Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,394 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) (36618 Views)

Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Construction Of Flats In Owerri (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by Favored4gud: 3:28pm On May 10, 2016
[Cool. Thank you.quote author=skimanski post=45482140]

This is POP Wall Screeding. Different from Plastering with Cement and Plaster Sand. It makes the Wall surface Smoother than when its just plastered Wall. Its called Quality. A painted wall that was screeded has a more quality look than a Painted wall without Screeding.

[/quote]
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 8:27am On May 11, 2016
On going Updates on Kitchen Cabinets and Wardrobes

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 11:21am On May 12, 2016
Updates on Kitchen Cabinets

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:03pm On May 13, 2016
KITCHEN CABINET & WARDROBE WORKS

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:18am On May 18, 2016
Master's Bedroom Wardrobe. Trying to go Simple and Elegant, just Hoping we got it.

3 Likes

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:20am On May 18, 2016
Current External Look as Work is still Ongoing Externally.

Precast Design and Septic Tank in Pics

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 12:14pm On May 22, 2016
Kitchen Cabinet for UNIT 2

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 12:14pm On May 22, 2016
Playing with the Kitchen Wall Using Left Over Wood.

1 Like

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 12:15pm On May 22, 2016
Ongoing Master's Wardrobe for UNIT 2

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 12:15pm On May 22, 2016
Ongoing Back Stairway Tiling Works

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by ice4u999(m): 3:11pm On May 22, 2016
Just wondering any idea what the asking price to rent one of these flats?
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:09pm On May 23, 2016
ice4u999:
Just wondering any idea what the asking price to rent one of these flats?

No information on that yet, but Kindly send me an email while i source for that Info from Client as he lives Overseas.
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:07pm On Jun 11, 2016
Installation of Internal Doors

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:08pm On Jun 11, 2016
Also We resume Installation of Toilet Fittings

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:10pm On Jun 11, 2016
Current External Look as we take off Scaffold on Building

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by Qc1(m): 8:25am On Jun 15, 2016
skimanski:
Email me at skimanski4life@yahoo.com so that I can email you a total breakdown of cost

^^^^

Oga skimanski please email me the total breakdown of this house too at this email address; keem4ever69@gmail.com

Thanks.
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by Marilo(m): 12:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
skimanski:

Kindly Email me via below email info:

skimanski4life@yahoo.com
jude@dnstructures.com

Hello chief,

Kindly email the the total cost of construction of this building as well as the revised cost if it were to be constructed on a dry land in lagos mainland.

I have a similar prototype in mind and would like to kick of in July 2016.

My email address is marilocas@yahoo.com
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by ice4u999(m): 3:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
Qc1:

^^^^

Oga skimanski please email me the total breakdown of this house too at this email address; keem4ever69@gmail.com

Thanks.

Please add me on that email ice4u999@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 7:49pm On Jun 21, 2016
As we prepare to Inspection chambers which is to be followed by Paving

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by sunite1: 10:57pm On Jun 21, 2016
Oga Jude, I am just wondering since the septic is all casted how will waste water be drying up. I thought soak away usually have hollow block to allow waste water to dry up.

sorry for my pay man question
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by sunite1: 1:30pm On Jun 22, 2016
please what is the cost of those internal doors?
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 8:54pm On Jun 22, 2016
sunite1:
Oga Jude, I am just wondering since the septic is all casted how will waste water be drying up. I thought soak away usually have hollow block to allow waste water to dry up.

sorry for my pay man question

This is a water logged area. Hollow bricks cannot be used here. It will collapse on it self.
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 8:55pm On Jun 22, 2016
sunite1:
please what is the cost of those internal doors?

Each door cost N35,000. current market price
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 8:57pm On Jun 22, 2016
More Internal Updates

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by sunite1: 9:05pm On Jun 22, 2016
This is a water logged area. Hollow bricks cannot be used here. It will collapse on it self.

Thanks. so how will waste water be disposed? water from bathroom and toilets. won't the septic fill up within a short time?
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:30pm On Jun 22, 2016
sunite1:

Thanks. so how will waste water be disposed? water from bathroom and toilets. won't the septic fill up within a short time?

First thing First. Get a high foundation which we have done. As I take pictures of dry compound, the whole area is flooded. So like i said get a high foundation, so that you do not have to sink your septic tank to low.

1 Like

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:35pm On Jun 22, 2016
Secondly your septic tank must be divided into 2 partitions (1-Septic tank 2-soakaway) Septic is for Toilet waste, while soakaway is for waste water. The soakaway part must have holes, which will allow water in and out of the pit. but not that part will always have water coming in from the holes below the water level, hence the reason why you need a high foundation so the septic tank and soakaway are not buried too low.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:41pm On Jun 22, 2016
Now finally connect a pipe linking the septic tank water to the soakaway. The idea is that once the toilet stool water fills up to that link pipe point, it drains into the soakaway, and suppose to soakaway from there into the soil from there via the little pipes.

Note that there are situation where the water lever might increase the water in the soakaway higher than the pipe such that the water is suppose to go back into the septic tank, that can be solve by putting what is called a no-return valve, on the pipe so that water goes out of the septic tank but do not come in.

1 Like

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by sunite1: 9:41pm On Jun 22, 2016
This is POP Wall Screeding. Different from Plastering with Cement and Plaster Sand. It makes the Wall surface Smoother than when its ju
st plastered Wall. Its called Quality. A painted wall that was screeded has a more quality look than a Painted wall without Screeding.

please what is the cost of internal and external screeding per sqm? kindly e-mail details to funmilayo_victor@yahoo.com.

Will also appreciate if you can direct me on how and where to gets similar doors. Thanks
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by sunite1: 9:54pm On Jun 22, 2016
skimanski:
Secondly your septic tank must be divided into 2 partitions (1-Septic tank 2-soakaway) Septic is for Toilet waste, while soakaway is for waste water. The soakaway part must have holes, which will allow water in and out of the pit. but not that part will always have water coming in from the holes below the water level, hence the reason why you need a high foundation so the septic tank and soakaway are not buried too low.
skimanski:
Now finally connect a pipe linking the septic tank water to the soakaway. The idea is that once the toilet stool water fills up to that link pipe point, it drains into the soakaway, and suppose to soakaway from there into the soil from there via the little pipes.
Note that there are situation where the water lever might increase the water in the soakaway higher than the pipe such that the water is suppose to go back into the septic tank, that can be solve by putting what is called a no-return valve, on the pipe so that water goes out of the septic tank but do not come in.
skimanski:

Thanks for the detailed explanation. very clear.
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by bugmenot: 7:25pm On Jun 23, 2016

Kindly include me in that email, Oga Skimanski - infinity_ng (at) yahoo (dot) co (dot) uk. Thanks in advance.

Qc1:

^^^^

Thanks.

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 1:06pm On Jun 26, 2016
Resumption of Internal Painting works

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Night Club On Fire At Adeniran Ogunsanya, Surulere (Pictures) / Ambode Building Bus Terminal In Yaba (Photos) / Beautiful Plaster Of Paris (POP) Installations..pictures Included

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.