Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,118 members, 7,953,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:11 PM

Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? (10700 Views)

Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed / FG Backtracks On December Deadline, Says Suicide Bombings May Continue / Military Unlikely To Crush Boko Haram By December Deadline - ThisDay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by Image123(m): 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
DedeNkem:
Any competent person won't give a date to destroy terrorists. Unless the person is close to the terrorists and knows they will obey him.

Successful people usually set goals and targets, they AIM. Clueless people don't AIM.
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by Image123(m): 7:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
Jaideyone:
the target is not achievable. terrorism can't be defeated within a shot time especially when the group had four years to grow. I'm sure even PMB knows that. the purpose of the target is not to bring a complete end to the activity of that insurgents by the end of the year but to serve as a goal based on which percentage performance can be calculated.

people in sales will understand what I mean. if you do 80% of your sales target for a year you've done well. you can now build on that performance cos the target for the next year will even be higher. if you do 50% then you know you have to work hard and improve.

the target is not to put an end to terrorism but a just a timeline based on which performance can be measured. e.g how many local governments were under the control of insurgents before? how many are still under their control right now? (one I think). how often do we have incidence of bomb blasts and BH attacks now? what was the rate before?

Nice one. Note though that the target is to stop boko haram occupying Nigerian territory as its own, not to eradicate bombs. That one is more complex, though with God's help it can be done. The FG is not expecting bombs to stop by the end of the year, they are expecting all of Nigerian territory to have been reclaimed from boko haram includng Sambissa, and boko haram highly subdued and left with only soft target attacks.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by DedeNkem: 9:22pm On Dec 01, 2015
Image123:

Successful people usually set goals and targets, they AIM. Clueless people don't AIM.

Are you so clueless to not know the f*ucking difference between setting a goal and setting a date?

You can't set a date to resolve a problem if you don't have control over it!! And not even every problem you've full control of, you can resolve at a specific date you hope!

Intelligent people hardly promise a date to resolve a problem. They normslly use "maybe", "probably" and hardly give specific date. You give a specific date to people, there's always 50% chance that you'll fail to deliver. You can give yourself a date but don't give people a date you're not 100% sure you won't fail!!
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by wealthinfos(m): 7:03am On Dec 02, 2015
lalasticlala, ishiluv over to u
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by elopee3000(m): 12:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
Jaideyone:
what is this unemployed IPOB dimwit trying to say? I don't understand that trash u call language. I've never been to gombe or anywhere in the north. try again. Igbo goat cheesy
how will u understand I don't speak Yoruba Yoruba ewu jalingo
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by Okanokan(m): 3:00pm On Dec 02, 2015
Are you asking me? Please direct your Question to Mr President. However, Terrorism can only be contained and thier ability to strike limited. The Boko Haram/Isis terrorism is WAR WITHOUT END! Because of the religious imputation to the war.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Rejects Motions To Stop Saraki, Dasuki, Metuh’s Trials / Fuel Marketers Pay In Dollars To Transport Products Within Nigeria: Sergius Ogun / SERAP Asks Appeal Court To Order Release Of Asset Declarations Of Buhari, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.