Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas (62143 Views)

Why Does BBN Always Outshine BBA? -Ugandan Asks, See Funny Replies / #BBNaija: Tobi Replies 'Yoruba Demons Association' With Hilarious Letter / Cinemas Before Markets, Kannywood's Latest Strategy. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by onyegwu(m): 10:40am On Dec 01, 2015
Ben Bruce shld practice what he preaches Ok!!! If he claims to be for the masses or feel their pains then he shld nt make every thing too much profit oriented. If he can not do these things then he shld stop preaching those his messages cos he is not any better than those he criticize. For those of us supporting him we are only jst selfish and full of worthless ego. There is nothing on this earth some one some where can nt afford but is this person the only one that shld be put into consideration if we truely want to be the voice of the people or one who claim to share in their pain? because for me that's what Ben Bruce is claiming. If he wants to do business let him concentrate on it as a typical capitalist and not pretending to be a voice for the common man. People work for u and u pay them can u do it alone ? Employers and employees are in a symbiotic relationship both are benefiting so none of the parties shld see it as a favour pls! U can't do it all alone if u can den u wld nt need dat person so because of that u have to pay something in return shikina! If u can not reduce the price of a common popcorn in ur cinema so that, that common man on the street can benefit and be happy like his fellow elite then I wonder how masses u can be. No body shld tell me is nt meant for every one cos u are not more human than any body. We are jst what we are by God's divine grace individually.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Sagamite(m): 10:40am On Dec 01, 2015
Benjoh:
He did not even think well before he replied, you pays more than minimum wage means you're taking from the "have not" giving to the "haves". Abeg you are not trying.
Go and tell your staff to do smth on the price, shi kena.

Why do you Nigerian fuuktards always feel the need to talk without thinking first?

Moronic fuuktard, so someone going to a cinema in a highbrow area and paying more than $4 for only popcorn in a country where over 60% of the population live their entire livees on less than $2 a day is a "have not"?

And employees serving him/her are the "haves"?

And you are the same fuuktard accusing him of not thinking well before replying?

You are a pure cretinous fuuktard!

Product of a failed education system.

Many of you are so daft, you cannot do a simple thing such as using your brain before opening your daft gob.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by anonimi: 10:41am On Dec 01, 2015
jaydee87:
I give freebies.. if u interested I can give u one also... am proudly a photog and also an entrepreneur... if u not married I can do a free pre-wedding shot for u...

Thanks for the offer, I don't need it.
I hope you are paying your TAXES as & when due sha grin
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by jaydee87(m): 10:44am On Dec 01, 2015
anonimi:

Thanks for the offer, I don't need it. I hope you are paying your TAXES as & when due sha grin
trust me I do...
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by anonimi: 10:49am On Dec 01, 2015
onyegwu:
Ben Bruce shld practice what he preaches Ok!!! If he claims to be for the masses or feel their pains then he shld nt make every thing too much profit oriented. If he can not do these things then he shld stop preaching those his messages cos he is not any better than those he criticize. For those of us supporting him we are only jst selfish and full of worthless ego. There is nothing on this earth some one some where can nt afford but is this person the only one that shld be put into consideration if we truely want to be the voice of the people or one who claim to share in their pain? because for me that's what Ben Bruce is claiming. If he wants to do business let him concentrate on it as a typical capitalist and not pretending to be a voice for the common man. People work for u and u pay them can u do it alone ? Employers and employees are in a symbiotic relationship both are benefiting so none of the parties shld see it as a favour pls! U can't do it all alone if u can den u wld nt need dat person so because of that u have to pay something in return shikina! If u can not reduce the price of a common popcorn in ur cinema so that, that common man on the street can benefit and be happy like his fellow elite then I wonder how masses u can be. No body shld tell me is nt meant for every one cos u are not more human than any body. We are jst what we are by God's divine grace individually.

You should be concerned about his TAXES being paid as & when due after complying with relevant laws on employment & safety of his operations.
I am almost certain he does meaningful philanthropic work in addition to the above LEGAL requirements.
Don't you think that is a more rational & productive way to look at things for the benefit of the society
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by anonimi: 10:50am On Dec 01, 2015
jaydee87:
trust me I do...

Great.
Enjoy. cheesy
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 01, 2015
The funny thing be say them reduce the size of the pack by 2inches.

I don't give a 4k! I go down to shoprite to buy my drink, if I really want popcorn I buy outside for 100naira or roast corn for 3(200N).

Even movies, left with me alone I enter for free or tip the ticket guys directly (half of the main cash).
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by billyG(m): 11:26am On Dec 01, 2015
Cnt he giv subsidy on bruce's popcorn haba!Robing peter to pay paul minimum wage.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by chinuz(m): 11:28am On Dec 01, 2015
Alonzo4g:
Ben must you hit back @ every word @ you haba concentrate on your political career and senatorial duties......

Alonso4g
Well to me it seems lyk he is leading by example and not being a leader who ignores the complaint of the masses just because he is a senator and someone rich and the complaints of a regular citizen means nothing to him
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by anonimi: 11:36am On Dec 01, 2015
shadowgwalker:
The funny thing be say them reduce the size of the pack by 2inches.

I don't give a 4k! I go down to shoprite to buy my drink, if I really want popcorn I buy outside for 100naira or roast corn for 3(200N).

Even movies, left with me alone I enter for free or tip the ticket guys directly (half of the main cash).

Yet you still join other Nigerians to shout and scream that leadership and corruption are the problems of our country, not so
Is that not HYPOCRISY?
How long do you think it will be for the cinema to fold up and close shop if everyone is as "sharp" as you are?
How many months, years or decades

We are out own WORST enemies.
Surely we are embarassed
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by babafirst(m): 11:42am On Dec 01, 2015
onyegwu:
I agree with you.Atleast let him make it affordable to the extent that even if it's once a year the so called common man can save to visit the place no problem.Or reasonable enough for the students from Ajekpako Community Primary School to afford an excursion to the place.We are not saying popcorn should go below 200 naira but paying minimum wage is a ridiculous excuse for popcorn at 800 naira for a man who professes to be a lover of the common man.He has been advocating for the 5K APC unemployment benefit but if he continues selling popcorn at 800naira how can a youth afford the serene dreamy environment of silverbird (at least to reduce youth anger/BP) even once a year.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Billygee2u: 11:59am On Dec 01, 2015
Desgidi:
smart reply..... him no beg u to come buy him pop corn....if pop corn hungry u 2much then find those 50naira own go and stop blaming some 1 for doing good business.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by KingGBsky(m): 12:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
na who no get money dey say bear dey bitter
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by farolee(m): 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2015
This thief that stole NTA channel 5 programs and change it to silverbird TV. Just look at it very well
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by mumoftwo(f): 12:44pm On Dec 01, 2015
dominique:

I won't qualify those that can afford to go to the cinema and buy N800 popcorn as 'have not'.

grin grin grin grin grin at your post..

Btw he's not the only boss paying above minimum wage, he really needs to get over himself.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by bowler000000(m): 12:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hmmmm, when re u going to start using ur common sense bfor d end of 4year.... Common sense is not coming Ben pls discuss!!!
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 01, 2015
anonimi:

Yet you still join other Nigerians to shout and scream that leadership and corruption are the problems of our country, not so
Is that not HYPOCRISY?
How long do you think it will be for the cinema to fold up and close shop if everyone is as "sharp" as you are?
How many months, years or decades

We are out own WORST enemies.
Surely we are embarassed
when life gives u lime, squeeze it by the balls till u empty the juice and mk a fruit drink.

Abeg when will FG visit Nigeria?the heat from the sun is much over here and the govt shud do something about it.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by preetyb(f): 12:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
Benjoh:
He did not even think well before he replied, you pays more than minimum wage means you're taking from the "have not" giving to the "haves". Abeg you are not trying.
Go and tell your staff to do smth on the price, shi kena.
Is it the“ have not" that goes to see movies in his cinema or the “haves"?

2 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Kingbusssy(m): 1:45pm On Dec 01, 2015
He Never call hungry person to come to his cinema Nah. If you can't afford it, then walk away instead of complaining nonsense
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Abdulhakeem7(m): 1:59pm On Dec 01, 2015
PDPmamapiss:

It appears you have an enemy who is a barber. grin grin perhaps you have a barber shop, despite the low price you offer people prefer to patronize expensive barbers instead of you. grin

grin
PDPmamapiss:

It appears you have an enemy who is a barber. grin grin perhaps you have a barber shop, despite the low price you offer people prefer to patronize expensive barbers instead of you. grin

have got no barbing salon,I just used dat as an illustration
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Certifiedboss: 2:44pm On Dec 01, 2015
redsun:
It is almost about the same price it sells in England, exorbitant You don't have to buy it,buy from a kiosk and take it to the movie if you must eat popcorn.

They don't allow you bring from outside
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by alaskido(m): 3:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
Please leave Ben Murray Bruce alone. If you are angry that he sells pop corn for N800 then go and open your own cinema and give it out for free. This is his business. It is not compulsory that you must chew pop corn when you visit his cinema to watch films. You can also decide not to go there and watch films. After all there are CD's and cables in your home. I think you are the hypocrite.

Ben is only trying to make common sense to Nigerian populace without sense.

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Gaucho(m): 3:44pm On Dec 01, 2015
We should at least appreciate someone who was voted to do a job of making better things happen to us mentally and psychologically, let him do that. He revolutionarise entertainment in Nigeria with his cinemas, bringing back the gap we all yearn for years to fill. His actions are alien to some of us because we are not expose to the proper way,our legislators should behave. He is an employer of thousands,he should be commended not condemned. He is not perfect but, he is trying to change the negative perception we have had with our legislators. Just my opinion,anyway.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by ODUBEZE: 3:45pm On Dec 01, 2015
Alonzo4g:
Ben must you hit back @ every word @ you haba concentrate on your political career and senatorial duties......

Alonso4g
If he had not replied, am sure majority would have condemned him based on the commentator's observation.
These are hard times, an hungry man is an angry man they say. So many people are looking for who to lash out on and rightly so.
I really did not see anything wrong in what he has done.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by ODUBEZE: 3:56pm On Dec 01, 2015
preetyb:

Is it the“ have not" that goes to see movies in his cinema or the “haves"?
my bro, I tire oooo. No be person wey chop belle full dey go watch movie for cinema?
Bruce has other bills to pay too e.g electricity, maintenance e.t.c and pay over minimum wage!
supposing he is charging and owing his staff, I can understand their agitation!
it is well!
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by May5(f): 4:26pm On Dec 01, 2015
But 800 naira is just too much for pop corn. Haba!!
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by lebete3000: 4:57pm On Dec 01, 2015
PappyMason:

So he should let you apc rabid dogs rip him apart?

Are you minding the idiat? if na Fashola make same reply hin go give am thumbs up oh...foooolish hypocrite.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by ckmayoca: 5:14pm On Dec 01, 2015
Mynd44:

You cant take outside food inside the cinema

The guy dey vex, maybe he took a girl to the movie aand he had to spend his fuel money on popcorn n coke to please the girl. Lol.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Pauloot(m): 5:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
wordcat:
Person wey dey live for Mushin or Ajegunle wey waka go V.I to buy pop corn na heavy hypocrite.
Bros u sabi wash person life o... Oghene! Kilode
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by kolaosita4(m): 5:58pm On Dec 01, 2015
Grow up Mr Bruce
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by wordcat(m): 6:37pm On Dec 01, 2015
Pauloot:
Bros u sabi wash person life o... Oghene! Kilode
Lol. But at times people deserved nothing but a hard truth
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by DaInferno(m): 6:42pm On Dec 01, 2015
He replied to criticism and u say he has to grow?... U shouldn't have opened this thread in the first place then

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

DStv Raises Charges Again. / BBNaija: Tacha Tells Her Fans To Vote For Her Yellow Chair In The House / Bukola Samuel-wemimo Leaves TVC For Channels TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.