Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas (62109 Views)

Why Does BBN Always Outshine BBA? -Ugandan Asks, See Funny Replies / #BBNaija: Tobi Replies 'Yoruba Demons Association' With Hilarious Letter / Cinemas Before Markets, Kannywood's Latest Strategy. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by karleone(m): 7:31am On Dec 01, 2015
HRich:
You mean Ben sold a private Popcorn?

Na you know o... Never been to a cinema before, sorry to say. My point is, these are strategies used to make more money that'll be helpful to payment of salaries.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 01, 2015
fried corn #800?

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by jeremioluwaseyi: 7:34am On Dec 01, 2015
Benjoh:
He did not even think well before he replied, you pays more than minimum wage means you're taking from the "have not" giving to the "haves". Abeg you are not trying.
Go and tell your staff to do smth on the price, shi kena.
.what is this one saying.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by babafirst(m): 7:35am On Dec 01, 2015
tranxo:
You must be a genius to stay in your room and analyze another man's business without seeing his financial records. Kindly apply to Arthur Anderson and Pricewaters for a position. Smh
I have a job with greater honour and sacrifice to nation so I don't need Anderson or Pricewaters.I analyzed it based on simple facts that don't require his financial records:
a. An input from the person I replied,that popcorn sells for almost the same amount in the UK.
b. Workable knowledge of socio economic factors in Naija and UK eg living standards,power situation,lifestyle.
c. The very solid speculation that Ben Bruce is not paying even his most junior workers 30K per month talkless of the 120k minimum wage per month selling of popcorn at 800 naira would have warranted.
So you see it's not everything that requires checking his books(which in Naija maybe easily manipulated).My preliminary investigation/assertion/speculation/rumour(wharever) is enough grounds for further investigation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Fabrice07: 7:35am On Dec 01, 2015
People wey dey pay the #800 no complain. If u no fit afford am, buy 2 litres of fuel(at least fuel price don come down), #50 pop corn and buy film wey dm produce for alaba market. The money for all these things no go reach even #600

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by wordcat(m): 7:36am On Dec 01, 2015
Benjoh:
He did not even think well before he replied, you pays more than minimum wage means you're taking from the "have not" giving to the "haves". Abeg you are not trying.
Go and tell your staff to do smth on the price, shi kena.

Who are the "have not"?
What's a "have not" doing at the cinemas?
He should be thinking of the necessary basic needs of a man.
Just as vulture has no business with the barber, a "have not" has no business with the cinemas

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Tundeiab(m): 7:38am On Dec 01, 2015
Karlovich:
well, if someone is broke he has no business going to the cinema if he can't afford, the guy can simply explain to his girl or come up with a lie. My point is sometimes you just ignore certain people's comments on social media
I get your point.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by aresa: 7:40am On Dec 01, 2015
cornoil:
Left NTA dead? The man that made sure NTA stations were built in all states in Nigeria? D same man that consolidated Tony IREDIA's idea after Tony left NTA. U talk as if governance is easy, d same way dis present government talks of flushing bokoharam out within 2 months of d tenure. Don't talk anyhow again my brother. Start within ur house first. Silverbed started b4 he came into governance, all his investments are in Nigeria bro, he revolutionise our entertainment and bring cinemas back. Am sure ppl like u wuld ve gone to silverbird galleria at one time or d oda b4. Get life and be creative so that u can attain his status or surpass ben bruce.

Quality is better than quantity.

How absurd can you get?

Who watches NTA today and who's proud of NTA? NTA remains the same horrible and backward mess the man met and left so what's your point?

I'm watching NTA right now and it's still the same ugly and kindergarten stage in digital 2015

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by AfroKnight: 7:40am On Dec 01, 2015
eleko1:
Go back and read Tonyebarcanista post.I doubt if Dem don born u wen David Mark make that stupid talk.

Maybe you should communicate in pidgin from now on. You are obviously more comfortable with it.

Your needless and irrelevant reference to my age reveals your hasty convoluted thinking. Not everyone is an indomie baby here. The fact that I don't agree with your line of reasoning doesn't give you the right to slight me or make condescending remarks.

Grow up.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by eleko1: 7:43am On Dec 01, 2015
Let Ben Bruce/whatever his name practice wot he preach,that is the koko of the mata.There is no common sense here..
dejavski:

Is he the only one that sells popcorn @ that price Genesis delux filmhouse all sell at that price. So what's the fuss angry
Mind you they did not force anyone to patronise them
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by babafirst(m): 7:44am On Dec 01, 2015
gretblue:
The production cost of each pop corn will determine the real hypocrites.
Lol,then if it is the production cost he has no excuse.I have tasted the Abuja version of the popcorn and the production cost of each unit cannot be more than 150 naira(plus the ajebo packaging)
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by eleko1: 7:47am On Dec 01, 2015
I dnt argue forth and back with a kid.grow up.
AfroKnight:

Maybe you should communicate in pidgin from now on. You are obviously more comfortable with it.

Your needless and irrelevant reference to my age reveals your hasty convoluted thinking. Not everyone is an indomie baby here. The fact that I don't agree with your line of reasoning doesn't give you the right to slight me or make condescending remarks.

Grow up.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by gretblue: 7:50am On Dec 01, 2015
babafirst:
Lol,then if it is the production cost he has no excuse.I have tasted the Abuja version of the popcorn and the production cost of each unit cannot be more than 150 naira(plus the ajebo packaging)
Then if the production cost wouldn't exceed 150 to 200.Then I think we can come to conclusion who is the real hypocrite.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by darlingnuel(m): 7:51am On Dec 01, 2015
Lmao... They are now taunting themselves instead of 'attacking' Bruce
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by free2ryhme: 7:54am On Dec 01, 2015
Alonzo4g:
Ben must you hit back @ every word @ you haba concentrate on your political career and senatorial duties......

Alonso4g

Bruce doesnot have a political career neither has any senatorial duties been assigned to him

He his just look for ways to justify his busybody and laziness within the red chamber

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by CARLOSZ: 7:55am On Dec 01, 2015
Never knew the senseless Albino saw my tweet.
I'll make more.

www.twitter.com/trends_ng

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Alwaysup: 7:55am On Dec 01, 2015
No make he no reply the mumu. Good one sen Ben
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 01, 2015
KUDOS BRUCE
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by scarr: 7:58am On Dec 01, 2015
Mynd44:

You cant take outside food inside the cinema
Not in Silverbird Abuja
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by babafirst(m): 7:59am On Dec 01, 2015
gretblue:

Then if the production cost wouldn't exceed 150 to 200.Then I think we can come to conclusion who is the real hypocrite.
Ofcourse,if the production cost is no more than 150 naira then at 100% profit the price should be no more than 300 or 400 naira,greed inclusive.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Alwaysup: 8:01am On Dec 01, 2015
CARLOSZ:
Never knew the senseless Albino saw my tweet.
I'll make more.

www.twitter.com/trends_ng

Na u? Ono try get head make brain dey inside no be akamu own oo. Open ur own make u sell am 10 naira
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by tranxo(m): 8:04am On Dec 01, 2015
Alonzo4g:

Just imagine? I never hated Him i Only say it shouldn't be anything he hears or see he replies back @ & dats wat am currently going to do right about now to you....NO MORE QUOTE 4rm me again get dat into empty dull brain
You now have the right to tell him how to live HIS life? That is daft.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by tranxo(m): 8:07am On Dec 01, 2015
babafirst:
I have a job with greater honour and sacrifice to nation so I don't need Anderson or Pricewaters.I analyzed it based on simple facts that don't require his financial records:
a. An input from the person I replied,that popcorn sells for almost the same amount in the UK.
b. Workable knowledge of socio economic factors in Naija and UK eg living standards,power situation,lifestyle.
c. The very solid speculation that Ben Bruce is not paying even his most junior workers 30K per month talkless of the 120k minimum wage per month selling of popcorn at 800 naira would have warranted.
So you see it's not everything that requires checking his books(which in Naija maybe easily manipulated).My preliminary investigation/assertion/speculation/rumour(wharever) is enough grounds for further investigation.
How many people do you employ. Whether at, above, or below minimum wage. Greater honor and sacrifice indeed!!

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by excel101(m): 8:07am On Dec 01, 2015
loveablequeen:
Ben Bruce replies someone criticizing him for selling popcorn for N800 at his Cinemas

Starzhit.com got ur back
. Was he buying the popcorn @ gun point?
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by AfroKnight: 8:12am On Dec 01, 2015
eleko1:
I dnt argue forth and back with a kid.grow up.

Another baseless assumption. Are you impervious to learning? Comprehension is certainly not one of your strengths.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by excel101(m): 8:12am On Dec 01, 2015
Mynd44:

. Its very clear that you don't belong to that class.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by goshen26: 8:14am On Dec 01, 2015
redsun:
It is almost about the same price it sells in England, exorbitant You don't have to buy it,buy from a kiosk and take it to the movie if you must eat popcorn.
U r not allowed to take anything to d cinemas
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 01, 2015
allooy:

BRO HOW MANY DID U EMPLOYED IN YOUR COMPANY?

YOU NEED TO STOP BEING ANGRY ABOUT HIS PROGRESS AND SEE HOW CAN
GROW MY BRO.

I CHALLENGE YOU TO SEE HOW YOU CAN PAY AT LEAST FIVE PEOPLE BRO

If you vote for me as Senator, i will employ 2000 people.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by JayJustus(m): 8:17am On Dec 01, 2015
Mynd44:

you can take if you're smart...rule doesn't allow it but rules are meant to be broken...been sneaking food since i knew what a cinema was...and gonna sneak in next week
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 01, 2015
you mean a bipolar sufferer suspect should continue as a senator? grin

Alonzo4g:
Ben must you hit back @ every word @ you haba concentrate on your political career and senatorial duties......

Alonso4g
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by babafirst(m): 8:20am On Dec 01, 2015
tranxo:

How many people do you employ. Whether at, above, or below minimum wage. Greater honor and sacrifice indeed!!
I know you will come to the issue of the people I employ after raising the issue of Anderson or wharever.Please think deeply while reading this my reply .......Mentioning/'bragging' about my job/sacrifice was only a reply to your offer of employment in those financial institutions and not a reply/critic/comparism/flexing of muscle with Ben Bruce over the number of people Silverbird employs so it's illogical to reply you on how many people I employ.Now back to the issue at hand ......popcorn at 800 bucks.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by bashydemy(m): 8:21am On Dec 01, 2015
Desgidi:
smart reply..... him no beg u to come buy him pop corn....if pop corn hungry u 2much then find those 50naira own go and stop blaming some 1 for doing good business.
Yes it's a smart reply but remember he sarted this with #challengeourminister trend on twitter, and the last time i checked it says charity begins at home. Ben Bruce is not encouraging common man to patronize his business.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

DStv Raises Charges Again. / BBNaija: Tacha Tells Her Fans To Vote For Her Yellow Chair In The House / Bukola Samuel-wemimo Leaves TVC For Channels TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.