Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria (16445 Views)

Why Is Unemployment Getting Worse In Nigeria / Why Entrepreneurship Is Not The Solution To Unemployment In Nigeria / How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by dblock(m): 8:51am On May 29, 2009
Like if you go to University studying any course in Nigeria and you get an achievement between Average and Excellent. How likely are you to get a decent job in the job market.

If unemployment is so bad, why do people bother going to university?

To linger around until something comes up?

What is the unbiased, impersonal truth to unemployment in the entire country.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Veryfoolishboy: 9:40am On Aug 23, 2021
So Unemployment has always been. Bad in 9ja

The post above was made in 2009 and we are in 2021. I had to bring the OP post back to life

I can do anything... Any job for you... Kindly mention me. I Need something to keep body and soul together

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by valves: 1:00pm On Aug 23, 2021
TBH unemployment is very high right now. A lot of graduates are without jobs and, unfortunately, without skills. The best advice I'd give to young people out there is to learn a skill while in school. It will pave way for you after school.

Again, I don't think unemployment should be a reason why someone shouldn't get a good education. Rather I am of the opinion that your education should be an added advantage to you in any area of life you venture into. For example, an educated businessman should be better than an uneducated one because he should be aware of the tends and latest happening in the business area which should be an advantage.

Times have changed. Build yourself. Most employers now won't even employ you if you don't have some basic skills.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Officialgarri: 1:00pm On Aug 23, 2021
Veryfoolishboy:
So Unemployment has always been. Bad in 9ja
There have never been a time since independence when people spoke good of any government, claimed there was circulation of money, or excess jobs for people.
These complaints have been there since decades.
How do I know this? Check old newspapers and read these same complaints of today.

However, I believe with the right skills and adequate information, unemployment won't be a problem

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by kudinkarfe: 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2021
Unemployment is very high under this administration due to poor government policies. The course you read and your class of degree doesn't count if you don't have god father. While in school Please, find something to do, no matter how small. it's better than being idle. Join a friend in his business, join your parents, learn a handwork or skill, don't slumber in your dads house believing there is White collar job. You will hate life when you graduate and you are jobless without any skill or business to support yourself.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by xyz123456: 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2021
2009 thread now on FP in 2021. Unemployment for 2009 na child's play. Only God knows what will happen in 2030.
Anyway get scholarship to become a frontend developer, Backend Developer, Data Scienitst etc at https://ustacky.com/quiz

9 Likes

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by dejiih01: 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2021
Since 1970.

Go learn a marketable skills brethren. Nigeria is doomed already let's try to pray it favors us

4 Likes

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Pelaiye2703(m): 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2021
Worse

1 Like

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by SecretReporter(f): 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2021
BAD during PDP era but under Buhari Employment is Harram, This Government make Employment to be Harram

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Ahmed0336(m): 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2021
Unemployment situation in Nigeria is so terrible that even devil herself is shocked.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Bornsinner7: 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2021
People only go to school because their parents want them to..

Over 89% of our tertiary institutions will give you a course to study outside your preferred course of study.. that alone tells you that many just go to obtain the certificate rather than going to acquire knowledge on what they want to become..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Ancecoker(m): 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2021
angry
Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by keentola(m): 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2021
By the number of young people commenting on posts on Monday, I'd say it is very bad. .

To confirm my word, look at the time of comment. So people have nothing better to do than sit by their phone and comment on trends.

To solve unemployment in your life, you need to be smart. You can't be smart if you don't read. Check my siggy for details

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Medicjojo(m): 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2021
Very bad that we can't really talk about it with our mere mouth.

Government needs to address this issue ASAP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by DropsMic(m): 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2021
This bad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by CsRockefeller(m): 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2021
22 years gone, and nothing has changed.

Talent you see any?

Attention!!!
Have a Brand New Nokia 6.2 (4/64) going for cheap at 55k.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by naxyrick: 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2021
D

1 Like

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by zuzuonyi: 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2021
O bad gan!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Bigfish121(m): 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2021
Govt alone can not solve the problem of unemployment.

2 Likes

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Ngasky(m): 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2021
Actually it is not as bad as perceived. I believe underemployed should be the real challenge.
As far as you are ready to work without any big ambitious position. One can get a job within 2 weeks or less. Especially if you are dedicated

5 Likes

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Unibener: 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2021
D

2 Likes

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2021
We have the Nigeria Bureau of Statistics

1 Like

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by possibilita(m): 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Conner44: 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2021
Very very bad

In fact it’s beginning to look like there’s more schools than available jobs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Jabar2017: 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2021
O worst....kilode..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by DoctorStylish: 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2021
terrible
People still bother Cos Education is a great investment

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2021
Too bad

Whatever legit you can be doing even if the pay is small for now, please do. It's better than being idle 24/7.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by omoregie7968: 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2021
Very poor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by JavaScript90: 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2021
What is unemployment? I believe people just can't bring down themselves to do certain jobs due to their ego or certificate. I remember 2011 when I finished waec I had to start offloading plantain to make ends meet though my colleagues opted to do sales girl /boy and other minor jobs until person enter university. Now we dib graduate my colleagues who didn't find white collar jobs are either sowing,buying/selling, into crypto or other stuffs. Honestly I don't know any that is not 'working'. The problem is that everyone wants high paying government/private jobs which everyone can't get. I honestly believe that what we actually have in the country is under-employment not unemployment

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Yusufisraelj(m): 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2021
Bigfish121:
Govt alone can not solve the problem of unemployment.

Absolutely, government creates good avenues for businesses to thrive, businesses in turn solves unemployment issues.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by abbaapple: 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2021
angry

You still de look for job Abi
Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Racoon(m): 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2021
Just ask Lai Mohammed if truly the dressing of masquerades have provided the 3M jobs he once lied about.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N-Power Beneficiaries Didn't Get Shortlisted For FCSC? / Procter And Gamble (P&G) Is Recruiting / 10 Common Sense Interview Tips Too Many People Flub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.