Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,688 members, 7,844,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

How Do I Advise Him... .. . It's Serious - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Advise Him... .. . It's Serious (749 Views)

Is She Trying To Use Me? I need your candid advise / My New Girlfriend Has A Big Br**st. Please Advise. / This Man Is Cursed And Needs Your Help. What Would You Advise Him To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Advise Him... .. . It's Serious by Eddygourdo(m): 12:35pm On Nov 30, 2015
On my BBM, I get alot of adds by men and women who have issues to talk about and need either a listening ear or good advice, I do this as my way of contributing to people's lives though I face many challenges of my own without anybody to speak to, which I find terrible. Anyway, yesterday was a terrible day for me cos a person died, and distance can't make me reach out to the person I care about for comfort, nevertheless I still will do my duty as a big ear and confidant. The issue now is that am not really myself today and can't really think properly, so instead of giving wrong advise, I preferred to bring it here and hopefully get other opinions.

A young man on this forum mailed me on an issue he is currently going through and confused about. Apparently he has been dating his fiance for awhile but recently she had to give up her Job to tend to her ailing father. Since she moved back home, the relationship has strained a bit, with quarrels and disagreements occurring more frequently, thus he said they quarrelled on Tuesday last week and didn't call one another all through till on Thursday evening when she called repetitedly where upon realising he wasn't picking up she decided to text him, informing him to come to Abuja immediately to see her cos something was wrong (she didn't specify Wat exactly) . the young man confided in me that he could have gone but apparently he had another lady over at home (his fiance ex-colleague), they been sleeping together as it were for awhile. Since he didn't respond to the text nor return the call, she sent him a message telling him they should take a break from the relationship, he responded in kind telling her how fed up he was with her sometimes overbearing attitude and being a control freak. He felt he had to respond like that being that it was unfair for her to order he came to Abuja without first inquiring about his availability, this he felt, tilll he got a text from her younger sister thanking him for waiting for their father to die and then breaking up with her sister on the same day. He was shocked at that news as she never mentioned that. He never realised her abrupt call to him was a reach out for emotional comfort because her father just gave up the ghost, he has tried calling her all to no avail, her mum has told him to stay away from her daughter since he could be so wicked and callous to end the relationship the same day her father died. He has tried to explain but nobody seems to listen, he needs advice on how to go about getting her back, cos her sorrow has reminded him how much he loved her.

I told him to travel physically as things are more difficult to handle over the phone, I believe that situation might be unsalvageable, but hey am not thinking straight. So Wat do u think I should tell him.
Re: How Do I Advise Him... .. . It's Serious by misspicy(f): 12:36pm On Nov 30, 2015
I used to know someone like him from nairaland, confused person cheesy........He should just apologise to her in person and hope she understands.....but if she does not,he should move on,that is the consequences of his actions cool

1 Like

Re: How Do I Advise Him... .. . It's Serious by iceberylin(m): 12:37pm On Nov 30, 2015
He's a Fool na...
Re: How Do I Advise Him... .. . It's Serious by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 30, 2015
Tell him it's too late...while his gf was mourning over her father's death,there he is f*cking ard & cheating behind his gf's back...
He don't deserved her..he thinks nothing but his eggplant angry
Re: How Do I Advise Him... .. . It's Serious by IamLEGEND1: 12:48pm On Nov 30, 2015
so she be acting all shady & expecting him to just come running to wherever she is with no concrete reason?

make she shift make we see road jare.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Advise Him... .. . It's Serious by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 30, 2015
I trust u
misspicy:
I used to know someone like him from nairaland, confused person cheesy........He should just apologise to her in person and hope she understands.....but if she does not,he should move on,that is the consequences of his actions cool
Re: How Do I Advise Him... .. . It's Serious by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 30, 2015
iceberylin:
He's a Fool na...
lolz...but y na?
Re: How Do I Advise Him... .. . It's Serious by MRBrownJ: 1:21pm On Nov 30, 2015
NONSENSE, he did what he believe was right at the time, and since the gal didnt think it was necessary to tell him about her dad's passing, then he is not at fault here. as much as her father's passing is a sad thing, that certainly shouldnt be a reason to stay with someone out of PITY.
Re: How Do I Advise Him... .. . It's Serious by Moz22: 2:03pm On Nov 30, 2015
KashyBaby:
Tell him it's too late...while his gf was mourning over her father's death,there he is f*cking ard & cheating behind his gf's back...
He don't deserved her..he thinks nothing but his eggplant angry
pls what's eggplant
Re: How Do I Advise Him... .. . It's Serious by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 30, 2015
Simply send her condolence messages. Shikena.

You said it is over, it is over.
Re: How Do I Advise Him... .. . It's Serious by GoldenJAT(m): 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2015
An adage says it is one that is wearing the shoe that knows were it pinches or pains mostly. I understand hw bad distance causes problems in relationships,let's not be biased here, the Guy was probably angry at her by the time the lady in question called. She made sum mistakes on her own part. No matter what always take time 2 ask ur partner how he/she is faring, it douses a lot of tension., letting d guy know y she needed him would av also made d guy respond in another way, can sum1 just hit the road and start Goin 2 abuja like that. If sumthin should happen now, they Wil say it's a woman that killed him.. They both made their mistakes. Let him go physically and render his unreserved apology, and if she refuses., well the truth will always come UP . OR the lady in question needed an excuse 2 breakup with him.. And she got 1

1 Like

Re: How Do I Advise Him... .. . It's Serious by Richy4(m): 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2015
In this case, there is basically nothing to remedy in the relationship. He should just move on because he doesn't deserve that kind of girl. based on your write up, the girl left to care for her dad, that alone shows that this same girl can care for him in future should he require help. Not all girls can abandon their job for their father's sake, if you doubt me ask the Naira land ladies.

Though I believe that is not all that is required in a relationship. but him cheating with someone the girl friend already knew, that is enough for you OP,to call a spade a spade and advice him that he belong out there, in the wild............

Oh!!!, before I forget, Tell your friend not to worry about the girl's emotion, because there is no better way of breaking up that is pain free.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Advise Him... .. . It's Serious by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 30, 2015
I don't want to appear like am taking sides but the guy is not a mind reader. He couldn't possibly know what she was going through.
It was just a case of bad timing.
If the guy can, he should go see her and pls don't tell her you are sleeping with her ex colleague. Don't tell her yet........................................that's rubbing salt into the already open wound.
Re: How Do I Advise Him... .. . It's Serious by Eddygourdo(m): 4:03pm On Nov 30, 2015
Still getting opinions though, at least from what I have read so far it appears alot of u agree with me on meeting her physically rather than through the phone, though you lot are divided on whether the relationship is still worth fighting for, the men are emphasising he isn't a mind reader and could not have known, while the ladies and some men are regarding him a cheating partner who didn't care to be aa better partner. Will await more opinions as that determines if truly his intention at trying to salvage the relationship is worthwhile. Hearty thanks to the contributors, you are great, lalasticlala need more insight. Thanks
Re: How Do I Advise Him... .. . It's Serious by Sarang(f): 4:07pm On Nov 30, 2015
He doesnt deserve her.

What could be more painful?

Abandoning,cheating and breaking up with your partner the day her father died.

Of course he didnt know the father died,so whats the excuse for the others?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Advise Him... .. . It's Serious by 2dice(m): 4:20pm On Nov 30, 2015
Some Girls will Think Guys are Mind Reader
Rubbish
Re: How Do I Advise Him... .. . It's Serious by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2015
Moz22:
pls what's eggplant

His sugarcane oooo..Lol tongue
Re: How Do I Advise Him... .. . It's Serious by MRBrownJ: 6:49pm On Nov 30, 2015
Eddygourdo:
Still getting opinions though, at least from what I have read so far it appears alot of u agree with me on meeting her physically rather than through the phone, though you lot are divided on whether the relationship is still worth fighting for, the men are emphasising he isn't a mind reader and could not have known, while the ladies and some men are regarding him a cheating partner who didn't care to be aa better partner. Will await more opinions as that determines if truly his intention at trying to salvage the relationship is worthwhile. Hearty thanks to the contributors, you are great, lalasticlala need more insight. Thanks

dont let pity cloud your judgment... if she was useless to you before her father died, then she should continue be just that now. trying to be with her again because her father died is a waste of time, because guess what?! she is still the same fukced up person you cant stand.
send your condolences and wish her a quick recovery.

btw does your above reply means that this story is about YOU?! lol
Re: How Do I Advise Him... .. . It's Serious by Eddygourdo(m): 6:53pm On Nov 30, 2015
MRBrownJ:

dont let pity cloud your judgment... if she was useless to you before her father died, then she should continue be just that now. trying to be with her again because her father died is a waste of time, because guess what?! she is still the same fukced up person you cant stand.
send your condolences and wish her a quick recovery.

btw does your above reply means that this story is about YOU?! lol
if you have ever come across my threads you will realise that if it's me, I will simply say so. There is no shame in admission. But it's the story of a fella who is very popular here apparently on nairaland. But won't share this via his account

(1) (Reply)

Have You Seen This End Time Tree? / Check Your Partner's Phone If You Need To / Ladies, You Are Your Own Headache

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.