Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? (10589 Views)

Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed / FG Backtracks On December Deadline, Says Suicide Bombings May Continue / Military Unlikely To Crush Boko Haram By December Deadline - ThisDay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by jeremioluwaseyi: 7:41pm On Nov 30, 2015
Jaideyone:
the target is not achievable. terrorism can't be defeated within a shot time especially when the group had four years to grow. I'm sure even PMB knows that. the purpose of the target is not to bring a complete end to the activity of that insurgents by the end of the year but to serve as a goal based on which percentage performance can be calculated.

people in sales will understand what I mean. if you do 80% of your sales target for a year you've done well. you can now build on that performance cos the target for the next year will even be higher. if you do 50% then you know you have to work hard and improve.

the target is not to put an end to terrorism but a just a timeline based on which performance can be measured. e.g how many local governments were under the control of insurgents before? how many are still under their control right now? (one I think). how often do we have incidence of bomb blasts and BH attacks now? what was the rate before?
I belive the answers to the questions above well point to the fact that we still have a long way to go with the issue of BH.
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by Ithee(m): 7:42pm On Nov 30, 2015
Hefemale:
He will soon come for your head
Loo!!!

Running on one leg!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by sirAmeh(m): 7:50pm On Nov 30, 2015
Only God can tell when it will end.
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by Hefemale: 7:52pm On Nov 30, 2015
Ithee:
Loo!!! Running on one leg!!!!!!!!!!!
He will soon catch up with u
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by DonMcek: 8:07pm On Nov 30, 2015
When u have a comedian as d president. # talks to make us happy # #bring back our... #
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by adeniyia33(m): 8:14pm On Nov 30, 2015
Plus: PMB said Jonathan Govt killing of Boko bois was mere wickedness but he should stop killing them, yet, PMB regime is killing the boko bois too...where is intergrity?

Fashola and others accused Jona of not being able to fix crude oil issue and fuel scarcity too, here we are buying a litere of petrol for N150/per litre...

Super1759:

Someone once said that when it comes to lies APC holds a first class degree, I don’t think any smart Nigerian will dispute that fact.
Close to seven months after wining elections, they virtually have no policy of their own except for desperate attempts to appropriate Iweala’s TSA /IPPIS, Adesina’s rice revolution, and GEJ’s power sector reforms.
Here is a List of 10 things the APC insulted President Jonathan for doing and still hypocritically went on to do the same.

1. Trip to Chad
When GEJ sought Chad’s help to quell insurgency, Buhari and APC described it as a shame .
Chad was Buhari’s first trip as president for the same reason Jonathan went .

2. Foreign Trips
Lai Mohammed and his gang criticised every trip embarked upon by President Jonathan. They described his trip to Brazil as abdication of responsibility.m
Since his election seven months ago, Buhari’s has not spent 10 days in Nigeria, he has embarked on fruitless trips without any tangible result to show for such waste.

3. Waste
When we told Nigerians that Buhari does not need a helipad to land in Daura some shouted how much does a Helipad cost? some even said it cost less than 2 Million!
President Jonathan used a School field for helicopter landing , but the APC which criticised GEJ for waste of funds just paid 60 million just to settle land local owners for the Proposed Heliport which covers 4 hectares .

4. Security
When Jonathan failed to decapitate Boko Haram, he gave a deadline of December and later March. APC described it as incompetence and cluelessness
Buhari who earlier promised to finish off boko in 2 weeks have given an extension of 3 months to the army after over 3000 lives have been lost ,the same method they earlier condemned.

5. Integrity of Politicians
The APC criticised PDP and Jonathan for appointing/ presenting people with “questionable”character to run for public office .
Today ,we have Timipreye Sylva and late Abubakar Audu flying the APC gubernatorial flags in Bayelsa and Kogi respectively.

6. First Ladies Office.
They described it as unconstitutional and a drain of public resources which will be scrapped once they get power.
Anyway Madam Aisha Buhari has moved into the first ladies office with several SSA’s who are being paid with tax payers money .

7. Agriculture Revolution .
Jonathan’s worst enemies will give his administration credit for 2 things:
Agricultural revolution and the 13 new federal Universities who will be churning out their first set of graduate in few months time.
APC which described the agricultural strides as superficial are now going behind to appropriate the achievements of President Jonathan which they earlier described as non existent.
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by elopee3000(m): 8:21pm On Nov 30, 2015
Jaideyone:
I've not had any encounter with you before but I can tell you are too dull to hold an intelligent discussion. ret@rded Igbo goat
ngwa pafutaya ka osie aturu gombe
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by Franky9584(m): 8:24pm On Nov 30, 2015
December! December!! December!!! like say e still far, na 2moro ooo, ...anyway, its not feasible, we were deceive wit DAT word "CHANGE"
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by Warpath(m): 8:28pm On Nov 30, 2015
B92SZQACZERR-1127292
BET9JA
WIN BIG
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by calliking(m): 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2015
Jaideyone:
the target is not achievable. terrorism can't be defeated within a shot time especially when the group had four years to grow. I'm sure even PMB knows that. the purpose of the target is not to bring a complete end to the activity of that insurgents by the end of the year but to serve as a goal based on which percentage performance can be calculated.

people in sales will understand what I mean. if you do 80% of your sales target for a year you've done well. you can now build on that performance cos the target for the next year will even be higher. if you do 50% then you know you have to work hard and improve.

the target is not to put an end to terrorism but a just a timeline based on which performance can be measured. e.g how many local governments were under the control of insurgents before? how many are still under their control right now? (one I think). how often do we have incidence of b
Folksyharry post=40556494:
From the look of things it doesn't seem like we will see the end of boko haram by December but I'm going to assume FG and NA have the solution till the end of month.
Folksyharry:
From the look of things it doesn't seem like we will see the end of boko haram by December but I'm going to assume FG and NA have the solution till the end of month.
omb blasts and BH attacks now? what was the rate before?
you talking trash bro
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 30, 2015
Pffft complete rubbish grin

he should have thought about "realism" before he made a bogus promise like that. Anyways its politics and all politicians are dirty liars
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by mixedsmile: 8:38pm On Nov 30, 2015
fake APC......the gathering of propagandists
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by raphok1(m): 8:39pm On Nov 30, 2015
Ioannes:
we can always hope, can't we? more realistically, maybe not. but its good we set goals and put a time to the fight.

we can't keep fighting this monster forever.

at the end of December if the goal is not achieved, the military can sit down and analyse and re-strategize.

we need to keep them on their toes.

if na GEJ u no go reason like this ooo. God is watching u oo.
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by Letoma(m): 8:51pm On Nov 30, 2015
End time dead line
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by tonychristopher: 8:58pm On Nov 30, 2015
I don't doubt the deadline.. It's a question of calling the boys to order or maybe cease fire till whenable tenable

I don't doubt this deadline

Seriously
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by godwin120alex: 9:00pm On Nov 30, 2015
Jokers of d century. Even PMB supporters have accepted d fact dat BH attack has skyrocked and d are helpless
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by wiseoneking: 9:15pm On Nov 30, 2015
Jaideyone:

the target is not to put an end to terrorism but a just a timeline based on which performance can be measured. e.g how many local governments were under the control of insurgents before? how many are still under their control right now? (one I think). how often do we have incidence of bomb blasts and BH attacks now? what was the rate before?
Are you holding brief for apc or pmb or are you now his new spokes man? story writer. Buhari said that he will end insurgency by December but you are here telling stories and giving reasons that cannot hold water.
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by EmekaBlue(m): 9:29pm On Nov 30, 2015
Xpect XTENSION period...As a biafranNigerian i hope for the best for this country but d hypocrisy in this govt is just way too much..Mallam bubu duara is just moving around forming president wasting money on irrelevant journeys not even minding una...mumu apc supporters
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 30, 2015
Hayorstimmy:
Seriously op

Hv u forgotten december starts tomorrow
Anyway there is nothing too big for ma God to do. He is greater than d so called Allah.
Another fanatic at loose,don't let him bite youcheesy
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by blimeyVic(m): 10:04pm On Nov 30, 2015
Very Unrealistic. What should even warrant a country that ignores its Universities of Technology to make such heavy demands from its armed forces? It is not enough to buy weapons from outta town,then handing it over to soldiers only trained on how to shoot anything with blood in its veins. Does the Government know it has a course like Project Management Technology,which will consider holistically the efforts of curbing this menace,and other vital & goal-oriented but less sung of courses thought in its universities of technology? I remember when a certain country declined selling a particular special-purpose aircraft to Nigeria,on the grounds of possible abuse of its capabilities,funny. Putin threatens to erase any country that shoots at HIS Planes in operation from the face of the earth,and I am left to wonder if Russian historians,political scientists,musicians,lawyers, politicians,etc will be on ground to achieve such a daring feat.
The Nigerian Government of the day should go back,with adequate Funds, to the Universities of technology in order to enable us deal like a 21st century entity. Enough of all these noise-makers-without-action in our polity,if possible,close down some of these unreasonable social-oriented courses,and channel the resources towards technology-based courses. To say less.
#God Bless the Nigerian Armed Forces.
#We should incorporate functional Education for functional Methods to be adopted in achieving Critical National Goals.
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by Jaideyone(m): 12:05am On Dec 01, 2015
elopee3000:
ngwa pafutaya ka osie aturu gombe
what is this unemployed IPOB dimwit trying to say? I don't understand that trash u call language. I've never been to gombe or anywhere in the north. try again. Igbo goat cheesy
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by Jaideyone(m): 12:06am On Dec 01, 2015
wiseoneking:
Are you holding brief for apc or pmb or are you now his new spokes man? story writer. Buhari said that he will end insurgency by December but you are here telling stories and giving reasons that cannot hold water.
bros that's my opinion and pls next time state yours without quoting me to tell me I'm telling story. if you don't like like my story you can use the lagoon. thanks smiley
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by Jaideyone(m): 12:07am On Dec 01, 2015
calliking:
you talking trash bro
yeah it won't make sense to you. your stupidity is factory fitted
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by DedeNkem: 6:10am On Dec 01, 2015
Any competent person won't give a date to destroy terrorists. Unless the person is close to the terrorists and knows they will obey him.
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by Krayzeejhay(m): 7:05am On Dec 01, 2015
What I heard on the inauguration day was
*Vis insurgents will be eradicated by december*
What year abeg?..2020??
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by Flairoqy(m): 9:52am On Dec 01, 2015
Hayorstimmy:
Seriously op

Hv u forgotten december starts tomorrow
Anyway there is nothing too big for ma God to do. He is greater than d so called Allah.
Allah is the translation of God in Hausa, don't be confused and say nonsense.
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 01, 2015
raphok1:

if na GEJ u no go reason like this ooo. God is watching u oo.

lol. I didn't know it was that obvious that I loathe the man.

anyway the truth is that for 6years he could have and yet he didn't. wasn't he the one who said there is terrorism everywhere in the world so maybe its our turn? like seriously

the day buhari starts to mess up big time you will see me go for his jugular, at least online.

my concern is good governance, nothing else. am not a buhari worshipper.

peace.
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by gemale(m): 10:44am On Dec 01, 2015
kingthreat:
No. Unrealistic. Fighting an enemy that see glory in their demise no be beans.
I concur. Dts y we have 2 interdict their recruitment & training network. Their funding has 2 b uncovered & stopped.
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by kingthreat(m): 11:09am On Dec 01, 2015
gemale:

I concur. Dts y we have 2 interdict their recruitment & training network. Their funding has 2 b uncovered & stopped.

true talk. the training network has to be frustrated. else they will become like an hydra that keeps bearing more heads

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by wealthinfos(m): 12:59pm On Dec 01, 2015
kayroy5:
It realistic and possible.

how realistic? today is 1st december, are u saying this fight can be won in the remaining 30 days?
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by gemale(m): 4:27pm On Dec 01, 2015
kingthreat:

true talk. the training network has to be frustrated. else they will become like an hydra that keeps bearing more heads

Perfect analogy in use by u. Until d op carried out by forces battling boko haram begins 2 skewed 2wrds unconventional warfare, dere won't b significant victory against dem.
Re: Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? by Image123(m): 6:41pm On Dec 01, 2015
wealthinfos:
The December 2015 deadline by the president Buhari to end Boko Haram is already staring in our face unfortunately the bombs are still blowing. You. think we are winning this fight and the december deadline is realistic?

Of course the deadline is very possible. The goal is to stop/eradicate boko haram occupying Nigerian territory as its own, not stop bombs. The President has reiterated that a couple of times. He said it in the Aljazeera interview and i think when he was interviewed in France.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari: I’m Impressed With Level Of Development In Imo / Fg Pays Oil Marketers Outstanding N48.2b Subsidy Arrears / Pdp Must Not Die In Your Hands – Anenih Tells Sheriff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.