Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard (77456 Views)

Why Did JTF Kill Biafrans When There Are Other effective Ways Of Handling Them? / Obiano Reacts To Pro-Biafra Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard / One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Elythron16zero4: 5:37am On Dec 03, 2015
look it was this use of arms on armless civilian in the Niger Delta that taught them the use of arm. History has it that in the beginning those people were protesting in the most civil way to the oil firms at that time but the oi firms were using soldiers who started killing them. on second thought they realized that they will keep dying in their numbers if nothing is done so they decided to pick arms and today the Nigerian soldiers can't win the fight again. I hope IPOB AND MASSOB won't descend to that.
Cityguy:

To imagine that those bullets are paid for by those the guns are turned on to. They need training in deescalation. Everything should not be force.
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Judeoxide(m): 6:15am On Dec 03, 2015
KMJY:
You wan pack leave home of peace to a trouble area. Who you wan leave ur assets to? Bad as e reach, Jos is still the most peaceful place to be
On a serious not..jos is the most peaceful and easy state I have ever seen in this country...thats why I always pray for peace...the crises that I have seen here has shown me what war will look like...i only hope and pray this doesn't lead to that

1 Like

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by raphlynco(m): 6:32am On Dec 03, 2015
chai ..what happened to tear gas and hot water splash. Nigerian police always like in the 20bc
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by DrChukzy(m): 6:41am On Dec 03, 2015
engrlarex:

Ewu give me another definition of protest, when dey r busy blocking the peaceful movement of road users in d name of Biafra. burning trucks and mosque and u call it peaceful.
Dullard

Who mentioned peaceful?? Thats why I hate arguing with blind people. Answer my question o...na ur papa dey pay them d #500?
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by tolustx(m): 6:46am On Dec 03, 2015
Elythron16zero4:
everybody keep clicking likes 4 insane comments, provide a prove that the protest descended to destruction and looting of northerners kiosks; a pics will do. i don't want to be hysterical this morning but please, don't write things that lacked merits.
https://www.nairaland.com/2776741/experience-onitsha-today
You do not expect me to be in d middle of people who are prostesting, holding things that are harmful in dr hands and I start to snap dem. I have only said what I saw on my way back from work yesterday. Someone said he saw a news that it is APC-paid miscreants that caused chaos in Onitsha yesterday but how do we ascertain such a thing when we know that they couldn't have done a thing like that just on their own. They are now using the cover of protests to reck havoc.
When u lead protests, their shud be leaders who are held accountable for any actions made. That is not d case in this one. Everyone is just doing what seems right in his own eyes.

1 Like

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by femmy82(m): 7:01am On Dec 03, 2015
[So make d president seddom like ya papana same seddom look no make ya papa be president. quote author=Austindark post=40621069]why will a country kill it's own citizens when others are protecting theirs at all cost.
you have no right to take any soul for whatever reason

who is now the threat to humanity ....... is this different from terrorism??

instead of addressing the problem in the country, I our president is junketing..

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/nine-shot-dead-over-8-injured-as-taskforce-open-fire-on-protesting-ipob-members-in-onitsha/[/quote]
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by dammytosh: 7:08am On Dec 03, 2015
Mintycynty:
What is this one saying, the writer gave a true account of what happened in onitsha,time,how it started,what caused deaths both viviangist sis n d rest n u der sayin trash.pls if u dnt leave in onitsha den dnt talk.

True account of seeing 'Millions of trader scamperring for safety' ?

U need ur head examined.
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by oluwaisaac(m): 7:13am On Dec 03, 2015
IPOB or Igbo leaders, please call your people to order. I've not recovered from the stress of Nysc yet...the cold ate into me in the North. Please, don't cause the formation of another useless scheme o with your agitations. Tjank you!!

1 Like

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by 4giveand4get: 7:19am On Dec 03, 2015
otukpo:
I don't support shooting of unarmed protesters.

It is only a fool and ignorant person will call it peaceful protest when they snatched my sister's hand bag and robbed her #112,000 and her phone. Why all these useless support for touts in the name of Biafra. IPOB is EVIL and Evil cannot suppress Good in Igboland. All IPOB are evil and have fortified themselves with Odeshi (juju against bullet or knife) before the inception of the Protest. Please verify from any IPOB member you know. No real IPOB member believes in God or Christianity. They will cause havoc and run away. If you had trekked from Upper Iweka to Asaba axis of the bridge, you will understand what i am saying. No sensible Igbo man or woman will do what those IPOB members did to people on 1st dec in Onitsha. They intimidated traders, threatened to burn down markets if they fail to lock their shops, they looted shops, robbed people crossing the bridge. Please let Nigeria police or JTF give us numbers to call so that we can give out information of IPOB members causing this trouble for Igbo people. Please real and hardworking igbo people are ready to work with police to avoid Boko Haram in Igboland. Please let police make their email and phone number public so that the public can help them curb these jobless, evil and ignorant youths. A stitch in time saves nine.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by oweman: 7:22am On Dec 03, 2015
Shooting those basstards is not an offence but a civic responsibility .
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by franconian: 7:32am On Dec 03, 2015
In as much as I don't support this Biafra movement, the govt. got it all wrong by firing real bullets at unarmed protesters. It only shows the level of incompetence of our armed forces. There are better ways to disperse the protesters.
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by hunterabiolad: 7:35am On Dec 03, 2015
Pls no one should call d protest a "peaceful protest" cos once u decide to obstruct vehicular movement in ur protest is no more a peaceful protest & all these protest has political undertone. They are all doing this just because Nigerians voted Jonathan out where were they when Jonathan was in power mind u ur Nnamdi Kanu is with DSS enjoying FG food. Hw many of Nnamdi Kanu's family member have died so far? None

Let me just give u this little advice before u killed urself finish
1. Stop the importation business that u r all doing on Nigerian sea and let see if Nigeria will not survive
2. Start rejecting all FG allocation given to ur state.
3. Tell all ur representatives at both Senate & House of Rep to resign.
4. Tell all ur representatives which has ministerial appointment to resign as well.

Let me rest my case here now.
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by michaelala(m): 7:40am On Dec 03, 2015
haconjy:

you are a wicked being.... have u seen any comment above you calling for war? am a Yoruba to the call but all that these people needs is only to be heard by the government and yet they killed them.... may I believe its the beginning to an end to bihari tenure

Sir, that is not how to be heard!. In a "peaceful protest" where you shut down the economy for 3 days, where you burn Dangote trucks, where you burn down mosques and loot, and you believe that is how to be heard in a civil way?

I saw a video of radio Biafra seriously agitating for war, and I felt sad. Of what benefit is the war to the common Igbo youth on the street? Why are the Igbo governors quiet about the whole thing. Even if been granted secession, won't there be a civil war, just like they have always been in a hurry to tear out of Nigeria, won't some of them too want to take it further?

They have produced more senate presidents in this country, they have churned out several federal ministers and of course they have had and still have serving Governors, but why is SE still not as advanced as the UAE or at worst SA? Why are their roads not the best so far, why is the second Niger bridge becoming a mirage?
Please, the blood of any Nigerian that dies in this senseless struggle will be on your neck Kanu, and very greedy idiot that is planning this genocide with you.

Must we always take up arms? Think about this if you have an hammer, every problem will look like a nail!
Think well before you start to unleash the arsenals you think you have stockpiled!

1 Like

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by michaelala(m): 7:43am On Dec 03, 2015
franconian:
In as much as I don't support this Biafra movement, the govt. got all wrong by firing real bullets at unarmed protesters. It only shows the level of incompetence of our armed forces. There better ways to disperse the protesters.

Suggest one sir!
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 03, 2015
Kennedymac:
Igbo people ask for Biafra, Nigeria
refused and said the country must
be one. Danish man draws cartoon
of Mohammed in faraway Denmark,
you people go around killing Igbos
and destroying their properties in
the North. Philips Emegwali invents a
super-fast computer, you say a
"Nigerian" invents. Igbo student in
diaspora makes good grades, you
say a "Nigerian" graduates top of the
class. But Ikechukwu Abia is caught
trafficking drugs, you say an "Igbo"
man is caught with drugs abroad.
Igbo man do his business and
prosper, you people say they want to
steal your land and rule over you.
90% of oil blocs in the South are
owned by Northerners, you people
do not say they have stolen
someone's land and resources.
Igbos ask for the Presidency, you
people laugh at them and say "over
your dead body." The North has rule
Nigeria for over 38years and they
keep threatening everyone else that
they are being marginalized, and so
they start bombing everywhere, you
people say let's negotiate with them.
Igbos vote for Jonathan, you people
say they are myopic and tribalistic.
The North and the West voted for
Buhari, you people say it is called
"change" and democracy. Igbos rally
behind Jimi Abaje, you people say
they will drown in the lagoon.
Ambode won, you people start
cursing them. Adamu Ciroma and co
said "The North would make this
country ungovernable if a
Northerner does not become
President" and "They'll be no Nigeria
if power does not return to the
North". You people call them "Elder
Statesmen","Party Stalwart",
"Northern leader", etc. Nnamdi Kanu
says the same thing but you people
call him "a retard", "treasonable
criminal", "war-monger", "evil" and
so on. During the last elections,
Radio and TV stations in the North
play jihad songs while making anti-
GEJ campaigns, say all sorts of things
in Hausa, no newspaper headline
asked for them to be banned. Of
course you people call it politics.
Radioactivity Biafra does same, all
hell is let loose. You people say they
spreading bigotry and dangerous
propaganda. Do you people have an
IGBOPHOBIA? Of course not! No one
will agree. But do you think the
Igbos are problems, everyone will
raise their hands. But we ask, why
don't you let the Igbos separate and
go their way, you people give me
that terrorist look. Dear landlords,
just one question: What do you want
the Igbos to do to please you?

1 Like

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by dialolodge(m): 7:53am On Dec 03, 2015
Elythron16zero4:
everybody keep clicking likes 4 insane comments, provide a prove that the protest descended to destruction and looting of northerners kiosks; a pics will do. i don't want to be hysterical this morning but please, don't write things that lacked merits.

What he wrote has merrit in it, the IPOB people even turned on their very own. Kiosks belonging to housa people were looted and burnt...and their owners hunted, which to say the least, is very bad. Most of those persons claiming to be IPOB members are not 'Igbo' men but miscreants from a certain part called Ab*******.
I make bold to say that the protests has never been entirely peaceful...people are coarsed, threatened and beaten to join these protests. A better place to occupy and be heard is the National assembly and Government houses of different states of the East and not blocking roads plied by ordinary citizens....iPOB and MASSOB should be properly guided.

2 Likes

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by holajeedayy: 9:24am On Dec 03, 2015
Saturn213:
I think it is time Igbo elders caution the jobless miscreants causing all these mayhem

The SE governors should also have a meeting on how they can start creating an environment for gainful employment

The sight of the jobless IPOB youths roaming the streets during the protest was very saddening

I can really see why they are so angry, there is joblessness, poverty, dirt, frustration everywhere

I will even suggest they set up a charity for the SE. People are suffering there.

let the protest continue SE have rights,just imagine useless leader that we have fake change we experience,why ll all this not happen we there is no job for graduate in the region ,u c ur governor with big tommy unable to speak well fighting for there own stomach distroying nigeria education with coruption sending there children to school in usa and dubai there by making our youth useless,contentless and unemployable....anythin them won do make them do it
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by DrChukzy(m): 9:43am On Dec 03, 2015
engrlarex:

Ewu give me another definition of protest, when dey r busy blocking the peaceful movement of road users in d name of Biafra. burning trucks and mosque and u call it peaceful.
Dullard!!

Who call it peaceful??
Na you put fire for the mosque??

Your brain too dull joor! Aturu
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by Ephemmm: 9:53am On Dec 03, 2015
Kennedymac:
Igbo people ask for Biafra, Nigeria
refused and said the country must
be one. Danish man draws cartoon
of Mohammed in faraway Denmark,
you people go around killing Igbos
and destroying their properties in
the North. Philips Emegwali invents a
super-fast computer, you say a
"Nigerian" invents. Igbo student in
diaspora makes good grades, you
say a "Nigerian" graduates top of the
class. But Ikechukwu Abia is caught
trafficking drugs, you say an "Igbo"
man is caught with drugs abroad.
Igbo man do his business and
prosper, you people say they want to
steal your land and rule over you.
90% of oil blocs in the South are
owned by Northerners, you people
do not say they have stolen
someone's land and resources.
Igbos ask for the Presidency, you
people laugh at them and say "over
your dead body." The North has rule
Nigeria for over 38years and they
keep threatening everyone else that
they are being marginalized, and so
they start bombing everywhere, you
people say let's negotiate with them.
Igbos vote for Jonathan, you people
say they are myopic and tribalistic.
The North and the West voted for
Buhari, you people say it is called
"change" and democracy. Igbos rally
behind Jimi Abaje, you people say
they will drown in the lagoon.
Ambode won, you people start
cursing them. Adamu Ciroma and co
said "The North would make this
country ungovernable if a
Northerner does not become
President" and "They'll be no Nigeria
if power does not return to the
North". You people call them "Elder
Statesmen","Party Stalwart",
"Northern leader", etc. Nnamdi Kanu
says the same thing but you people
call him "a retard", "treasonable
criminal", "war-monger", "evil" and
so on. During the last elections,
Radio and TV stations in the North
play jihad songs while making anti-
GEJ campaigns, say all sorts of things
in Hausa, no newspaper headline
asked for them to be banned. Of
course you people call it politics.
Radioactivity Biafra does same, all
hell is let loose. You people say they
spreading bigotry and dangerous
propaganda. Do you people have an
IGBOPHOBIA? Of course not! No one
will agree. But do you think the
Igbos are problems, everyone will
raise their hands. But we ask, why
don't you let the Igbos separate and
go their way, you people give me
that terrorist look. Dear landlords,
just one question: What do you want
the Igbos to do to please you?

[b]For 6 years your own occupied the offices of Deputy Senate President, Deputy Speaker, SGF, Minister of Finance /Coordinating Minister of the Nigerian Economy, Ministers of Health, Aviation, Labour, Petroleum (by Marriage), Chief of Army Staff etc yet nobody complained that the Igbos got too much of the Federal Power rations neither did your highly placed brethren improve your lot in terms of development!

Other ethnic groups watched carefully and played their politics towards national relevance while we the Igbos got carried away and played politics of the pocket where semi-illiterate money bags charted the cause for us!

Those who have access to Aso Rock and got fat contracts sustained the lies to hoodwink both Aso Rock Gods and the Igbos. In blind response devoid of any logical reasonings the Igbos put all their fragile eggs in one basket that had lost form and shape to protect them. As the results of those fatal errors set in the same money miss roads are now fanning the ambers of secession as their next meal ticket bargaining chip while the teaming youth they lure with money and lies risk losing everything including their lives for nothing in the end.

Compare the Igbo TAN money bags and/or failed politicians to the likes of Aliko Dangote, Mike Adenuga, Femi Otedola who are hardly seen or heard playing partisan talk less of ethno-religious politics! Imagine Dangote gathering the leaders of Northerners in Lagos and imposing political party or candidate in Lagos State politics on them. Such is near impossible! The Igbos have allowed derogatory pocket politics to puncture their natural nobility as a people!

With men of honour and class like Ebitu Ukaiwe, Emeka Anyaoku, Ndubisi Kanu, Ben Nwabueze and others the Igbos should have no business listening to the likes of Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil), Chris Uba etc any time they talk politics!
[/b]

4 Likes

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by dubemivan(m): 9:58am On Dec 03, 2015
Saturn213:

Please let us stop the violence

Why are IPOB and Igbo groups killing Hausas and burning their properties?

It has to stop
IPOB are only staging peaceful protest and there is no proof to justify that they are after Hausas rather they are fighting for their freedom. IPOB are not fighting with Arms remember and it is not against the North! I hereby disqualify that they are killing Hausa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by FrancisCAF: 11:04am On Dec 03, 2015
The IPOB leader did not miss word calling Nigeria a zoo. Imagine a country where situation like this arose for months now, even about to escalate. The President and other concerned authorities kept quiet. No form of address on the issue, no dialogue but rather derives pleasure is killing them. Nawaooooooo
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by billyG(m): 11:31am On Dec 03, 2015
RedCapChief:
[size=13pt]Nine people died today. Their only crime was to be born in country that regards an entire zone as a den of second-class citizens
Those who swore to protect them have blessed them with bullets

The FG keeps begging Shekau to accept amnesty yet they will not even send a cabinet minister to see IPOB. Heck, even Garba Shehu/Femi Adesina will calm some frayed nerves. However, who do we see? NOBODY! Because they are Igbos, they must be met with bullets at first contact.

People think IPOB wants war. That is not true. Nobody sane ever wants war. War kills children and destroys livelihoods. Just ask those in IDP camps.
All they want is a chance to be heard. Just one freaking chance! One of the numerous emissaries sent to beg BH should come and hear them out

Gowon promised Nigeria will develop as a whole after 1970. However, this development started in Lagos, moved upwards, vanished towards Niger Bridge and then re-appeared up North.

I'm not surprised. After all, we are the 5%

[/size]
which developement did u see in d north.
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by leo1234(m): 11:36am On Dec 03, 2015
engrlarex:

Nobody is after anybody's properties since they r clamouring for secession, and dey've started soft war in the east, in war all tools r allowed. they should just shun dis hate against the present govt and forge ahead or else dey will keep dieing like chicken.

So because some touts in the southeast are causing problem igbo no longer have the right to resside where they want.
Boko haram had caused more damages and clamouring for islamic state yet no region asked the northerners to vacate.
Why are the igbos always marginalised in this country?
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by pristines: 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2015
But what is wrong if Biafra is given to them, Igbos dont have anything in common with Hausas and Yorubas except black skin, even husbands and wife divorce when they are tired so why wont biafra be granted. You people should understand that Nigeria will never will be good again except it is divided.

I wander why you wont let them be.
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by engrlarex(m): 2:40pm On Dec 03, 2015
DrChukzy:

Dullard

Who mentioned peaceful?? Thats why I hate arguing with blind people. Answer my question o...na ur papa dey pay them d #500?

I won't reply u coz I guess ur father is a miscreant and u have no regard for him or ur father is dead dts y u don't kw what it takes to be a father. but the most likely things is that u just escaped from yaba left.
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by DrChukzy(m): 2:49pm On Dec 03, 2015
engrlarex:

I won't reply u coz I guess ur father is a miscreant and u have no regard for him or ur father is dead dts y u don't kw what it takes to be a father. but the most likely things is that u just escaped from yaba left.
Dullard!!!

Na your left cancerous breast just excape from the Doctor's hands. Fool like you wey no sabi book.

Go and Die with ur papa left scrotum. Bastard
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by DrChukzy(m): 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
engrlarex:

Dullard!!!

Na your MAMA left cancerous breast just excape from the Doctor's hands. Fool like you wey no sabi book.

Go and Die with ur papa left scrotum. Bastard
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by frenchboy(m): 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
No
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by alaskido(m): 4:46pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nigeria we hail thee, to serve Nigeria is not by force. Dasuki bought arms for Boko Haram to fight Nigerian soldiers. Nigerian soldiers claim they do not have arms to fight Boko Haram, yet they have arms to kill harmless defenceless Nigerians.

Buhari, your government is the worst in history. You are more clueless than Jonathan. Since you came into power all you have done is to travel from one country to another and fight kwaruption. You yourself are also Kwarupt. Kwaruption brought you into power. Ahmed Tinubu and Amaechi stole Lagos and Rivers money to put you into power. You need to start prosecution from them before you touch anyone else.
Re: JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard by franconian: 5:08pm On Dec 03, 2015
michaelala:

Suggest one sir!

Tear gas!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Bandit Leader, Kachalla Baleri, Flaunts Redesigned Naira Notes / Funsho Fayose And Oluwakemi Owolabi Pre-Wedding Pictures / Boko Haram: I Killed Many I Was Shot On Purpose By My Fellow Soldier- Ex Soldier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.