online transaction, it is best. After that, print the remita and the appointment slip. That's why you have to do this either at home or before climbing up stairs.

Like the former writer wrote, the evaluation and authentication office is at the 8th floor. I used the elevator. So... before you go climbing the stairs, make sure you try the elevator first.
I guess the thought of public holiday did not make people visit the MOE that much but I could count upto 80-90 of us that were at the MOE. They usually sort between those for evaluation and those for authentication (more preference).

The documents for authentication is individualized. It all depends on you and what you are applying for. I had authenticated my WAEC, Degree Certificate, and Transcript. They do not authenticate HEALTH CERTIFICATE or POLICE SECURITY CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE at the MOE. They only authenticate educational related materials. So, do not make the mistake of uploading it online for MOE.

As for WAEC authentication, those whose WAEF results are less than 5 years are required to pay for a scratch card but if your WAEC results is above 5 years (and you have your original), you won't be required to purchase any scratch card.

I successfully authenticated everything with MOE that same day. The secret lies in going to the MOE on time and very early.

After authentication with MOE, I just walked to MOFA. I was directed to meet someone by someone at MOE. I called him and he collected by documents. Including HEALTH AND POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATES.

I waited for about 3-4 hours and I got my credentials.
The amount as stated by the writer is N1000 per document. In my case, I was charged N500 per page.

I wish this info will be helpful to someone just as the former writers post was to me.

1 Like

Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by drLammy(m): 6:18am On May 02, 2023
Mrychz52:
How does it work, do I need to get my transcript from the school and bring it in person or request the school to send it by courier to the MOE for authentication?

It works both ways, if you can get the transcript in person and bring it for authentication.
However since most schools won't handle the physical copy of the transcripts to students you can request it to be sent where you can have access to have the physical copy.
Also you can request your school to send the transcript to the MOE if you have the ministry's address.
It won't be automatically authenticated when sent down here (to the ministry's address), you will have to collect it and also do the authentication.

Ps note : you have to avail your original degree certificate and O'level certificate to authenticate your transcript.
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by Frikyfreshy: 7:14am On May 15, 2023
Authentication process is becoming difficult this days this man Austine.iyamu1@gmail.com in ministry of education assisted me and I didn’t have to waste too much time authenticating all my documents.
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by fineyemi(m): 4:12pm On Jun 28, 2023
Frikyfreshy:
Authentication process is becoming difficult this days this man Austine.iyamu1@gmail.com in ministry of education assisted me and I didn’t have to waste too much time authenticating all my documents.
. How did u go about it boss? Can u link me
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by LinkTank: 1:56am On Aug 10, 2023
drLammy:

It works both ways, if you can get the transcript in person and bring it for authentication.
However since most schools won't handle the physical copy of the transcripts to students you can request it to be sent where you can have access to have the physical copy.
Also you can request your school to send the transcript to the MOE if you have the ministry's address.
It won't be automatically authenticated when sent down here (to the ministry's address), you will have to collect it and also do the authentication.

Ps note : you have to avail your original degree certificate and O'level certificate to authenticate your transcript.
Re: Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs by MrsTwrite(f): 7:25am On Aug 10, 2023
This was really helpful, thanks for sharing...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tai Solarin University Of Education (TASUED) 2015/2016 Admission Forum. / Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions / Ilelolawa Oluwatobi: Pupil Draws President Buhari With A Pen (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.