Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Amosun’s Wife, Abike Dabiri,Others To Climb Kilimanjaro To Raise Funds For IDPs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun’s Wife, Abike Dabiri,Others To Climb Kilimanjaro To Raise Funds For IDPs (712 Views)

Photos Of Dignitaries At Wedding Of Gov Amosun's Daughter & Abike Dabiri's Son / Abike Dabiri's Encounter With Pro-Biafrans In Toronto (Pictures) / Abike Dabiri-Erewa Meets Mark Zuckerberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amosun’s Wife, Abike Dabiri,Others To Climb Kilimanjaro To Raise Funds For IDPs by obiremy: 6:30pm On Nov 26, 2015
Mrs. Amosun: Wants to Climb Mount Kilimanjaro to help IDPS

Five brave women: Former Member, Federal House of Representatives, Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Joke Olanipekun, Uzo Nwani, Debo Laditan and the Ogun State First Lady, H.E. Mrs. Olufunso Amosun have agreed to Climb Mount Kilimanjaro with their friend, Mrs. Remi Abere to raise funds for Nigeria’s Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs).

In a bid to raise awareness for this rare expression of compassion, Mrs. Amosun has launched a social media campaign for the “Climbwithremi” expedition which is part of Mrs. Abere’s 50th birthday celebration.

According to the Ogun State First Lady “I am climbing the Mountain on behalf of the wife of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Hajiya Aisha Buhari who is so passionate about women and children and all those who are in IDP Camps across our nation. She has demonstrated this in several ways and I am happy to climb on her behalf. I am also climbing to raise funds to alleviate poverty, the suffering and hardship that those in the IDP Camps are experiencing right now”

Mrs. Abere, a Chartered Accountant who works for IBM as the Corporate Citizenship and Corporate Affairs Lead for West Africa stated that after climbing the Kilimanjaro last year, she decided to embark on the same journey again because of the added attraction of using it to raise funds of Nigeria’s Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs).

“I just want to help society. Climbing Kilimanjaro to bring awareness to a cause so critical is one of those things I chose to do. We have the mindset that government should be responsible for everything, but they don’t have all the resources. So, it is about doing what I can to make things better.”She stated

According to her, on November 29, she will be leaving the shores of Nigeria for the expedition tagged “Climb With Remi” to Kilimanjaro alongside five other women.

” There is no better awareness than having six middle-aged women climbing the mountain to bring the attention of the public to the plight of these women and children who were sent packing from their homes.

“It is five days to ascend and two days to descend. We should be back 11am on December 6,” she stated.

“As much as money is essential for logistics, she revealed that they are not after money in the real sense. What is important is drawing attention to the IDPs issue and rallying people to contribute in all ways possible to remedy the situation.

1 Like

Re: Amosun’s Wife, Abike Dabiri,Others To Climb Kilimanjaro To Raise Funds For IDPs by IamAtribalist: 6:32pm On Nov 26, 2015
cool Very good development. The women are putting the men to shame. Nigerian men u na see u na life?

1 Like

Re: Amosun’s Wife, Abike Dabiri,Others To Climb Kilimanjaro To Raise Funds For IDPs by oluwajjayfabric(f): 6:46pm On Nov 26, 2015
Nice cool
Re: Amosun’s Wife, Abike Dabiri,Others To Climb Kilimanjaro To Raise Funds For IDPs by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 26, 2015
Hey, this is a long journey. Why don't you all fly into Jos Airport, and get coached to SHERE HILLS nearby, with the attendant Press and TV crews. Make a live 12 hour Telethon out of it, whilst raising funds for this noble cause.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Life?... ( A Must Read ) Dr. Sandra Duru- Eluobi / Top 5 Most Powerful Militaries In Sub Saharan Africa 2015 Ranking. / Open Letter To My Igalla Brothers And Sisters IN Kogi State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.