Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks (7265 Views)

Dino Melaye Escapes Assassination Attempt In Kogi As Gunmen Invade His Home / Governor Yahaya Bello Joins Christian Convention In Kogi As He Runs Into Them / Charms Seen At APC Secretariat In Delta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by maximunimpact(m): 10:44am On Nov 30, 2015
in politics there is no such thing as ''coincidence'', if anything happens, surely it was planned.
-
Korean proverb
Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by OnankpaBa(m): 10:44am On Nov 30, 2015
donTbone:

Only INEC and gud Kogi citizen
can give an answer bro! cheesy

Muhammed can't rule that state. Muhammed is arrogant.

I have had an opportunity to work with Muhammed in his hotel in asokoro. and i i knew what he is capable of. He has not even hold any political office in his life. Think about it bro.

1 Like

Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by Funjosh(m): 10:44am On Nov 30, 2015
undecided
Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by OnankpaBa(m): 10:45am On Nov 30, 2015
maximunimpact:
in politics there is no such thing as ''coincidence'', if anything happens, surely it was planned.
-
Korean proverb

i agreed with you my brother.
Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by donTbone(m): 10:47am On Nov 30, 2015
OnankpaBa:

Muhammed can't rule that state. Muhammed is arrogant.

I have had an opportunity to work with Muhammed in his hotel in asokoro. and i i knew what he is capable of. He has not even hold any political office in his life. Think about it bro.
Am not supporting him to be the Gov either. just funny how his name
was included in a potential replecement as the Gov of Kogi.

Am jus awaiting INEC's decision!
Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by OnankpaBa(m): 10:51am On Nov 30, 2015
donTbone:

Am not supporting him to be the Gov either. just funny how his name
was included in a potential replecement as the Gov of Kogi.

Am jus awaiting INEC's decision!

its well. INEC credibility will surely be tested in Kogi.
Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by SirSmithHarry(m): 10:51am On Nov 30, 2015
grin grin
Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by Charlydot2(m): 10:52am On Nov 30, 2015
For what nnam....
DONSMITH123:
By Levinus Nwabughiogu

As early 7am on Monday, the vicinity of the national secretariat of the All Progressives Congress, APC had already been flooded with men and officers of the Nigerian police who mounted road blocks and restricted both vehicular and human traffic.

This was even as the secretariat’s private security men conducted mild search on the passers-by.

Car owners who visited the place were told to seek parking space elsewhere away from the immediate parking lot at the threshold of the national office.

The developments were to the chagrin of the virtually all staff of the secretariat who were yet to know the reasons.

Vanguard however scooped that Mr. Yahaya Bello, the second runner in the first primary election of the party that threw up late Abubakar Audu as the former governorship candidate of the party in Kogi state would be visiting the party office today.

It is not certain whether he is the possible replacement for late Audu.

Another possible reason for the blockade, Vanguard gathered, was to prevent any large scale protests as it was learnt that various interest groups supporting various interests from Kogi were planning a large scale demonstration for their candidates.

It will be recalled that since after the inconclusive November 21 election in Kogi and the subsequent demise of Audu as APC candidate, various interests had come up rooting for different persons as possible replacement for Audu.

This has stirred up controversies in APC.

Amongst those jostling to step into late Audu’s shoes included his first son, Mohammed Audu; his erstwhile running mate, Hon. James Faleke who had written to the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, and the APC, asking to be declared Governor-Elect and the second runner, Yahaya Bello.

Though speculations have been in rife that the party has settled for Bello against all odds, it has not however made a categorical statement on the matter.

When contacted on Saturday, the Acting Publicity Secretary of the party, Comrade Timi Frank told Vanguard that the decision of the party would be made known today (Monday).

“We are still consulting on the issue. We would take a final stand on the issue of Audu’s replacement on Monday and we are definitely going to issue a statement on the issue”, he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/kogi-guber-impasse-police-mounts-roadblocks-restricts-movements-at-apc-national-secretariat/
Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by donTbone(m): 10:53am On Nov 30, 2015
OnankpaBa:

its well. INEC credibility will surely be tested in Kogi.
I'd prefer to say the NEW INEC chairaman's integrity is about to
be tested. Jega passed his own as far as am concerned!
Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by OnankpaBa(m): 10:53am On Nov 30, 2015
chesterlee:
IGALA Must Rule! ™™

not must.

Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by OnankpaBa(m): 10:54am On Nov 30, 2015
donTbone:

I'd prefer to say the NEW INEC chairaman's integrity is about to
be tested. Jega passed his own as far as am concerned!

we are waiting my brother..
Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 30, 2015
I THINK ALL CAN SEE HOW SELFISH IGALAS ARE

1 Like

Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by samco19: 10:56am On Nov 30, 2015
OnankpaBa:

when Jagaban has his interest what else did you expect? Falake is Tinubu boy. and we Kogites will not allow that to happen.
bros na kogi u cum frm ha aaa
Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by OnankpaBa(m): 10:58am On Nov 30, 2015
samco19:
bros na kogi u cum frm ha aaa

Am a kogite but that does not mean we should be bias.
Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by elopee3000(m): 10:58am On Nov 30, 2015
donTbone:
hehehehehehe! grin
Nigerian politics.

I thought we voted for party? angry
Why cant Faleke be declared Gov. elect?

Funny enough, I see Audu's son part of possible replacement grin grin grin grin
I don't even know him!

Ok o... Am waiting for Jagaban's Action!
how can they Falake a winner is he the apc candidate as a governor? Or was audu declared winner before he died? Kogi is only state igalas and ebiras got if Falake wants to rule a state let him go to osun or Ekiti state ,u people wants to rule others but don't want others to rule u can Yoruba people allow Egun person to rule lagos angry
Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 30, 2015
IGALA MUST GO ENOUGH IS ENOUGH... FEAR GOD IN ALL YOU DO IGALAS... YOUR LION AUDU IS GONE AND YOU LEARNT NO LESSON FROM IT. ODE
chesterlee:
IGALA Must Rule! ™™
Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by Funjosh(m): 11:03am On Nov 30, 2015
So many hidden post on the first page
Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 30, 2015
OnankpaBa:

when Jagaban has his interest what else did you expect? Falake is Tinubu boy. and we Kogites will not allow that to happen.

How funny, you allowed him to be running mate, so what won't you allow?

1 Like

Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by DONSMITH123(m): 11:10am On Nov 30, 2015
Funjosh:

i sensed same thing my brother.
Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by aliscomonaj: 11:10am On Nov 30, 2015
After [b]killing [/b]my uncle(Audu) for their interest! Now see them celebrating his death!! Foolish people!!!
Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by Abayhormy(m): 11:10am On Nov 30, 2015
elopee3000:
how can they Falake a winner is he the apc candidate as a governor? Or was audu declared winner before he died? Kogi is only state igalas and ebiras got if Falake wants to rule a state let him go to osun or Ekiti state ,u people wants to rule others but don't want others to rule u can Yoruba people allow Egun person to rule lagos angry
Oga, are you from Kogi Stae at All ??!
Don't you know the Three Major Tribes in Kogi??!
Don't you know they are Igala, Okun(Yoruba), and Ebira ?
Faleke is from Ekirin ade, Ijumu LGA, Kogi State, one of the 5 Local Governments Areas Of the Okuns(Yoruba) in Kogi state.

2 Likes

Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by HRich(m): 11:11am On Nov 30, 2015
DONSMITH123:
By Levinus Nwabughiogu

As early 7am on Monday, the vicinity of the national secretariat of the All Progressives Congress, APC had already been flooded with men and officers of the Nigerian police who mounted road blocks and restricted both vehicular and human traffic.

This was even as the secretariat’s private security men conducted mild search on the passers-by.

Car owners who visited the place were told to seek parking space elsewhere away from the immediate parking lot at the threshold of the national office.

The developments were to the chagrin of the virtually all staff of the secretariat who were yet to know the reasons.

Vanguard however scooped that Mr. Yahaya Bello, the second runner in the first primary election of the party that threw up late Abubakar Audu as the former governorship candidate of the party in Kogi state would be visiting the party office today.

It is not certain whether he is the possible replacement for late Audu.

Another possible reason for the blockade, Vanguard gathered, was to prevent any large scale protests as it was learnt that various interest groups supporting various interests from Kogi were planning a large scale demonstration for their candidates.

It will be recalled that since after the inconclusive November 21 election in Kogi and the subsequent demise of Audu as APC candidate, various interests had come up rooting for different persons as possible replacement for Audu.

This has stirred up controversies in APC.

Amongst those jostling to step into late Audu’s shoes included his first son, Mohammed Audu; his erstwhile running mate, Hon. James Faleke who had written to the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, and the APC, asking to be declared Governor-Elect and the second runner, Yahaya Bello.

Though speculations have been in rife that the party has settled for Bello against all odds, it has not however made a categorical statement on the matter.

When contacted on Saturday, the Acting Publicity Secretary of the party, Comrade Timi Frank told Vanguard that the decision of the party would be made known today (Monday).

“We are still consulting on the issue. We would take a final stand on the issue of Audu’s replacement on Monday and we are definitely going to issue a statement on the issue”, he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/kogi-guber-impasse-police-mounts-roadblocks-restricts-movements-at-apc-national-secretariat/
Dead Man's shoe. His spirit hurting Apc members.
Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by OnankpaBa(m): 11:11am On Nov 30, 2015
MhizRonny:

How funny, you allowed him to be running mate, so what won't you allow?

when Tinubu's hand is involved. My love his time is up. God knew why things turn out this way.
Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by OnankpaBa(m): 11:12am On Nov 30, 2015
Funjosh:

yeah...Cc: lalasticlala, there are so many hidden comments on the front page, what happened o.
Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by kalusky02(m): 11:14am On Nov 30, 2015
Those blocking the major high ways in Kogi state because of the nomination of Bello to replace Abubakar Audu should have it at the back of their mind that the governorship seat in Kogi is not reserved for a particular ethnic group or tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by donTbone(m): 11:16am On Nov 30, 2015
elopee3000:
Another Tribalistic fellow. angry
I smell the Biafran blood in you sad
Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by Nasige(m): 11:22am On Nov 30, 2015
i pray all dis whole drama ends in peace...........PEACE IS ALL I PRAY FOR MY DEAR STATE
Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by samuel900(m): 11:23am On Nov 30, 2015
MUMUNATU, AGATUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

OnankpaBa:

Re: Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks by younginfopreneur: 11:26am On Nov 30, 2015
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo Of Atiku Abubakar As A Custom Officer / PDP NEC: Dr. Iyorchia Ayu Withdraw Court Case Against His Removal / Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.