Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. (41348 Views)

The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola / 13 Things You Need To Teach Your “girl Child” At An Early Age / 13 Things You Should Teach Your Child Before The Age Of 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by noblegrex: 10:47pm On Feb 05, 2016
This is serious oo. I can't laugh. It doesn't go that way man.its also good for a lady to be Educated.there are some other benefit.I prefer this to be in the JOKE section.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Gerrard59(m): 10:49pm On Feb 05, 2016
Amberon:
Take your problem elsewhere, not my mentions. Travel outside your village first before you talk shit. The fact remains that the an average Nigerian girl sees marriage as her [/b]highest achievement in life and is ready to forgo her certificate to be a stay-at-home wife[b] just as long as her husband dolls out regular pay check to her.

White women are the exact opposite. They dont see their partners as father christmas. An average Nigerian girl is always on the look out for a rich man and has zero goals and ambitions outside being a graduate.

At the bolded, when they decide to stay single it's the same people like you who remind them of their biological clock ticking. Rita Dominic, Genevieve and a host of successful single ladies have been maligned on Nairaland for being single. You accuse the ladies of marrying for money, tell me, who wants to marry a poor individual? Even the average guy would like/want to marry a successful lady.

When Nigerian ladies decide to behave like western women by being independent(an average Nigerian man detest such ladies and smart ones too, yet cries everyday about the non-availability of such ladies) you remind them of culture, tradition and the need of a man to be the head when relationship/marriage is a partnership.

What do majority of Nigerian men want from their women? The height of hypocrisy can make the tallest man look like a dwarf.

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 10:50pm On Feb 05, 2016
Toks2008:

Nope,its not somehow.

Its the most stupid,foolish and inconsequential facrual write up that many ladies guilty of the act will never like.

Look around you and you will see countless ladies scouting for a made guy to attach to after their parents spent hugely to make them self reliant.

I dont write articles for people to love but to open their eyes to reality.

Were you not the one who said a woman must marry as soon as she starts menstruating?

Am I missing something heresmiley

Mznelly

2 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 10:51pm On Feb 05, 2016
Gerrard59:

At the bolded, when they decide to stay single it's the same people like you who remind them of their biological clock ticking. Rita Dominic, Genevieve and a host of successful single ladies have been maligned on Nairaland for being single. You accuse the ladies of marrying for money, tell me, who wants to marry a poor individual? Even the average guy would like/want to marry a successful lady.

When Nigerian ladies decide to behave like western women by being independent(an average Nigerian man detest such ladies and smart ones too, yet cries everyday about the non-availability of such ladies) you remind them of culture, tradition and the need of a man to be the head when relationship/marriage is a partnership.

What do majority of Nigerian men want from their women? The height of hypocrisy can make the tallest man look like a dwarf.

smiley
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 10:52pm On Feb 05, 2016
Toks2008:

Another empty post from an empty brain.

I bet you did not comprehend as usual.

Many ladies are brain dead.

Yup, an example comes to mindsmiley......The women in your family!!!

You are seriously pushing it and I won't stand by while you disrespect us

5 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by HaneefahRN(f): 10:56pm On Feb 05, 2016
Amberon:
Take your problem elsewhere, not my mentions. Travel outside your village first before you talk shit. The fact remains that the an average Nigerian girl sees marriage as her highest achievement in life and is ready to forgo her certificate to be a stay-at-home wife just as long as her husband dolls out regular pay check to her.

White women are the exact opposite. They dont see their partners as father christmas. An average Nigerian girl is always on the look out for a rich man and has zero goals and ambitions outside being a graduate.

How many female entrepreneurs or successful business women do we have in Nigeria relative to the men? 1:200??

I'm not saying that there aren't goal driven girls in Nigeria but its infinitesimally low when compared to the male counterpart.

I won't trade words with you, you can accept the truth or you can choose to live in oblivion.

Come out clean, u're a guy and a chauvinist at tht, are u so scared to accept ur sex? Women can chose to marry anyone they want to whether rich or poor. Is it goats tht are marrying the poor guys? Educated women marry struggling guys every wkend bt u guys will always come here and cry abt women always running after rich men.
If they do, it's their choice. As an educated woman u can chose to marry a pauper it's ur choice. The roles women play in the home including financially can't be over-emphasized unless the husband is extremely rich, so stop talking like women are dummies. Irresponsible men too will also come here to run mouth.

Abt white women being exact opposites, are u saying we dnt av white women who wld rather marry rich men or are stay at home wives? Even in the schs, the rich and handsome dudes av the most female flock, so I dnt quite understand ur point. It's a matter of personality

What truth? All wht u wrote was misogynistic balderdash.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Amberon: 10:57pm On Feb 05, 2016
Yes you have a point. This isn't about feminism tho, its just reality. Its time we as women break the jinx. I want to see a Nigeria where women surpass men in many ramifications. I want a situation where women are building business empires and carving niches fror themselves, apart from just doing regular jobs.

Some women are going great tho, but I'd like to see more women come out.
ENIMONEY:
Now that you are sounding Mature let's talk. This is Nigeria, who is KING in Nigeria? This is a country that has forever put women in the shadows and have fed us with lies for years!! Lies like '' If you are too rich you can't get a man, you should not aspire to greatness so you don't intimidate men, you are not complete until you are married with children. An ideology passed down from generations to generations and you just want to break it within a minute?? You can't compare Us to the West. We are getting there and you have to at least applaud us and not castigate us for our little efforts. Soon they will call me a feminist.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Dminister(m): 11:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
Op, one big bottle of origin for you there.
You just poured out my heart, i have seen some ladies who started looking for jobs after graduation, after hustling and bustling in the labour market, they finally got a job, an exotic apartment and a good car.
You have to see how they start looking down on men who are graduates and still looking for jobs.
They started looking for men who are already made because they believe the future would be secured with already made man.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 11:02pm On Feb 05, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Come out clean, u're a guy and a chauvinist at tht, are u so scared to accept ur sex? Women can chose to marry anyone they want to whether rich or poor. Is it goats tht are marrying the poor guys? Educated women marry struggling guys every wkend bt u guys will always come here and cry abt women always running after rich men.
If they do, it's their choice. As an educated woman u can chose to marry a pauper it's ur choice. The roles women play in the home including financially can't be over-emphasized unless the husband is extremely rich, so stop talking like women are dummies. Irresponsible men too will also come here to run mouth.

Abt white women being exact opposites, are u saying we dnt av white women who wld rather marry rich men or are stay at home wives? Even in the schs, the rich and handsome dudes av the most female flock, so I dnt quite understand ur point. It's a matter of personality

Aren't the same white women that don't think twice about divorce because of the financial benefits?

They can cry us a riverundecided

Bunch of losers

4 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Ageco(m): 11:02pm On Feb 05, 2016
[quote author=Toks2008 post=42657894]

So pathethic.

Asking your daugter this question will drive home a message not a criterion to send her to school.

Simple logic.
Yea, it shouldn't be a criterion & must not.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 11:03pm On Feb 05, 2016
Amberon:
Yes you have a point. This isn't about feminism tho, its just reality. Its time we as women break the jinx. I want to see a Nigeria where women surpass men in many ramifications. I want a situation where women are building business empires and carving niches fror themselves, apart from just doing regular jobs.

undecided
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by efficiencie(m): 11:04pm On Feb 05, 2016
Train up your child in the way that he/she should go and when he/she is old he/she will not depart from it...Teach your child hardwork, sincerity, honesty, love, sacrifice, mercy, wisdom, panache and excellence and you may not need to ask that question...

That child may, as a child and with the heart of a child, answer your question by asserting that she'll be independent and bring glory to her family and name but if you fail to train that child she'll grow up to be vixen (whether she goes to church or not is irrelevant) who hunts for men with more money...

2 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
Amberon:

We will, many women are seeing the truth and the reality. We have a Female governor now. Many more to come! It will take a short while and we will see results... We are getting there.. Thanks for being civil.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 05, 2016
Gerrard59:

God, I Lawv you Already!!cheesy

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Cutehector(m): 11:06pm On Feb 05, 2016
U knw what I love about this life?

The reality that comes with it. I will continue to write this over and over again until whoever has reasoning faculty wil grasp it.

Girls will always be girls and a woman won't stop being a woman.

2 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by HaneefahRN(f): 11:08pm On Feb 05, 2016
Amberon:
I may have been wrong for generalizing but its really no news that a larger percentage of Nigerian women will humbly accept a regular pay check rather than work hard to be independent. I'm not arguing blindly. I've lived with foreigners for years and I can tell you that, just by spending a few minutes with most white girls, you'd be able to spot a glaring difference. Marriage to most Nigerian females is the highest achievement for a woman in life.

And when women decide to be independent and even completely stay off men, so pple like u wnt say they see it as highest achievement, who will still come here and cry? These same hypocrites!
Women do this, they complain, go the other way, they'll still complain. The Nigerian mentality is just something else

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Feb 05, 2016
Gerrard59:

A bottle of Hennessy for you.

#NotKidding.

2 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Amberon: 11:12pm On Feb 05, 2016
really? This is why Nigeria isn't evolving. I'm a girl, one with a difference. If you're in doubt, then that's your cup of sandwich.

I was very clear, i didnt generalise. Like i said, the over whelming majority of young girls and women in Nigeria are not purpose driven, neither are they "big dreamers". They tend to "lose it" after having a kid and just stop striving to be relevant to the society.

It can't get truer than this.
HaneefahRN:

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by HaneefahRN(f): 11:12pm On Feb 05, 2016
doveda:

Aren't the same white women that don't think twice about divorce because of the financial benefits?

They can cry us a riverundecided

Bunch of losers

Abi o

I really dnt understand the basis for those stupid comparisons btw Nigerian and western women, at the end of the day it's flawed
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 11:12pm On Feb 05, 2016
Amberon:
I may have been wrong for generalizing but its really no news that a larger percentage of Nigerian women will humbly accept a regular pay check rather than work hard to be independent. I'm not arguing blindly. I've lived with foreigners for years and I can tell you that, just by spending a few minutes with most white girls, you'd be able to spot a glaring difference. Marriage to most Nigerian females is the highest achievement for a woman in life.

They don't tell a white woman that at the end of the day, she will still end up in her husband's kitchen

They don't tell her not to aim too high.

They don't tell her not to sound too intelligent.

They don't tell her that the home is her primary responsibility

At the end of the day, Nigerian women manage to combine a full time job with a full time wifely and motherly roles.

But no....you will still continue to complain

4 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 11:14pm On Feb 05, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Abi o

I really dnt understand the basis for those stupid comparisons btw Nigerian and western women, at the end of the day it's flawed

Very flawed!
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Amberon: 11:15pm On Feb 05, 2016
Yes I was so happy to hear about the first female governor. In fact i was more happy than her.

Thanks too, even tho I was a little too hard initially.
ENIMONEY:
We will, many women are seeing the truth and the reality. We have a Female governor now. Many more to come! It will take a short while and we will see results... We are getting there.. Thanks for being civil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by HaneefahRN(f): 11:16pm On Feb 05, 2016
Amberon:
really? This is why Nigeria isn't evolving. I'm a girl, one with a difference. If you're in doubt, then that's your cup of sandwich.

I was very clear, i didnt generalise. Like i said, the over whelming majority of young girls and women in Nigeria are not purpose driven, neither are they "big dreamers". They tend to "lose it" after having a kid and just stop striving to be relevant to the society.

It can't get truer than this.

Ur start up was way off.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Amberon: 11:17pm On Feb 05, 2016
You think white women don't combine both? Lol
doveda:

They don't tell a white woman that at the end of the day, she will still end up in her husband's kitchen

They don't tell her not to aim too high.

They don't tell her not to sound too intelligent.

They don't tell her that the home is her primary responsibility

At the end of the day, Nigerian women manage to combine a full time job with a full time wifely and motherly roles.

But no....you will still continue to complain
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by chenkov(m): 11:22pm On Feb 05, 2016
Toks2008:

I can show you the way to the lagos lagoon.

You dont like my threads yet you keep visiting them.

What is my own with ladies?im only stating the obvious and i sense its touching somewhere in you.
guy easy na
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 11:22pm On Feb 05, 2016
Amberon:

I know they do! But do you think the employment situation and the social services are the same in Nigeriaundecided

Nigeria women are not this, Nigerian women are not that yet we have more STEM females in comparison to western countriesundecided. If that is not an acknowledgement of where the money is, I don't know what is
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by HaneefahRN(f): 11:29pm On Feb 05, 2016
Amberon:

When u want to compare, then consider the situations they are in too. This is Nigeria, and we all knw wht the economy is saying. Combining, housekeeping wt a job is something, and tht doesn't mean men will appreciate u for it. Some women are breadwinners of their family bt no they can never be gud enof.

Stop castigating women, that's the problem I av wt u. Many of these pple u're talking abt as majority don't even av access to basic education, av to struggle thru odds to survive, they av to contend wt being told they ain't gud enof, but at the same time a huge responsibility is placed on them. Everyone looks at women expecting perfection when men nor the society is perfect.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Amberon: 11:34pm On Feb 05, 2016
I'm a girl, and I'm not castigating women. Im saying the gospel truth. I only stated my views because I thought its worthy of mentioning.

Don't worry, I wont talk again. lipsrsealed
HaneefahRN:

When u want to compare, then consider the situations they are in too. This is Nigeria, and we all knw wht the economy is saying. Combining, housekeeping wt a job is something, and tht doesn't mean men will appreciate u for it. Some women are breadwinners of their family bt no they can never be gud enof.

Stop castigating women, that's the problem I av wt u. Many of these pple u're talking abt as majority don't even av access to basic education, av to struggle thru odds to survive, they av to contend wt being told they ain't gud enof, but at the same time a huge responsibility is placed on them. Everyone looks at women expecting perfection when men nor the society is perfect.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 11:36pm On Feb 05, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Are you also forgetting the fact that men are getting married in their late twenties and early thirties and that is when they actually become financially capable. However most of them end up getting married to younger women. If a woman should wait that long, tongues will start wagging and the possibility that her bf will jilt her is also high.

So can you blame her if she settles for a man who is financially capable instead of a man at her financial level?undecided Who no like better thingsmiley

cc Amberon
cc Toks2008
cc Mznelly

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Amberon: 11:36pm On Feb 05, 2016
Okay. I'll just agree with you.
doveda:

I know they do! But do you think the employment situation and the social services are the same in Nigeriaundecided

Nigeria women are not this, Nigerian women are not that yet we have more STEM females in comparison to western countriesundecided. If that is not an acknowledgement of where the money is, I don't know what is

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Amberon: 11:40pm On Feb 05, 2016
Hahahahaha... That's true.
doveda:

Are you also forgetting the fact that men are getting married in their late twenties and early thirties and that is because that is when they actually become financially capable. However most of them end up getting married to younger women. If a woman should wait that long, tongues will start wagging and the possibility that her bf will jilt her is also high.

So can you blame her if she settles for a man who is financially capable instead of a man at her financial level?undecided Who no like better thing:

cc Amberon
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by stan241(m): 11:41pm On Feb 05, 2016
I think there has been just one of this op's posts I've ever really related with, the rest not so much.

He gives off a vibe of someone who has serious issues with the women folk because almost if not all his posts are female inclined/related, its borderline obsessive sometimes, take a chill pill Bro and read up on other stuff

As for the article above, makes no sense whatsover because whatever subliminal message you think asking such a message will pass to a daughters subconscious will vary because they are all different humans and at that stage have obviously had different upbringings.

Again, take a chill pill on the incessant creating of female inclined topics

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Chike Eze Threatens To Kill His Wife Racheal If Court Doesn't Give Him A Divorce / His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign / Another Missing Person. Please Help A Worried Family.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.