Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,796 members, 7,851,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:19 AM

How Important Is Marriage To Women? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Important Is Marriage To Women? (743 Views)

How Important Is Money In A Relationship? / Famous People Who Waited Until Marriage To Lose Their Virginity / An Apology Letter From Men To Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Important Is Marriage To Women? by slap1(m): 10:42pm On May 26, 2009
please the way some women seem to be pursuing marriage is as if being married is the best thing in life made me ask this. even teenagers are now so taken to this marriage thing that they plan for it while still in secondary school. is marriage the best thing in a woman's life? does it make a woman complete? pls answer and 4giv me if u tink am mischievous.
Re: How Important Is Marriage To Women? by blackmann(m): 10:46pm On May 26, 2009
The average nigerian girl wants to settle down in her husband's house b4 the age of 25. I was also told that some families in different parts of the country actually see a girl as ready and ripe for marriage once they've attained a certain age and education level. this time 90% of the time comes after the girl has finished University and NYSC. At least that is wat i've heard and witnesses anyway.
Re: How Important Is Marriage To Women? by sistawoman: 10:48pm On May 26, 2009
Yes girl dream of their wedding from grade school.

Why would they not dream of their big day when mom and dad are married? Is it not logical for children to want to emulate their parents?
Re: How Important Is Marriage To Women? by Outstrip(f): 1:11am On May 27, 2009
I guess I was not the average nigerian gilr
Re: How Important Is Marriage To Women? by Oxone(m): 3:25am On May 27, 2009
its everything to them
Re: How Important Is Marriage To Women? by Nobody: 3:29am On May 27, 2009
Are we talking about your average woman of nowadays in general or specifically your average Nigerian woman, there are differences between them when it comes to the importance of marriage, especially considering the current values of certain cultures and societies of nowadays
Re: How Important Is Marriage To Women? by 190: 3:50am On May 27, 2009
hmmm,
women! sad
Re: How Important Is Marriage To Women? by Sissy3(f): 3:54am On May 27, 2009
for some it is their life, for others it is their worst nightmare.

and not every girl grows up dreaming of their wedding day or how to charm the prince. some gurls actually had more important things they were thinking.
Re: How Important Is Marriage To Women? by charles316: 10:55am On May 27, 2009
@poster,

decent girls would rather get married than be passed around by guys.(from tayo to seun to obi to abubakar to eket to idibia to osas and co).

@ sisterwoman,

i am ur fan.each time i visit any page i look out for ur reply.ur sense of reasoning is brilliant.u dont reason like a typical nigerian girl who brings sentiments into their thinking.(sorry pittbaby ,bluespice,ibkaye,outstrip, and co.

hope say u no be guy o
Re: How Important Is Marriage To Women? by charles316: 11:00am On May 27, 2009
~Sissy~:

and not every girl grows up dreaming of their wedding day or how to charm the prince. some gurls actually had more important things they were thinking.

sista,thanks for the analysis.to you,is it ur nightmare or ur life.dont stay on the fence.(u go fall from there now)
Re: How Important Is Marriage To Women? by JJYOU: 11:03am On May 27, 2009
charles316:

@poster,

decent girls would rather get married than be passed around by guys.(from tayo to seun to obi to abubakar to eket to idibia to osas and co).

@ sisterwoman,

i am ur fan.each time i visit any page i look out for ur reply.ur sense of reasoning is brilliant.u dont reason like a typical nigerian girl who brings sentiments into their thinking.(sorry pittbaby ,bluespice,ibkaye,outstrip, and co.

hope say u no be guy o
she is not nigerian.
Re: How Important Is Marriage To Women? by charles316: 11:13am On May 27, 2009
JJYOU:

she is not nigerian.

U MEAN SISTAWOMAN IS NOT A NIGERIAN
Re: How Important Is Marriage To Women? by bblacky(f): 11:31am On May 27, 2009
Go into d world n multply; ur parents didi n begat u n u want to b alone, nanana, marriage is almost d dream of 90% gurls yea it is, as Sissy said to others is a nightmare while to odas it their life, i beliv n dat ooo,
Re: How Important Is Marriage To Women? by luxoire(f): 12:38pm On May 27, 2009
mariiage is for most women what they want - depends on the friends you keep from childhood and the house you were raised in and also the amount of responsibility you have from your family

being form a single mother home - my mum taught me - education first, marriage and then together you can work on careers and children - so through out my childhood - i had books on my mind - until i had my second degree! and yet i am still thinking of a phd - but marriage creeps into my mind more often the older i have gotten grin cheesy esp when i see cute little babies smiley (i'm a sucker for babies)
Re: How Important Is Marriage To Women? by slap1(m): 12:56pm On May 27, 2009
luxoire:

mariiage is for most women what they want - depends on the friends you keep from childhood and the house you were raised in and also the amount of responsibility you have from your family

being form a single mother home - my mum taught me - education first, marriage and then together you can work on careers and children - so through out my childhood - i had books on my mind - until i had my second degree! and yet i am still thinking of a phd - but marriage creeps into my mind more often the older i have gotten grin cheesy esp when i see cute little babies smiley (i'm a sucker for babies)

ur mum is an eagle --rare! i think some mothers are key players in their children's failed marriages 'cos some rush their children into it, giving silly reasons as "only son" or"only daughter". then the average nigerian girl now sees her husband as a messiah who is coming to free her from the shackles of poverty, hence they go into marriage without a career, depending on the husband 4 everything which is really mad cos if the husband is not financially buoyant he could start getting bad thoughts which will be detrimental to everyone in the house. so my advice to ur girls is, if possible, let marriage come second or, crucify me if u will, last! if u are working u r able to support ur spouse but if not u will be dependent on him. marriage shoild be a mutual association, not parasitic!
Re: How Important Is Marriage To Women? by sistawoman: 12:59pm On May 27, 2009
charles316:

sista,thanks for the analysis.to you,is it ur nightmare or ur life.dont stay on the fence.(u go fall from there now)

Marriage growing up was always a dream for me. My parents are still married and had an OK marriage, never any cheating that i know of. I was raised to value marriage and prepare for it.

I am not Nigerian I am American therefore my views and thoughts are westernized.

Charles thanks for your kind words.
Re: How Important Is Marriage To Women? by iice(f): 4:21pm On May 27, 2009
~Sissy~:

Word!
Re: How Important Is Marriage To Women? by kalmebad(f): 4:40pm On May 27, 2009
slap1:

ur mum is an eagle --rare! i think some mothers are key players in their children's failed marriages 'cos some rush their children into it, giving silly reasons as "only son" or"only daughter". then the average nigerian girl now sees her husband as a messiah who is coming to free her from the shackles of poverty, hence they go into marriage without a career, depending on the husband 4 everything which is really mad cos if the husband is not financially buoyant he could start getting bad thoughts which will be detrimental to everyone in the house. so my advice to ur girls is, if possible, let marriage come second or, crucify me if u will, last! if u are working u r able to support ur spouse but if not u will be dependent on him. marriage shoild be a mutual association, not parasitic!

Thank God we atleast see ur guys (our husbands) as messiah and not devil. grin grin grin ROFLMAO at that comment of your's, which off course has an iota off truth.

We for no dey like this oo, no blame us, but we changed with d weather (kidding but a bit serious)

But bros come to think off it God made men to be giver,women to be receiver, grin grin (wont u follow us and thank God) Amen o o.

May be if the rib was taken d other way round, matter for dey less (lucky us)

Heyyyyyyyyyy hope u are not taking me serious, but walahi talahii, I like the freebies that comes with being a woman.

@Topic

Marriage na my g8 dream, very important to see generations come from me as well

But for me to marry devil as a husband, crucify me, I rather remain single o dey joli.
Re: How Important Is Marriage To Women? by allycat: 5:33pm On May 27, 2009
Nobody wants to be alone, thats human- so most women want to get married at some point in their lives. The problem of seeming desperation in Nija is societal. Ladies that are not married are made to feel inadequate as if something is wrong with them. Even in Churches prayers are made constantly about single girls as if they have some disease or they are possesed. To escape being labelled loose, cursed or enduring snide remarks all the time, some ladies have rushed in just so people dont point fingers at them. At least they become MRS and society suddenly seems to respect them. It doesnt matter if in 5 years time they hardly talk to their husband and live as flat mates- Nija society will always give the more respect

(1) (Reply)

Before You Fall In Love, Beware / Should I Countinue Or Not? / Why Does Love Hurt So Much!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.