Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? (5418 Views)

Gold Discovered In Bagwai And Shanno LGA In Kano (photos) / Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity / Seven Energy Is Developing Anambra LNG To Tap Huge Gas Deposits In The State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by meezynetwork(m): 4:00pm On Nov 29, 2015
There is 90% chances of finding commercial quantities of crude oil around anambra and enugu basins. But the cost of drilling is higher than that of niger delta areas. Most oil investors will want where they can make maximum profits. Moreover more than 80% of oil drillings are done offshore in Nigeria. The reason is because of cost effectiveness. Most oil wells in Nigeria are offshore.
Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by meezynetwork(m): 4:07pm On Nov 29, 2015
What we should be fighting for is total federalism, so that states can harness their natural resources. The crude oil we see today will likely be meaningless in the next 50yrs. So we need to explore and harness all resources now and judiciously reinvest in human and capital investment. There is no point of reserving them when we are not yet developed. But it should only be harness when there is total federalism or in the long run Biafra(though I don't believe it can be actualized).
Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by Herald47: 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2015
meezynetwork:
There is 90% chances of finding commercial quantities of crude oil around anambra and enugu basins. But the cost of drilling is higher than that of niger delta areas. Most oil investors will want where they can make maximum profits. Moreover more than 80% of oil drillings are done offshore in Nigeria. The reason is because of cost effectiveness. Most oil wells in Nigeria are offshore.
my bro pls don't say what you don't know,ogba/egbema/ndoni l.g.a of rivers state is the highest crude oil producing l.g.a in nigeria with over 250,000 barrels per day,yet most of it's wells are onshore.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by ChuksCeeJay(m): 7:15am On May 26, 2017
Yes. Am 4rm Eha-Alumona and i can tell u dat there is HUGE oil in my community.
Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by SlayerForever: 8:48am On May 26, 2017
Very true. The east is richly blessed.
Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by Nobody: 9:03am On May 26, 2017
There is a proven reserve. I believe it will be more of gas. Similar to what is available in Igbariam. Yes Seven Energy has interest in those fields. But it is not uhuru yet. Lots of issues.
Re: Is It True That Huge Gas Deposit And Some Crude Discovered In NSUKKA? by ewigmee: 12:29pm On May 26, 2017
[quote author=adaweezy post=40502720]
Nsukka is a town and Local Government Area in South-East Nigeria in Enugu State. Towns that share a common border with Nsukka, are Edem Ani, Alor-uno, Opi, Orba and Ede-Oballa, Obimo. Other nearby towns include Enugu Ezike, Obollo-Afor (formerly centre of the palm oil trade), Nimbo, Adani, Uzo Uwani and Mkpologwu, now also lay claim to the name Nsukka.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nsukka
err i said not at Nsukka but around that area...
Its most likely the same deposit [/quote

They are not laying claim to the name ... There is Nsukka senatorial zone which comprises all you mentioned. Then Nsukka local government.. Which Nsukka town, Opi, edem, ede, alor etc are part off. Lastly , there is Nsukka town .. the centre you're talking of.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Harrasing Obasanjo Becos He Knows Afonjas Will Do Nothing / Ganduje Spotted At Benin Airport About To Escape To Kano After APC Defeat / Ojukwu: Gowon Blasted Over Biafra Comments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.