Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large (8229 Views)

Kebbi Is The Most Peaceful State In The History Of Nigeria – Gov. Okorocha / Which Ethnic Do You Love Among The Ethnics Group Of Nigeria? / Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 04, 2015
pazienza:

Lol! So all the crime in Lagos are now committed by Ndiigbo while all the success stories of Lagos belongs to Yorubas, even though they have failed to repeat this same Lagos success in any of their other states.

grin wink
what is this one saying... How many southwestern state have you gone, go to ondo state... Nice infrastructure, well arrange, go to ekiti same, ogun, ondo, osun.... This places have good standard of living, go to oyo.... Why do u think yoruba's don't think lagos is nigeria london like the way igbo people think of it....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by tonychristopher: 7:11am On Dec 04, 2015
[right][/right]
tundejoseph4:
I notice that Igbos and Hausas hated themselves with passion, infact they kill one another conveniently. But in the case of yorubas they both respect us. why this?

Who told you ?
Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by tonychristopher: 7:16am On Dec 04, 2015
Yanks101:
Peace is a concept that gives evidence to low crimes rates, stability and decent governance e.t.c.
That is how the rest of the world measure peace. And the SW as we know has one of the highest crimes rates in the country rivalling the north-east, so i don't know what peace you guys are talking about.
Or maybe, the Nigerian definition of peace is docility, care-free attitude to life and owambeism. Then yes, maybe the SW is the most ''peaceful''.

Gbam

You have just hit the nail at the head ...end of discussions
Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by ba7man(m): 9:55am On Dec 04, 2015
Nwaonyeke042:

You're definately taking me for Obasanjo whose attempt at farting in 1968 was suspended as an Igbo bullet ferociously pushed through his fart-route.
And 3million Igbos died as a result........ and almost 50yrs later, an unborn generation of Igbos are still hurting. undecided

It's like beating up a man so bad, his unborn children felt the pain.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by ba7man(m): 10:00am On Dec 04, 2015
princdebola201:

LMAO..!!!!!!! cheesycheesygrin in reality we all know majority of ur flat head brothers Bus stop is SS3 WAEC cheesycheesycheesy

Chinedu and chukwuma will prefer to go trading in ariara,onitsha market than waste their precious time writing 20 units course in higher insititution.

In reality majority of igbos students doesn't go further than secondary in igboland .they rather join league of competitors in Aba Market..
Or they rather follow chisco bus to Lagos to come and sell gala and lacasera in hold upcheesycheesycheesy

That's why u see yorubas dominating the ICT sector...cos it takes a full time literate to work or own ICT company not a WAEC certificate Holder or Aba trader
Igbo man sells me a computer for N100, 000 and I use it to generate 10s of millions in naira.........

Seems fair enough.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by tonychristopher: 12:06pm On Dec 04, 2015
ba7man:
Igbo man sells me a computer for N100, 000 and I use it to generate 10s of millions in naira.........

Seems fair enough.

Hmmmmmm talk is cheap
Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by ba7man(m): 12:09pm On Dec 04, 2015
tonychristopher:

Hmmmmmm talk is cheap
Where the trading you celebrate stops is where a lot of businesses start.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by princdebola201(m): 1:09pm On Dec 04, 2015
ba7man:

Seems fair enough.

LMAO.!!!!cheesycheesy Which of the igboman..?

The one in Lagos traffic Hold up selling Lacasera and galla

The one hawking phone charger from one street to another in Lagos

The one in Alaba with 2by2 shop selling pirated Cds

The one in Katangoura selling okirika bend down select

The one in Ladipo selling fake spare parts

the ones sleeping under bridge in Bariga, Cms, obalende, marina, e.t.ctonguetonguetongue

Or the that Loot public fund in south east and run down to south west to establishcheesycheesycheesy
Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by Herald47: 1:14pm On Dec 04, 2015
IamAtribalist:
cool I think that Yoruba culture eschew extremism. My dealings over the years with them show a people who have zero problem with religious differences. The average Yoruba person has no problem going to church on Sunday, then on Friday he goes to the Mosque and then maybe later in the week he pays a visit to Ifa. I heard somewhere that they even have a saying that means that 'no religion has a monopoly on God.' Igbos and Hausas on the other hand are religious extremists.
shatap,the yorubas were mainly christians before the fulanis came and conquered them;they also imposed islam on half of them.the fear of the fulanis made the yorubas to embrace islam.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by Dedetwo(m): 1:18pm On Dec 04, 2015
ba7man:

Seems fair enough.

What do you say about the peep who manufactured the computer? Logic or lack thereof is bane of progress in Nigeria. No wonder some are bent in leaving the union created by imperialists.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by tundejoseph4(m): 1:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
princdebola201:

LMAO.!!!!cheesycheesy Which of the igboman..?

The one in Lagos traffic Hold up selling Lacasera and galla

The one hawking phone charger from one street to another in Lagos

The one in Alaba with 2by2 shop selling pirated Cds

The one in Katangoura selling okirika bend down select

The one in Ladipo selling fake spare parts

the ones sleeping under bridge in Bariga, Cms, obalende, marina, e.t.ctonguetonguetongue

Or the that Loot public fund in south east and run down to south west to establishcheesycheesycheesy
haaaaaaa.......this guy no let ur mouth kill u, no be everything u see u go talk now. Though na true u talk sha
Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by Eshinwaju: 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2015
tonychristopher:
[right][/right]

Who told you ?

This is the point you fail to realise......Yorubas are not paranoid in thinking there is a conspiracy against them unlike some..... grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by ba7man(m): 4:06pm On Dec 04, 2015
Dedetwo:

What do you say about the peep who manufactured the computer? Logic or lack thereof is bane of progress in Nigeria. No wonder some are bent in leaving the union created by imperialists.
Dell, Toshiba, Apple , Acer?

Which one?
Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by say9ng(m): 9:44pm On Jan 02, 2016

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by naijalander: 11:06am On Jan 03, 2016
SonOfEl:
Cowardice + intellectual sabi sabi + two face = Yoruba

I agree with Cowardice but 2 faced is a heavy No. The Yoruba community is diverse with respect to religion, education, trade, etc that's why they appear 2 faced. You can always trust 2 Northerners to go with God, 2 Igbo guys to invest their talents and 2 Yoruba guys to disagree with each other; one to go with God and the other to invest his talent.

From an Historical pov, the Yoruba endured 16 years of continuous conflict in the 19th century, termed Kiriji War. Long story short, the war is the war that ended all Yoruba wars.

Get it?

Get it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by naijalander: 11:18am On Jan 03, 2016
Herald47:
shatap,the yorubas were mainly christians before the fulanis came and conquered them;they also imposed islam on half of them.the fear of the fulanis made the yorubas to embrace islam.
Actually you sharrap. Yorubas were muslims before Fulanis ever dreamed of southern conquest. That is why Islam in Yoruba was and is still called Esin Male, literarily Religion of Mali as in Timbuktu Mali. The first mosque in Oyo Ile was built in the 1550s . Fulanis did not become prominent until the 18th Century so please don't mislead people.

And the Fulani never conquered the Yoruba, the story is simple, Ilorin was home to the Yoruba moslem: their Mecca. In times of insecurity, their Emir wrote a letter to the Sultan of Sokoto guarantee ing that if attacked from the South, the North would defend them.

Finally shattap!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by naijalander: 11:23am On Jan 03, 2016
pazienza:

Lol! The universities in Yorubaland Igbos attend are mostly federal institutions built and maintained with funds not originating from Yorubaland.

Yorubas should be grateful to Ndiigbo for patronizing those schools and helping in creating business within those school environment and in increasing funds generated by such schools.

In Biafra, we will try to prevent such Capital flight by building more good universities in the East and ensuring our people stay in the East to school, there by keeping their funds circulating within Biafra and preventing capital flights we are currently experiencing.

Universities are lucrative ventures these days.

No one begged for Igbo patronizing in the SW and we could have differing opinions and not antagonize one another. This thread was supposed to teach y'all that but noooonooo. You sound more like a hater than you think.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Remain The Most Peaceful Ethnics In Nigeria At Large by naijalander: 4:39pm On Jan 03, 2016
pazienza:
At OP, it depends on what you mean by Peace, Yorubaland has the highest rate of crime in Nigeria, the stats are out there, so if your definition of Yorubas being peaceful is their support for one Nigeria and demand for Biafrans blood be spilled for our attempt at establishing Biafra, then I might agree with you that Yorubas are " peaceful in that context.

Yorubas are comfortable with the current Nigerian arrangement, it is understandable why they are pro one Nigeria.

As for Ndiigbo, we know we can achieve more than we already have in Nigeria if we establish Biafra, and so will never rest until we get Biafra.

Ikechuku1254, please help me post the link for the stats for crime rates in all geo political zones of Nigeria. I have been searching for that thread of yours with no success.

To say the SW has the highest crime rate is relative because the region is the most interculturally mixed region in the country. These crimes may or may not have been committed by people of Yoruba descent. Generally speaking the SW is the most 'organized' region in Nigeria because the leaders are slave to the people due to freedom of thought and expression as evident in the different schools of thought available, the melting pot of neighboring communities like the Igbo, Edo, Hausa, Efik, Ibibio, etc not the other way round like the SE where one Ojukwu said jump and they all did and now another Nnamdi Kanu is saying jump and some fools like yourself are ready to jump.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘FG Owes Egbin Power Station N86 Billion’ - CEO Egbin Power Plc / The State That Gave Atiku Victory & The Winning Margins Over Buhari / PDP Hails Tribunal Judgments On Govs. Udom, Ishaku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.