Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria (16486 Views)

Why Is Unemployment Getting Worse In Nigeria / Why Entrepreneurship Is Not The Solution To Unemployment In Nigeria / How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by knowyaself2(m): 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2021
valves:
TBH unemployment is very high right now. A lot of graduates are without jobs and, unfortunately, without skills. The best advice I'd give to young people out there is to learn a skill while in school. It will pave way for you after school.

Again, I don't think unemployment should be a reason why someone shouldn't get a good education. Rather I am of the opinion that your education should be an added advantage to you in any area of life you venture into. [/b]For example, an educated businessman should be better than an uneducated one because he should be aware of the tends and latest happening in the business area which should be an advantage.[b]

Times have changed. Build yourself. Most employers now won't even employ you if you don't have some basic skills.

@ the bolded, just the truth. In fact, have the mindset, while in school and after your studies, to acquire experiences(jobs) or/and skills, and create businesses. An educated smart person must have an edge over an uneducated one.
Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Ngasky(m): 1:24pm On Aug 23, 2021
seyz91:
Right!

But will still say you favored in the labour market

Not everyone is
I started as a Mathematics/Physics/Further Mathematics teacher in a private secondary school, This plus Extra lesson to couple of my students. Thats hiw i started.
Don't ever look down on any job. Start with the low one and then continue moving through better jobs. You will definitely get there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Kaiser20: 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2021
Bigfish121:
Govt alone can not solve the problem of unemployment.
Nigerians are hard working people, i don't they're waiting for government to create direct jobs.
★The citizens need stable power supply
★Security to move freely
★Good road network

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by seyz91(m): 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2021
Confirm!
Ngasky:

I started as a Mathematics/Physics/Further Mathematics teacher in a private secondary school, This plus Extra lesson to couple of my students. Thats hiw i started.
Don't ever look down on any job. Start with the low one and then continue moving through better jobs. You will definitely get there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Ojycelarma: 1:29pm On Aug 23, 2021
Okay

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by effort1: 1:35pm On Aug 23, 2021
Officialgarri:

There have never been a time since independence when people spoke good of any government, claimed there was circulation of money, or excess jobs for people.
These complaints have been there since decades.
How do I know this? Check old newspapers and read these same complaints of today.

However, I believe with the right skills and adequate information, unemployment won't be a problem

Buhari claimed to create 3 million jobs per year.

Where are the jobs?

You were one of those praising him.

Are you praising him for being a failure?

Do you think you deserve a blessing or curse from your children if they realise you defend someone bent on ruining their destinies even before they are born?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by arthurwillia(m): 1:38pm On Aug 23, 2021
keentola:
By the number of young people commenting on posts on Monday, I'd say it is very bad. .

To confirm my word, look at the time of comment. So people have nothing better to do than sit by their phone and comment on trends.

To solve unemployment in your life, you need to be smart. You can't be smart if you don't read. Check my siggy for details

Lol Oga rest look at the time you are commenting too
Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:38pm On Aug 23, 2021
2009 was even good o. 2021 will look like a paradise compared to 2030 grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by TechNana(f): 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2021
Veryfoolishboy:
So Unemployment has always been. Bad in 9ja

The post above was made in 2009 and we are in 2021. I had to bring the OP post back to life

I can do anything... Any job for you... Kindly mention me. I Need something to keep body and soul together

You are veryfoolishboy?

How foolish could you be

This could be a job on its own

I know a mr Paul comedian who always talk rubbish...
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Yusufisraelj(m): 1:42pm On Aug 23, 2021
DoctorStylish:

Unfortunately the government we have, are hell bent on making governmental policies that hinder businesses and also thriving startups

Sincerely, I really don't understand our style in this country.

1 Like

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Veryfoolishboy: 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2021
TechNana:

You are veryfoolishboy?
How foolish could you be
This could be a job on its own
I know a mr Paul comedian who always talk rubbish...
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Except I am not a comedian but I can perform any role.

1 Like

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by gift2xl: 1:51pm On Aug 23, 2021
Am still searching my dictionary to see if I can get another word worst than bad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by MrMcJay(m): 1:59pm On Aug 23, 2021
ezenwajosh:
I experienced it first hand I tell you....

I think I remember you. You're the man whose power generation business was clamped down on, right? I saw your post years ago.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Ekg911(m): 2:00pm On Aug 23, 2021
Ngasky:

how much is your monthly pay for those three subjects? Please no offence sir!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by MrMcJay(m): 2:01pm On Aug 23, 2021
MrHealth:
Hmmm...

Nigeria is gone.

But do you know what I heard yesterday?

I heard some guys are getting married with N20K Monthly Salary in this same Nigeria

Somebody should please pour cold water on me. I won faint grin

They are laying a solid foundation for generational poverty.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by micflo28(m): 2:01pm On Aug 23, 2021
NYSC should entirely be for entrepreneurship training to arrest the growing trend of unemployment. Government should stop throwing peoples valuable one year into the high sea. Forcing people to teach isn’t skills development. Use the money paid as allowance to graduates during Nysc as seed capitals for their businesses and ideas. The system is encouraging unemployment. Brilliant yet dependent youths is no longer the way for this nation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by micflo28(m): 2:08pm On Aug 23, 2021
MrHealth:
Hmmm...

Nigeria is gone.

I heard some guys are getting married with N20K Monthly Salary in this same Nigeria

Some youths are just plain stupid. It’s better you gather that 20k for some years and venture into farming before considering marriage. People think having children is better than having investment, when you spend your years having and taking care of children, you will be left with nothing to leave for them and they continue in that cycle.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by ZooOga: 2:11pm On Aug 23, 2021
Many peepo are caught in the class mindset. Dem think because dey went to Uni it is beneath dem dignity to do work using dem hands, menial work, or tilling the fertile soil until a better opportunity arrives in life. Year in and year out dey cry and moan about conditions instead of getting up off of dem yansh and building a brighter future and better country. Every week we see threads about yahoo boys getting docked. Armed robbers and kidnappers in the north are easily manipulated because of lack of modern education by the northern elites. No excuse for other sections of Naija.

2 Likes

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Omohena: 2:11pm On Aug 23, 2021
Nigeria job is whom u know oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by coputa(m): 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2021
dblock:
Like if you go to University studying any course in Nigeria and you get an achievement between Average and Excellent. How likely are you to get a decent job in the job market.

If unemployment is so bad, why do people bother going to university?

To linger around until something comes up?

What is the unbiased, impersonal truth to unemployment in the entire country.
It's not the lack of job but lack of skills to help themselves.
There are jobs everywhere,but our graduates do not have the required skills to fit in, as employer or employee.
Our educational curriculum should be over hauled to suit our peculiar environment

1 Like

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by NohurryInLife: 2:16pm On Aug 23, 2021
Totally, virtually, completely & absolutely bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Ngasky(m): 2:19pm On Aug 23, 2021
Ekg911:
how much is your monthly pay for those three subjects? Please no offence sir!
20k thats 2011 The minimum wage was just increased to 19k then.
The main thing here is the pay for starters is generally very low. But if you can persevere sky is your limit.
Waiting for FIRS, NNPC, CBN. You will just waste your time and with time you can't even pass the interview for private school teacher.
The above 3 subjects were my official subjects aside being a class master but I do teach practical chemistry, Geography (map reading), and computer as the case arises ( like the teacher being absent or in the case of map reading the teacher is not good in that aspect).
I got my real job through that school. Through 2 ways.
1. It make me to always study so that i can answer all tg2e questions the students will ask me in all their respective subjects. With this when i wrote the exams for my job i was the highest scorer in the exam written by about 1600 candidates in 2014.
Secondly, after passing the test i was invited to physical verification/interview. the head of that board was the secretary to the state government. who i happens to have an encounter with in that same school. I dont know the man but he recognize me funny enough eventhough i refused to succumb to his request when i was teaching in that school. i insist on doing the right thing at that time i dont even know who the man is. it was in the interview that he narrate my encounter with him. and he recommend me for the job. That was when i knew who he really is.
Advice: don't ever burn bridges. you wont know who will help you in the future. This man has the power to reject me without any excuse but he even recommend me. And to date i cant recognise the face of this man

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by don4real18(m): 2:21pm On Aug 23, 2021
dblock:
Like if you go to University studying any course in Nigeria and you get an achievement between Average and Excellent. How likely are you to get a decent job in the job market.

People go to the university to boost the opportunity to get a job abroad.
Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Lamasta(m): 2:33pm On Aug 23, 2021
Unemployment now is terribly bad and the government is not helping matters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Sheriman(m): 2:33pm On Aug 23, 2021
MrHealth:
Hmmm...

Nigeria is gone.

Guy you just dey make me laugh since morning with this your comments
Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Femijohn198: 2:35pm On Aug 23, 2021
Under buhari regime unemployment thougher , even Npower were layoff nothing is working.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by ejimatic: 2:44pm On Aug 23, 2021
dblock:

. Employment crisis is worse daily as we turn many graduates out without jobs for them Those who want to go into business have no capital. Those with capital are battled with inflation while only connected Nigerians have good jobs.Polytechnic graduates who are supposed to be in companies now work in state Secretariats or schools while Yoruba and Agriculture graduates work in banks. Sadly nobody cares even in the face of tension-soaked unemployment crisis in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by Princeps: 2:44pm On Aug 23, 2021
I recently got a job that pays almost a million monthly after taxes, in Nigeria. No connection got me the job. God's Grace got me from start to finish. Threads like this are really pointless if your faith in God is strong.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by rickyboss333: 2:44pm On Aug 23, 2021
Even baby born yesterday knows it's not bad. It's Horrible!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by komodapson(m): 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2021
dblock:

The whole essence of higher education is not to seek for employment, rather to get informed and enlighten

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Is Unemployment In Nigeria by cmecproblem(m): 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2021
It's difficult to tell because many parents are feeding their 30+ graduates who seem comfortable with the arrangement. A few years and we'll know how bad the situation is.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Common Sense Interview Tips Too Many People Flub / A N60k Job With N500 Expenses Daily / My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.