Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers (13403 Views)

Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan / The Need For Ministers Despite Existing Career Permanent Secretaries / “I Don’t Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers” – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by Descartes: 3:00pm On Nov 29, 2015
The Presidency has distanced President Muhammadu Buhari from reports that there will be a downward review of ministers’ salaries.

A newspaper report had claimed that Buhari would cut the salaries of ministers significantly and place some restrictions on them.

But the President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, in a series of tweets, on Saturday, denied the reports.

He said, “President Buhari has not tampered with the salaries and allowances of federal ministers. They remain as they have been prescribed by the Revenue Mobilisation and Fiscal Commission under a law passed in 2008.

“The President and the Vice President have voluntarily offered a 50 per cent salary cut. This is[right][/right] voluntary and does not apply to ministers and other political appointees.

“Reports to the effect that the President has imposed an austere package on the ministers are unknown to us. The administration has not tampered with the salaries of ministers and that remain as prescribed under the law.”
http://punchng.com/fg-denies-salary-cut-for-ministers/

Cc Lalasticlala

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by jaymejate: 3:05pm On Nov 29, 2015
I'm confused oo, i was rejoicing that ministers won't be collecting naija money finish.
Now Fed Idiot Govt is denying that. E nor good o.
Una go say this con deny later. If this is the proposed "change" , you have failed!

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by Flets: 3:08pm On Nov 29, 2015
The salaries were never cut. The numbers published last week was consistent with current renumerations for their offices.

It was just the APC Zombies clutching at straws in an attempt to salvage a thoroughly battered image of their lord buhari by claiming non-existent salary cuts.

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 29, 2015
Confused President

Confused Media Assistants

Confused Senators

Confused Ministers

Confused Government

Even the supporters are confused

I give up!

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by DickDastardly(m): 3:12pm On Nov 29, 2015
grin cheesy grin
APC no go kill us ooo!
Useless pipo

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
This government sef..... When you rejoice over a good thing they have done they come out to deny it. I wonder who advises these people.

Boko Haram: See What Buhari Was Caught Doing In Iran. SEE IT HERE>>>>>www.intensetalk.com

5 Likes

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by Phoenix6278(m): 3:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
Good to know that they read the reports at least , cos if recent it seems the govt is not aware of what is happening amongst the populace. They probably read nairaland too.. who knows ? undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by gurunlocker: 3:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
poor media report since may 29, 2015

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by kennyman2000(m): 3:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
This generation of media houses just dey anyhow. Its high time, buhari start getting their asses sued for misinformation.. Ohhh, lest i forget, the coys arent owned by south africans.

8 Likes

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by Idiataqueen(f): 3:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
Lies Everywhere,AnyWay It's not my business.

5 Likes

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by Descartes: 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2015
Fraud everywhere

8 Likes

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by kayboy4y(m): 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2015
I'm beginning to appreciate GEJ gradually tongue. Everything have been so difficult since June 2015.

But hope isn't lost. I will still shout Sai Buhari till 2019.

God Bless Nigeria!

Pls dont quote me.

5 Likes

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by Jonjerrie(m): 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2015
Nothing is goin well in this country since buhari came to power all. We keep hearing I bomb blast,fuel scarcity and lies nothing. More. Sick. And tired. Of this. Misleading govt

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2015
I don't even know what to write

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by frank2kky(m): 3:16pm On Nov 29, 2015
I never believed such right from the unset, coz plan associated wit APC is dead on arrival..

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by free2ryhme: 3:16pm On Nov 29, 2015
We have hear
Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by bjprodint(f): 3:16pm On Nov 29, 2015
Its not my business.if dem pay dem 1 bilionaira or 1 kobo e no mean say my oga for work go increase or decrease my salary

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by loomer: 3:16pm On Nov 29, 2015
Who no know, or u think say amaechi for accept the nomination before?

3 Likes

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by sinizia: 3:16pm On Nov 29, 2015

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by UncleSnr(m): 3:16pm On Nov 29, 2015

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by Ucheosefoh(m): 3:16pm On Nov 29, 2015
Government of denial say something today deny tomorrow if you believe anything from this government then to deceive you no hard

2 Likes

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 29, 2015
;Dhahaha,i laff in igbo.
Just recently,buhari zombies cows were rejoicing at what they thought was "a good policy" from their cattle rearer and a "fatal silencer" to the wailers not knowing they've been fooled again!! grin grin.
6months wasted, none of dullarpos promises are near being fufilled,heck hes' denied most of em.
APC is the biggest fraud of the century,even the "sai baba" howlers are frustrated grin.
Enjoy your change nigerians.
onwebeghi ihe ifu grin

10 Likes

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by steffans(m): 3:17pm On Nov 29, 2015
I knew it was a lie...

With that letter..
The ministers job won't look attractive again...

DTA 35K??

And other ridiculous amounts...

What's happening with our media dis days?

Lies are peddled so fast...
But the truth doesn't go anywhere..
Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by Seunaj05(m): 3:18pm On Nov 29, 2015
The bottom line is that "Buhari accorded too much power on the GCFR" he tot he can always have his way. Now that he is feeling the HEAT GEJ felt, he is "EATING his words" The next time he denies, he is going to apologize to Jonathan

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by Descartes: 3:18pm On Nov 29, 2015
When Olisa Metuh said that Buhari and APC are not ready for the business of governance, Adesina called him a broken record but now he has been vindicated cheesy

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by JJCE(m): 3:19pm On Nov 29, 2015
Hum hum, End time president with End time ministers, govern End time country, I wouldn't mind to get End time likes from my fellow Friends in End time crew........

2 Likes

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by omogin(f): 3:19pm On Nov 29, 2015
With the kick backs they get from contractors and directors in the MDAs, they won't even need salaries, lol... You can ask Vice Chancellors and Chief Medical Directors of tertiary institutions.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by greatestman(m): 3:19pm On Nov 29, 2015
Worthless gist Adesina (Propaganda)
Correct and reasonable gist (Garba Shehu).

That means oga dey do dirty work while assistant dey do clean work.

I rest my case.
Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by sinizia: 3:19pm On Nov 29, 2015
UncleSnr:
I been think say Devil was the father of all lies, APC just proved me wrong.

The devil saw the lies emanating from APC and screamed; "Jesus Christ!!"

9 Likes

Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 29, 2015
Flets:
The salaries were never cut. The numbers published last week was consistent with current renumerations for their offices.

It was just the APC Zombies clutching at straws in an attempt to salvage a thoroughly battered image of their lord buhari by claiming non-existent salary cuts.

It's not an APC thing. The difference is that they no longer have unlimited access to public funds. They don't have contracts to inflate and award to themselves. I look forward to similar controls in the National Assembly.
Re: FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers by Aitee1: 3:21pm On Nov 29, 2015
They can't cut salary of those thieves in the name of politicians but they want to reduce minimum wage of 18k undecided

May the most deadlier sickness attack y'all angry angry angry

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

PMB Clearing Many Years Of Rot – Bakare / Kogi State Government Names Her Caretaker Chairmen / PDP Youths Threaten Takeover Of Party Within 7 days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.