Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) (36751 Views)

Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Construction Of Flats In Owerri (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by teelord1(m): 9:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
Hi Skimanski,

Please I'm still marvel by the way you sink your septic tank, without excavator, crane or any machinery can you please shed some light on that enlighten me. Thanks
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 8:58am On Jun 27, 2016
We Design Unique and good designs for very affordable prices. We also build and finish your houses at top quality workmanship. our designs are always unique, so we always advise to handle the project personally. We also do Interior Designs, Shops, Kitchen Rooms e.t.c attached is some of my designs and finishes. Action the say, speaks louder than words

architectural designs. Construction, Renovations, and Interiors. (Tiling, Kitchen, furnishings and solving general House problems)
Dezyns and Structures.

Architect Jude O. Odemwingie.
email: jude@dnstructures.com
email: skimanski4life@yahoo.com
Tel; 08038390386 or 08185174782
follow us on Instagram: @ dezynstructures

Kindly take your time to Follow our numerous professional works on every page of these links below

https://www.nairaland.com/1164230/best-architectural-interior-construction-works
https://www.nairaland.com/2067260/lekki-gardens-finishings
https://www.nairaland.com/1331375/architecture-lagos-nigeria-construction-duplex
https://www.nairaland.com/1522743/new-dimension-nigerian-architecture-construction
https://www.nairaland.com/2543797/4-bedroom-duplex-new-dimension
https://www.nairaland.com/2963940/arcadia-groove-estate-constructing-4
https://www.nairaland.com/2770635/construction-works-units-flats-new
https://www.nairaland.com/2985698/construction-flats-owerri-new-dimension
https://www.nairaland.com/3079756/renovation-diary-new-dimension-nigerian
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:19pm On Jun 29, 2016
After Intense work on My Gate Design, Its finally out. Been trying out this design for a while, and has never come out nice. I think This one looks better off now, maybe because of the attention to details on this particular exercise.

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by mufutau55(m): 2:15am On Jul 03, 2016
skimanski:
Now finally connect a pipe linking the septic tank water to the soakaway. The idea is that once the toilet stool water fills up to that link pipe point, it drains into the soakaway, and suppose to soakaway from there into the soil from there via the little pipes.

Note that there are situation where the water lever might increase the water in the soakaway higher than the pipe such that the water is suppose to go back into the septic tank, that can be solve by putting what is called a no-return valve, on the pipe so that water goes out of the septic tank but do not come in.

Oga Skimanski. There is some concern that when both septic tank and soakaway are linked together like you explained above there may be foul odour going back to into the house thru the pipes. How is this addressed or it's just a rumours and false claim. Thank you.

cc: @Fash28

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 7:57am On Jul 03, 2016
mufutau55:

Oga Skimanski. There is some concern that when both septic tank and soakaway are linked together like you explained above there may be foul odour going back to into the house thru the pipes. How is this addressed or it's just a rumours and false claim. Thank you.

cc: @Fash28

Hajji M.

Yes we had that challenge in one of our projects some time ago, that was when we learnt that every chambers must have a vent on the pipe before and after the chambers. Also they will be a vent from the septic tank and soakaway that leads smell out. This vent pipe can be connects to the fence and let out from there so avoid damage by compound vehicles
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by mank1234(m): 11:41am On Jul 03, 2016
skimanski:

Yes we had that challenge in one of our projects some time ago, that was when we learnt that every chambers must have a vent on the pipe before and after the chambers. Also they will be a vent from the septic tank and soakaway that leads smell out. This vent pipe can be connects to the fence and let out from there so avoid damage by compound vehicles

Use of u-pipe to trap water as in the picture below can stop the odour coming up. It's the same principle as WC.

How does one know when a septic tank is full?

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by mank1234(m): 11:47am On Jul 03, 2016
skimanski:
After Intense work on My Gate Design, Its finally out. Been trying out this design for a while, and has never come out nice. I think This one looks better off now, maybe because of the attention to details on this particular exercise.

Welldone boss. I'm one of your ardent followers. What's the weight of one wing of this gate? (Estimate is okay if actual is unknown). Thanks in advance.
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by mufutau55(m): 2:18pm On Jul 03, 2016
skimanski:

Thank you very much Sir for the good info.
I will appreciate it if come accross any of your pictures showing this details. Thanks very much as usual.

Cc: @Fash28

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 7:33am On Jul 04, 2016
mank1234:

Use of u-pipe to trap water as in the picture below can stop the odour coming up. It's the same principle as WC.

How does one know when a septic tank is full?

I will have to disagree with you on that as that method is only used to trap water and not odour
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 7:37am On Jul 04, 2016
mank1234:

Welldone boss. I'm one of your ardent followers. What's the weight of one wing of this gate? (Estimate is okay if actual is unknown). Thanks in advance.

Thanks sir

One wing of the gate is between 75kg to 83kg in weight.

1 Like

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 7:39am On Jul 04, 2016
mufutau55:

Thank you very much Sir for the good info.
I will appreciate it if come accross any of your pictures showing this details. Thanks very much as usual.

Hajji M.

Oga hajji. Will look for time to get to that property, as I haven't been to that area for a while now.
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by mufutau55(m): 12:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
skimanski:

Oga hajji. Will look for time to get to that property, as I haven't been to that area for a while now.

Thank you Sir.

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by mank1234(m): 11:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
skimanski:

Thanks sir

One wing of the gate is between 75kg to 83kg in weight.

Thanks boss
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by fash78(m): 5:53am On Jul 05, 2016
skimanski:

Hello my brother. I raised the concern of odour when Septic Tank and soakaway are connected together as Hajji mentioned. Can you please provide a schematics of how the vents should be placed on each pipe for each chamber and also any other place the vent should be located. Thsnks
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 6:55am On Jul 07, 2016
fash78:

Hello my brother. I raised the concern of odour when Septic Tank and soakaway are connected together as Hajji mentioned. Can you please provide a schematics of how the vents should be placed on each pipe for each chamber and also any other place the vent should be located. Thsnks

Sorry for the delay. I could finally get the Pictures from our project on how the Vent thing close to the IC is done. Kindly find below

1 Like

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by topsy23: 8:42am On Jul 07, 2016
Oga skimanski, the best is to separate the soil and waste chamber from each other when running the external pipes. I normally be on bricklayers neck when doing the chambers. There are some plumbers that run the soil and waste pipes into the same chamber and no demarcation. I have done some corrections for many clients. The last I did was in ajah area, the sitting room, dining were smelling to the extent that they can not entertain/welcome visitors. We opened all the chambers and discovered all waste water pipes and soil pipes were run in the same chamber without demarcation. We separated all the waste water pipes from the chambers and use magic waste in some of the wash hand basin in order to retain water to prevent odour going back to the house. The pictures shown above by mank1234 can also work, it retain water and prevent odour from going back
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 11:38am On Jul 07, 2016
topsy23:
Oga skimanski, the best is to separate the soil and waste chamber from each other when running the external pipes. I normally be on bricklayers neck when doing the chambers. There are some plumbers that run the soil and waste pipes into the same chamber and no demarcation. I have done some corrections for many clients. The last I did was in ajah area, the sitting room, dining were smelling to the extent that they can not entertain/welcome visitors. We opened all the chambers and discovered all waste water pipes and soil pipes were run in the same chamber without demarcation. We separated all the waste water pipes from the chambers and use magic waste in some of the wash hand basin in order to retain water to prevent odour going back to the house. The pictures shown above by mank1234 can also work, it retain water and prevent odour from going back

@Topsy23. Trust me when i say it. the soil and waste line we completely separated. Sealed and before been covered. There is no way one will smell unto the other.
Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2016
Creating our inspection Chambers as we do external piping

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 8:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
Internal Painting In pics

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:46pm On Jul 15, 2016
STairs Railings Works been Welded on SIte.

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
resumption of External Painting works

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:49pm On Jul 18, 2016
Resumption of Electrical fittings

1 Like

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:31pm On Jul 18, 2016
Stairs Railings almost done

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:36pm On Aug 01, 2016
Closing down on internal finish

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:38pm On Aug 01, 2016

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:13am On Aug 04, 2016
Sanding of External wall

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:14am On Aug 04, 2016
Erecting our water tank STand

1 Like

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:15am On Aug 04, 2016
Paving our external floor

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:33pm On Aug 09, 2016

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:00pm On Aug 15, 2016
More Updates on Interlocks

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 6:18am On Aug 16, 2016
Erecting our electrical Pole

Re: Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2016
External Storm Drain Outlet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow In Akure (aluminium Phase) / Beautiful Plaster Of Paris (POP) Installations..pictures Included / how much will it cost me to Roof a 3 bedroom building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.