Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,194 members, 7,815,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas (62113 Views)

Why Does BBN Always Outshine BBA? -Ugandan Asks, See Funny Replies / #BBNaija: Tobi Replies 'Yoruba Demons Association' With Hilarious Letter / Cinemas Before Markets, Kannywood's Latest Strategy. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by eyinjuege: 8:22am On Dec 01, 2015
GogobiriLalas:

Nigerians want the best of everything, the problem is they're unwilling to pay for it....

This, I think is the problem of many Nigerians.

It may be due to poverty though, but even some of those that can afford the "good things" still want it free!

4 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by tranxo(m): 8:24am On Dec 01, 2015
babafirst:
I know you will come to the issue of the people I employ after raising the issue of Anderson or wharever.Please think deeply while reading this my reply .......Mentioning/'bragging' about my job/sacrifice was only a reply to your offer of employment in those financial institutions and not a reply/critic/comparism/flexing of muscle with Ben Bruce over the number of people Silverbird employs so it's illogical to reply you on how many people I employ.Now back to the issue at hand ......popcorn at 800 bucks.
Quit the long grammar. I repeat, how many people do you employ to justify your attack on a private businessman that has many people on his payroll?

2 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:25am On Dec 01, 2015
AfroKnight:

Really? This is your excuse for that statement from David Mark? Wow. Honestly, not everything your party members do should be defended abeg. This is a terrible excuse.
You sabi read so?
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by duduade: 8:27am On Dec 01, 2015
Karlovich:
This dude needs to grow up, must you reply everything

The twitter Senator. ... yeyenatu.... What's our business if you pay a thousand people above minimum wage...? Don't blow your trumpet, let people blow it for you. ...!!!

In the beginning i thought he was a man of SUBSTANCE. .. but the way he handles issues just shows he is THRASH. ..
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by bashydemy(m): 8:28am On Dec 01, 2015
GogobiriLalas:
This is a great Senator, never considers any issue too small for him to address...Nigerians want the best of everything, the problem is they're unwilling to pay for it...and na naija man go first tell you say 'soup wey sweet, na money make am'. You think it's cheap to keep a place like silverbird running? Yeye person

Hahha you can buy Popcorn for #800 but complain when buying fuel for #200 I think we need someone like OBJ back in power hahhaa..

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Alonzo4g(m): 8:30am On Dec 01, 2015
dejavu231:
you mean a bipolar sufferer suspect should continue as a senator? grin

Keep shut you shouldn't talk dat way to a senator of the fed rep of 9ja....if dem call your papa dat kin name wuld u be happy? angry
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by tranxo(m): 8:30am On Dec 01, 2015
For all you haters, this world is built on classes and levels. Anyone who can afford 800 for popcorn, whether joyfully or grudgingly is not part of the common man class.

Cinemas are not basic amenities. Nobody forces anybody to go there. You do not buy anything there at gun point.

There are options. Go to the end of your street, buy guguru 50 Naira, branch to the nearest viewing centre, pay 100 Naira, sit down and enjoy the show. The harmattan will provide natural AC. Make sure you come back here and relive your experience.

SMH for some people here.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by bashydemy(m): 8:32am On Dec 01, 2015
greatestman:

You have summarize everything. Is it by force?
Some people have their own unique way of painting our politicians black.(though they brought it up on themselves).
Did FG force you to buy fuel? NO but we complain every time even though it's the marketer's that inflate price..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 01, 2015
take it easy mbok or take your fight to the dude i quoted he is the one whose comment suggested that your model is suffering from bipolar

Alonzo4g:

Keep shut you shouldn't talk dat way to a senator of the fed rep of 9ja....if dem call your papa dat kin name wuld u be happy? angry
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by anonimi: 8:34am On Dec 01, 2015
PappyMason:
Well tell your dogs to stop distracting him on how much he sells popcorn in his private cinema.

There is no popcorn subsidy, shey you know?

Even sef FUEL subsidies no dey according to Sai Bubu. Never mind that he is still paying the CABAL 180 days after resuming work. shocked
APShit followers, who is the HYPOCRITE

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2589504_subsidy2_jpeg57ea79bc1f8758353f00f8db1d53dbf1

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3075523_bubu_jpeg548c6e11ce99a7bdf3febf4edabed9ea

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3075524_bubu1_jpeg88275f10f2430d13576e18436b244ea1

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/rfpz2aiih02arcv4l0q6myapvub3qyub1364484[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2674047_2671101fbimg1435752845837jpeg8fa3e5cefe73fa369d83ff842dcb8396_jpeg_jpeg08705abfd750ea2ff336c659bb1b7a6a
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by babafirst(m): 8:36am On Dec 01, 2015
tranxo:
Quit the long grammar. I repeat, how many people do you employ to justify your attack on a private businessman that has many people on his payroll?
You see you have brought another illogical and inconsequential argument.OK because MTN is employing over 50000 Nigerians and I am employing nobody means I should not criticize Mtn if they raise data price to 800 naira for 50Mb.My guy calm down and like I said earlier Babafirst who employs nobody is not bragging about his sacrifice/job to rub shoulders with Ben Murray Bruce but I only responded to your 'offer' of a job in Anderson or wharever you mentioned so close that matter .And lets face 800 naira per popcorn or MTN 800 naira per 50mb if it happens,those are issues ,not palmy joint gists like ' how many people I employ'.I am not flexing muscle with Ben Bruce but I am a customer who has patronized Silverbird before and that is enough justification/'locus standi' for my criticism and not turenshi (grammar)
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Lothbrok(m): 8:37am On Dec 01, 2015
Just peeping. . . !
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:38am On Dec 01, 2015
udemzy101:

This man is becoming something else these days, Cos other minister don't know the usefulness of social media doesn't mean he is not doing his job.... If you have nothing to say why can't you just keep quiet... Haba
Who's this one again? If you are sensible you would have realised that Senator Bruce responsibility is on the floor of the Senate. His duty on social media is interaction, feedbacks and information to social media audience. So far, he has been pathetic and a silent Senator. If you don't know the business of lawmakers, I do! Now swerve sycophant

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Alhajipaulo(m): 8:42am On Dec 01, 2015
Bitterleafsoup:
Alhaji you chop pig
hehe... Nah.. yo Azz
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:43am On Dec 01, 2015
eleko1:
Bia! Where did Tonyebarcanista defend his party members here?Read well,una nor go gree.I give up on pipu like U.Haba! . undecided
Abi o. Some people and fast fingers..

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Living4christ(m): 8:43am On Dec 01, 2015
Benjoh:
He did not even think well before he replied, you pays more than minimum wage means you're taking from the "have not" giving to the "haves". Abeg you are not trying.
Go and tell your staff to do smth on the price, shi kena.

God grant you sence of reasoning.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Living4christ(m): 8:44am On Dec 01, 2015
Benjoh:
He did not even think well before he replied, you pays more than minimum wage means you're taking from the "have not" giving to the "haves". Abeg you are not trying.
Go and tell your staff to do smth on the price, shi kena.

God grant you sense of reasoning.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 01, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Who's this one again? If you are sensible you would have realised that Senator Bruce responsibility is on the floor of the Senate. His duty on social media is interaction, feedbacks and information to social media audience. So far, he has been pathetic and a silent Senator. If you don't know the business of lawmakers, I do! Now swerve sycophant

Now I know you're useless.... Gerrout nitwit
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by HRich(m): 8:49am On Dec 01, 2015
marlockj:

That's what am saying
EndTime saying.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by HRich(m): 8:50am On Dec 01, 2015
udemzy101:

Now I know you're useless.... Gerrout nitwit
EndTime insult.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by gretblue: 8:51am On Dec 01, 2015
bashydemy:
Hahha you can buy Popcorn for #800 but complain when buying fuel for #200 I think we need someone like OBJ back in power hahhaa..
Don't mind them.They can do anything to defend their paymaster
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Ximonak: 8:53am On Dec 01, 2015
loveablequeen:
Ben Bruce replies someone criticizing him for selling popcorn for N800 at his Cinemas

Starzhit.com got ur back

Ben knows where the guy is going to(politics)

shey other politicians build hotel, bars, etc where even coke that have official price is 1k per bottle.

Inbtw, I follow someone to an event and his friend where discussing how the pepper soup for an eatery(name withheld) was the bomb, na so I f-up go ask was the price tag... He said the three plate was 40k minus there drinks
I almost spark for am, but I remember "is it your money"

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Coldfeets: 8:54am On Dec 01, 2015
Ben Bruce - the man with an eye on the Presidency.

You see, when you have your eyes fixed on becoming the president, you tend to say or do anything to remain politically relevant as can be seen with the reference to the minimum wage thingy.

That's just the way it is.

So ride on Bruce.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 01, 2015
redsun:
It is almost about the same price it sells in England, exorbitant You don't have to buy it,buy from a kiosk and take it to the movie if you must eat popcorn.
Its even much more expensive here.I just checked the conversion and its £2.66. Anyone would be over the moon to get cinema popcorn for that price here.

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by mindtricks: 9:02am On Dec 01, 2015
Mynd44:

You cant take outside food inside the cinema

Boss, its all part of the packaging which is only cut out for the big boys who can affford the luxury, arent they in business?
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by gretblue: 9:03am On Dec 01, 2015
anonimi:

Even sef FUEL subsidies no dey according to Sai Bubu. Never mind that he is still paying the CABAL 180 days after resuming work. shocked
APShit followers, who is the HYPOCRITE

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2589504_subsidy2_jpeg57ea79bc1f8758353f00f8db1d53dbf1

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3075523_bubu_jpeg548c6e11ce99a7bdf3febf4edabed9ea

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3075524_bubu1_jpeg88275f10f2430d13576e18436b244ea1

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/rfpz2aiih02arcv4l0q6myapvub3qyub1364484[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2674047_2671101fbimg1435752845837jpeg8fa3e5cefe73fa369d83ff842dcb8396_jpeg_jpeg08705abfd750ea2ff336c659bb1b7a6a
Even Jesus didn't work in such a miraculous way.What your party couldn't turn around while in power for 16yrs.You want Buhari to turn all your dubious atrocity to wonders within 6months in power.Even God will denial you such an impromptu change.Asap your type never believed or voted for change at the initial stage.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by mindtricks: 9:03am On Dec 01, 2015
Ximonak:

Ben knows where the guy is going to(politics)

shey other politicians build hotel, bars, etc where even coke that have official price is 1k per bottle.

Inbtw, I follow someone to an event and his friend where discussing how the pepper soup for an eatery(name withheld) was the bomb, na so I f-up go ask was the price tag... He said the three plate was 40k minus there drinks
I almost spark for am, but I remember "is it your money"

grin

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by tranxo(m): 9:05am On Dec 01, 2015
babafirst:
You see you have brought another illogical and inconsequential argument.OK because MTN is employing over 50000 Nigerians and I am employing nobody means I should not criticize Mtn if they raise data price to 800 naira for 50Mb.My guy calm down and like I said earlier Babafirst who employs nobody is not bragging about his sacrifice/job to rub shoulders with Ben Murray Bruce but I only responded to your 'offer' of a job in Anderson or wharever you mentioned so close that matter .And lets face 800 naira per popcorn or MTN 800 naira per 50mb if it happens,those are issues ,not palmy joint gists like ' how many people I employ'.I am not flexing muscle with Ben Bruce but I am a customer who has patronized Silverbird before and that is enough justification/'locus standi' for my criticism and not turenshi (grammar)
Balderdash! Try harder next time.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by kachnov(m): 9:06am On Dec 01, 2015
Did he force anyone to buy his popcorn?

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by gretblue: 9:11am On Dec 01, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

His interactions both on social media and Tv are deceitful.Simply because he does not practice what he preaches.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by anonimi: 9:15am On Dec 01, 2015
gretblue:
Even Jesus didn't work in such a miraculous way.What your party couldn't turn around while in power for 16yrs.You want Buhari to turn all your dubious atrocity to wonders within 6months in power.Even God will denial you such an impromptu change.Asap your type never believed or voted for change at the initial stage.

Why should I vote for SCAM fraudulently packaged as change wen dem no take my head do exchange-won ko fi ori mi gba paaro, ni o nje be. grin
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by babafirst(m): 9:17am On Dec 01, 2015
tranxo:
Balderdash! Try harder next time.
I see it took you time to respond this time which means you probably thought a little deeper for an apt reply but as usual you still came up with no logical and intellectually refreshing response.Even to explain/analyse why my response is balderdash so I can be convinced, you cannot articulate so I will let you be.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

DStv Raises Charges Again. / BBNaija: Tacha Tells Her Fans To Vote For Her Yellow Chair In The House / Bukola Samuel-wemimo Leaves TVC For Channels TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.