Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement (41708 Views)

APC Picks Bolaji Abdullahi As Spokesman, Timi Frank Kicks / Kogi 2015: Faleke Writes Oyegun, Rejects Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement / Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by snakova(m): 7:50am On Nov 28, 2015
Andai anebira ya komorihi avo

1 Like

Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by xage(m): 7:50am On Nov 28, 2015
At least let it no be an Igala again of this blessed planet

We are sick and tired of their mediocrity and senseless government

Ebira welcome on board,but don't turn the government house into boxing ring o

1 Like

Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by Ozid(m): 7:51am On Nov 28, 2015
modath:
Yahaya Bello is a lucky guy, reaping fruits without planting seeds.. If indeed the allegations that he worked against his party's interests are true..

Truth of the matter though is that anyway they dice it, this clusterF*** is still going to end up at the Supreme Court, Naija politicians won't see a meal ticket & look away, No bueno.

As for Audu's Son not making it, great news, it is a democracy not hereditary monarchy!!
Yahya Bello never decamped to any party he was a born to be APC member even though when he lost to Audu he swore to support Audu n wait 4 d next 4 yrs . This victory is a victory for the Ebiras. #EBIRAMONAVUKATAM (my tribe is my strength)
Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by efilefun(m): 7:52am On Nov 28, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lolz do you have elections in April next year?abi you are counting on Rivers and Bayelsa!! Better try your luck elsewhere dear
Sure no elections then but other elections would have been concluded. The same thing you all said about Kogi, ondo is till up for grab also and tsunami can sweep fayose also but i dont think fayemi is ready to pull any legal charges since he got something else keeping him busy already. After the elections PDP had 13 Governors now they reducing with the speed of light. After all other elections are done with am pretty sure PDP wont have upto 10 states again cuz Kogi and Taraba alone makes it 11 already.

1 Like

Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by Ozid(m): 7:54am On Nov 28, 2015
snakova:
Andai anebira ya komorihi avo
Omorihi ona mokorana o
Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by jesuloluwa2010: 7:55am On Nov 28, 2015
twoondei:
It appears they've made the right choice.

Faleke should take a chill pill. He's well schooled in Lagos politics and not Kogi .

If he is patient, his time will come.

Sometimes, God brings an already prepared meal to your table, in the presence of your frenemies. Congrats Bello.

Now the Audus will have sugabelly pay for defamation.

I beg to disagree with you.Gov.Aregbesola of Osun state was well schooled in Lagos politics.He was even a commissioner in Lagos.Yet,he became governor of Osun state.I believe Faleke was simply robbed of his right.I pray God will fight for him.

1 Like

Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by ojuu4u(m): 7:59am On Nov 28, 2015
I wl advice faleke to chalenge it in the court. Nevertheless life is all abt risk, he wl finally become irelevant in govt if he chooses to be d-gov. Meanwhile acordin to olanipekun his lawyer he claimed that the available PVCs are 25k, in the remainin undecided votes, whc means technicaly faleke had won already
Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by maasoap(m): 8:01am On Nov 28, 2015
baby124:
Faleke will win this very easily in court. This guy cannot come from the clouds to claim votes he never campaigned for. Faleke was on a joint ticket with Audu. So he has more rights to the votes. Faleke should go to court and get an injunction to put the election on hold until the matter is resolved. No time. Such an issue should not be left open to interpretation and abuse. Buhari, tread wisely. We are watching.
Where were you during Amaechi saga? You never heard that the votes belong to the party and not the candidates? Faleke will only end up wasting his time, efforts and money in court. It may even cost him deputy governor's slot.
Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by Bobnotrouble: 8:05am On Nov 28, 2015
That's the best, fairly and sensible option.
I hope all the APC stakeholders understand and concur with this choice.
For it doesn't matter what the PDP wish!
Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by Baboo13(m): 8:12am On Nov 28, 2015
APC have avoided some landmines and threaded well IMO

Bello was part of the election process, so any legal litigation against them wouldn't hold water

Though I'd love the faleke guy to be the candidate but the fact that like 20+ years of his life has been spent in lagos would not favor him. Its natural that some forces would oppose this

1 Like

Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by Oklander: 8:14am On Nov 28, 2015
opalu:
As an Igala I can say confidently that fielding Audu's son would have been a mistake in itself since that cannot stand the legal fireworks. Also that guy has alot to learn in politics. When his dad was alive, he always shun youths who brought great ideas to him to pass to his dad. His favourite saying then was - "I am not a politician but a businessman; leave me out of this". All of a sudden some people who think he will be controlled by them started throwing his candidature up. That said, who knows if he would have been excellent Gov just like the once unknown Fashola.

On the second note, Yahaya Bello called Fairplus massively funded the Buhari Osinbajo campaign in Kogi donating many buses. Audu supported and rallied Pl delegates for his friend Kwankwaso against PMB. Fairplus ran the most organized campaign when he vied for Governorship. However he disappointed his fans when he refused to support Audu rather he decamped to SDP first and later ran back when he saw that he had a case against Audu's emergence at the APC Hqtrs. When his petition was thrown out, he funded Wada.

Now food is ready and Audu has won the election and he has come to reap the labours.

As for Faleke, he also has a good case. But the case of Fairplus is stronger and can stand the test of time.
I advise both of them to work together to do the kind of developments that Kogi has never seen in all the years ruled by Igalas Govs. That is the only way they can win the hearts of the normal igala populace. Hunger and poverty do not differentiate between tribes and religion. At the market, they don't ask you for your tribe before they sell to you.

Let's join hands to make Nigeria great!
Unbelievable, this is my first time of reading a very non bias and non tribalistic opinion towards other tribes in Kogi state from an Igala individual, I am very sorry to say that an Igala individual such as yourself is most probably one of a kind and are very rare to find among your people(no insult intended), because had that not been the case, we would have probably had at least one better governor out of the junks that have come out to lead us from that region so far. Kogi will be better!!!
Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by Baboo13(m): 8:14am On Nov 28, 2015
Bobnotrouble:
That's the best, fairly and sensible option.
I hope all the APC stakeholders understand and concur with this choice.
For it doesn't matter what the PDP wish!

Very sensible decision

1 Like

Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by gretblue: 8:15am On Nov 28, 2015
baby124:

His younger brother was accused of rape. Not this one that was to be substituted.
The law is simply,the Mohd Audu couldn't be selected because he didn't participate in the Apc primary election.Fieding him will amount to playing in the hand of PDP.
Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by barcaboi(m): 8:17am On Nov 28, 2015
youngwarlocks:

Heard he left the buses he used for his primaries for the party's campaign
also he read he was romancing SDP to defect....and dat he supported wada
Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by seunmsg(m): 8:20am On Nov 28, 2015
Faleke should just go straight to court on this matter. APC's decision cannot withstand any serious legal challenge.
Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by lexyclasy: 8:20am On Nov 28, 2015
disloman:
I wondered how some of you will decided to be stup1d and dumb in your comment.Don't tell mi you can't comprehend what you read.APC did the right thing with those factors mentioned.APC is ahead in this game.
Must you insult the OP because you want people to believe your view which may not afterall be the right one?......Did you ever ponder on the word "Judicial Lacuna" if not have a rethink APC and PDP have a case here ok. APC may be right to substitute a candidate who was 2nd during primaries.....but a what is it a flag bearer or deputy to a man who was already on a joint ticket with the and garnered joint vote with the decease....PDP equally have a case here because WADA did not contest with YAHAYA rather with AUDU/FALEKE... a candidate is a strong force when it comes to the issue of politics it is candidate that determine the part and hope you know if a candidate defect to another party he will not relinquish the position irrespective of the fact that he was sponsored by the party so in a nut shell the race was between AUDU/WADA...now that AUDU has gone, for equity and fair play through the wisdom of the Supreme court and for the Nigerian constitution the election has to be conducted a fresh.......if you think otherwise then why the constitution did not consider election a party vs party affairs so that after winning a party can put any candidate of their choice.....to me YAHAYA/FALEKE should brace up for a fresh mandate or FALEKE/YAHAYA for an inconclusive mandate rather than otherwise
Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by DevilhimseIf: 8:22am On Nov 28, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Sycophant boy...........do you mean Passingshot? grin

i mean the attention seeking man grin
Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 28, 2015
baby124:
Faleke will win this very easily in court. This guy cannot come from the clouds to claim votes he never campaigned for. Faleke was on a joint ticket with Audu. So he has more rights to the votes. Faleke should go to court and get an injunction to put the election on hold until the matter is resolved. No time. Such an issue should not be left open to interpretation and abuse. Buhari, tread wisely. We are watching.

Section 181 of the constitution says
the deputy can take over only if the
dead is duly elected, in this case
Late Audu has not been duly
elected, the election was declared
inconclusive. Now Faleke did not
take part in the primaries, Faleke is
not a registered APC member in any
known ward in Kogi state.

Faleke is just Tinubu's boy that use to be an LG chairman in Lagos state. And why are u pokenosing in another state's affairs? Kogi state is not even a south west state!

Has tribalism eaten so deep into you that you can't think logically?

BTW, Faleke is okun, so if he was eventually choosen by APC, I will gladly vote him over an Igala man. What my state needs now is a man with vision for development and not outsiders who know nothing about us pokenosing!
Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by ebira12345: 8:24am On Nov 28, 2015
Sun, light, moon, rain, can never be hide. Congrats to anebira, wailer's u are free to wailed.
Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by artsol: 8:25am On Nov 28, 2015
My take on this matter is simple,I believe INEC erred in saying the election in Kogi was inconclusive and here are my reasons. 1) APC was leading the race with 41,000 votes according to INEC 2) The total number of voters out of the 49,000 voters in the INEC voters register that collected and have PVC's is 25,000 voters. 3) The number of accredited voters in the 91 polling booths were election were cancelled was less than 15,000 voters,that is all the voters that turned up to vote in those areas that INEC cancelled the results. So as far as I am concerned the election was conclusive because the 'eligible voters' in the 91 polling booths are less than the number of APC's lead. A voter who has his name on the INEC voter's list and who fails to collect his/her PVC is not a voter in the real sense of the word,without a PVC you can't vote. What is the way foreward? The way forward for me is for APC and their Deputy Governorship Candidate,James Faleke to go to court and force INEC to declare the election of last Saturday conclusive and announce APC as the winner based on available facts on ground. If APC is trying to play politics and deny Faleke as we seem to be seeing then let Faleke on his own go to court and force INEC to do the right thing. I am strongly of the believe that the decision of INEC to do a supplementary election and allowing APC to replace the late Abubakar Audu with another person will be nullified by the courts as I see no logic how anybody can inherit the votes of Audu to contest in the supplementary election,the votes of a candidate in an election can never be transferred to another candidate to use and complete an election process,not possible. Let APC go to court and get their mandate and let Faleke become Governor.
Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 28, 2015
lexyclasy:
Must you insult the OP because you want people to believe your view which may not afterall be the right one?......Did you ever ponder on the word "Judicial Lacuna" if not have a rethink APC and PDP have a case here ok. APC may be right to substitute a candidate who was 2nd during primaries.....but a what is it a flag bearer or deputy to a man who was already on a joint ticket with the and garnered joint vote with the decease....PDP equally have a case here because WADA did not contest with YAHAYA rather with AUDU/FALEKE... a candidate is a strong force when it comes to the issue of politics it is candidate that determine the part and hope you know if a candidate defect to another party he will not relinquish the position irrespective of the fact that he was sponsored by the party so in a nut shell the race was between AUDU/WADA...now that AUDU has gone, for equity and fair play through the wisdom of the Supreme court and for the Nigerian constitution the election has to be conducted a fresh.......if you think otherwise then why the constitution did not consider election a party vs party affairs so that after winning a party can put any candidate of their choice.....to me YAHAYA/FALEKE should brace up for a fresh mandate or FALEKE/YAHAYA for an inconclusive mandate rather than otherwise

NOTE: Faleke did not take part in the primaries, Faleke is not a registered APC member in any known ward in Kogi state.

Why are you yoruba's from the south-west taking this more serious than the Okun's in the state?

Myopic tribalism!
Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 28, 2015
seunmsg:
Faleke should just go straight to court on this matter. APC's decision cannot withstand any serious legal challenge.

Lolz e pain amoooo nothing for Thief.nubu outside his local sw region!!
Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by Ugosample(m): 8:35am On Nov 28, 2015
ziccoit:
Constitution allowed for substitution of candidate in case of death except before the commencement of an election. The same constitution asked the deputy to step in after the election has been validly won and something happens to the boss.

Audu died during not before the commencement of an election.

Election has not been validly won according to INEC rule and electoral guideline.

APC has won this election already. The only battle ground is the Supreme Court. That is where it would be sorted out whether the new substitute or Audu deputy is the right figure to head the government.

PDP has no case here, going to court would amount to wasting of money though that may see to development of our body of law and constitutional provisions.

Nigeria will be great again.

About your picture? now that is a sensible country. Not Nigeria that the citizens don't give a shot.
Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by BABANGBALI: 8:38am On Nov 28, 2015
baby124:
court or no court,nothing for faleke,quote me after the whole thing is over. For your info faleke was not pary of the primary election of the party?he was only picked by audu as his running mate,you may wish to read INEC guidelines on the election of party's governorship candidate. Peace i am out
Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by BABANGBALI: 8:40am On Nov 28, 2015
Joavid:

Section 181 of the constitution says
the deputy can take over only if the
dead is duly elected, in this case
Late Audu has not been duly
elected, the election was declared
inconclusive. Now Faleke did not
take part in the primaries, Faleke is
not a registered APC member in any
known ward in Kogi state.

Faleke is just Tinubu's boy that use to be an LG chairman in Lagos state. And why are u pokenosing in another state's affairs? Kogi state is not even a south west state!

Has tribalism eaten so deep into you that you can't think logically?

BTW, Faleke is okun, so if he was eventually choosen by APC, I will gladly vote him over an Igala man. What my state needs now is a man with vision for development and not outsiders who know nothing about us pokenosing!
pls tell them jo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 28, 2015
But we both know Aregbesola didn't win osun elections fair and square. We know

jesuloluwa2010:

I beg to disagree with you.Gov.Aregbesola of Osun state was well schooled in Lagos politics.He was even a commissioner in Lagos.Yet,he became governor of Osun state.I believe Faleke was simply robbed of his right.I pray God will fight for him.
Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by bello2527: 8:44am On Nov 28, 2015
disloman:
I wondered how some of you will decided to be stup1d and dumb in your comment.Don't tell mi you can't comprehend what you read.APC did the right thing with those factors mentioned.APC is ahead in this game.

CORRECT MAN
Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by bello2527: 8:49am On Nov 28, 2015
APC has finally make the best decision out of nothing
Exactly is what i expected and that is Kogi wish and God's will
WATCH OUT FOR BELLO,S ADMINISTRATION
WATCH OUT FOR BETTER KOGI
WATCH OUT FOR EVOLUTION AND DEVELOPMENT IN KOGI
WATCH OUT FOR EBIRAS GOVERNMENT
GOD BLESS APC
GOD BLESS KOGI VOICE
GOD BLESS KOGI STATE
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Picks Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement by bello2527: 8:51am On Nov 28, 2015
NICE BRO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Four Truck Loads Of Fulani Herdsmen Invade Ondo Community / Kogi West Rerun: Smart Adeyemi Extends Lead / Sheikh Gumi Blasts Northern Leaders: You’re Hypocrites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.