Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy (27463 Views)

IMF Has Listed Nigeria As The World’s 22nd Largest Economy In The World / Nigeria Now 22nd Largest Economy In The World- I m f (see Full List) / IMF: Nigeria Now World's 22nd Largest Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by nickxtra(m): 7:37pm On Nov 26, 2015
Big economy on paper only.
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by jonex30(m): 7:38pm On Nov 26, 2015
This statistic base on growth for 2015. Not any size of economic or Gdp. China economy is not anywhere close to 19 trillion. China economic will not take over USA at least until 2020 even at growth of 10 percent per Year.
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by Lytech(m): 7:39pm On Nov 26, 2015
menesheh:
NIGERIA has been adjudged the world's 22nd largest economy with an annual growth rate of 5% during the course of 2015 according to the latest survey of the planet's wealthiest countries the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

According to the figures published yesterday, Nigeria's gross domestic product (GDP) is set to total $1.105trn in 2015, representing a 5% growth from last year. Despite global crude oil prices falling by about three quarters over the last year, Nigeria has defied the negative growth that afflicted several crude-producing countries.

Of the world's 30 largest economies countries examined in the survey, oil producers like Brazil and Russia suffered declines in GDP. Africa's two other economies on the list Egypt and South Africa, who were ranked 24th and 30th respectively, enjoyed GDP growth rates of 5.2% and 2.4% respectively.

In terms of growth, Nigeria, was also the sixth highest achiever as only China, India, Egypt, Pakistan and the Philippines recorded higher GDP growth. Other key features of the survey was that China overtook the US as the world's largest economy with a GDP of $19.51trn, India moved into third place thanks to its 8.3% growth rate that bumped GDP up to $8.02trn and Egypt overtook South Africa as Africa's second largest economy.

Over the last 15 years, Nigeria has enjoyed annual GDP growth rates of about 7% but with crude oil prices falling to about $40 a barrel from over $100 a barrel, it is no surprise that growth has slowed. Despite this, the economy continues to diversify and the country remains on course to achieve its goal of becoming one of the world's top 20 economies by 2020.

International Monetary Fund statistics at October 2015

1. China: US$19.510 trillion (up 7.9% from 2014)
2. United States: $17.968 trillion (up 3.6%)
3. India: $8.027 trillion (up 8.3%)
4. Japan: $4.842 trillion (up 1.6%)
5. Germany: $3.842 trillion (up 2.5%)
6. Russia: $3.474 trillion (down -2.9%)
7. Brazil: $3.208 trillion (down -2.1%)
8. Indonesia: $2.839 trillion (up 5.7%)
9. United Kingdom: $2.660 trillion (up 3.5%)
10. France: $2.647 trillion (up 2.2%)
11. Mexico: $2.220 trillion (up 3.3%)
12. Italy: $2.174 trillion (up 1.8%)
13. South Korea: $1.849 trillion (up 3.7%)
14. Saudi Arabia: $1.681 trillion (up 4.4%)
15. Spain: $1.636 trillion (up 4.1%)
16. Canada: $1.628 trillion (up 2%)
17. Turkey: $1.576 trillion (up 4.1%)
18. Iran: $1.382 trillion (up 1.8%)
19. Australia: $1.137 trillion (up 3.4%)
20. Taiwan: $1.114 trillion (up 3.2%)
21. Thailand: $1.107 trillion (up 3.5%)
22. Nigeria: $1.105 trillion (up 5%)
23. Poland: $1.003 trillion (up 4.5%)
24. Egypt: $996 billion (up 5.2%)
26. Pakistan: $930.8 billion (up 5.3%)
27. Netherlands: $831.4 billion (up 2.8%)
28. Malaysia: $813.5 billion (up 5.7%)
29. Philippines: $742.3 billion (up 7%)
30. South Africa: $724 billion (up 2.4%)

-International Monetary Fund's World Economic Outlook database.

- See more at: http://www.nigerianwatch.com/news/8271-latest-imf-figures-show-nieria-as-worlds-22nd-largest-economy-with-gdp-jof-11trn
waoh.....
Ajala travel must be happy to see or hear dis oooo....
APC fraud!!!
Sai baba,sai thief!!
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 26, 2015
Wow, this is good news. Very good news. For the first time I've nothing to rant about on a thread.
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by baralatie(m): 7:42pm On Nov 26, 2015
harristo:

What am I missing? Nigeria is the 22nd world largest economy and things are this bad. This means achieving their goal of being one of the world's top 20 economies by 2020, won't change things much.
Back then when I used to read about this goal of theirs, I would thing that being among the world's top 20 economies, or even close like the 22nd, meant great improvement in every sector of the country - like having constant light, tared streets etc
The report is on GDP
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by excel101(m): 7:42pm On Nov 26, 2015
Kyase:

Shatap if the news was "Nigeria drop to 35" would you say its Gej's legacy?
Baba carry go.
. Which Baba and where he dey carry go to? Person wey no know wetin he dey do. No worry wen dullardhino brain go u, u go undstnd better. Gej na u biko
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by Enesi47: 7:44pm On Nov 26, 2015
menesheh:
GEJ handwork.

lalastica
what about the fuel scarcity who's fault?
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by Lytech(m): 7:45pm On Nov 26, 2015
Rossikk:
Why not start a small scale manufacturing enterprise at home? You can make bags, sandals, furniture, and a hundred other items. You'll make more money than a salary could pay you. The advantage you have is the booming economy we have, hence there's a ready market for your products.
just thank God for ur life,its until u can feed ur self that u can even think of raising money to establish ur self....
What pains me most in dis rich calibre of people is that,they see d hustlers as been lazy,they see thing as been easy and d poor r nt willing to work....u r born with silver spoon,ur father was able to put u in one of his company,y wont u wake up one day and think life is easy....my bro,just thank God for ur life
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by harristo(m): 7:49pm On Nov 26, 2015
baralatie:

The report is on GDP

Thanks for pointing that out.

Modify: My point is that, if this is all Nigeria's vision 2020 meant to the situation of the country, that it wasn't about making tangible change, then I am very disappointed.
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by Adminisher: 7:50pm On Nov 26, 2015
baralatie:
smiley
God bless everyone,presidents,citizens who have worked to make Nigeria proud!
This comments is for PMB and the APC to key into the numerous achievements Nigeria has achieved and stopand its propaganda campaign.
This is the summary about Nigeria that puts it on the Global stage!

"Over the last 15 years, Nigeria has enjoyed annual GDP growth rates of about 7% but with crude oil prices falling to about $40 a barrel from over $100 a barrel, it is no surprise that growth has slowed. Despite this, the economy continues to diversify and the country remains on course to achieve its goal of becoming one of the world's top 20 economies by 2020."

God bless Gej for his efforts and God Give PMB wisdom to key into this vision .
God bless Nigeria.
What really were the efforts of GEJ and what was his vision?. I want three of them please in single sentences. This man actually achieved nothing.
We were just lucky for the oil price.
There are too many people unemployed now, too little power generated, too many refineries down and too much food imports to say Jonathan achieved anything.
People are telling lies to themselves wholesale. Yet if you look out of your window, Jonathan's failure is glaring

1 Like

Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by mazeltov(m): 7:54pm On Nov 26, 2015
keyzid:
I'm forced to ask what your highest education qualification is.
I commented with my knowledge and not any educational influence.. When you answer these question then you will know how friendly you are with ignorance so use your common sense if you have.

keyzid:

Just imagine. something which is rated over the year and Buhari has not spent up to a year. How can you not see this as a justified Gej's achievement?
You are so intellectually blinded to the extent of sidestepping facts!! Did it escape your mind that our economic has started declining right before the election?
Buhari has spent 6 months and he just recently unveiled his cabinet - of which, this cabinet has not made any relative contribution to the system. In your wide illusionary thoughts, you went ahead to blame a 6 months administration and forgot to blame 6 years administration for failling to divert our economy, you have also failed in your paralytic thoughys blame 6 years administration and its quack economic team led by Ngozi Okonjo for lying to us about our economic stance!! Can you now see how ignorance has damaged your brain?

keyzid:
or his Gej the one responsible for current fuel scarcity? huh...
olodo. Was there no fuel scarcity during Gej's administration? Or who told you that the current fuel crisis is everlasting?

keyzid:
ok. the power dropped again,
Was there no power failure under Gej's administration? Didn't power generation drop under Jonathan's administration?
Was Gej able to solve our power problem during his 6 years reign of impunity?
I'm having at least 14 hours supply in a day which I have never experienced before.

keyzid:

is Gej still the one affecting that? haba... Abeg, stop being hypo critic. ok.
until you remove your political affiliation spectacle in your eyes then you will keep posting prejudiced comments against the present administration.
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by tjstardom(m): 7:57pm On Nov 26, 2015
Must we be biased in our assessment and judgement? If bokoharam bomb or economy went through a major setback. You bombard such with Buhari is clueless or brainless but if economy boom=you say its GEJ's legacy or if the fight agaisnt bokoharam achieve a great momentum=YOU ALWAYS SAY 'THANK GOD BUHARI HAS CALLED HIS BOYS TO ORDER'. Let's castigate this man where neccessary and also praise him wherever we deem appropriate-I'M A VERY PROUD OF MY COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA AND HOPE NIGERIA SHALL BE GREAT ONCE AGAIN
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by mikolo80: 7:59pm On Nov 26, 2015
kozmokaz:
gej legacy remains
what legacy
what did he do
Just name 3
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by mikolo80: 8:00pm On Nov 26, 2015
Promhize:

And Ngozi Okonjo Iweala's brilliance
Pls Just list 3 things they did to make it happen
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by menesheh(m): 8:00pm On Nov 26, 2015
Enesi47:
what about the fuel scarcity who's fault?

Answer that question yourself. oya
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 26, 2015
So what is South Africa doing in G20?
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by omoluka: 8:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
mazeltov:
Nigeria is already on the path of failure. How can we move forward when we keep misplacing praises and criticism.
Stupidity is when we blame Buhari for our current economic failure and praise Gej for our IMF ranking
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by dukecharles(m): 8:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
I thought APC and yoruba media mafias said GEJ and Ngozi okonjo Iwuala bribed their way to get Nigeria as Africa largest GDP.

Yeye d smell.

God bless GEJ. Nigerians don't know your worth Sir
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by menesheh(m): 8:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
billyG:

U mean Gej Belittling & Demeaning Recieve sense IJN.

we know the difference between them. do you need a prophet to tell you?

Is not stuff that you need to be angry about.
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by dukecharles(m): 8:09pm On Nov 26, 2015
mikolo80:
what legacy
what did he do
Just name 3

So you were not born last year when Nigerian was ranked as African Largest GDP overtaking south Africa.
Is like you lost touch with reality.
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by Jesusloveyou: 8:14pm On Nov 26, 2015
menesheh:
GEJ handwork.

lalastica
i weep to see small Taiwan is ahead of nigeria, that is d handwork of ur clueless corrupt gej and saTANist pdp, by now we would have be in top 15, well as it is now, as far as no money wil miss again, within 2yrs we wil be ahead of Spain to be in 15th position.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by menesheh(m): 8:17pm On Nov 26, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
i weep to see small Taiwan is ahead of nigeria, that is d handwork of ur clueless corrupt gej and saTANist pdp, by now we would have be in top 15, well as it is now, as far as no money wil miss again, within 2yrs we wil be ahead of Spain to be in 15th position.

Hope this is not daydream.
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by springer: 8:19pm On Nov 26, 2015
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by modath(f): 1:50pm
All these statistics that don't reflect the reality of the citizens day to day existence are just tiring...

22nd Largest economy & youths by their 22nd bithdays are still begging parents & older relatives for small change to recharge their phones!!!! Issokay!!
(Quote) (Report) 25 Likes (Like) (Share)
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by mikolo80: 8:20pm On Nov 26, 2015
dukecharles:

So you were not born last year when Nigerian was ranked as African Largest GDP overtaking south Africa.
Is like you lost touch with reality.
see my problem with pdp supporters
if you say dem no pass waec English now dem go de vex
simple kweshion
list 3 things he did to achieve what happened irrespective of their massive looting
instead of answering question na anoda road e de follow
simple question no grammar
name 3 things
he sold crude oil, is that an achievement
Just list 3 things that he did that added to our GDP
Just 3
I've said Just 3 over 6 times
watch na insult go follow
no argument, no sense, nothing
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by omoluka: 8:34pm On Nov 26, 2015
YoursGEJ:
All those saying it is GEJ's handwork should note that the value of the economy was only recalculated under his regime. This has always been done by the World Bank by the way. Only the National Bureau of Statistics for some reason continued to use the old figures. The economy has constantly been growing at 8% since the boom of the telecoms industry under OBJ in 2003 but was measured using old parameters. Economic growth actually slowed under GEJ when boko haram began to terrorize on a massive scale otherwise the value would be even bigger that we have right now

I have attached a graph from the world bank. You can clearly see that the GDP spiked about 34% in 2003 under OBJ. It was the lowest it has been for over 10 years (4% in 2012) under the 'best president' GEJ. You 'educated' GEJ supporters should please show me where GEJ catapulted Nigeria's GDP to the top one in Africa. Illiterates who cannot perform a simple google search coming here to demonstrate their endowed stupidity.
Well said bro
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 26, 2015
It is so glaring now that you are so uneducated and your words are full of gibberish.
Now, Lets be analytical on this issue.
The Topic of this post was to show how much Nigeria have increased in it GDP over the year compared to few years back. Your daft and ugly reply was to discredit those praising this achievement to GEJ which you blindly argued and tagged them critics.
in your demeaning post, you said

mazeltov:
I commented with my knowledge and not any educational influence.. When you answer these question then you will know how friendly you are with ignorance so use your common sense if you have.

You are so intellectually blinded to the extent of sidestepping facts!! Did it escape your mind that our economic has started declining right before the election?
An economy that declined just recorded a great feet. Don't be an idiot ok. lemme educate you a bit.
mazeltov:
Buhari has spent 6 months and he just recently unveiled his cabinet - of which, this cabinet has not made any relative contribution to the system. In your wide illusionary thoughts, you went ahead to blame a 6 months administration and forgot to blame 6 years administration for failling to divert our economy, you have also failed in your paralytic thoughys blame 6 years administration and its quack economic team led by Ngozi Okonjo for lying to us about our economic stance!! Can you now see how ignorance has damaged your brain?
What a pity such a young deluded lad got his filthy thumbs laid on his mistakenly dashed out trashed mobile phone to type arrant nonsense. This post just showed how idiot and foolish you are. What do you think of an economy who is on auto-pilot with no one to make drastic decisions? huh.. Nigeria was with months with no Minister to take on our economical growth and steps to get things working! oh no...you still blame that on GEJ. had Buhari put in place ministers to work, i don't think things would have gone worse like this.

mazeltov:
olodo. Was there no fuel scarcity during Gej's administration? Or who told you that the current fuel crisis is everlasting?
Of course there was... buh last i remember, you are just an idle filthy looking small boy who's work all day is to sit down with his rusty outdated mobile. Buh lemme ask you, how long has this current fuel scarcity started and not ended? huh....

mazeltov:
Was there no power failure under Gej's administration? Didn't power generation drop under Jonathan's administration?
Was Gej able to solve our power problem during his 6 years reign of impunity?
I'm having at least 14 hours supply in a day which I have never experienced before.
That's whhy i will keep saying you are still a todddler and just a small lad wandering with his outdated mobile keeping his thumbs depressed on those ugly looking buttons to spew out trash.
Buhari had no Minister for power. How could you then think the success to increase in power generation is a fleet attributed to Buhari... huh... still a small boy thinking about it right. go back to your secondary school social studies text book and get educated.
concerning the 14 hrs thing claim. I can tell you right here where i am, i power my generating set almost very night just maneuver darkness. Day light not left out with its own disappointment. now what are we saying here... you lying fat oaf.

mazeltov:
until you remove your political affiliation spectacle in your eyes then you will keep posting prejudiced comments against the present administration.
I don't trust any political party or political man. It's you who should get your skull drilled and groomed to the right duirection and see the real deal going on with this present adm.
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
Y'all been saying this for almost year or more now. Get busy with your life. E jawo l'apon ti o yor....

johnydon22:

It is embarrassing... A country of 170million settled for a one time military head of state, old and half educated to lead her in the 21st century. . . Instead of moving with time we went back more than 30 years backwards
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by Jesusloveyou: 8:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
excel101:
. Which Baba and where he dey carry go to? Person wey no know wetin he dey do. No worry wen dullardhino brain go u, u go undstnd better. Gej na u biko
d same gej that put us in dis mess for 6yrs and pdp for 16yrs, just cheer-up, within 2yrs we wil be ahead of Spain to be in 15th position, if we can be in 22 position with d money missing and d highest rate of corruption, compare with when no money wil miss and corruption reduce to d lowest ebb, just thank God for change

1 Like

Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by ucnwafor(m): 8:51pm On Nov 26, 2015
Chaiii, chaiiii, chaiiii!! Me I sleep for filling station last night until 1am dey say naija be top 30 large economy nation
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by ucnwafor(m): 8:52pm On Nov 26, 2015
Chaiii, chaiiii, chaiiii!! Me I sleep for filling station last night until 1am but dey say naija be top 30 large economy nation
Re: Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy by mazeltov(m): 8:53pm On Nov 26, 2015
keyzid:
It is so glaring now that you are so uneducated and your words are full of gibberish.
Now, Lets be analytical on this issue.
The Topic of this post was to show how much Nigeria have increased in it GDP over the year compared to few years back. Your daft and ugly reply was to discredit those praising this achievement to GEJ which you blindly argued and tagged them critics.
in your demeaning post, you said

An economy that declined just recorded a great feet. Don't be an idiot ok. lemme educate you a bit.

What a pity such a young deluded lad got his filthy thumbs laid on his mistakenly dashed out trashed mobile phone to type arrant nonsense. This post just showed how idiot and foolish you are. What do you think of an economy who is on auto-pilot with no one to make drastic decisions? huh.. Nigeria was with months with no Minister to take on our economical growth and steps to get things working! oh no...you still blame that on GEJ. had Buhari put in place ministers to work, i don't think things would have gone worse like this.

Of course there was... buh last i remember, you are just an idle filthy looking small boy who's work all day is to sit down with his rusty outdated mobile. Buh lemme ask you, how long has this current fuel scarcity started and not ended? huh....

That's whhy i will keep saying you are still a todddler and just a small lad wandering with his outdated mobile keeping his thumbs depressed on those ugly looking buttons to spew out trash.
Buhari had no Minister for power. How could you then think the success to increase in power generation is a fleet attributed to Buhari... huh... still a small boy thinking about it right. go back to your secondary school social studies text book and get educated.
concerning the 14 hrs thing claim. I can tell you right here where i am, i power my generating set almost very night just maneuver darkness. Day light not left out with its own disappointment. now what are we saying here... you lying fat oaf.

I don't trust any political party or political man. It's you who should get your skull drilled and groomed to the right duirection and see the real deal going on with this present adm.

So what is your point now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Goes To America Without Atiku / Atiku And Buhari All Smiles, Shake Hands At Peace Accord Signing (PHOTOS) / Israeli Film Crew's Family Blame Separatists Groups For The Arrest Of Their Sons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.