Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:40 AM

On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? (20136 Views)

Success Mail After Interview / Expect A Regret Mail From Nigerian Breweries If You Fail This Test / 8 Months After Medicals At Ikeja Electric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Ugosample(m): 11:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
If they disqualify people because of HIV, then companies in this country must be very backward!!!!! Shame
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Beey(f): 2:51am On Dec 04, 2015
dustydee:
They are not supposed to conduct HIV test without your consent so that is out of the question
yes they are not supposed to.But do you really believe that they don't secretly test?Ask yourself, how do they come up with their statistics?
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by dustydee: 7:13am On Dec 04, 2015
Beey:
yes they are not supposed to.But do you really believe that they don't secretly test?Ask yourself, how do they come up with their statistics?
People go for HIV tests on their own. I have never been asked to do blood test as part of the recruitment process. If you are asked to do a blood test then ask which test they want to perform. Before an HIV test, you are supposed to be counselled by a trained counselor.
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Beey(f): 10:00am On Dec 04, 2015
dustydee:

People go for HIV tests on their own. I have never been asked to do blood test as part of the recruitment process. If you are asked to do a blood test then ask which test they want to perform. Before an HIV test, you are supposed to be counselled by a trained counselor.
like I said, they do it secretly.They are not gonna give you the results back.But it's for their own knowledge

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by Mekyno(m): 4:46pm On Dec 04, 2015
MathsChic:
Failing the medicals, which could have a test for the use of drugs.
Latent TB.
Fitness to work. If unfit, you can't be on the job.
Some jobs require special conditions, like not having respiratory allergies or problems.
Every company should not discriminate against employees who test +ve for HIV, as that's not allowed by law. Some companies however do.

Mostly also, they want to know if they should be worried about employing you. Some deadly diseases are contagious, e.g TB, and companies are not going to employ you if u have such diseases.

I was tested for Hepatitis, TB, Typhiod, And a couple other sundry tests. But not HIV. Of course, I passed all cheesy but i failed the eye test woefully. That didnt affect me since the job doesnt require that.
@failed eye test....dy/dx n intrgtn don kill ur eyes finish shey?....lol
Bt dnt tell me a blind man can do ur work as eyes are nt needed.
Hv a nice tym
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by engrrichie92(m): 8:06pm On Dec 05, 2015
kpolli:
You can only rejected if you fail the drug part, every other disease is documented in case of HMO and co.
you sound very sure?
you be hr manager?...lol
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by kpolli(m): 9:49pm On Dec 05, 2015
engrrichie92:

you sound very sure?
you be hr manager?...lol

No but it's discrimination if they deny you employment because of a disease.

Maybe diseases that are airborne will cause you not to be employed.

Plus I remember it being said or/and written during medicals.... Been a while I did it
Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by tee4naija(m): 7:08am On Dec 06, 2015
Well @ d op, I am not an hr person but I have had a similar experience. I attended a recruitment exercise of one prominent print media company based in Ibadan some years back. Only one post was vacant and I had all the role requested as specified in d JD. I made it through the aptitude test to several stages of interview. At the last stage of the interview, it was just two ppl, myself and one guy who happened to be d MD's candidate. I defeated this guy and everybody on the panel congratulated me including the MD himself. I was told to submit my passport photos and go for a medical test at the company's medical facility. 2 days after, my brother who is a junior staff in the hr called me to congratulate me that the result of my medicals had been sent to them and that I passed. I was asked to come and sign some pre employment papers. I went there and signed and the necessary papers and was given the company's code of conduct. I was told to resume two weeks after and that by then, my appointment letter would have been ready. But, alas, they never gave me the job claiming the position was too sensitive to be given to an outsider. I later learnt it was given to one of their editors. I would have sued them because they collected my blood and urine sampled, wasted my time and worst still made me to resign from the company I was working with then. But I didn't because of my brother who works in the company who I feared might be victimised if I took that action.
Today, I thank God I wasn't employed by the company. I have worked with 3 MNCs since then and my current salary is more than 700% higher than what they offered. My advice, move on with ur life if u are not given the job even after the medicals. God has a bigger plan for you.

4 Likes

Re: On What Basis Does One Get Regret Mail After Medicals? by lollmaolol(m): 10:04pm On Mar 27, 2017
tee4naija:
Well @ d op, I am not an hr person but I have had a similar experience. I attended a recruitment exercise of one prominent print media company based in Ibadan some years back. Only one post was vacant and I had all the role requested as specified in d JD. I made it through the aptitude test to several stages of interview. At the last stage of the interview, it was just two ppl, myself and one guy who happened to be d MD's candidate. I defeated this guy and everybody on the panel congratulated me including the MD himself. I was told to submit my passport photos and go for a medical test at the company's medical facility. 2 days after, my brother who is a junior staff in the hr called me to congratulate me that the result of my medicals had been sent to them and that I passed. I was asked to come and sign some pre employment papers. I went there and signed and the necessary papers and was given the company's code of conduct. I was told to resume two weeks after and that by then, my appointment letter would have been ready. But, alas, they never gave me the job claiming the position was too sensitive to be given to an outsider. I later learnt it was given to one of their editors. I would have sued them because they collected my blood and urine sampled, wasted my time and worst still made me to resign from the company I was working with then. But I didn't because of my brother who works in the company who I feared might be victimised if I took that action.
Today, I thank God I wasn't employed by the company. I have worked with 3 MNCs since then and my current salary is more than 700% higher than what they offered. My advice, move on with ur life if u are not given the job even after the medicals. God has a bigger plan for you.

Wouldn't be so easy to move on if not employed, especially if one have been unemployed for months.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three Years Of Unemployment Ended / Exxon Mobil Job For Graduate And Experienced Engineers (second Class Upper) Only / NTA Invitation For Test?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.