Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,987 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria (16483 Views)

Why Is Unemployment Getting Worse In Nigeria / Why Entrepreneurship Is Not The Solution To Unemployment In Nigeria / How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by seyz91(m): 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2021
You can say that again undecided

Guess you still being fed undecided
Ngasky:
Actually it is not as bad as perceived

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2021
People go mostly to belong to the i am graduate clique
Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by sammirano: 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2021
Ahmed0336:
Unemployment situation in Nigeria is so terrible that even devil herself is shocked.

angry how do you know devil be woman?
Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Bayaar02(m): 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2021
It's actually heart breaking seeing Nigerian youths wasting their productive years away due to unemployment... Federal government Una fada! �

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Abikeade11(f): 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2021
Very bad, as in too bad
Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by DoctorStylish: 1:06pm On Aug 23, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

Absolutely, government creates good avenues for businesses to thrive, businesses in turn solves unemployment issues.
Unfortunately the government we have, are hell bent on making governmental policies that hinder businesses and also thriving startups

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Godispeace: 1:07pm On Aug 23, 2021
NIgeria youth and Nigerians are so funny , Your pastors e.g Oyedepo etc and Alhajis keep turning every factory /ware house ( meant for industrial revolution), turn every empty lands (meant for Agriculture/farming ) into worship centers with poor people offerings /tithes and keep asking you to pray for job improvement while at the same time lure you to continue to blame govt /Buhari for unemployment.
dblock:
Like if you go to University studying any course in Nigeria and you get an achievement between Average ad Excellent. How likely are you to get a decent job in the job market.

If unemployment is so bad, why do people bother going to university?

To linger around until something comes up?

What is the unbiased, impersonal truth to unemployment in the entire country.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by whippersnapper(m): 1:07pm On Aug 23, 2021
I know someone that has a PhD but jobless

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by dikeke: 1:08pm On Aug 23, 2021
Very bad! The worst in global unemployment rate. You can cross check.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 23, 2021
Nigeria has the highest number of comedy skit online

No jobs, no employment, your bring up an idea the government will kill it....now everybody is doing online comedy

That's how you know your country is drowning....Nigeria is here to kill any business or idea

Because everybody will rush into it at once and it will die a natural death

Run away from Nigeria.....give your spe*ms and eggs a better future to thrive in grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Mrkumareze(m): 1:08pm On Aug 23, 2021
Bigfish121:
Govt alone can not solve the problem of unemployment.

That is why they need to give adequate basic infrastructure to enable the private sector succeed .. Here govt ll even help to kill the little structure you out in place to succeed..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by NairaMaster1(m): 1:08pm On Aug 23, 2021
Very Bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Nackzy: 1:08pm On Aug 23, 2021
Very bad ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 23, 2021
Mrkumareze:

That is why they need to give adequate basic infrastructure to enable the private sector succeed .. Here govt ll even help to kill the little structure you out in place to succeed..
government killed mine and I RAN!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by TheRealestGuy(m): 1:09pm On Aug 23, 2021
The problem is not just unemployment but underemployment

Pay structure is also terrible in Nigeria, although a reflection of the general poverty levels in the country.

Yes there are jobs, but they are very few compared to the number of job seekers and with mostly poor pay.

In all developed countries, the SMEs are always the driver of the economy. the government must focus on making business friendly policies and implementing initiatives that will help youth massively establish SMEs.

That is the only way out in terms of the bad situation the average Nigerian youth finds himself/herself.

For job seekers out there, go follow @Career_LinkNG on Twitter for verified job ads, CV reviews and other related services. You will be blessed via that platform hopefully.

Cheers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Dogi1(m): 1:09pm On Aug 23, 2021
Very bad, as bad as the name Buhari
Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Ngasky(m): 1:09pm On Aug 23, 2021
seyz91:
You can say that again undecided

Guess you still being fed undecided
I am gainfully employed since 2010. Yes some jobs have low pay but one has to start from somewhere.
Nothing starts from the top thats why even in nature nobody is born full grown.
Work on yourself and be dedicated you will get there. But if you are waiting for ready made then unfortunately you are in real trouble

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Dogi1(m): 1:10pm On Aug 23, 2021
Very bad,
Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Goalnaldo(m): 1:10pm On Aug 23, 2021
Worse than the time you created this thread op.
Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by hustla(m): 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2021
dblock:
Like if you go to University studying any course in Nigeria and you get an achievement between Average and Excellent. How likely are you to get a decent job in the job market.

If unemployment is so bad, why do people bother going to university?

To linger around until something comes up?

What is the unbiased, impersonal truth to unemployment in the entire country.

Things are bad, but if you have the right skills and try to Learn more than what's taught in classrooms, you'll get jobs easily

5 Likes

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by pegix(m): 1:12pm On Aug 23, 2021
Tertiary education moulds you into becoming a better version of your self

Can't tell u all have learnt mentally, emotionally and others in the past few years of being an undergraduate

You see for employment ehn... E choke everywere

Learn a viable and useful skill now

For me photography all d way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by possibilita(m): 1:13pm On Aug 23, 2021
Racoon:
Just ask Lai Mohammed if truly dressing of masquerades have provided the 3M jobs he once lied about.
truly the internet never forgets
Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Muhylonaire007: 1:14pm On Aug 23, 2021
Hmmm
Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by MrHealth(m): 1:14pm On Aug 23, 2021
Hmmm...

Nigeria is gone.

But do you know what I heard yesterday?

I heard some guys are getting married with N20K Monthly Salary in this same Nigeria

Somebody should please pour cold water on me. I won faint grin

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by seyz91(m): 1:14pm On Aug 23, 2021
Right!

But will still say you favored in the labour market

Not everyone is
Ngasky:

I am gainfully employed since 2010. Yes some jobs have low pay but one has to start from somewhere.
Work on yourself and be dedicated you will get there. But if you are waiting for ready made then unfortunately you are in real trouble
Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Bigfish121(m): 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2021
That is the major problem we are facing in this country.govt can not even decide to encourage startups.

Mrkumareze:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Skillsnigeria: 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2021
Hmmm
Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Bigfish121(m): 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2021
Exactly

Yusufisraelj:

Absolutely, government creates good avenues for businesses to thrive, businesses in turn solves unemployment issues.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Mrkumareze(m): 1:16pm On Aug 23, 2021
ezenwajosh:
government killed mine and I RAN!!!

Lol, You need to travel to some places to see massive companies that folded up, billions rusting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Lamanii22(f): 1:17pm On Aug 23, 2021
Wow! A post from 2009.... Nigeria was even good then now it's totally worse

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Baldwretch: 1:18pm On Aug 23, 2021
Ngasky:

Boss, where do you work currently and can you help me too? I have a Bsc Mathematics.
Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 23, 2021
Mrkumareze:

Lol, You need to travel to some places to see massive companies that folded up, billions rusting
I experienced it first hand I tell you....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Achievers University, Owo Academic Job Recruitment (30 Positions) / Jumia Summer Internship Programme 2016 / 10 Common Sense Interview Tips Too Many People Flub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.