Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start (733 Views)

Romantic Dearth...... How To Cope When Your Relationship Gets There / She Will Pay For Playing Me.i Will Ensure All Girls I Meet Suffer Broken Hearts / How Do You Approach a Lady for a Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by C2H5OH(f): 8:35pm On May 28, 2009
You think you just met a nice girl and you want a serious relationship with her.
How do you establish the right foundation for the budding romance?

kind of curious
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 28, 2009
Well, it's always good to be friends from the start.
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by yme1(f): 8:38pm On May 28, 2009
learn not to be frds with her for too long
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by nich(m): 8:46pm On May 28, 2009
just be you, while not losing sight of what you want for 'end-result' (& i dont mean sex). smiley
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by C2H5OH(f): 8:48pm On May 28, 2009
ibkaye:

Well, it's always good to be friends from the start.
And what happens if you get stuck in the frenzone

y me:

learn not to be frds with her for too long

how long is too long? i am trying to carry out this strategy on you.
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by yme1(f): 8:49pm On May 28, 2009
C2H5OH:

how long is too long? i am trying to carry out this strategy on you.
you don fail be that nah, cause nothing for you tongue grin
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by C2H5OH(f): 8:50pm On May 28, 2009
see your mouth. i no want you sef
yeye
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by yme1(f): 8:51pm On May 28, 2009
C2H5OH:

see your mouth. i no want you sef
yeye
oh to think i was even going to say yes to you cry cry
thank gwad i didnt tongue tongue grin
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by nich(m): 9:01pm On May 28, 2009
emmmmmmmmmm. . . yes for wetin? undecided
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by yme1(f): 9:04pm On May 28, 2009
nich:

emmmmmmmmmm. . . yes for wetin? undecided
for anything worth it tongue grin cheesy
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by C2H5OH(f): 9:06pm On May 28, 2009
y me:

oh to think i was even going to say yes to you cry cry
thank gwad i didnt tongue tongue grin
it's your loss babe. even God knows that I'm a whole lotta man. Ask tope
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by tope5000: 9:08pm On May 28, 2009
C2H5OH:

He sure is kiss cheesy
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by yme1(f): 9:09pm On May 28, 2009
C2H5OH:

Rofl grin grin
i dont want you  tongue cheesy

tope5000:

He sure is kiss cheesy
Rofl grin
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by C2H5OH(f): 9:15pm On May 28, 2009
lol
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by nich(m): 9:29pm On May 28, 2009
see pooooooint!  shocked

@ topic,

to get off to a good start, you start. but wetin you dey find? undecided
i think that'd would determine what is defined as 'good start'.

grin
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by Sissy3(f): 1:41am On May 29, 2009
dnt lose the connection and communication. learn how to compromise. learn how to be  independent and dependent at the same time.

and Learn how to be a good LISTENER.
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by C2H5OH(f): 1:43am On May 29, 2009
nich:

see pooooooint! shocked

@ topic,

to get off to a good start, you start. but wetin you dey find? undecided
i think that'd would determine what is defined as 'good start'.

grin

It has to be something serious.

Take for example, I was recently introduced to a young girl (not a minor). But I don't know if she is mentally prepared to handle something serious. And I definitely would not want to rush her if she wants to live out her youth.
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by C2H5OH(f): 1:44am On May 29, 2009
~Sissy~:

dnt lose the connection and communication. learn how to compromise. how to be independence and dependence at the same time.

and Learn how to be a good LISTENER.
Good point. It's important to retain your personal identity.
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by ChuckBass1(m): 2:28am On May 29, 2009
You should stop worrying about the so called good start in a relationship! Whenever I meet a chick, the things that run through my mind include the following:

Whether she has had an abortion before or 2

How many men has she broken up with

The level of greed she harbours deep in her

How dubious and jealous she really is

When she would wipe that smirk from her face and reveal her true ice queen lifestyle

How many men have slept with her

How many dependants she has that she is ready to dump on me

How her eyes wanders whenever I remove my wallet

How many phone calls she recieves per hour

How many people she has cheated with

Her nagging barometre scale

How obsessive and a control freak she is

How dense she really is intellectually hiding under the jeans, false hair, bland make up and shades

How often she bleaches and pancakes her face

The lies that are oozing from her mouth there and then, all in the name of forming

How dirty she really is and whether the pant she is wearing has been washed in the last 3 days

Whether she is just coming from a hotel and has just being brutally gang banged

Whether her clothes or accessories belong to her friend or family member

How terrible a cook she really is and believes so much in fast food and of course the man paying

Whether she can even clean her room properly

Whether she is a nagging queen and the neighbourhood champion gossip and trouble maker

Whether any of her exes has beaten her before

Whether she has been raped

How soon I am going to start beating and slapping her in the relationship

What sort of venereal disease she is harbouring as you speak!

When you consider all these, you now realise that the problem isn't getting off to a good start with her but the inherent problems you will encounter when the so called honey moon period is over! So bottomline, its not worth it freting over these feline creatures! Always remind yourself about any 3 or more of the above posers and you will realise that you won't have problems with the foundation! They are all the same!
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by Sissy3(f): 2:31am On May 29, 2009
seems like someone didnt get enough breast milk at birth sad sad sad
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by C2H5OH(f): 2:32am On May 29, 2009
Chuck Ba$$:

You should stop worrying about the so called good start in a relationship! Whenever I meet a chick, the things that run through my mind include the following:

Whether she has had an abortion before or 2

How many men has she broken up with

The level of greed she harbours deep in her

How dubious and jealous she really is

When she would wipe that smirk from her face and reveal her true ice queen lifestyle

How many men have slept with her

How many dependants she has that she is ready to dump on me

How her eyes wanders whenever I remove my wallet

How many phone calls she recieves per hour

How many people she has cheated with

Her nagging barometre scale

How obsessive and a control freak she is

How dense she really is intellectually hiding under the jeans, false hair, bland make up and shades

How often she bleaches and pancakes her face

The lies that are oozing from her mouth there and then, all in the name of forming

How dirty she really is and whether the pant she is wearing has been washed in the last 3 days

Whether she is just coming from a hotel and has just being brutally gang banged

Whether her clothes or accessories belong to her friend or family member

How terrible a cook she really is and believes so much in fast food and of course the man paying

Whether she can even clean her room properly

Whether she is a nagging queen and the neighbourhood champion gossip and trouble maker

Whether any of her exes has beaten her before

Whether she has been raped

How soon I am going to start beating and slapping her in the relationship

What sort of venereal disease she is harbouring as you speak!

When you consider all these, you now realise that the problem isn't getting off to a good start with her but the inherent problems you will encounter when the so called honey moon period is over! So bottomline, its not worth it freting over these feline creatures! Always remind yourself about any 3 or more of the above posers and you will realise that you won't have problems with the foundation! They are all the same!
That many things run through your mind? You must have been jilted pretty badly by some bad ass girl in your past.
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by bigbumper(f): 3:12am On May 29, 2009
C2H5OH:

You think you just met a nice girl and you want a serious relationship with her.
How do you establish the right foundation for the budding romance?

kind of curious

Aawww, you didn't have to go through all these for me na embarassed

Baby, you know I love you and you are the only man for me kiss Anyway don't let me stop you, feel free to ask more probbing questions to help our love life pumpkin, whilst i go make plans for our wedding cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by C2H5OH(f): 3:18am On May 29, 2009
You already know baby. I will do whatever it takes to make sure I have you in my life.
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by bigbumper(f): 3:38am On May 29, 2009
C2H5OH:

You already know baby. I will do whatever it takes to make sure I have you in my life.

Kai Romeo, you must not be like this in real life oh, ashewo grin

Right foundation for a budding romance ~ This is the lucky girl whom you have chosen to move with along with, in your next stage in life, so you have to be sensitive to each other and your needs without being told, be respectful to each other, appreciate one another, seek and value each other's opinion, romance each other, surprise each other, be considerate and kind and affectionate towards one another, have a forgiving spirit, be ready to lend a ear, support one another, learn to trust one another, . . .
Re: Steps To Take To Ensure That A Relationship Gets Off To A Good Start by C2H5OH(f): 3:51am On May 29, 2009
big_bumper:

Kai Romeo, you must not be like this in real life oh, ashewo grin
That's for me to know and for you to find out.

Right foundation for a budding romance ~ This is the lucky girl whom you have chosen to move with along with, in your next stage in life, so you have to be sensitive to each other and your needs without being told, be respectful to each other, appreciate one another, seek and value each other's opinion, romance each other, surprise each other, be considerate and kind and affectionate towards one another, have a forgiving spirit, be ready to lend a ear, support one another, learn to trust one another, . . .

Solid advise.

(1) (Reply)

What Can I Do / Koko Mansion / She Luv Me But She Can't Let Her X-boy Friend Go.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.